Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165263 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
Good evening all, please is there anyone here going to University of Saskatchewan for Winter 2021 term or who is already in Saskatoon? Please indicate

Me, going, hopefully!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2020
onyinyebibian:

Please what is GIC

Guaranteed Investment Certiticate, whereby you send your living expenses to a Canadian bank. Depending on the bank, some would give you 2kcad and then split the balance over 1 year plus interest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

So I hear students with a 1 way ticket are not eligible for PTA. Does anyone know why? How do you get your funds? Black market?

Please, what really is a PTA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning everyone, please how long does it take for medical request to come .. I applied since November 13th done biometrics but no medical request or any information from them yet

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2020
1st applied for SP in May, passed medicals in August but denied in Sept.
Due to reason for travel and finance. Worked on that and applied again Oct. 21st, Nov 23 passed medicals (same medical as before though)
Its been a week after that time and no further response. Is this likely a bad omen? Pls advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

So I hear students with a 1 way ticket are not eligible for PTA. Does anyone know why? How do you get your funds? Black market?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
1st applied for SP in May, passed medicals in August but denied in Sept.
Due to reason for travel and finance. Worked on that and applied again Oct. 21st, Nov 23 passed medicals (same medical as before though)
Its been a week after that time and no further response. Is this likely a bad omen? Pls advise.

Dude, just one week and you're complaining? Calm down, bro, chill! No need becoming fidgety at this moment. There's still, I guess, a long wait up ahead, especially if your application is moving towards any successful end.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by seyiki: 8:05am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello richG,

Kindly help confirm from your sister what type of application she filled. If it was visit or study permit for the kid. I want to do likewise. Thank you
richG:
Good evening.
Please what are the documents to send for a minor's PPR?
Does anyone have an idea?

My sister's child got a PPR and we are not too sure about what to attach since there was no biometrics.

How will the child's consent be filled and signed too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2020
Please people that booked Ethiopian airline did you book directly from the airline or used an agent. Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2020
I used wakanow
BCkeys:
Please people that booked Ethiopian airline did you book directly from the airline or used an agent. Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Doughyeenbae(f): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello, Good day. I just applied for this course but for Fall 2021. Please can i ask you a few questions?
awys:
Please who applied for the course Advanced Business Management with University of Winnipeg PACE please gather here let know each other ooo just submitted my Study permit application on October 12th but no response yet ooo.Am looking on God ooo to perform miracles ooo am starting May 2021 session
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2020
Oh okay. My email is ucheukah22@gmail.com

Looking forward to your email

mantleouchtele:
p

Please what’s your email address? I tried to PM you but it seems it was not successful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning guys,

Please anyone going to Victoria in British Columbia? Let's all know ourselves, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2020
Hi, I am going to Victoria, BC

MissMC:
Good morning guys,

Please anyone going to Victoria in British Columbia? Let's all know ourselves, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2020
Try travel wings. That was the agent I used
BCkeys:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DCNM(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2020
Hopefully, I'll be going January
Nyenyenwq:
Good evening all, please is there anyone here going to University of Saskatchewan for Winter 2021 term or who is already in Saskatoon? Please indicate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by richG: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2020
evergold:

My wife and I signed the consent forms. We added everything that we added to our own. The only other thing we added was the payment receipt generated by bank.
Thank you.

I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by robot001: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2020
BCkeys:

Book directly from the airline, it will be cheaper. But I don’t think their payment portal is working properly so you might have to go to book on hold and pay at their office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by richG: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2020
TRV, not SP

Wishing you the best
seyiki:
Hello richG,

Kindly help confirm from your sister what type of application she filled. If it was visit or study permit for the kid. I want to do likewise. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DCNM(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2020
PTA: Personal Travel Allowance. A student is not eligible for this.
Uzomachukwu:

Please, what really is a PTA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Thank you. Please can you share their office address and what you mean by on hold. Also, do you know if they have flight insurance.
robot001:

Book directly from the airline, it will be cheaper. But I don’t think their payment portal is working properly so you might have to go to book on hold and pay at their office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2020
BCkeys:

Book via mobile app
It’s wayyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper
What I did

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2020
Students are eligible unless this is a new policy (change). I bought PTA twice as a student 10 years ago and I used a one-way ticket. I am not sure about the policy on 1-way or 2-way ticket being an eligibility criteria either based on personal experience and confirmation with my account officer just now. All they need is a valid ticket, valid visa, valid passport for more than 6-months and equivalent (Naira) cash in your bank account. The processing speed will however be determined by the availability of $. So the advice I got was to send in my request as soon as possible because it would on first come, first served basis. So your travel plans may be the only thing that will prevent you from getting the $4,000 PTA @ CBN rate. I could be wrong but that is what I know and also validated by my account officer.

DCNM:
PTA: Personal Travel Allowance. A student is not eligible for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2020
Study Leave letter shows you have a job to comeback to, this serves as a home tie and a short term goal (you can add that with your new certification, you would be mostly likely promoted upon your return)
Study leave with or without pay is entirely up o you
RxOtunba:
Hello house,

I presently work in a community pharmacy and I intend goin for MS biotechnology which is an industry related program. Considering the fact that I might not come back to that same job or might come back but not stay so long before I get a better job in the pharmaceutical industry. Which is better for me;

-Study Leave with pay or without pay?

-In my LoE, can I state that I will immediately come back to my present job since I have a study leave, then be in search of industry jobs in like xcene research, nimr e.t.c

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2020
Thank you. So were you able to pay with ease because someone said their payment portal is not functioning?
Dora14:

Book via mobile app
It’s wayyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper
What I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2020
Please VFS mail box is full how do we send consent form mbok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2020
Canhopeful:

Thank you. However, the message I got when I clicked the link was that no attachment was found.

It has been deleted. If you send a PM, I would be able to send it to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2020
You can chat with their bot on their website. What they told me then was that they are sorting it out but what i did was I kept trying at different times of the day until the mail got sent. You will receive a generic email from them when it is sent.
Blavkmaann:
Please VFS mail box is full how do we send consent form mbok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2020
Obanidavid, I'm using your timeline to measure mine. Have you received your passport yet? If so, when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2020
I have not been able to chat with their bot for over a week now and phone lines always busy. They need more than one email or expand the capacity if they want to keep it so. Also, one phone line for Lagos VFS is absurd. Their customer service is zero!

BCkeys:
You can chat with their bot on their website. What they told me then was that they are sorting it out but what i did was I kept trying at different times of the day until the mail got sent. You will receive a generic email from them when it is sent.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning everyone, my fellow paper applicants I greet una specially��. The moment any of you gets final verdict and your passport please post make our faith increase�

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2020
These were my exact thoughts too but once you get your passport you will forget all of these. Keep trying to resend at different times, it will go through.
Akannitommy:
I have not been able to chat with their bot for over a week now and phone lines always busy. They need more than one email or expand the capacity if they want to keep it so. Also, one phone line for Lagos VFS is absurd. Their customer service is zero!

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)