Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155882 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
I sent my documents to VFS via DHL on the 30th of October. It got to VFS office in Lekki on the 3rd. My last message from VFS about my passport being ready for collection was on the 24th. VFS dispatch it to DHL on the 25th. DHL didn't receive my passport until the 27th. then my passport came today, the 30th.

Ayobami2001:
When did you send your docs to VFS for the passport return after confirming they have your processed passport? Trying to find out how long it takes before they dispatch one’s passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
HorlarJP:
A month since i did my biometrics and not even a single message from IRCC since then... hopefully i will get something this new week!

Same thing for me. It's a month today since I did my biometrics and I was even thinking of calling my agent to ask how far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
Oh wow. I am so sorry. These people are something else. But lets hope it comes this week.

Akannitommy:
You are lucky. I submitted same day and still waiting for almighty 4th email to confirm the embassy is processing or done. Sent emails no response. Chat box not working. Phone lines ever busy. Wahala na like bicycle, e no dey fit finish!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MissMC: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yes Lagos Office. I got my counterfoil and LOI on the 17th.

fratermathy:

Lagos office? When exactly did you get the counterfoil?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
MissMC:
Yes Lagos Office. I got my counterfoil and LOI on the 17th.

Basically, you got your passport back from VFS two weeks after you got the counterfoil. The inefficiency of VFS here is just too annoying. These things shouldn't take that long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
After calling virtually every second I finally got thru to the VFS contact center... Spoke with a Raymond( the guy sef don sabi me well) He said passports submitted to the embassy with tracking ID 20201112CAL.... are still at the Embassy and have not been processed.

Guess that explains why I’ve not received LOI or counterfoil on my IRCC portal because when I check the VFS tracker, it says passport has been processed and dispatched from embsssy to CVAC.

Raised webform last week, no reply till now.

Just say make I update una wey don dey try reach them too.

Honestly, I’m tired of stressing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
My own na even 1105 (got my id on the fifth). E just be like say na only me dey. IRCC be chopping off my self esteem grin
Ikechuqu:
After calling virtually every second I finally got thru to the VFS contact center... Spoke with a Raymond( the guy sef don sabi me well) He said passports submitted to the embassy with tracking ID 20201112CAL.... are still at the Embassy and have not been processed.

Guess that explains why I’ve not received LOI or counterfoil on my IRCC portal because when I check the VFS tracker, it says passport has been processed and dispatched from embsssy to CVAC.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
My tracking number starts with 20201105CAL........ but wasn't sent to the embassy until 16th. So what is their excuse!

Ikechuqu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
LGDON:

Hi

Please, I need advice from good people here. I have BSC Accounting 2.2 in Nigeria university and MSC Business Administration in European university.

I want to apply for a program to immigrate to Canada. I'm kind of confused on which program to chose because I don't want another business incline course. I wanted something related to information technology.

Also, I want to know the type of program that would earn me study visa easily.

If you know any program or school, please recommend.
Hi,

It looks kinda impossible going for a Program u don't av a Background (I.T) in , cos it would likely be difficult for you to convince a Visa Officer with Cogent reasons why u wanna go for an I.T program

- You have an M.SC already, and it is very likely u wanna go for a PG. Cert in I.T, and a PG.Cert qualification is lower than ur already gotten Qualification (M.SC), a visa officer might likely find that suspicious, so that's a red flag alrdy

- Academics wise,
you av shown progression in Financial related programs both in Undergraduate and M.SC, u suddenly wanting to switch to I.T may look very suspicious to a Visa Officer, a visa officer can easily assume that ur Purpose of Visit to Canada is not studying, that u jz wanna elope to Canada via the Study Route

In a Nutshell, since u av an M.SC in Business Admin, a PH.D in a related program is ur best shot.

You can await response from Gurus in house on ur enquiry and also from members who has ur kind of profile, and intentions and were successful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
kelvine95:
So, guys, I gave IELTS Academic a shot last week Thursday( using the Computer Delivered method. Result came out this morning and somehow, God helped me to get 7.5, and I prepared for less than a week due to the NSE urgency. But then, I am still not settled yet about the funding part, do you people feel I should add my funding letter plus mybankstatement authentication slip showing about 4,700 cad as financial support? I don't want it to be used against me since they specifically said mybankstatement,but then, I don't want to wait till God knows when for Visa application outcome. I just need general advice from y'all. Please, I am very confused.

Congratulations on your ielts score, send your funding letter and your my bank statement slip, it will be accepted, someone here sent her mybankstatement with her sponsor normal bank statement and it was accepted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by afrischolars1: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
You'll be heard ♡

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Legacyedition:

Hi Kelvin,

What material did you use.

Tried attending a tutorial here, they said class is full.

ieltliz, she has a website. And I also took the free IELTS practice test on their website. That's all I used. But then, the most important prep method to the best of my knowledge is practicing. Practice as many listening and reading as you can. then master the different writing questions and go through model answers. Speaking to me is just normal conversation, just be free and speak correctly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
This is contrary to the information I got when I called on Friday. My tracking ID 20201112xxxxx was given to the lady that picked and she confirmed my passport has been received and ready for collection. She even sent me an email on the procedure for payment and the form to fill. UPS will be delivering this week

Ikechuqu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by afrischolars1: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
��

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
So is the NSE effective now? I mean the Nigeria Student Express?...
Time2soar:

