Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? (40931 Views)

Lagos: No Social Distancing This Morning, Gtbank, Ikorodu BRT Terminal Pictured / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Coronavirus: Kunle Ara Pharmacy In Ibadan Enforces Social Distancing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by shankara7: 10:01am On Apr 28, 2020
Babapyro:

Okay let's see how long you will survive now that them lockdown as been relaxed,it's like you people don't think at all,by the time they start packing corpse from every street corner you will beg the government to lock us down.
One of the lazy salary earners.

4 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2020
flokii:
It's actually 'Physical distancing' not social as erroneously used.
The concept is only applicable to those with their personal cars and not public transport users.

Social distancing is the same as physical distancing.

Social means relationships between humans and between animals.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by bonnyhope: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2020
Florblu:
The government has failed us and it's no longer a news. But criticising their decision when you have no better idea than what they've done is silly.

If the lockdown was extended beyond the one given,you all will wail and start drinking sniper because you will lose your job and money. Now the lockdown will be relaxed, you're here criticising them again.

Before we were briefed yesterday, no one could predict what our faith was. That is to show we are as confused as they are.

I'm not a fan of this administration though

You have spoken well my sister

Humans want are insatiable
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by dingbang(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2020
LASG has no option than to abolish danfo buses in the state, and that applies to every state in Nigeria.

The effects of our backwardness in the transportation sector will make it difficult for us to limit the spread of covid

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by bluefilm: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2020
Mynd44:
To those who asked for the lockdown to be lifted, I hope you all know your silly pressures has now brought us here. You will be using ankara facemasks while the government officials use N95.

Now it is up to your immune systems and insha Allah

Our immune system is the best defense towards any virus attack.

It is even better if so many people get exposed to the virus so that they can develop herd immunity towards the virus.

The truth is that so many people have already been exposed to the virus, which means we are already past the worst case scenario.

Therefore, any further lockdown is nothing but a disastrous waste of time and human resources.

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by peeps4u: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:
I must wait for a danfo with less than 3 passenger before I can board and once I enter, no one will be allowed in again.

You will pay for the rest seats?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2020
Mynd44:
To those who asked for the lockdown to be lifted, I hope you all know your silly pressures has now brought us here. You will be using ankara facemasks while the government officials use N95.

Now it is up to your immune systems and insha Allah
Nobody asked for lockdown to be relaxed, citizens are asking for palliatives to remain indoors as done in other sane countries.

How do you lock people inside without providing food?
If you can't provide palliatives then you have no choice but to relax the lockdown so they can fend for themselves.

I hope you understand this and advice others accordingly.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2020
Florblu:
The government has failed us and it's no longer a news. But criticising their decision when you have no better idea than what they've done is silly.

If the lockdown was extended beyond the one given,you all will wail and start drinking sniper because you will lose your job and money. Now the lockdown will be relaxed, you're here criticising them again.
Before we were briefed yesterday, no one could predict what our faith was. That is to show we are as confused as they are.

I'm not a fan of this administration though

This sweet me die
Truth is man is insatiable. Many people are as clueless as the government. If una like, don't give yourself social distancing, don't protect yourself wait for government. As long as I have free movement and I can hustle I will take all precautions.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Chuky7(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2020
I recently just reasoned this...social distancing is a scam in Nigeria
never going to work we can't just observe

if you tell the driver to pick fewer passengers na problem you find be that...they will tell you that you are not the one buying fuel for them
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by drakeskull(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:
During the Gov. Fashola regime we most buses only loaded 3 passengers in a row so everything is about government policies, unless the government is not serious about her duties nothing will be achieved

Govt can still implement 3 passengers per row without increasing fare. At least fuel price has reduced so reduction of passengers is possible

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Westernlove: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:
I must wait for a danfo with less than 3 passenger before I can board and once I enter, no one will be allowed in again.

I hope your from teeth will still be Intact at the end of the show....

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by ScoobieRogers(f): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:
This country is full of idiots. I've been seeing the clamour for the government to call off the lockdown, without putting into consideration how people are going to move around from one place to another.

Some fools even went as far as protesting, burning tyres on the road. The lockdown has been the only reason why we haven't had exponential cases of COVID-19 so far. That's all going to change starting next week.

El-rufai is the only sensible governor that has put in place proper measures to curtail the spread by extending the lockdown by 30days, and on the long run, everyone will see how it will pay off.

This el rufai you people started selling will sink Nigeria. You guys also pushed buhari as the messiah and forced him down the troat of Nigerians ... This people have a common agenda. And that is serving just the main interest of the north. That agenda will never change

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by dukeprince50: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked
Those that have were elected presidents and not Hausa nko. That ASO rock is cursed.
that is where people loose senses
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by surgical: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2020
Grace001:
Social distance isn’t possible in Nigeria because of the way most Nigerians do things.

Do Nigeria government even consider people in a face me I face you house in Mushin, ketu alapere, ojota, idumagbo etc these kind of building house about at least 30 occupants including boy’s quarters. They share the same toilet,bathroom kitchen.

