Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156317 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
SOP and LOE are they the same thing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
seyiki:
I am sorry for asking this. Please which school and what type of programme is this tuition for? I am asking because I really love the cost

Me too..hahahaha..
When me I'm planning to 29k at royal roads
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
HorlarJP:
Going to a month since i did my biometrics and no message from IRCC.... my program starts in January 6 and not even a medical request not to talk of AIP, PPR etc.... the wait is killing me geez....
Please what happen if my application is not finalized until my school resumption?
Na to defer o...me I have deferred twice now, and I just sent them another email that I want to defer to may 2021, no update here too..got NSE letter, but I'm going for normal route!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
Legacyedition:
Did medicals 19th November . Medicals updated to pass after 8 days.

Seems early.

Pls I'll like to know if:
1. You did medicals after you submitted your application
2. Before submitting application, or
3. After you got request from IRCC to go n do it.

Because I want to do too, I have submitted my application since October 8th but no requested from them yet, and I dont want to do medical exam and the thing won't upload on my status online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Rootiab:
SOP and LOE are they the same thing?
No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
HorlarJP:
Going to a month since i did my biometrics and no message from IRCC.... my program starts in January 6 and not even a medical request not to talk of AIP, PPR etc.... the wait is killing me geez....
Please what happens if my application is not finalized until my school resumption?

Hello HolarJP, I will advise you to exercise a lot of patience, this Canada thing will test your patience, we have September applicants that haven't gotten medical requests, Canada is not in a haste at all oo, there is no method towards the way they are reviewing applications now ooo, nobody can categorically tell you at so so period you should expect to hear from IRCC. That been said, I would advise you to contact your school and get a better understanding of either their online learning procedures or semester deferment if you want that, lastly, I would advise you to book for your medicals from either qlife or IOM as appointment dates are running thin now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please is this number for Lagos VFS
Please if it isn't, please can someone send me VFS Lagos number
Kimkalash:
08150199900. Please call repeatedly and consistently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Because I want to do too, I have submitted my application since October 8th but no requested from them yet, and I dont want to do medical exam and the thing won't upload on my status online.

If you have the monetary resources to go for your medicals now please do it, as appointment dates are running thin already. conversely, if you want to wait for them to request your medicals then that's left to you as well. Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kollinz20: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Yes please... The duration stipulated on your Counterfoil is exactly what you will see in your stamped visa on your passport. Please be guided that a VISA only grants you entry into Canada, it doesn't determine your stay in Canada. At the point of entry, you will be issued a study permit and an SIN which covers for the duration of your studies in Canada.

All the best.
It will end in praise

@Frankrobnn1 I sent a webform to Lagos visa office and after submission I saw this, does it mean it takes 28days to get a response after submission of a webform.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
I collated this to track the current trend as concerns SP processing. If you notice a mistake or want to add you timeline, copy this, do the addition/correction and Paste.It shall end in Praise!

February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical)
silvamania (did upfront medical)
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar

I collated this to track the current trend as concerns SP processing. If you notice a mistake or want to add you timeline, copy this, do the addition/correction and Paste.It shall end in Praise!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
It was uploaded on my IRCC profile before they sent LOI . If you check your profile I believe you will see it there.
Ayobami2001:
How did you recieve a counterfoil..i still don't get what it is. I have gotten my LOI...but don't understand this conterfoil

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
If you can write the ielts and pass, I will advice you to write it and at least get a faster processing time. And yes if your application for PR is filed more than two years to the date you wrote the exam you will have to write another one. Why not do this and when you get to that stage you will cross that. Just my thought

OtunbaTee:

Main reason I boned the thing...cos when u wana do p.r stuff ull still write another IELTS.abi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
If you applied in June why not order for gcms because that's more than the normal processing time. My program also starts Jan 11.

It will end in praise.

Uzomachukwu:

My situation is similar to yours, though I first lodged my application in the month of June and completed my biometrics on Sept 8, medical on Sept 1. I'm yet to get a response from IRCC: No BVL, No PPR, my medical has not even been updated on GCkey.

