Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155998 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
1st applied for SP in May, passed medicals in August but denied in Sept.
Due to reason for travel and finance. Worked on that and applied again Oct. 21st, Nov 23 passed medicals (same medical as before though)
Its been a week after that time and no further response. Is this likely a bad omen? Pls advise.

You need to pass eligibility review. Doing an upfront medicals doesn't guarantee visa approval

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2020
rebecausoro:

It has been deleted. If you send a PM, I would be able to send it to you.
Someone sent it to me. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2020
It might just be Lagos visa office. The other person submitted to Abuja

Kimkalash:
They themselves gave us 30 days to submit. It's been 27 days and not even a hint of passport processing. People with whom we submitted have already paid for passport return. Why are they shoving our passports away when they themselves asked for it? Why squash our plans Why are they so bent on frustrating us? They re so so so trying our patience. Are they the only immigration agency in this world? These people keep spewing their unprofessionalism with their erratic operations and stupid random treatment of applications. Total nonsense!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2020
That was fast o, we have the same timeline but I have only gotten 1 mail from them.
I'm hopeful..
Eilenora:
4th email just this morning. Submitted previous friday via dhl to Abuja, it arrived there last week Monday so today makes it a week since I submitted. I paid for 2 way courier with DHL; with recent trends, does it mean I will still have to pay for VFS's courier service?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2020
I said it earlier that it seems some of those that submitted passports to Lagos VFS (received by the legendary Mr Festus) between November 3-5th had delayed processing. I submitted my daughter’s passport on November 4 (received on 5th) and didn’t get a tracking ID until November 17th (20201117.....) and that was after repeated calls and mails.

Last notification I got was on November 20 that passport was in transit to Abuja IRCC (sounded strange at the time; since I sent to Lagos VFS).

No new update. Another strange thing is that the tracking ID still brings a “No Records Found” message when tracked online. When I complained last Friday, the CS guy said it’s Under processing at IRCC.

Patience is really a virtue o

Kimkalash:
Submitted since 3rd o. No fourth email. These people are fuckers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:
4th email just this morning. Submitted previous friday via dhl to Abuja, it arrived there last week Monday so today makes it a week since I submitted. I paid for 2 way courier with DHL; with recent trends, does it mean I will still have to pay for VFS's courier service?

The Abuja offices of VFS and IRCC seem to be saner. We can't say the same of the Lagos office. This was why I advised people to use the Abuja office. My advice still stands for anyone who gets their PPR. An extra amount for package transmission shouldn't be an issue if you want quick results. For those still waiting on the Lagos IRCC office to stamp their passports, my advice is that you should mail the High Commissioner directly or raise a webform to their central office (at Ottawa).

To answer your question, Eilenora, I don't think you'll pay again for return courier but kindly confirm from them. Their rules seem to be changing every minute these days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning everyone, please who else has experienced what I'm experiencing RN.

Since my passport was received by Me Festus last week I am yet to receive a tracking ID or acknowledgement.

What could be the reason or what can I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2020
fratermathy:

The Abuja offices of VFS and IRCC seem to be saner. We can't say the same of the Lagos office. This was why I advised people to use the Abuja office. My advice still stands for anyone who gets their PPR. An extra amount for package transmission shouldn't be an issue if you want quick results. For those still waiting on the Lagos IRCC office to stamp their passports, my advice is that you should mail the High Commissioner directly or raise a webform to their central office (at Ottawa).

To answer your question, Eilenora, I don't think you'll pay again for return courier but kindly confirm from them. Their rules seem to be changing every minute these days.

Contact details for the high commissioner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pweezy(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2020
Good day All,
Pls im a bit new to this page.
I will like to get guidance on how i can apply for a ny affordable school in canada. Either for Masters or PGD. Fir aeotember 2021
My areas of interest is business admin, human resources.

Thank you,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wifefo88: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2020
Ayobami2001:
What bank did you use ?

Hello bro....I used onion bank for the wire transfer to my college..and the bank told my sponsor they already sent the money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hamilah11(f): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good morning everyone, please who else has experienced what I'm experiencing RN.

Since my passport was received by Me Festus last week I am yet to receive a tracking ID or acknowledgement.

We have the same timeline. I was in your shoes last week but I sent them a mail last week friday in the morning, stating my name and requesting for my tracking ID. It was after that they replied me in the afternoon with my tracking ID with that same date. So I guess you should send them a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
I hope it's what I'm thinking, haven't been able to access my online account....

February 14, Paper applicant!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
rebecausoro:
Obanidavid, I'm using your timeline to measure mine. Have you received your passport yet? If so, when?