If a person living in such house contract the virus, your guess is as good as mine regarding what will happen.

Our market places is topic for another day.

Social distance isn’t achievable in Nigeria
Exactly,nigerians like copy and paste,nigeria environment is different from the developed world, the government should develop a creative way rather than copy and paste to tackle this pandemic
For those emphasising lockdown as the only option,they are just follow follow with no original thinking,it is the same set of shallow people that will be regurgitating removal of subsidy instead of clamouring for end to fuel importation

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by DammyGbade(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2020
You guys are putting blame on PMB... While he has played his own part, and definitely danced to the tune of the 'ominiknowest' state governors... It's better you throw this questions to your governors... But one thing I know is that the use of nose mask would be made compulsory. No nose mask, no brt... No nose mask, no entry into banks... Police/LASTMA officials will use danfo passengers' without nose mask money do fine boy tire.... I trust Nigerian police and LASTMA...

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by oluspicy: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2020
Your “LOCKDOWN" plan has been auto renewed. The bundle now expires 04/05/2020.

Text "ABEG PMB"to 2020 to stop auto renewal!

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by watchindelta(m): 10:40am On Apr 28, 2020
grin grin lol Nigerians never changed or learned from they passed, grin grin grin always forcing round peg in a square hole grin grin
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Kvngjaymie(m): 10:43am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:
This country is full of idiots. I've been seeing the clamour for the government to call off the lockdown, without putting into consideration how people are going to move around from one place to another.

Some fools even went as far as protesting, burning tyres on the road. The lockdown has been the only reason why we haven't had exponential cases of COVID-19 so far. That's all going to change starting next week.

El-rufai is the only sensible governor that has put in place proper measures to curtail the spread by extending the lockdown by 30days, and on the long run, everyone will see how it will pay off.
you're saying this because I guess you're at the comfort of ur well furnished house, feeding well with your family... Its better to die of the so called corona virus than to die of hunger at home.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by kponkedenge(m): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2020
essentialson:
.. all these your fear, Madagascar wey dey your back yard don conquer it. You dey Nigeria dey copy UK. Madagascar wey be good example for our answers to this virus, you no talk anything. I don't know why we are all like this in this country! I have seen a lot of people bashing the easing of the Lockdown and someone just praised El rufai for his 30 days extension and I keep wondering how people really think.

Lockdown is not sustainable here in this part of the globe! All we need is really a solution like the case of Madagascar! I believe we have all it takes to solve this virus issue using our nature given herbs. We have them a lot.

You people will simply be advocating for our government to give people that knows about the herbs thingy a chance to profer solution and when they fail, we know they have been given chance to do so and if they succeed, we will all rejoice.

We can't always depend on the white people for everything! Who knows God/Allah/Oluwa wants to elevate Africa using what HE has given us as herbs to give solution to the world but it's a pity our copy copy mentality will never allow such to work.

For people bashing the president on easing the Lockdown, I believe it will be better to Chanel that strength to telling the people in power to allow our local herbs treat some patients let's see how it goes or better still, get that particular leave Madagascar used as I believe we also have it here!

Fear you say.... Tomorrow I bet you'll open a topic complaining about having all the symptoms of Covid-19 and still being unable to be tested.... I know your type already.

Like I said earlier, nobody is comfortable sitting at home.... But for a safe opening of the economy, there should be a wide spread testing mechanism available to everyone... At least 80 to 90 percent of people that wants a test should be able to get one.

When Trump was shouting about reopening the US economy, New York Governor contradicted him... Why? Because he has seen the worst of it in his state and saw the casualties.... So he doesn't want to be in a hurry to open the economy of New York if measures for mass testing and quick isolations are not in place.

Why do you think lock down is not sustainable here in Nigeria or Africa? Because of the lie we told ourselves that the virus doesn't affect black people? Or for the fact that most of us are just ignorant? careless? don't listen to basic instructions? Or what exactly?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no cure for Covid-19 through any herbal medicine.... So touting Madagascar as an ideal case study for Nigeria to follow doesn't really carry water.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-52374250

There have been two drugs that has undergone human trials and have failed..... The first was hydroxychloroquine and then remdesivir (a drug used for HIV treatment), both hasn't lived up to expectations.

Other drugs are still being looked at.... Until then, Madagascar's so called treatment is nothing but a farce.

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Ngoze: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
This is crazy. Now the lockdown has been relaxed. People will have to commute to work in Lagos and Abuja. Most people in these cities use public transport.

How will social distancing and proper sanitizing work in a crowded danfo or brt? And for those in Abuja how will you take your cabs or along where four passengers are jammed at the back?

