Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? (40892 Views)

Lagos: No Social Distancing This Morning, Gtbank, Ikorodu BRT Terminal Pictured / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Coronavirus: Kunle Ara Pharmacy In Ibadan Enforces Social Distancing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Jokerman(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2020
As for I and my family, we won't be going more than trekkable or keke-able distances...

Mi o le wa ku...God will help us

I just need schools and churches to resume
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Bigcoin(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2020
Very simple three instead of five per sit then one in front
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Reference(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2020
Acidosis:

The rate at which Agberos will infect them ehn.

I laugh when people talk about nose masks. They believe a typical and desperate agbero that hardly pronounces destinations properly will wear a nose mask.

We complain of hunger, but how many people will allow artisans, electricians, plumbers come to fix anything in their house at a time we're seeing new cases? Those surviving on daily income still won't get the kind of job they expect so what's the point? If you won't allow an artisan come close to your house, why lift the lockdown when we can force the government to provide?

It is a zero sum game. Nigerians see that the goverment cannot cater for them so they are prepared to take their chances and bear the consequences, simple. I understand that. Why can't you. For heavens sake the government knew it had no capacity to handle Covid 19, why didn't it act swiftly then. It knew Coivd 19 was a death sentence shutdown or not. Nigeria simply does not have the capacity to save its people. We are a severely weak nation.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by BanevsJoker(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked
Even Soyinka supported Buhari. Stupidity is not cured by education.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
These people that are advocating for lockdown, please tell us when the lockdown should have been lifted.

A year from now, 2 years

Ask Italians that question. They can better answer you.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by bangging(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
As foolish as you are, is it a hausa man that is the governor of Lagos

Very soon when you unable to impregnate ur wife you will blame it on Buhari
for your mind now yoy u get sense?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Saidfx(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2020
Partially Lifted not totally Lifted. Lockdown on all
social gathering is still valid. The governor of Lagos State address its citizens on the kind of business that will be allowed to open and soldiers will be the ones to enforce the 6am to 8pm curfew. Partial lockdown and not total lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by olarent: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2020
If you are the president what we you do differently?we are talking about life and lkvelihood.its because you are buoyant enough that is why you are talking like this do you know what they call poverty?no.some people can not feed without going out a day its not even enough to feed a day but manage talklstay in sango where of months.i believe you stay in environment where everyone is comfortable.i stay in sango where 90%are survival of the fittest.you can send money to them via me which i we give you proof.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Osidazz19: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2020
[s]
josen16322:
election time will come very soon all of u complainin now we stil vote 4 an hausa illiterate who have no vision or lack wisdom 2 be yo leader now wat buhari is doin is accordin 2 his mental capacity he cant turn himself 2 professor wole soyinka overnight shocked shocked
[/s]

Some of you just post rubbish without any logic. Most of you that likes to bring up education as a measure of intelligence are as dumb as fcvk. Most barely even graduated from some barley qualifying shit-hole you call Universities where you cheat, bribe and sleep you way out of.
First Buhari has more education than most of you wailers, education is not only qualified by what you learn in class. It's a combination of classes, life experiences and on the job experiences. This is a man who went to top Military college in the US where you cannot cheat and bribe you way out like most of these wailers did.
I know people with advance degrees who lack basic logic and I also know people with not much education but are gifted with high IQ and ability to make good decisions.
What is NY doing with the amount of people that takes the Subways on daily basis, of Tokyo or Rome? Not much, except to advice people to wear mask as the President as stated.

You had a President with PHD, he was a complete dull and uninspiring CALAMITY. You have Governors now with PHD, some are even worse than Abgero with their decision making capabilities.

The real problem is that we have too many dumb dumb who thinks that just going through a building called a University automatically makes them smart. That's a complete FALACY.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by skyfather09(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
This is crazy. Now the lockdown has been relaxed. People will have to commute to work in Lagos and Abuja. Most people in these cities use public transport.

How will social distancing and proper sanitizing work in a crowded danfo or brt? And for those in Abuja how will you take your cabs or along where four passengers are jammed at the back?

Nigeria is not ready certainly for this . Pray there's no explosion of cases after one week
don't mind buhari... the old man was probably high when he made that talk.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by mikeapollo: 8:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
This is crazy. Now the lockdown has been relaxed. People will have to commute to work in Lagos and Abuja. Most people in these cities use public transport.

