Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155906 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sisikemi23: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Good afternoon everyone
Please do I need to print out the study permit application form and fill it with a pen if I am applying online or I should edit it with my system
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DonRomeo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hello guys, I am not a regular poster on this platform, but I commend everyone especially gurus for their assistance. I gained Masters admission in designated institution in canada, but my study permit application was denied on September 30. I had however commenced the studies online while waiting for the decision and I have now paid tuition for the first term which will end in December, 2020. The reasons for my study permit denial was majorly proof of financial resources. I used my uncle as sponsor with over 80million SOA but the VIO seem not to be convinced with the SOA. I want to reapply for the Visa/SP. I have been paying my tuition using my Domiciliary Account with sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses. Can I reapply stating that I now wish to sponsor myself? Or should I maintain that my uncle is sponsoring me and that he transferred all the monies I needed into my domiciliary account? In this case can I just upload my domiciliary account statement only without my uncle's own or my naira account? Waiting for my uncle's account statement takes a lot of time and will delay the application. Please I need experienced gurus in the house to help me out on my chances of getting the SP this time. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
onyinyebibian:
Hi everyone,

Please I need advice, wanted to use my mum as my sponsor but her account balance is not good enough. Someone advised I try and manipulate it.

My question is, will it be better to manipulate
Or try using an uncle that doesn’t have same surname with me.
If there is another option please let me know
Thanks.

Pls define manipulate... If you mean build.. Please do not try it cos you will be caught and you will be banned for 5yrs from applying to Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
sisikemi23:
Good afternoon everyone
Please do I need to print out the study permit application form and fill it with a pen if I am applying online or I should edit it with my system

No... Fill it electronically, to sign you sign with your full name according to how it is on your international passport. The date should be the date you are filling the form. When you are done, you validate. You will see validate on the top either center or right of the form

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
DonRomeo:
Hello guys, I am not a regular poster on this platform, but I commend everyone especially gurus for their assistance. I gained Masters admission in designated institution in canada, but my study permit application was denied on September 30. I had however commenced the studies online while waiting for the decision and I have now paid tuition for the first term which will end in December, 2020. The reasons for my study permit denial was majorly proof of financial resources. I used my uncle as sponsor with over 80million SOA but the VIO seem not to be convinced with the SOA. I want to reapply for the Visa/SP. I have been paying my tuition using my Domiciliary Account with sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses. Can I reapply stating that I now wish to sponsor myself? Or should I maintain that my uncle is sponsoring me and that he transferred all the monies I needed into my domiciliary account? In this case can I just upload my domiciliary account statement only without my uncle's own or my naira account? Waiting for my uncle's account statement takes a lot of time and will delay the application. Please I need experienced gurus in the house to help me out on my chances of getting the SP this time. Thanks.

Hy Chief... I will suggest for your reapplication, let it be self-sponsored, you are already on the right track to prove that and also prove that you can take care of your fees and living expenses. For this, you show you have paid your tuition fee by your self, include the receipt and den upload your 6months bank statement. I said 6months to show the money has been there for a long time.

My 2kobo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
sisikemi23:
Good afternoon everyone
Good afternoon,

The forms will be filled on a Laptop or Computer, u are not to Print out anything

go thru the contents in link below
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

most especially this content in the link below
Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS & HOW TO FILL IMM FORMS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89360183

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hi nairalanders, I got a quick question to ask.
My tuition fee is $19700, will 5m be enough as my balance in my statement of account after paying the full tuition fee when applying for a study permit?

I’ll be glad if anyone can reply to this.

Thank you.

God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hassan19:
Hi nairalanders, I got a quick question to ask.
My tuition fee is $19700, will 5m be enough as my balance in my statement of account after paying the full tuition fee when applying for a study permit?

I’ll be glad if anyone can reply to this.

Thank you.

God bless

You will also need $10,000 living expenses to show on your statement. To solve this, you can get a co-sponsor related to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DonRomeo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Anon123:

Hy Chief... I will suggest for your reapplication, let it be self-sponsored, you are already on the right track to prove that and also prove that you can take care of your fees and living expenses. For this, you show you have paid your tuition fee by your self, include the receipt and den upload your 6months bank statement. I said 6months to show the money has been there for a long time.

My 2kobo

Thanks for your quick response. Do you advice I do medicals upfront with the application or I should just take it one after the other.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
DonRomeo:

Thanks for your quick response. Do you advice I do medicals upfront with the application or I should just take it one after the other.

Doing an upfront medicals doesnt mean yiu are guaranteed an approval or does it mean you will be denied. If you want to do it, do it. The only advantage of upfront medicals is it makes your application process fast meaning the only thing u will be waiting and praying for is a Passport request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyibo4real: 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Good day every one, Congratulations to all those with success stories, and God's Favour to all the hopefuls including me, las las we go see for Cana land wink

I recently gained admission for May 2021, Fanshawe 2021 hopefuls let's connect please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
Somebody should please assist

Good afternoon all,

Please I need someone that can help me compress my documents to 4MB. I'm stucked at 6.4mb (Client) and 8mb (Proof of financial support) respectively. PrimoPDF couldn't work well on my laptop and I have gotten to limit of ILovepdf.

