Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? (40871 Views)

Lagos: No Social Distancing This Morning, Gtbank, Ikorodu BRT Terminal Pictured / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Coronavirus: Kunle Ara Pharmacy In Ibadan Enforces Social Distancing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Softpedal: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
We are only buying more time here
Waiting for the big countries and WHO to come up with a possible vaccine to this pandemic.

This is the simple strategy the present day Government is applying at all levels.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by essentialson: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2020
kponkedenge:
I saw some people celebrating the lock down which will end next week.... I really don't know if most of you guys think at all.

Yes, we all want the lock down to end, but not at the expense of an outbreak waiting to happen.

Before the lock down, we had around 27 cases or so.... So how come we went from 27 to over 1300 during 4 weeks of the lock down.... Do you people even ask yourselves that question?

For people that don't have cars, how will they go to work now because Danfo drivers will never think of safety first, their number one priority is making money... So they'll keep packing you all together....not minding your safety.

We want to copy Ghana by relaxing restrictions, but we are forgetting that Ghana has conducted over 100k tests while we've only managed 10k.

This virus will eventually spread and the second outbreak will be worse than the first we currently have now.

There are a lot of asymptomatic carriers that don't even know they have the virus, so not testing enough people and rushing to open up the economy spells doom.

UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab said that they don't want to rush and open the economy too quickly to avoid a second wave that might be worse than the first and eventually make them lock down the economy for the second time and make people have lack of trust in the handling of the epidemic.

Nigeria saw Ghana opening and want to do follow follow.

This is a very very stupid decision in my part... And it is an accident waiting to happen.
.. all these your fear, Madagascar wey dey your back yard don conquer it. You dey Nigeria dey copy UK. Madagascar wey be good example for our answers to this virus, you no talk anything. I don't know why we are all like this in this country! I have seen a lot of people bashing the easing of the Lockdown and someone just praised El rufai for his 30 days extension and I keep wondering how people really think.

Lockdown is not sustainable here in this part of the globe! All we need is really a solution like the case of Madagascar! I believe we have all it takes to solve this virus issue using our nature given herbs. We have them a lot.

You people will simply be advocating for our government to give people that knows about the herbs thingy a chance to profer solution and when they fail, we know they have been given chance to do so and if they succeed, we will all rejoice.

We can't always depend on the white people for everything! Who knows God/Allah/Oluwa wants to elevate Africa using what HE has given us as herbs to give solution to the world but it's a pity our copy copy mentality will never allow such to work.

For people bashing the president on easing the Lockdown, I believe it will be better to Chanel that strength to telling the people in power to allow our local herbs treat some patients let's see how it goes or better still, get that particular leave Madagascar used as I believe we also have it here!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by humilitypays(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2020
The biggest mistake Buhari's government made was sharing money and relief materials to people in remote areas like Katsina an co where they went to squander billions caring for people that didn't need the care then.

What happened in those areas that they were sharing money and reliefs to them almost immediately the lockdown was announced

Was their means of livelihood cut off or what Was their businesses, trades, etc shutdown like those in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja

They should have concentrated on relieving the poor people and day-pay earners and artisans in Lagos, Abuja and some major towns in Ogun like Abeokuta, Agbara, etc whose means of livelihood were shutdown and then lockdown for 60 days stretch, and maybe after 60 days the reexamine their success rate and know whether to continue for another 14 days, etc.

Buhari should not listen to Nigerians oh, the lockdown should be extended till end of May to avoid a sorry situation. Maybe along the line, a vaccine or a reliable cure maybe developed.

Relaxing the lockdown from 4th is dangerous for Nigeria. People shouting hunger this hunger that, sickness and death will kill that hunger and you will see people running back to their homes on their own and by then, their homes will not even be a safe haven because either their relative, their neighbor, or partner have already contracted the virus.

I don't know who advises Buhari and his government sha, its about to get scary in Nigeria, watch and see

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by AmeLonRo(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2020
I wonder oooo. He make me wonder..... How did it work in other countries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa9frqkiizc
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Lee99: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2020
Well as for me I have my personal car so I cannot be bothered by this �
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Tomilola360: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2020
cry babies everywhere.

lockdown - you cry
lifting the lockdown - you still cry
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Babapyro: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2020
shankara7:
All of you advocating for an extension are senseless salary earners.
Okay let's see how long you will survive now that them lockdown as been relaxed,it's like you people don't think at all,by the time they start packing corpse from every street corner you will beg the government to lock us down.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Bahdsypha(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Coronavirus is a tactical ploy by the extreme liberals to forge their last frontier or war against the Man, Donald Trump, destined to pull down every structure and hold of liberalism.

