Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155573 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hassan19:
Hi nairalanders, I got a quick question to ask.
My tuition fee is $19700, will 5m be enough as my balance in my statement of account after paying the full tuition fee when applying for a study permit?

I’ll be glad if anyone can reply to this.

Thank you.

God bless

Yes it will be enough since you have already paid the full tuition and N5m is more than C$10,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
SKEPTA:

try pdf2go.com or pdf24.org
nice to see you online SKEPTA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ennyboy12(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Anon123:

A PGD pls... If you apply for a masters, you might be wasting application fee money.

Okay.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
I updated list below with my details.

February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED on SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE
Goodbetterbest (and 2 children) (upfront medical passed for everyone)

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical)
silvamania (did upfront medical)
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
How will this work? Who will pick it up from GIG? Or will they drop it directly at VAC?

It's safe to use services others have used before with success stories o. DHL or UPS

flexerking:
Hello house, have anyone used GIG logistics to send documents to vac and how long did it take ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
Yes i was. I spoke to DHL and they said I will get it by Monday. How about you?
euphorbia:

We're you able to call? I haven't been able to contact them still
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flexerking(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
Baphil:
Hello, send to baphilscomestics@gmail.com, let me help you reduce it. Let me know when you have sent it.

Sent

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I'm inundated with enquires lately. However be rest assured that I'll attend to your request shortly....

It will end in praise

Thank you. Looking forward to that

Just you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
How long after you paid for the courier did you get a notification that it has been given to DHL??

MissMC:
Yes i was. I spoke to DHL and they said I will get it by Monday. How about you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
SKEPTA:

try pdf2go.com or pdf24.org

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
I submitted my passport on the 2nd and it took 22 days before I got a notification from VFS that my passport was ready for pickup. It took DHL 3 days to acknowledge receipt from VFS.
jdoe28015:
How long after you paid for the courier did you get a notification that it has been given to DHL??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
Did you pay for a 2way courier?
MissMC:
I submitted my passport on the 2nd and it took 22 days before I got a notification from VFS that my passport was ready for pickup. It took DHL 3 days to acknowledge receipt from VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akiinwale: 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hello guys I’m relatively new here, i just applied to a school in Canada and waiting on the admission letter I’ll like to know what it is i can be doing right now as i await that and also the processes I’ll still have go go through throughout the application process of my study permit. I’ll really appreciate your inputs. The program i applied for starts in may. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Win121(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Pls How to know a thesis based masters program and a course based masters program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
olabisi6438:
hello house!. Greetings. Can i book for an upfront medical (oct 16 applicant) and i haven't heard anything yet. Not even biometrics

My own is November 6 and I have not received biometrics collection letter but yours is even earlier than mine. You can do upfront medical but it does not really change anything however, it will save time on your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
recxa:

This seems weird to me if you haven't gotten the biometrics request letter. I applied the same day(october 15 In Canada (7pm)/October 16 in Nigeria (3am)) and I received the biometrics request letter that day. And yes, you can book for an upfront medical after submission (I did the same thing). You'll be given an e-medical slip after to upload.

Canada visa is weird, I applied on November 6 with my wife as accompany spouse and my wife biometrics letter came the next work day November 9 but mine has not come since then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
updated list below with my details.

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

May
Dameelee (May 18)

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by StringerX(m): 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
Can I send you a mail please?
Dameelee:
updated list below with my details.

February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

May
Dameelee (May 18)

June
Ifelajulo

July
bisolaemilia
Eilenora

September

Oct applicants
Legacyedition:
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
mankind5050
kelvine95
OtunbaTee

Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 1:17am On Nov 29, 2020
Yes i did.
Dame24:
Did you pay for a 2way courier?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 2:04am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello All,

Please what does this tracking update mean: Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2020/11/24. I submitted last week Friday, it got to vfs Abuja just on Monday 23rd. Do they send the passports to Nairobi or is the visa affixed here in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:05am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello,

You can start writing your statement of purpose. There are tips on the thread on how to write it, check page 1.

You can also start gathering all your required documents, scanning them and saving them to your computer. Required documents can be seen on page 1 of this thread.

Wishing you all the best
Akiinwale:
Hello guys I’m relatively new here, i just applied to a school in Canada and waiting on the admission letter I’ll like to know what it is i can be doing right now as i await that and also the processes I’ll still have go go through throughout the application process of my study permit. I’ll really appreciate your inputs. The program i applied for starts in may. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello,

When you read the course details on the institution’s website, it will be stated there. Thesis based master’s have a thesis part of the program. So you would carry out research and produce a thesis.