Please who volunteer to assist me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
HOW MUCH IS BAG OF RICE IN CANADA, I’m thinking if I should buy here or when I reach there!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Anon123:

You will also need $10,000 living expenses to show on your statement. To solve this, you can get a co-sponsor related to you

Thank you for your quick response. I have the money, do I still need a sponsor? If I have 5m in my account after paying the full tuition fee, do I still need a co-sponsor? Or do I need more money in my account after paying my full tuition fee ($19700).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blavkmaann:
HOW MUCH IS BAG OF RICE IN CANADA, I’m thinking if I should buy here or when I reach there!

You want to fly with one bag of rice?? grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
Uriel12:

You want to fly with one bag of rice?? grin grin grin

They won’t check it in the cabin, so I’ll use it hand luggage, with maybe 30 tubers of yam, I just hope the plane will be big enough! I like cow meat sef, so I want to apply for Express entry for my cow so we can go together

I’m storming the city of Montreal real Big!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hassan19:

Thank you for your quick response. I have the money, do I still need a sponsor? If I have 5m in my account after paying the full tuition fee, do I still need a co-sponsor? Or do I need more money in my account after paying my full tuition fee ($19700).

If you have your 1yr tuition plus 1yr $10,000cad in your account, you dont need a co-sponsor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by saipn: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Tonyodg2:
GTbank / fidelity bank cheesy
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blavkmaann:

They won’t check it in the cabin, so I’ll use it hand luggage, with maybe 30 tubers of yam, I just hope the plane will be big enough! I like cow meat sef, so I want to apply for Express entry for my cow so we can go together

Don't forget to carry one Urhobo goat too. You need to eat goat meat pepper soup in Montreal.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blavkmaann:

Hahahaha.. Guy you don high

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Aykolysis,

It wasn't specified which is required. Either would suffice.

All the best
This ILETS you guys are taking about , hope is not that hard sha ...because to read now eh���
And it is a must all applicant must take this test?? abi I should just Tender a letterhead letter for my school with School stamp stating that all my programs Are being taught in English language.
Your view please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kandybite: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hello house,

My brother is 35yrs, he's a programmer with 9yrs experience and he did a diploma course at karrox in computer programming for 2years, no HND or bsc, just the diploma cert and waec.

Do you think he has a chance in getting admission in any of the colleges? If yes what's his chance of getting a visa?

Should he go for pgd or pgc? Or just a post secondary school course?

P.S : he's married and he will be sponsoring himself and doesn't want to write IELTS.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
MadeMan01:

Normally evidence of English proficiency would not be necessary from Nigeria to get admission in Canada, but from what I understand, the NSE is a pathway to expedite study permit application with clearly defined requirements. As plain as is written on that publication screen shot. I have no idea about exact IELTS spec but I wrote general last year December and my results out since January 2020. If I'm asked for it, I will provide that since they did not specify academic or general. It's a technical loophole.
Thank you very much ... please what’s your score and what is that hard? Coz I’m scared oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
I updated list below with my details.

February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical)
silvamania (did upfront medical)
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kandybite: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kandybite:
Hello house,

My brother is 35yrs, he's a programmer with 9yrs experience and he did a diploma course at karrox in computer programming for 2years, no HND or bsc, just the diploma cert and waec.

Do you think he has a chance in getting admission in any of the colleges? If yes what's his chance of getting a visa?

P.S : he's married and he will be sponsoring himself and doesn't want to write IELTS.

Thanks.

@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@NaijaForeigner
@Qudkom
@Anon123
@Lekkiboboe
@Chocs123

Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kandybite:
Hello house,

Thanks.

Yes, he has a huge chance in PGD in a program related to his experience. Nobody can tell you if he will get an approval

PGD and PGC are the same

He can apply and IELTS isnt required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blavkmaann:
Guuuyyyyyyy !!! grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2020

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
recxa:

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by euphorbia(f): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
MissMC:
Hello Euphorbia, I am having the same issue too. VFS said DHL picked up my passport on the 25th and I called DHL customer service after only for them to say they have not picked it up. So who is lying to us? I used my waybill number to check but no record of any parcel picked up from VFS. I am so confused at the same time livid. First thing in the morning i am going to get on a call with them.

We're you able to call? I haven't been able to contact them still
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
bidemialade43:

This ILETS you guys are taking about , hope is not that hard sha ...because to read now eh���
And it is a must all applicant must take this test?? abi I should just Tender a letterhead letter for my school with School stamp stating that all my programs Are being taught in English language.
Your view please.
The bolded is only applicable to the Regular Study Visa Application, but if it's the NSE route u wanna go through IELTS test is mandatory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kandybite: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Anon123:

Yes, he has a huge chance in PGD in a program related to his experience. Nobody can tell you if he will get an approval

PGD and PGC are the same

He can apply and IELTS isnt required.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.