Like a scare, it will pass. What we see are collateral damages of a fight between Good and Evil.

Stay Strong!

You're sooi dumb!
Tueh

You must have finished drinking containers of disinfectants by now
Make sure you also use uv rays inside your body
Ode! 4

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Lisaint(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
Hmmm

I'm looking at this lifting from this angle

The government knows the cases will spike up
But because the citizens are clamoring for lifting

They give then what they want

I think after few days next week
Lagos state will announce full lockdown again

And the excuse will be that
We free you guys but th cases is spiking up
Hence full lockdown

The coming full lockdown might even be more Than two weeks

This lifting is just a Trojan Horse to me
Let's watch what will happen

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Russianlord101(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
It will actually work o. If the danfo do carry 4 Or 5 in a row they reduce it to 3 I experienced it earlier before the Total lockdown
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Babapyro: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2020
essentialson:
.. all these your fear, Madagascar wey dey your back yard don conquer it. You dey Nigeria dey copy UK. Madagascar wey be good example for our answers to this virus, you no talk anything. I don't know why we are all like this in this country! I have seen a lot of people bashing the easing of the Lockdown and someone just praised El rufai for his 30 days extension and I keep wondering how people really think.

Lockdown is not sustainable here in this part of the globe! All we need is really a solution like the case of Madagascar! I believe we have all it takes to solve this virus issue using our nature given herbs. We have them a lot.

You people will simply be advocating for our government to give people that knows about the herbs thingy a chance to profer solution and when they fail, we know they have been given chance to do so and if they succeed, we will all rejoice.

We can't always depend on the white people for everything! Who knows God/Allah/Oluwa wants to elevate Africa using what HE has given us as herbs to give solution to the world but it's a pity our copy copy mentality will never allow such to work.

For people bashing the president on easing the Lockdown, I believe it will be better to Chanel that strength to telling the people in power to allow our local herbs treat some patients let's see how it goes or better still, get that particular leave Madagascar used as I believe we also have it here!
All you've said is pure bullshit, Madagascar didn't get any cure,let alone from fuvking plants.
What they have is an idea they can't back up with logic or science.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by ashiola(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
@NOETHNICITY hey fool i didnt talk 2u mimbo i wish i can reply u which i dont know how but u manage 2 reply me wit early mornin yab is like buhari is yo dummy dad abi mallam tongue

But believe me, that guy @NOETHNICITY talks logically and sensible than you do.. No argue please!!!! Am sure you will prove me right.���
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by jefff455: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2020
ProfDview1:

Oga shift go one place joor.. Shebi u r a mod, your work is online, lockdown or no lockdown... U dey collect money from seun..

How many of your people here have u Don giveaway for? Even seun and u are here spewing trasssshhhh dt the lock down shud be extended...

Better go one side b4 I reason to beat u now.

Don't. Get me angry, I repeat mynd4.4 don't get me angry

I don't even understand how Nigerians reason.. Govt said lock down but no test no palliatives and u expect people to obey lock down... This is wickedness
you wan chop ban abi

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by MasterKernel: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:
This country is full of idiots. I've been seeing the clamour for the government to call off the lockdown, without putting into consideration how people are going to move around from one place to another.

Some fools even went as far as protesting, burning tyres on the road. The lockdown has been the only reason why we haven't had exponential cases of COVID-19 so far. That's all going to change starting next week.

El-rufai is the only sensible governor that has put in place proper measures to curtail the spread by extending the lockdown by 30days, and on the long run, everyone will see how it will pay off.

What's the difference between exponential death toll caused by pandemic and hunger?

Secondly, what's the state palliatives measures aimed towards alleviating the people's plight?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Babapyro: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
Russianlord101:
It will actually work o. If the danfo do carry 4 Or 5 in a row they reduce it to 3 I experienced it earlier before the Total lockdown
You forgot the part that include you paying 3times what you use to pay before.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by ahabue111(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
kponkedenge:
I saw some people celebrating the lock down which will end next week.... I really don't know if most of you guys think at all.

Yes, we all want the lock down to end, but not at the expense of an outbreak waiting to happen.

Before the lock down, we had around 27 cases or so.... So how come we went from 27 to over 1300 during 4 weeks of the lock down.... Do you people even ask yourselves that question?

For people that don't have cars, how will they go to work now because Danfo drivers will never think of safety first, their number one priority is making money... So they'll keep packing you all together....not minding your safety.