Course based do not end with a thesis, you might round up with a short paper, a capstone project or something of that nature.

Best wishes

Win121:
Pls How to know a thesis based masters program and a course based masters program?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Hello,

Don’t do anything fraudulent. You will get banned from Canada for 5 years. The visa officers do their work very well and you will most likely get caught.

It’s better to find another sponsor.

Best wishes
onyinyebibian:
Hi everyone,

Please I need advice, wanted to use my mum as my sponsor but her account balance is not good enough. Someone advised I try and manipulate it.

My question is, will it be better to manipulate
Or try using an uncle that doesn’t have same surname with me.
If there is another option please let me know
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:08am On Nov 29, 2020
Jenireva1:
Hello house, Please is it possible to log my agent out of my account? He hasn’t been taking my calls or replying my messages and have been notified to check my application status. He alone has the login information. I have my application number and he used my email address to create the account. Anyway i create a new gckey username/password?

Hello Jenireva1,

Since you have your application number and a valid (personal) email, go to cic.gc.ca and create a new GcKey account then link your application to the account using your application number.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:18am On Nov 29, 2020
Anon123:
Quick one.. Please I wish to ask, can a diploma graduate apply for a PGD program and admission is guaranteed?

Hello Anon123,

I don't think this is possible. An Ordinary Diploma is lower than a Bachelor. Maybe an Advanced Diploma or a Baccalaureate degree. But maybe some programs in some Colleges may allow it. So, its best to check with the DLI.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:27am On Nov 29, 2020
Samsn456:
Good day everyone, please I need help anyone who can answer this question please help a brother out�

So I got admitted to memorial university and I started online classes in September. I applied for study permit in June and till today I have not gotten a response, my page is telling me that they are still processing my application. I want to know whether anyone here have received the permit and what should I do?

My mother is a business woman but she can not read so she is thinking that I have done something with the fees she gave me to pay, I am very confused right now and I need help please �

Hello Samsn456,

If your mum doesn't trust you then you might end up not been trusted with whatever explanation you give. You need to know that if the period to seek for a refund elapses and if you've been taking classes beyond the refund deadline, you may not get a refund or may get it at a greater loss in total amount. Though, policies defers from respective DLI. You may want to start enquiring at hand just in case, and so you have good explanation for your mum.

The best option for you now is to request for your GCMS Notes. The earlier you request for it the sooner you find your answer.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:48am On Nov 29, 2020
Honestly, no one can say authoritatively where the TRV is affixed (either Abuja, Lagos or Nairobi). But from recent timelines, your waiting period is a minimum of 2-4 weeks from the date on the tracking ID.

You may be lucky to get it in two weeks. In any case, once you get your counterfoil notice in your GC key account, then your joy has come.

All the best.

Eilenora:
Hello All,

Please what does this tracking update mean: Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2020/11/24. I submitted last week Friday, it got to vfs Abuja just on Monday 23rd. Do they send the passports to Nairobi or is the visa affixed here in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2020
DonRomeo:
Hello guys, I am not a regular poster on this platform, but I commend everyone especially gurus for their assistance. I gained Masters admission in designated institution in canada, but my study permit application was denied on September 30. I had however commenced the studies online while waiting for the decision and I have now paid tuition for the first term which will end in December, 2020. The reasons for my study permit denial was majorly proof of financial resources. I used my uncle as sponsor with over 80million SOA but the VIO seem not to be convinced with the SOA. I want to reapply for the Visa/SP. I have been paying my tuition using my Domiciliary Account with sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses. Can I reapply stating that I now wish to sponsor myself? Or should I maintain that my uncle is sponsoring me and that he transferred all the monies I needed into my domiciliary account? In this case can I just upload my domiciliary account statement only without my uncle's own or my naira account? Waiting for my uncle's account statement takes a lot of time and will delay the application. Please I need experienced gurus in the house to help me out on my chances of getting the SP this time. Thanks.

Hello DonRomeo,

Since you now meet the requirements of sufficient funds, there is no harm being a self-sponsored in your next application irrespective of who was your sponsor in the previous. One thing is to meet the financial requirement and another is to avoid lump sum deposit as possible as you can.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2020
Dampops:
Honestly, no one can say authoritatively where the TRV is affixed (either Abuja, Lagos or Nairobi). But from recent timelines, your waiting period is a minimum of 2-4 weeks from the date on the tracking ID.

You may be lucky to get it in two weeks. In any case, once you get your counterfoil notice in your GC key account, then your joy has come.

All the best.

I don't think Abuja does but Lagos sometimes. Before Beijing got involved, Nairobi took the responsibility.

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.