How will social distancing and proper sanitizing work in a crowded danfo or brt? And for those in Abuja how will you take your cabs or along where four passengers are jammed at the back?

Nigeria is not ready certainly for this . Pray there's no explosion of cases after one week

This is when you realize how unplanned and unorganized we are as a country.
In nearby Ghana, the same thing is well controlled because there is an ongoing cooperation/collaboration between the govt. (ministry of transport and highways) and private transporters called GPRTU. They have agreed to the number of passengers to be picked by taxis, buses of different sizes/passenger load etc. But here in Nigeria, we so disorganized that there is no control or organization in whatever we do. They would end up spreading the Covid-19 in many of these buses.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by kusimore(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Can you be positive pls, make dem lift they wan lift am you dey hala
NOETHNICITY:
It is because I know it's not possible to practice social distancing in Lagos that I've been warning against reopening

I insist that dead bodies will litter the streets of Lagos if they reopen for business
Ncdc in Lagos will very soon be overwhelmed
They are already showing signs of being overwhelmed
People are complaining that ncdc isn't responding to thier calls
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Alexaonfleek: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2020
Honestly this is the question I've been asking myself

It'll be a miracle if people don't start dying on the streets due to covid19

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by bluefilm: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2020
helinues:
We have so many clueless leaders in Nigeria

Instead of proferring solutions, you've already jumped into blaming your leaders.

Did your leaders also loot your brain, or something?

If your so called leaders are clueless, does it mean you too should be clueless also? undecided

This is the problem with most of you mentally lazy youths!

Tufiakwa! sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by cybertron88: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2020
Hold ur hand sanitizer and wear ur face mask. Sanitize ur hand and phone as soon as u get off danfo or brt. Once u get to ur office or home wash ur hand under running water with soap. All offices and shops in market should be told to have sanitizers for incoming customers. This shouldnt be hard practice although i know lag ppl get strong head and dont take instructions. U guys should stop peddling fears. We are not going to see ppl dropping dead like some of u want us to believe. Unless NCDC starts cooking up death figures cos i dont trust those guys.

3 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by blank(f): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2020
People had better go and boost their immunity. Nigeria is broke and cannot afford to keep the country locked down. They have embezzled all the money.

As for me and my household, we are working from home till we feel safe.

It's about to go down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by naxclimpsey(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
It is because I know it's not possible to practice social distancing in Lagos that I've been warning against reopening

I insist that dead bodies will litter the streets of Lagos if they reopen for business
Ncdc in Lagos will very soon be overwhelmed
They are already showing signs of being overwhelmed
People are complaining that ncdc isn't responding to thier calls

NCDC has never been responsible since day one
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2020
potbelly:
If person sneeze for bus stop everybody go jaapa... cheesy

Ik ?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by ezra1990: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2020
Florblu:
The government has failed us and it's no longer a news. But criticising their decision when you have no better idea than what they've done is silly.

If the lockdown was extended beyond the one given,you all will wail and start drinking sniper because you will lose your job and money. Now the lockdown will be relaxed, you're here criticising them again.

Before we were briefed yesterday, no one could predict what our faith was. That is to show we are as confused as they are.

I'm not a fan of this administration though
.....Then what's your point exactly and on whose side are you on?
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Boc007(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:

It's because it is only the Hausa illiterates that normally contest.

Imagine how we only had two options last year. One stack illiterate and one former criminal.

I was just thinking about how these rulers have destroyed this country, I was already getting mad so I had to stop cause I was only hurting myself.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Carshopper(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2020
Fogman:
I am really against the relaxing of the lockdown. I was arguing with Carshopper in a similar thread few days back, I told him that our shambolic health care system cannot withstand this pandemic, if it moves to another stage. Obviously there will be multiplier effect with the relax of the lockdown. Disaster is brewing in our hand. May God help us all

There are some many indices one will have to look into going forward... the economics of Nigeria can not sustain a longer period of lockdown.

Also when critically viewed, you tend to ask the question 'is the lockdown bringing desired effect?'.

Someone said in a thread where we discussed this issues, the relaxation of the lockdown is for the SMEs who form the block of the production chain.

