Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,319 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155246 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Eilenora:
We are plenty waiting o. I doubt they will issue PPR to us for now. I suspect itwill be after Fanshawe makes the list for covid readiness. Expecting a revised list this week. We move!

quote author=ojzreal post=95504990]congrats to everyone who got PPR but please is there any fanshawe college student with passport request, the wait is killing embarassed embarassed

It will end in praise, I believe fanshawe will make the list this week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Curie246: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Good day professional my first time here,

Please will a CGPA of 3.86/5 will be good for university of Alberta will they accept me with such 2.1 am looking at Msc Geophysics for Fall admission.

God bless you
I pray for grace as I start my Canadian journey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
MER Sep2,AIP Sept3. Sent a webform twice.Waiting for bvl and ppr
MzMisty:

Oh wow.
What did you do? Did you reach out to them and when did you get your Med request and what stage are you in at the moment.
(Please forgive my many questions).
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 143loombimmy: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
143loombimmy:
Hello guys, I'm new here, I would love to study for masters in food science by Fall 2021 in Canada, I heard the program is in two form3( course based and thesis based),

which of the two is easy to get in? I would like to know how easy it is to get response after sending an email to supervisor to fund and supervise thesis , if I'm going for the thesis based course.

I'm looking at Saskatchewan and Manitoba university, please I'm open to any recommendations and advices, Help a sister!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello,

I just visited the program’s website and all the required information is there. I’m not allowed to post that here. Please visit the website and check the admission requirements. The admission requirement says you need 3 out of 4 GPA in the last two years of study, that’s a 75%

Best wishes
Curie246:

Please will a CGPA of 3.86/5 will be good for university of Alberta will they accept me with such 2.1 am looking at Msc Geophysics for Fall admission.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Curie246:

God bless you
Hi Curie,

Your CGPA is ok for M.SC in Geophysics

But your chances of getting Admission for an M.SC is not limited to CGPA only, remember u av to secure a Supervisor (Professor) from U of Alberta, in the Geophysics Dept ,
So "how can woo/convince a Professor u are a suitable candidate for his Lab" is very important.

The contents in the link below will guide u on
How to secure a Potential Supervisor (through Mail) for M.SC Admission & Possible FUNDING (Scholarship)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Also,
Don't limit yourself to one school, explore other skools and check for Professors in their various Geophysics Department, so you can have other options if one don't click

Google the following schools offering
Masters in Geophysics & Geophysics Related Masters Programs

- MSc in Geophysics
Western University, Ontario

- MSc in Geophysics (Vancouver)
University of British Columbia, British Columbia

- MASc in Geophysics (Vancouver)

- MSc in earth sciences (geophysics)
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador

- MSc in Physics
University of Victoria, British Columbia

- MSc in Earth and Ocean Science

- M.Sc. in Physics
University of Toronto, Ontario

- MSc in Earth Sciences
University of New Brunswick, New Brunswick

- MSc in Earth Sciences
University of Waterloo, Ontario

Finally,

Note that,
It's not enough to search for Msc in Geophysics,

Narrow your search to a particular area of interest. Checkout profiles of Professors in different universities with related interest and coin a research interest(s) around that.

For example,

I am a Geophysicist grin, but that's too broad, rather I will plug myself easily into any research group who are into :
Geodynamic modelling of extreme uplift in the Alberta Rockies

If u av questions as regards this, do ask questions here in the forum

All da best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
143loombimmy:
Hello guys, I'm new here, I would love to study for masters in food science by Fall 2021 in Canada, I heard the program is in two form3( course based and thesis based),

which of the two is easy to get in? I would like to know how easy it is to get response after sending an email to supervisor to fund and supervise thesis , if I'm going for the thesis based course.

