Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May (87356 Views)

How Uzodinma Jumped From 4th To 1st Place Via Supreme Court (Throwback) / Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by yom2(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Whoever adviced him to lift the lockdown advise him well .
but they have not lifted it .

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Jack500: 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
Apologize:
Lifting lockdowns.when covid is just fresh out the box in Nigeria. Well if you die you die. Nothing special

U people are just talking about covid wat of hunger? No able bodied man will stay at home and be hungry because of one coro. Hunger can kill too.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by pryingeyes(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
My coy should please transfer me to Kano so that I can enjoy Kano's lockdown too after lifting Lagos own by Monday .�
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by IamgratefulLord(f): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=NotNairalandi post=88924955]This is not the right time to relax this lockdown.we need to keep watching how it goes until May Ending. Why rushing things.

please nobody should quote me because my data is remaining 2mb.[/quote
Lol cheesy 2MB.
I still want the lockdown till the end of May 2020 ,so that they can test all Nigerians. The test should be compulsory for all citizens. smiley
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Jeromejnr(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Goke7:

even Businesses that are resuming, what are they resuming into, the Global business is still on lockdown, no flights, no social gatherings like weddings parties and co so what are traders resuming into, with the interstate travel ban, transporters will still sit at home, for the uber guys and danfo guys, how many businesses will even open and where are the events that people will flock into.

Nigerians no wise, your president just tactically removed himself from more blames, Nigerians will still cry and complain more but no one can blame FG again for lockdown

Actually the relaxed lockdown is for select businesses not business as usual.

This is what people are missing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Bluntemperor: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
nameo:
I feel his decision this night was generally in the right direction:

The gradual easing of the lockdown but after 1 week extension in the 3 states of Lagos, Ogun and FCT(this extension is necessary);

The total lockdown of Kano and takeover by Federal authorities (which is extremely important at this time cos of the explosive nature of things going on in Kano and its potential to infecting other neighbouring states);

The ban of interstate travels;

The curfew at night.

Where he failed were exactly those areas that should be the direct responsibility of his Govt:

No talk of palliatives;

No talk on a strong economic plan/stimulus for the economy that is bleeding;

No strong push at massive and conprehensive testing across the nation.

May God help us and have mercy on us- mercy for allowing the kinda Govts that is ruling us at every level

This is the results of Northern Govnrs who said three weeks ago that they can't close their borders.This Governors Statement translate beyond their States.
Kano in particular is yet to let the Nation know what is killing fellow Nigerians in geometrical manners.
Governor Sanwo-Olu of Lagos should move fast to tackle flash-areas-like Badagry-Seme Borders to arrest those sneaking into Lagos overnights.Same goes to inter-State Transportation-garages,like vehicles bringing foodstuffs from long distance to Lagos.By so doing,Lagos will overcome this Pandemic.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Jack500: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
kclub83:
With this ease of lockdown on Monday,I can smell 3000 covid 19 within 1week. Quote me wrong....Highest in lagos

U guys should keep quiet, Oyo has not been on lockdown since day 1, and the cases has not skyrocketed because of that

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by yom2(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
nameo:
I feel his decision this night was generally in the right direction:

The gradual easing of the lockdown but after 1 week extension in the 3 states of Lagos, Ogun and FCT(this extension is necessary);

The total lockdown of Kano and takeover by Federal authorities (which is extremely important at this time cos of the explosive nature of things going on in Kano and its potential to infecting other neighbouring states);

The ban of interstate travels;

The curfew at night.

Where he failed were exactly those areas that should be the direct responsibility of his Govt:

No talk of palliatives;

No talk on a strong economic plan/stimulus for the economy that is bleeding;

No strong push at massive and conprehensive testing across the nation.

May God help us and have mercy on us- mercy for allowing the kinda Govts that is ruling us at every level
that's to tell u that these people only care about themselves not the masses
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Antoeni(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
PMB Didn’t Even Consider Sex Workers in hHs Speech..
How Does he Expect Them to Survive with this 8pm - 6am Curfew?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
covid19 right now

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Jeromejnr(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
ufondunenye:
How come the president didnt make any mention of churches?
I was eagerly waiting For him to say something partaiing to opening of churches, but he didnt.
Hmm!! Let's wait till 4th May nah.