The same thing I said when we discussed this issue is the same I will still say - some will survive, some will be statistics - choose which side your number will fall - practice all forms of preventive measures.

Funny those who complain will still go out and do their business regardless - Man must Chop

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by doubleportion: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
You all already know that you have no government at all levels In Nigeria.

So government can’t ban or reform Danfo and BRT during this period ba?

Just to call themselves governors and president.

If you were in a developed country, would you ask this question?

What is so hard in banning danfo, or ensuring social distancing in danfos?

Oh I forgot that your country can’t even enforce the simplest of laws and you followers like it like that.

S .D was enforced before total lockdown in Lagos and was strictly adhered to in my area, but the drivers or commuters had to slightly increased the fare to augment for the reduced numbers of passengers. But to my amazement some passengers will want
them to carry their normal full load because of that increment.

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2020
josen16322:
@NOETHNICITY hey fool i didnt talk 2u mimbo i wish i can reply u which i dont know how but u manage 2 reply me wit early mornin yab is like buhari is yo dummy dad abi mallam tongue
just click on quote and you can quote the idiot to yab him.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by VaselineCrew: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Ask Italians that question. They can better answer you.

Even Italy is moving to ease their lockdown bro!

Did you know that the W.H.O said the virus will be with us for a while?

So if that while is the next 2 years, then what? We lockdown for two years

Or you lockdown till there’s a vaccine?

2 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Iceberg3: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2020
dustmalik:
This country is full of idiots. I've been seeing the clamour for the government to call off the lockdown, without putting into consideration how people are going to move around from one place to another.

Some fools even went as far as protesting, burning tyres on the road. The lockdown has been the only reason why we haven't had exponential cases of COVID-19 so far. That's all going to change starting next week.

El-rufai is the only sensible governor that has put in place proper measures to curtail the spread by extending the lockdown by 30days, and on the long run, everyone will see how it will pay off.

Don't lie,Wike has been the only sensible govr that actually have been doing that and you people were crucifying him on here for his wise actions simply cos he's seemed to challenge Abuja/buhari.

Always think before posting,how on earth would you come up with "el rufai being the only sensible govr when he had the virus!!!!!"
Ridiculous!!!!!!
You will do well as a comedian!!!! grin

You Nigerians are a big problem to yourselves.

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by kamez(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2020
mark my words , nigerians will regret ever asking this government to lift this lockdown....watch lagos suffer the same fate as newyork in the next few weeks...

by the time y'all realise ur mistakes, na una go deciede by unaself to sit at home....

as for me, the lock down continues..better safe than sorry..

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2020
Saidfx:
Partially Lifted not totally Lifted. Lockdown on all
social gathering is still valid. The governor of Lagos State address its citizens on the kind of business that will be allowed to open and soldiers will be the ones to enforce the 6am to 8pm curfew. Partial lockdown and not total lockdown.

When?

1 Like

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by VaselineCrew: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2020
doubleportion:

S .D was enforced before total lockdown in Lagos and was strictly adhered to in my area, but the drivers or commuters had to slightly increased the fare to augment for the reduced numbers of passengers. But to my amazement some passengers will want
them to carry their normal full load because of that increment.

If this is true, then Kudos to the Lagos State Government!
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by olusma23(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
As foolish as you are, is it a hausa man that is the governor of Lagos

Very soon when you unable to impregnate ur wife you will blame it on Buhari

Can you please tell us the fault of Lagos State Governor.

He doesn't have power over Muritala Muhammed International airport.
Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2020
shankara7:
All of you advocating for an extension are senseless salary earners.
very selfish people we have in this country. I wonder what crise staying has averted . Since the government is testing less than 1000 person everyday in a population up to 25million. Meaning we have to stay at home till December to conclude their test.

4 Likes

Re: How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? by iykemyke: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2020
cos you are the owner of the danfo. Why don't you buy ur own danfo
Kingofpalmgroov:
I must wait for a danfo with less than 3 passenger before I can board and once I enter, no one will be allowed in again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Raise N10.2m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 24hrs (Pics) / What Kind Of Ailment Is This?? (Pictures) / How Jumoke Hospital Lagos ‘Mistakenly’ Employed 2 Jobless Men As Medical Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.