I'm looking at Saskatchewan and Manitoba university, please I'm open to any recommendations and advices, Help a sister!!!!
Hi bimmy,

Getting a Supervisor for Masters is like a full time Job cos u gotta contact (mail) lots of Professors of different schools. Some would respond, some would not, some might say they are not accepting students ,and some if they find ur research area interesting and it aligns with theirs, u might likely get a response from them. The success of u getting a Supervisor depends on the kind of mail u send to the professor. Its after you get accepted by a Supervisor that's when you can ask for funding, that's if the Prof. didn't talk about it in his/her response to u.

The link below will guide u on
How to Contact & Secure a Potential Supervisor (through Mail) for M.SC Admission & Possible FUNDING (Scholarship)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Also don't limit yourself to only one or two schools, explore more schools as much as u can, with that u gonna get access to more Professors (Potential Supervisor) and if one don't click, you can easily have options.

Visit the link below for Schools offering
Masters in Food Science & related M.SC programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Food+Science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Finally,

Also note that,
It's not enough to search for Msc in Food Science

Narrow your search to a particular area of interest. Checkout profiles of Professors in different universities with related interest and coin a research interest(s) around that.

For example,

I am a Food Scientist wink, but that's too broad, rather I will plug myself easily into any research group who are into :
EFFECT OF PROCESSING ON THE STORAGE STABILITY AND FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES OF COWPEA

All da best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kimkalash:
MER Sep2,AIP Sept3. Sent a webform twice.Waiting for bvl and ppr

I wish you all the best and God’s favor.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by harmony940(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Good evening gurus please I have a bsc in applied psychology,I will want to know if I can study msc mental health nurse.....Please I will be very grateful for any input...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
harmony940:
Good evening gurus please I have a bsc in applied psychology,I will want to know if I can study msc mental health nurse.....Please I will be very grateful for any input...
Hi Harmony,

Do u av a 2.1 or 2.2?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Tenianu:
Do you intend to send in your passport and wait for the PPR for the kids?

Please, what other documents did you add with your passport and where did you send it to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Curie246: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Curie,

Your CGPA is ok for M.SC in Geophysics

But your chances of getting Admission for an M.SC is not limited to CGPA only, remember u av to secure a Supervisor (Professor) from U of Alberta, in the Geophysics Dept ,
So "how can woo/convince a Professor u are a suitable candidate for his Lab" is very important.

How to secure a Potential Supervisor (through Mail) for M.SC Admission & Possible FUNDING (Scholarship)

Also,
Don't limit yourself to one school, explore other skools and check for Professors in their various Geophysics Department, so you can have other options if one don't click

Google the following schools offering
Masters in Geophysics & Geophysics Related Masters Programs

- MSc in Geophysics
Western University, Ontario

- MSc in Geophysics (Vancouver)

- MASc in Geophysics (Vancouver)

- MSc in earth sciences (geophysics)
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador

- MSc in Physics

- MSc in Earth and Ocean Science

- M.Sc. in Physics
University of Toronto, Ontario

- MSc in Earth Sciences
University of New Brunswick, New Brunswick

- MSc in Earth Sciences
University of Waterloo, Ontario

Finally,

Note that,
It's not enough to search for Msc in Geophysics,

For example,

I am a Geophysicist grin, but that's too broad, rather I will plug myself easily into any research group who are into :
Geodynamic modelling of extreme uplift in the Alberta Rockies

All da best!

Thanks so much dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Germaineus: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
Please house,someone has a 2.2 in human physiology,can someone tell me the course suitable to apply for and the canadian university suited for it ,i mean which doesn't use ielts or toefl as a prerequisite for admission.
Also which scholarship programme can come in handy..
Thanks as i await your reply..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by harmony940(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Harmony,

Do u av a 2.1 or 2.2?
Thanks I have a 2:1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
VFS Consent form 2 copies
Passport Data Page- 2 copies
Biometric Slip
REturn Courier

Marh:

