Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1167500 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:24am On Nov 29, 2020
Kandybite:
Hello house,

My brother is 35yrs, he's a programmer with 9yrs experience and he did a diploma course at karrox in computer programming for 2years, no HND or bsc, just the diploma cert and waec.

Do you think he has a chance in getting admission in any of the colleges? If yes what's his chance of getting a visa?

Should he go for pgd or pgc? Or just a post secondary school course?

P.S : he's married and he will be sponsoring himself and doesn't want to write IELTS.

Thanks.

Hello Kandybite,

An Ordinary Diploma can't get him into PGD/C but some colleges, anything could be possible. Though some programs may require Diploma, so its better to check with the DLI of interest.

Maybe he should look at an Advance Diploma or a Baccalaureate program to up his certificate but his best bet would be a Bachelor. If possible, he can up his certificate in Nigeria then apply for a PGD/C.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2020
Dameelee:
updated list below with my details.

February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

May
Dameelee (May 18)

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE
Goodbetterbest (and 2 children) (upfront medical passed for everyone)

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical + previous biometric)
silvamania (did upfront medical)
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123

Thanks man.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2020
bidemialade43:

This ILETS you guys are taking about , hope is not that hard sha ...because to read now eh���
And it is a must all applicant must take this test?? abi I should just Tender a letterhead letter for my school with School stamp stating that all my programs Are being taught in English language.
Your view please.

Hello Bidemialade43,

The proficiency letter won't suffice. If NSE is your desire processing Stream, then either IELTS AT or GT would be sufficient.

For IELTS practice, you can self-study using YouTube to practice with LizIELTS for Writing, IELTSonline.com for Listening and Reading, E2Jay, IELTSadvantage. If you're focused, you would score 8 overall even though the required is 6 overall.

All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2020
Dameelee:
updated list below with my details.

February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

May
Dameelee (May 18)

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE
Goodbetterbest (and 2 children) (upfront medical passed for everyone)

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical)
silvamania (did upfront medical)
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123
Am October applicant as well.October 12th but not done medicals but already booked for upfront medicals for December 10th.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ogunniyi295(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2020
Tonyodg2:
1)what was the wrong choice ? 2) what are you changing too ! 3) do you have work experience in what you are changing too ?
I'm sorry for the late response 1) English Education 2) Business Administration/Accounting 3) No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Bidemialade43,

The proficiency letter won't suffice. If NSE is your desire processing Stream, then either IELTS AT or GT would be sufficient.

For IELTS practice, you can self-study using YouTube to practice with LizIELTS for Writing, IELTSonline.com for Listening and Reading, E2Jay, IELTSadvantage. If you're focused, you would score 8 overall even though the required is 6 overall.

All the best

By saying ieltsonline for listening, do you mean ieltsonlinetest?...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2020
Akiinwale:
Hello guys I’m relatively new here, i just applied to a school in Canada and waiting on the admission letter I’ll like to know what it is i can be doing right now as i await that and also the processes I’ll still have go go through throughout the application process of my study permit. I’ll really appreciate your inputs. The program i applied for starts in may. Thank you

Give us details of your academic background and also the name of school and program you applied for. Let's start from there.

Also, DO ENSURE TO READ PREVIOUS TREADS.... you just have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2020
Win121:
Pls How to know a thesis based masters program and a course based masters program?

Msc is thesis based. Meng is course based. It'll be stated in d program website anyways.

Msc requires a supervisor and is always funded.
Meng in most cases doesn't require a supervisor and is mostly never funded.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by euphorbia(f): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2020
MissMC:
Yes i was. I spoke to DHL and they said I will get it by Monday. How about you?
I just tracked my documents again on DHL site and discovered that the status has changed. It documents was received from VFS on Friday evening and is being in their office as at Saturday evening. I should get it by Monday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

Paying your tuition is good. As it assures the visa officer that the money is available, but it does not guarantee that you’ll get the visa. Therefore, you should find out from your school what the refund policy for tuition is, in the case of a visa refusal. Once you find that out and the policy guarantees full refund, you can pay the tuition and attach the receipt to your visa application.

All the best

Another thing id recommend as per this pof is GIC. After paying your tuition, it's best to send 10kcad to gic and then upload the GIC certificate together with your tuition receipt... I got this from previous TRV successes...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2020
Anon123:
Quick one.. Please I wish to ask, can a diploma graduate apply for a PGD program and admission is guaranteed?

No!!!...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by euphorbia(f): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2020
Samsn456:
Good day everyone, please I need help anyone who can answer this question please help a brother out�

So I got admitted to memorial university and I started online classes in September. I applied for study permit in June and till today I have not gotten a response, my page is telling me that they are still processing my application. I want to know whether anyone here have received the permit and what should I do?