I'm saying this because I know of some mosque in my areas that are still operating up till now oo. angry angry

Its for select businesses. Not all businesses will be allowed to operate. And he also mentioned no social events.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by seunoo7: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please am confused oh
I read in PMB speach that is may 2nd and people are here saying may4th
Which one abeg ??
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by belcom10(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thank God. Oops not effect from 4th May but 2nd of may rather.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Experience285(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Dollabiz:
Buhari is a failure
u that is a success which position are u holding in d country. Person like u na 20k be ur salary

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by MansoryMX(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Goke7:

even Businesses that are resuming, what are they resuming into, the Global business is still on lockdown, no flights, no social gatherings like weddings parties and co so what are traders resuming into, with the interstate travel ban, transporters will still sit at home, for the uber guys and danfo guys, how many businesses will even open and where are the events that people will flock into.

Nigerians no wise, your president just tactically removed himself from more blames, Nigerians will still cry and complain more but no one can blame FG again for lockdown

If and I repeat IF! No vaccine is found for this virus, Nigerians will still cry to Buhari to help them when they finally enter express. I just pray what my mind is telling me will not happen when eventually we people start going back to their daily life and the virus is still much at large.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Farki: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
How exactly will they be able to enforce a night curfew in Lagos where traffic can keep someone on the road until 9p.m?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Meme26880(f): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
This decision I believe ,was made out of the economic situation of the country.its inability to provide for it's citizens and a continuous depreciation in the nation's economy because the country knows fully well that without Lagos in full operation,the monetary loss will be at an irrecoverable state.it doesn't care how much more the virus will keep up, because
this policies said to be made effective by Monday won't really work in overcrowded places like Lagos esp to the hustling sites of agberos,no matter what all this do not benefit us the citizens but is of greater benefits to the government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by geezynoni: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
RaptObserver:
Why wait till Monday? Why not tomorrow? He wanted to extend it by a week so that it will not appear like the governors are deciding for him. But does it matter? He didn't address the fact that security agents on the highways are collecting bribes and aiding people who re violating the transborder lockdown. If he doesn't call them out nothing will change.
Even If he calls them out,nothing will change.This Is Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by ufondunenye(f): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Its for select businesses. Not all businesses will be allowed to operate. And he also mentioned no social events.
OK oo
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Iamgrey5(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Actually the relaxed lockdown is for select businesses not business as usual.

This is what people are missing.
Actually each states can decide how to ease their own lock down.

Same thing as Trump said in America

There is no guildline yet.

We have to wait to see the guidelines from every state starting from tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Osonddu: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
Governor Ikpeazu has imposed a week long curfew in Abia State during this time of unrest in the country.

The Curfew starts 6pm and ends 6am

I'm suspecting that Gov. Ikpeazu works with President Buhari

God bless President Buhari,
God bless Governor Ikpeazu,
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by bende7t: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
PHAYOL81:
The topic need to be altered. The easing of the lockdown only come into play on Monday 4th. Don't spread misinformation.

Thanks PHAYOL81. To add to it. FG just dump another one week of lockdown without CCT and palliatives for the one full month of lockdown!
FG una try!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by MyMouth(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
All these people saying the lockdown should not have been lifted should pls remain in their houses. Buhari never said he was going to force people to come out of their houses na

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
How about schools, are schools also going to be opened as well?
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by c4tnoelz: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
Yungmil:
why lift the ban now

me wey dey enjoy better rest and sleep daily

I dey vest o
U stil de kolet poket moni frm Baale & Maale ba?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by BreconHills(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
RaptObserver:
Why wait till Monday? Why not tomorrow? He wanted to extend it by a week so that it will not appear like the governors are deciding for him. But does it matter? He didn't address the fact that security agents on the highways are collecting bribes and aiding people who re violating the transborder lockdown. If he doesn't call them out nothing will change.

The half empty cup syndrome.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Iamgrey5(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
MansoryMX:

If and I repeat IF! No vaccine is found for this virus, Nigerians will still cry to Buhari to help them when they finally enter express. I just pray what my mind is telling me will not happen when eventually we people start going back to their daily life and the virus is still much at large.
Bro, stop crying all over the thread.

What do you suggest Buhari should have done?

lock the country until the economy collapse or till when vaccine is found which is likely at the end of the year?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Modikko(m): 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
His address actually carried 2nd May and not 4th May.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by SweetCunt97(f): 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
When shit hits the fan, this same people will still complain and cry out.

Person wey catch Corona go use him money treat am.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
Experience285:
u that is a success which position are u holding in d country. Person like u na 20k be ur salary
WhatsApp admin cheesy
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by funmike83(f): 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
Kylekent59:

You should be praying more not to get a sack letter grin grin

continue dey tell us say you dey work for office grin grin
m.

Sack letter ke, I am the CEO of my company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Aisha Buhari At The APC Presidential Primaries / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result / Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.