Please, what other documents did you add with your passport and where did you send it to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello nairalanders.
Please I want to confirm whether Canada is still issuing AIP. I submitted my application on the 7th of September and Canada said all applications submitted before 15th of sept with pass through the 2 stage process...
Also it’s closing in to 2months since I submitted my application and no medical request, is this a good sign??
Day 53 of my application and still no contact from IRCC, God take the wheel and drive fast.
It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Calm down

adeenzo:
Hello nairalanders.
Please I want to confirm whether Canada is still issuing AIP. I submitted my application on the 7th of September and Canada said all applications submitted before 15th of sept with pass through the 2 stage process...
Also it’s closing in to 2months since I submitted my application and no medical request, is this a good sign??
Day 53 of my application and still no contact from IRCC, God take the wheel and drive fast.
It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Dampops:
Calm down

Dampops, one second I am calm, the next I am frantic undecided
Any advise you can give me, also will it be wise to book for my medicals down, since the next available date for medicals is 19th of November and that by God’s grace I would have gotten med request from Canada before then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MhizPresh95: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
@Frankrobbn1

Please can I have your email address.

quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=95530540]

Having critically examined the GCMS notes, the visa officer has expressed concerns about your choice of program which is not reasonable considering the fact that there are similar available programs in the UK and Nigeria. More so, there is no correlation between Biochemistry with your intended program in Business Analysis. Again is the fact that your immigration status in the UK will soon expire in April.

In light of the above concerns of the visa officer, I'll suggest that you return to Nigeria and reapply for your study permit or more preferably you renew your permit in the UK in either case would work. Most importantly, however, in your next application, apply for a program that is directly relevant to your previous studies in Biochemistry. To ease the difficulty of searching for a program, you can apply for Msc. Biotechnology in Brock University or University of Windsor as this program has strong connection with Biochemistry). Its is highly recommended that you should write a well detailed and concise LOE (3-4 pages max) demonstrating that your situation has substantially changed by highlighting the changes you've made in this current application. The LOE should explain comprehensively your career path and why you chose to pursue an MSc in Biotechnology and its associated benefits to your future goals and prospects in Nigeria. I would further recommend you mention three to four core courses you've done during your undergraduate program in Biochemistry that is relevant to your intended program - this will enable the VO understand that in fact your proposed program is clearly an academic progression.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It will end in praise[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nelmc: 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

As Regards English Test Requirement you see on school websites, u are exempted if you are a NIGERIAN, GHANIAN etc.

If u are a NIGERIAN, Ghanaian, u don't need an English Test to apply for a Masters in a Canadian Skool, NIGERIA, GHANA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University is English etc

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

If you are mandated by the skool in Canada to get a Proof of English Proficiency,
Contact (mail) your skool in Ghana , that u need an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Find attached a Sample of an English Test Waiver/Exemption Letter you should get from ur sch. in Ghana

In a nutshell,
Yes, u can get Masters Admission without IELTS in Canada

Thank you so much for this.. please does it have have to be the registrar? Could I use my HOD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2020
Tenianu:
VFS Consent form 2 copies
Passport Data Page- 2 copies
Biometric Slip
REturn Courier

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:56am On Nov 01, 2020
nelmc:

Thank you so much for this.. please does it have have to be the registrar? Could I use my HOD?
Yes it has to be the Registrar in your school Senate.

No you can't use ur HOD,an HOD is only limited to his/her dept. & faculty
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:09am On Nov 01, 2020
Germaineus:
Please house,someone has a 2.2 in human physiology,can someone tell me the course suitable to apply for and the canadian university suited for it ,i mean which doesn't use ielts or toefl as a prerequisite for admission.
Also which scholarship programme can come in handy..
Thanks as i await your reply..
A Graduate with 2.2 is eligible for a Post Graduate Certificate program.
The person should do a google search on the following Physiology Related Post Graduate Certificate programs

- PG. Cert, Exercise Science for Health and Performance
Niagara College, Welland, ONTARIO