My mother is a business woman but she can not read so she is thinking that I have done something with the fees she gave me to pay, I am very confused right now and I need help please �
Do you mean that you started class without AIP? Because you applied during AIP period... apply for gcm note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Bidemialade43,

All the best
Thank you very much....
Still at the admission processing though....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2020
ogunniyi295:

I'm sorry for the late response
1) English Education
2) Business Administration/Accounting
3) No
This one would be a bit tasking because either you have a career progression with your previous degree or have experience in what you are going for which is not related to your previous degree
In summary your statement of intent has to be very very convincing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mantleouchtele: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2020
MissMC:
Good Morning Everyone,

I am seeing quite a number of people going to the same school. Please is anyone here going to Royal Roads University?

Please let me know so we can connect.

Thanks guys.

Hi Miss C, I am going to Royal Roads University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by RxOtunba: 8:56am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello house,

I presently work in a community pharmacy and I intend goin for MS biotechnology which is an industry related program. Considering the fact that I might not come back to that same job or might come back but not stay so long before I get a better job in the pharmaceutical industry. Which is better for me;

-Study Leave with pay or without pay?

-In my LoE, can I state that I will immediately come back to my present job since I have a study leave, then be in search of industry jobs in like xcene research, nimr e.t.c
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2020
Akiinwale:
Hello guys I’m relatively new here, i just applied to a school in Canada and waiting on the admission letter I’ll like to know what it is i can be doing right now as i await that and also the processes I’ll still have go go through throughout the application process of my study permit. I’ll really appreciate your inputs. The program i applied for starts in may. Thank you
Hi,

In addition to the response given to u,

Take ur time & go thru the links below and Read all Contents there one by one explicitly

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

HOW TO SCAN DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/66#89906328

How to get Police Clearance Certificate & Affidavit of Sponsorship (if u are being sponsored) at a Notary Club or High Court
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933476

For Medicals u can either choose IOM (Lagos & Abuja) or Qlife (Lagos only)

How to book for Medicals at IOM, Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#93191277

Q-life , Lagos , Details (For Medicals)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/389#94601459

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ogunniyi295(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2020
Tonyodg2:
This one would be a bit tasking because either you have a career progression with your previous degree or have experience in what you are going for which is not related to your previous degree
In summary your statement of intent has to be very very convincing

If, I can get a convincing statement of intent, all should be good right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2020
ogunniyi295:

If, I can get a convincing statement of intent, all should be good right?
technically yes if you can cover all reasons to not be denied yes
Honestly this Canadian visa is all about grace and luck so just do your part in putting in a splendid application and give them reasons not to deny you
Best regards

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2020
Okay Great! Good Luck.
euphorbia:

I just tracked my documents again on DHL site and discovered that the status has changed. It documents was received from VFS on Friday evening and is being in their office as at Saturday evening. I should get it by Monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello Mantleouchtele,

Oh wow. Thank God. because it felt like i was the only one who applied to the school. lol.

Please can we connect via email? Do you mind if I send you a mail, can you give me your email, please?

mantleouchtele:

Hi Miss C, I am going to Royal Roads University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2020
StringerX:
Can I send you a mail please?
Sure thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2020
awys:

Am October applicant as well.October 12th but not done medicals but already booked for upfront medicals for December 10th.Thanks

We shall receive good news IJN. Also, what hospital are you using? I used Q-life family clinic at VI and it was really fast. I didn't even feel like I waited three hours because we kept moving.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2020
recxa:

We shall receive good news IJN. Also, what hospital are you using? I used Q-life family clinic at VI and it was really fast. I didn't even feel like I waited three hours because we kept moving.
Q-Life Clinic as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2020
Time2soar:

Canada visa is weird, I applied on November 6 with my wife as accompany spouse and my wife biometrics letter came the next work day November 9 but mine has not come since then

Really? Has she booked an appointment already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2020
awys:

Q-Life Clinic as well

Please go early (do not follow the appointment time) because it is first come first serve.
They even stated it in the computer inside the hospital.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Anon123,

I don't think this is possible. An Ordinary Diploma is lower than a Bachelor. Maybe an Advanced Diploma or a Baccalaureate degree. But maybe some programs in some Colleges may allow it. So, its best to check with the DLI.

Cheers!

Thanks Chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akiinwale: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Give us details of your academic background and also the name of school and program you applied for. Let's start from there.

Also, DO ENSURE TO READ PREVIOUS TREADS.... you just have to

I studied intelligence and security studies for my undergraduate but the course i applied for now is a pgd and its unrelated (business marketing).

I chose this course because I’ve been working as a business manager in a family business and I’ll to gain a degree on that but I’ve noticed from the threads I’ve read that this might be a problem as it is unrelated to my degree, how do i go about properly explaining this when i write my SOP.

The school i applied to is Seneca college based in Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akiinwale: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
Okay. Thank you for your response

Chocs:
Hello,

You can start writing your statement of purpose. There are tips on the thread on how to write it, check page 1.

You can also start gathering all your required documents, scanning them and saving them to your computer. Required documents can be seen on page 1 of this thread.

Wishing you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
I see.

Thanks

JustMellow:

I don't think Abuja does but Lagos sometimes. Before Beijing got involved, Nairobi took the responsibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
MOKENN:
PLS SEND ME THE TELEGRAM GROUP LINK TOO. I AM HEADING TO CONESTOGA

Please how do I get the link please, I would like to join..

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.