Nigeria is not ready certainly for this . Pray there's no explosion of cases after one week
Enh that is what Nigerians want o, abeg no complaints this time. Some are saying this coronavirus is not real, now they will see with their own eyes. At least the lockdown will be relaxed people should know how they will distance themselves now. I just tire
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by FGonline: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2020
nijabazaar:

I am telling u. Half of the infections will be at Bus parks. People will be dropping dead like in Ecuador if adequate precautions are not taken
thy don't know that low immunity population die instantly
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by josen16322(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2020
@Boc007 i can feel yo pain honestly becos right now will need leaders wit vision who can understand d feelins of is people am very sure dat if u ask buhari wat is a good leader am very optimistic dat dis illiterate man no go give u d acurate definition tongue
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2020
A church in my area has not been obeying this lockdown
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by essentialson: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2020
kponkedenge:

Fear you say.... Tomorrow I bet you'll open a topic complaining about having all the symptoms of Covid-19 and still being unable to be tested.... I know your type already.

Like I said earlier, nobody is comfortable sitting at home.... But for a safe opening of the economy, there should be a wide spread testing mechanism available to everyone... At least 80 to 90 percent of people that wants a test should be able to get one.

When Trump was shouting about reopening the US economy, New York Governor contradicted him... Why? Because he has seen the worst of it in his state and saw the casualties.... So he doesn't want to be in a hurry to open the economy of New York if measures for mass testing and quick isolations are not in place.

Why do you think lock down is not sustainable here in Nigeria or Africa? Because of the lie we told ourselves that the virus doesn't affect black people? Or for the fact that most of us are just ignorant? careless? don't listen to basic instructions? Or what exactly?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no cure for Covid-19 through any herbal medicine.... So touting Madagascar as an ideal case study for Nigeria to follow doesn't really carry water.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-52374250

There have been two drugs that has undergone human trials and have failed..... The first was hydroxychloroquine and then remdesivir (a drug used for HIV treatment), both hasn't lived up to expectations.

Other drugs are still being looked at.... Until then, Madagascar's so called treatment is nothing but a farce.
.. can you see how you were so proud mentioning the drugs that were introduced by the whites your second God and very quick to dismiss the idea of testing or using natural herbs to seek solution to this demon virus! God has given us enough but a pity we didn't value it.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by excanny: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2020
manuelreports:
A sensible Government will pay the Citizens and make sure they extend the lockdown by 3 months untill they test enough people and make contact tracing. But look at us in a very useless country with sets of myopic and retarded leaders, they don't want to share the money they have looted that is why they hastily relaxed the lockdown. Watch what will happen in the coming weeks except the Virus is not here. They may be forced to lock the country down again.

It's not like the govt doesn't want to pay but our population is too crazy.

If we were like 10 million like Denmark, why wouldn't the FG pay us for 3 months?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by josen16322(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2020
@BluntTheApostle if u are real apostle and u are suportin wat buhari is doin den u are a fakeass alligatos shoes apostle the blunt let me tell u somtin bingo u are so dumb dat u dont know dat yo buhari as turn nigeria 2 one of poorest countries in africa u beta check google and see where d giant of africa myass nigeria yo country is @dummybluntTheApostle tongue shocked shocked
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Resivim: 11:24am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked
Buhari is not the only problem of Nigeria, the governing system is seriously faulty. Even if another man you assume to be good is rightly voted, the cycle still continues.

What Nigerian really needs is the person who really understands and can draw out the main problem, and which is ready to sketch out the solution....(in each of the governing cabinet of the country).

An average political leader in this community is wrecked with selfish/self- centered interest.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Kalubolt(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:

So what's your suggestion cus I can see you have millions stack in your house and don't care about others who don't have kobo again with them
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by josen16322(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2020
@ashiola i dont kno wat yo name is maybe azeezat ashiola wateva yo name is look if i post somtin and u dont like it u dont have d fu*kin right 2 insult me becos numba one am not postin anytin in yo head get dat 2 yo skull ok angry angry
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by femmy2010(m): 11:31am On Apr 28, 2020
Reduced capacity in this transport means in addition to wearing a face mask and going out with a sanitizer in hand.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by kponkedenge(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2020
essentialson:
.. can you see how you were so proud mentioning the drugs that were introduced by the whites your second God and very quick to dismiss the idea of testing or using natural herbs to seek solution to this demon virus! God has given us enough but a pity we didn't value it.

People like you are hard to educate because of your blind sentiments. Nobody doubts whether herbs can work as a cure for any disease, but they all have to pass through human tests/trials successfully.

Even the Europeans and Americans fail at many attempts to develop vaccines for all kinds of diseases all the time... You only hear about their successes not their failures, they don't use sentiment like you Africans.

So because someone in Madagascar developed something that hasn't been certified as a good treatment, we should all accept it without any questions, test or trials? That's an example of a sheep.

I first heard about Hydroxychloroquine when it was first mentioned as a possible treatment by Prof Maurice Iwu. The other drug remdesivir was from scientists, both were already existing drugs which were being tested to see which one works best, unfortunately they all failed.

See ehn you can say whatever you wish, I'd leave you to your ignorance from here on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

78-Year-Old Man Lifting Heavy Weight In Nigeria (Photos) / How Jumoke Hospital Lagos ‘Mistakenly’ Employed 2 Jobless Men As Medical Doctors / Sperm Flow While Sleeping

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.