- PG. Cert, Exercise Science And Lifestyle Management
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ONTARIO

You don't need an IELTS or TOEFL or any English Proficiency Test to apply for admission in Canadian Schools if you are from an English Speaking Country e.g Nigeria, Ghana etc. See this link for more details on that
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/458#95458165

There is no scholarship available for someone going for a PG. Cert programs, only applicants with 1st Class/2.1 going for Masters gets scholarship (funding) cos of the research work involved in it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayibo1: 6:52am On Nov 01, 2020
Good morning and Happy New month to everyone
I pray we shall all succeed in everything we lay our hands upon in this new month
Pls..I need someone that knows more about Nova Scotia community college..I've gone through their site..I can mostly see Diploma programs available but I'm looking to do Post graduate diploma..I graduated from the department of education management and a grade of 2nd class lower(2.78)
Moreover, I wish to study an IT course but I'm planning to apply for something related to my course..so later on, if I'm given admission and want to resume..I will change the course to an IT course..I don't know if that will be possible for me. Please..I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2020
Chocs:
Most Nigerian banks put their limit at 100 usd which is less than the visa fee. If you have a dollar card (domiciliary account) that would work. I saw somewhere on this group that 2 banks still have their limits at 300 usd and you can use their cards. But I can’t remember the bank name. Hopefully someone helps out with that.

Access bank Visa card is at 300

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 7:23am On Nov 01, 2020
rebecausoro:
Why do people only get BVLs and PPRs at night in Nigeria? It also seems they get it almost at the same time too. It's kind of weird that they don't send these things during the day.

Because IRCC has chosen to cum like a thief in the night.. smiley pun intended..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2020
You can go ahead with the upfront medical and send the information sheet given to IRCC Nairobi via webform and email.

Still calm down.

adeenzo:

Dampops, one second I am calm, the next I am frantic undecided
Any advise you can give me, also will it be wise to book for my medicals down, since the next available date for medicals is 19th of November and that by God’s grace I would have gotten med request from Canada before then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:51am On Nov 01, 2020
harmony940:

Thanks I have a 2:1
alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:05am On Nov 01, 2020
harmony940:
Yes you can, both course relate with each other, but there might likely be a special requirement owning to the NURSING/MEDICAL Clause in that program in which u might likely not av background in base on your degree in Psychology.

Try read the admission requirement of that program & skool into detail.

You can also explore the two Links below for schools offering Masters in Psychology, Psychiatric, Mental, Addiction programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Psychology&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Addiction&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Note that, you need to secure a Supervisor (Professor) for a thesis-based Masters program

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2020
On the Nova Scotia webpage, click on their search bar and enter Post Graduate Certificate(which is the same as Post Graduate Diploma), you would click the credential option, scroll down to and click “view graduate certificate programs “ Then make your choice from the list of courses available
Olayibo1:
Good morning and Happy New month to everyone
I pray we shall all succeed in everything we lay our hands upon in this new month
Pls..I need someone that knows more about Nova Scotia community college..I've gone through their site..I can mostly see Diploma programs available but I'm looking to do Post graduate diploma..I graduated from the department of education management and a grade of 2nd class lower(2.78)
Moreover, I wish to study an IT course but I'm planning to apply for something related to my course..so later on, if I'm given admission and want to resume..I will change the course to an IT course..I don't know if that will be possible for me. Please..I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
gustav25:
Lekiboboe, good day .... i am still on the hunt for a PGD diploma in Canada. You did recommend Nbss for me last week with a Human resource Management PGD. Can i please get more options from universities with very low tuition ? thanks as you reply to this
Apart from NBCC, u can check out

PG. Cert, HR program @ Nova Scotia Community College, see link below
https://www.nscc.ca/learning_programs/programs/PlanDescr.aspx?prg=HUMT&pln=HUMRESMAN

Their Tuition (International) is quite cheap, roughly $12,000 CAD

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.