My program will start on Jan 3, and classes on the 11th. With the look of things, I will definitely have to begin classes remotely here in Nigeria and then travel later (Feb/March/April, or even after the winter period, I can't be sure for now); after all, the whole of the winter term in my school is generally going to be run remotely even when I finally get to Canada. I know that your situation cannot be exactly the same as mine, still I will earnestly advice you keep your mind open to the option of starting remotely in January, just in case IRCC delays beyond your start date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
mankind5050:

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia

September
Adeenzo (APPLIED IN SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar

Thanks,
This is wonderful and very helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hey Guys I just got my approval and letter of introduction

I am a paper applicants

Please what’s next

How do we pay for the courier service I reside in Abuja to get my passport back to me
Thank in advance

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
I received this email to..

But the last second one says that we can’t collect the passport In person
But via courier so please how do we go about that

Please someone help
Kakokako:

I think it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Me too..hahahaha..
When me I'm planning to 29k at royal roads
memorial university is the cheapest in the whole of Canada and they have other courses too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flexerking(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ableka001:
I received this email to..

But the last second one says that we can’t collect the passport In person
But via courier so please how do we go about that

Please someone help

Congrats, you have received your approval. Thank God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ableka001:
Hey Guys I just got my approval and letter of introduction

I am a paper applicants

Please what’s next

How do we pay for the courier service I reside in Abuja to get my passport back to me
Thank in advance

Congrats again baba, na me remain o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hello I just got a mail that my passport is ready for collection.... how do I go about the courrier service

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nice one baba

mankind5050:

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia

September
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2020
JoshM23:
Hello I just got a mail that my passport is ready for collection.... how do I go about the courrier service

I think they're meant to provide you a link for the form to fill, inside which you will indicate the address that you want it to be sent to, as well as link for payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
OtunbaTee:

I did upfront medical last week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kakokako:

I think they're meant to provide you a link for the form to fill, inside which you will indicate the address that you want it to be sent to, as well as link for payment

Have not gotten any link like that yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kimkalash:
08150199900. Please call repeatedly and consistently
Thank you, in the prompt which number did you press? Is it number 8 to speak with a customer service representative? Or Number 2 for study visa enquiry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minamoy(f): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Ok then,

Visit the link below & do a Google search on the M.sc Programs & skools there
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Agriculture&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

And also Visit the link below for
Full guides on how to Secure a Supervisor/Supervisors & apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
No o. Na one oyinbo talk full ground o. After dah one, na like two prompts and call enter room. I call this afternoon but d call bin dey enter schengen and south Africa. Evil spirit full d water wey surround dah Lekki Walahi na one kind alternate universe as per time dey work in reverse.
NairaLuck:

Thank you, in the prompt which number did you press? Is it number 8 to speak with a customer service representative? Or Number 2 for study visa enquiry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
Choose Number 8...I spoke to a representative a couple of hours back

NairaLuck:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Teeeee89: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Baphil:
Good day all,
My friend got the mail below today. My questions are:
1. Can she request for an ielts exemption certificate from the school that admitted her? Can it suffice for an ielts certificate?

2. How can she go about this proof of financial support?

Thank you people

*Dear XXXXXX,*

*This is in reference to your application for a study permit. In reviewing your application, it was noted that you may be eligible for Nigeria Student Express. To get faster processing, you must supply the following documents:*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

*> Proof of Financial Support: Proof of Financial Support A mybankStatement certificate showing sufficient funds for your studies for at least 6 months and 12 months of banking history. This certificate can be obtained at https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/*

*This must be received at this office by: 2020/12/19*

*> Proof of IELTS test results: You must submit a proof of: your International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Submit a language test result that shows a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).*

*This must be received at this office by: 2020/12/19*

Please note:

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page.

We will resume the processing of your application upon receipt of the required documents or information.

Should we not receive the above document(s) or information within 30 days of the date of this letter we will assume that you wish to be processed through regular channels and your file will continue being processed accordingly.

Please note that biometric results are required for continued processing of your application. Therefore, if you have not submitted your biometrics, we strongly advise you to make an appointment at a visa application centre for biometrics collection.

For additional information, consult the CIC Web site at www.cic.gc.ca.

I got the same Nse email but mine doesn’t have for at least 6 months
> Proof of Financial Support: Proof of Financial Support A mybankStatement certificate
showing sufficient funds for your studies and 12 months of banking history. This certificate can be obtained at https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eagleeye2: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please house. I have this nagging question: I have a degree in education and also work with ministry of education. In addition I have a MBA. My concerns are should I apply for a Masters direct in education or should I apply for a PGD bearing in mind that I have a 2.2 in my degree.
I am confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Teeeee89: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Teeeee89,

Nairobi Webform

Beijing Webform Thank you

beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.