Congratulations on your ielts score, send your funding letter and your my bank statement slip, it will be accepted, someone here sent her mybankstatement with her sponsor normal bank statement and it was accepted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayobami2001:
This is contrary to the information I got when I called on Friday. My tracking ID 20201112xxxxx was given to the lady that picked and she confirmed my passport has been received and ready for collection. She even sent me an email on the procedure for payment and the form to fill. UPS will be delivering this week

I’m just tired of all the back and forth with these guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
afrischolars1:
You'll be heard ♡

Tell them about the VFS in Lagos too and their wahala.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayobami2001:

Have they acknowledged your payment for return courier now? Any news from them today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayobami2001:

Did you get counterfoil or status change
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Haven’t checked my mail for acknowledgment ...since she said delivery will be this week, I have just decided to chill.

rebecausoro:

Have they acknowledged your payment for return courier now? Any news from them today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
It's just so sad that this Canada journey is so difficult. After escaping the snail speed of IRCC and barely managing to get an approval, VFS Lagos will add their own "pick two" to the struggle by making you appear useless. To send your passport to the embassy is a major problem. Now you have managed to get the counterfoil, to get your passport back is another wahala. Close to one month just to stamp passport and over one week just to return what has been stamped even when return courier fee has been paid for on time.

This phase of my life has been the toughest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yeah...my status changed many weeks ago even before I sent my passport to VFS. And yes, I have received LOI. I dunno what that counterfoil means, been asking but no one has really explained what it means. My understanding of counterfoil is the visa affixed on the passport ... right ?

Ikechuqu:

Did you get counterfoil or status change
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hi, please what date did you receive the 4th email from vfs concerning passport received at ircc and under processing?
MissMC:
Just got my passport delivered to me through DHL.

Its been a nerve-racking experience with VFS to be honest.

Submitted my passport to VFS on the 3rd of November.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
We need latest transcripts ooo,
What was done different after previous refusals?
Make una no forget us for here oo after getting PPR’s..
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
George brown best, then Humber college. Others follow

Olayinkaji:
House please, which school is better between St. Lawrence College, Humber, Sault and George Brown? Please advise is needed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
JosephYemsol:

So is the NSE effective now? I mean the Nigeria Student Express?...

Yes, if you get NSE letter from IRCC it means your application is still on track and you should try and submit the requirements for it because it will increase your chances of approval. Try not to ignore it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayobami2001:
Haven’t checked my mail for acknowledgment ...since she said delivery will be this week, I have just decided to chill.

And you trust VFS cheesy? If I were you, I'd call and send as many reminders as possible. Don't allow them play Super Mario with your passport o. Christmas is coming soon and I heard that VFS delays increase by 100% during the festive period. If you don't get your passport back between now and next week, the chances that they'll keep it till next year increases drastically.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
JustMellow:

Sure! Ieltsonlinetest.com

Wow. Thanks so much. I have always underestimated that site... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by robot001: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
rebecausoro:
It's just so sad that this Canada journey is so difficult. After escaping the snail speed of IRCC and barely managing to get an approval, VFS Lagos will add their own "pick two" to the struggle by making you appear useless. To send your passport to the embassy is a major problem. Now you have managed to get the counterfoil, to get your passport back is another wahala. Close to one month just to stamp passport and over one week just to return what has been stamped even when return courier fee has been paid for on time.

This phase of my life has been the toughest.

On Thursday last week I was told it will arrive Vfs on Friday, and was sent the courier form to make payment. Today they are telling me it’s still in transit I should call back on Thursday to check.

My house is 5min drive from Vfs, I paid 11k yet. I had to call and call before I got tracking number self. & all had to call before it was finally processed and sent to Visa office.

Now I still have to be calling to know when it’s ready for pickup. I have a scheduled flight for Monday � sad guy I no fit vex o.

That 11k no fit go o. I will change the address to port harcourt. Nah they should send it there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
I get but to be honest, being all stressed up won’t help too. When I even began the whole study permit application, I just focused on other daily tasks for the entire 3 months and it all worked out by God’s Grace. Waiting one extra week won’t hurt after all these months...same strategy, I will focus on other things. I get your anxiety tho since you bought your ticket, you can keep trying to reach them. God will perfect everything.
rebecausoro:

And you trust VFS cheesy? If I were you, I'd call and send as many reminders as possible. Don't allow them play Super Mario with your passport o. Christmas is coming soon and I heard that VFS delays increase by 100% during the festive period. If you don't get your passport back between now and next week, the chances that they'll keep it till next year increases drastically.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AyoitsMub(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good Morning. LOI has dropped after sending e-mail and raising the web form yesterday. Thank you for all your support.

Congratulations on your success bro!
Please I have a question regarding your timeline. I observed that you previously wanted to use your uncle as your sponsor but later on changed it to your father. I'll just like to understand the reason behind that because i'm currently in that phase and I'll like to represent my profile as best as possible. Gracias!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
robot001:

On Thursday last week I was told it will arrive Vfs on Friday, and was sent the courier form to make payment. Today they are telling me it’s still in transit I should call back on Thursday to check.

My house is 5min drive from Vfs, I paid 11k yet. I had to call and call before I got tracking number self. & all had to call before it was finally processed and sent to Visa office.

Now I still have to be calling to know when it’s ready for pickup. I have a scheduled flight for Monday � sad guy I no fit vex o.

That 11k no fit go o. I will change the address to port harcourt. Nah they should send it there.

In transit from VI to Lekki Phase 1 for over one week? What's wrong with VFS sef? We paid for this thing and even overpaid sef. It's so sad that the Nigerian factor has rubbed off VFS Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.