We want to copy Ghana by relaxing restrictions, but we are forgetting that Ghana has conducted over 100k tests while we've only managed 10k.

This virus will eventually spread and the second outbreak will be worse than the first we currently have now.

There are a lot of asymptomatic carriers that don't even know they have the virus, so not testing enough people and rushing to open up the economy spells doom.

UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab said that they don't want to rush and open the economy too quickly to avoid a second wave that might be worse than the first and eventually make them lock down the economy for the second time and make people have lack of trust in the handling of the epidemic.

Nigeria saw Ghana opening and want to do follow follow.

This is a very very stupid decision in my part... And it is an accident waiting to happen.

Even before the lockdown do you think the reported 27 cases were correct. We had far more than 1000 cases if testing was done then. More testing is just the reason why it has increased.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Bahdsypha(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
IMO01:

This herd immunity na last option last last but it's a pity that Nigeria don't have any strategic plan for it meaning many would be affected

If you keep them at home they would still die of hunger.

I fear for Nigeria. But Senegal has treated all cases with chloroquine. Let's learn from Senegal

Hydroxychloroquine does not cure covid-19 please
It has failed clinical trials
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by oluwayemi23: 9:46am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked

You can’t blame Nigerians, I believe Nigerians do not vote, we were given options btw two evils and most people chose who they felt was the lesser evil...
I’m sure people will say there are more candidates but I am of the opinion that the elite knew the fight was between Buhari and Atiku, until the masses can determine the candidates of the main political parties in this country, I’m sure our votes will continue been useless.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by essentialson: 9:48am On Apr 28, 2020
Babapyro:

All you've said is pure bullshit, Madagascar didn't get any cure,let alone from fuvking plants.
What they have is an idea they can't back up with logic or science.
.. this is exactly the reason why nothing will work in this country! People like you

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by airminem(f): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2020
angry angry

How dare you

undecided
EMMAUGOH:
my question to all this Over Sabi b that
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by pawesome(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:
This country is full of idiots. I've been seeing the clamour for the government to call off the lockdown, without putting into consideration how people are going to move around from one place to another.

Some fools even went as far as protesting, burning tyres on the road. The lockdown has been the only reason why we haven't had exponential cases of COVID-19 so far. That's all going to change starting next week.

El-rufai is the only sensible governor that has put in place proper measures to curtail the spread by extending the lockdown by 30days, and on the long run, everyone will see how it will pay off.
the only problem why this lockdown is hard on an average citizen is hunger...if dia was to be paliatives given to everyone,you can lockdown for a whole month but it is visibly clear that it isn't going to happen....hunger makes one loose focus
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Danielmegg(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2020
people r damn much in Lagos

so Social Distancing e no fit work
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Rilwayne001: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2020
This thread shows Nigerians are obviously confused set of people. If they had extended the lockdown by 2 weeks, these same set of cretins would have been here shouting and gnashing their teeth about how the government wants to kill them with continuous lockdown.

For Pete's sake, the government have shown they can't help in the lockdown. No palliatives for people staying at home for over a month. Had it been they could help and they gave out enough palliatives for people to stay at home for as long as they overpower the virus, of course it'd be a no brainer for then to call a quit the lockdown. But now that they've shown they can't help, neither can they accelerate their testing capacity, the only reasonable thing they could do is to give people their freedom, rather than cage them with no food. Then every get to die of their own terms and their freedom and not on government's term of hunger.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked

What does Buhari have to do with this?

You people just enjoy blaming this man. If I ask you to suggest a solution now, you will be giving excuses that you are not the president.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by bonnyhope: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:

Kaduna State is more of civil servants state

They can afford to stay at home for the whole year and their salary will be paid

But a place like Lagos alot of people will be affected
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by membranus: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2020
Kobicove:

Please suggest possible solutions since you know it all undecided
Make @helinues the Prez first, and you will be surprised at how many fantastic solutions he will execute, unlike our current.....
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Ballotelle(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:
I must wait for a danfo with less than 3 passenger before I can board and once I enter, no one will be allowed in again.
Then u pay the danfo man what he oiught to make from other passengers abi.. ?? Am not supporting jam packing passengers but u can't beat a child and still tell the child not to cry... When other government made laws they provided alternatives and insentives....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

While Drones Are Banned In Nigeria, Rwanda Is Using It To Save Lives - Photos / Desist From Dumping Waste In Canals, LASG Admonishes Residents / Nigerians Raise N10.2m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 24hrs (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.