Hello Rebecca, I hope to get it back today. I was told it would be picked by the courier service at the close of work on Friday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
I am in Saskatoon.
Nyenyenwq:
Good evening all, please is there anyone here going to University of Saskatchewan for Winter 2021 term or who is already in Saskatoon? Please indicate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please when did you send all the docs to VFS for your passport to be dispatched ? That same Friday ?

Obanidavid:

Hello Rebecca, I hope to get it back today. I was told it would be picked by the courier service at the close of work on Friday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Colourisblack: 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
Dear Family

Please can someone assist me with my query.

I am a British born citizen and permanently reside in the UK, I will be getting married in January 2021 to my fiance who lives in Nigeria (he was born in Nigeria).

Our intentions are to apply for PR and move to Canada permanently. I have family that live there also.

My main concern or worry is the fact that we live in two different countries which will be apparent on application and wouldn't want this to hinder the outcome, just incase the marriage is considered to be sham?

Is there anything I should do differently or mention in the application?

Please advise, many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hamilah11:

We have the same timeline. I was in your shoes last week but I sent them a mail last week friday in the morning, stating my name and requesting for my tracking ID. It was after that they replied me in the afternoon with my tracking ID with that same date. So I guess you should send them a mail.
Please which of the email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ik123: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
NairaLuck:

I am experiencing the same issue. I have written them severally to at least send me tracking no. I submitted on 4th Nov yet no email from them till now. I have my LOI and counterfoil. Its just appalling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
You can mention how you met your husband, how you both maintained your long distance relationship (maybe you both spent holidays together) with proof, which may include travel documents, screenshot of WhatsApp chats, pictures.
Marriage certificate
Wedding pictures with other members of the family.
Colourisblack:
Dear Family

Please can someone assist me with my query.

I am a British born citizen and permanently reside in the UK, I will be getting married in January 2021 to my fiance who lives in Nigeria (he was born in Nigeria).

Our intentions are to apply for PR and move to Canada permanently. I have family that live there also.

My main concern or worry is the fact that we live in two different countries which will be apparent on application and wouldn't want this to hinder the outcome, just incase the marriage is considered to be sham?

Is there anything I should do differently or mention in the application?

Please advise, many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
BCkeys:
Please people that booked Ethiopian airline did you book directly from the airline or used an agent. Please help

I am a travel agent, send me an email so i can assist you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Your study leave letter might state “for the duration of his studies" rather than being specific, but 17 months is ok
RxOtunba:
Okay, thanks. Please my program is 16 months, should my study leave state exactly dat 16months or a bit longer, like 17months. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by euphorbia(f): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:

No you don't have to. I just got mine since October 30, received November 2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
You just got your passport?
euphorbia:

No you don't have to. I just got mine since October 30, received November 2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Obanidavid:

Wahala for Canada and patience. So you haven't even gotten back your passport yet despite paying on Monday last week? This is very serious. I don't even know what to say because I plan to travel this week. Let me start mailing them every morning and evening. I can't wait that long.

Please do let us know when you receive it and then you can confirm when it was actually sent. I doubt if it was picked up on Friday. Afterall, they said that mails are picked up only on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
jdoe28015:
Hey. Apart from the automated email, did you get any other email after you sent consent form for courier and transaction details??

Not yet. I haven't heard from them. I resent the mails again today and I plan on sending it like twice or thrice every day until they send me my tracking number. If they don't want me to have peace of mind, their mailbox won't be at rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
kelvine95:
So, guys, I gave IELTS Academic a shot last week Thursday( using the Computer Delivered method. Result came out this morning and somehow, God helped me to get 7.5, and I prepared for less than a week due to the NSE urgency. But then, I am still not settled yet about the funding part, do you people feel I should add my funding letter plus mybankstatement authentication slip showing about 4,700 cad as financial support? I don't want it to be used against me since they specifically said mybankstatement,but then, I don't want to wait till God knows when for Visa application outcome. I just need general advice from y'all. Please, I am very confused.

Hi Kelvin,

What material did you use.

Tried attending a tutorial here, they said class is full.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Just got my passport delivered to me through DHL.

Its been a nerve-racking experience with VFS to be honest.

Submitted my passport to VFS on the 3rd of November.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
When did you send your docs to VFS for the passport return after confirming they have your processed passport? Trying to find out how long it takes before they dispatch one’s passport

MissMC:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
You are lucky. I submitted same day and still waiting for almighty 4th email to confirm the embassy is processing or done. Sent emails no response. Chat box not working. Phone lines ever busy. Wahala na like bicycle, e no dey fit finish!

MissMC:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
MissMC:

Lagos office? When exactly did you get the counterfoil?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Mehhhhnnn..with what I am seeing here, its as if no VFS in 9ja is reliable ooo.
Maybe it's best to send our passport to Germany or Dubai sef.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
House please, which school is better between St. Lawrence College, Humber, Sault and George Brown? Please advise is needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.