Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys (55538 Views)

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Trigger Immune Response, UK Orders 100 Million Doses / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”. / India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Engrgreg231(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
BrilliantGigolo:

How can Madagascar develop a cure for a virus that they can't develop a testing kit for?
That's more or less a fruit juice. It's a Madagascar equivalent of Dr Igudigogos(or whatever)
Cleanser.
did I hear you say Madagascar developed a cure
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Engrgreg231:
did I hear you say Madagascar developed a cure

Lol. How can I say that? I replied someone who said they did. Read my comment again.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by omartins007: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
its only sanitizer our own scientists can produce

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Gerrard59:

Are Africans rhesus monkeys? shocked If they decide to test it on only themselves and make it available to only westerners, hope you won't be angry?
When Obama refused to sell ebola vaccine to Nigeria we no survive? People still dey recover from the covid19/malaria bhere.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by RaptorX: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Punchline33:
British scientists are really trying on this vaccine project. I think it was Cambridge scientists last week now Oxford. Well, let them bring the vaccines out so we can return to normal and anyone who refuses to receive it can join the "antiChrist conspirators" and be exposed to covid-19... I noticed the noise about 5G spreading covid-19 has stopped when the lockdown became too hot that even to eat was a problem and uncertainty began to stare them in the face.
I would refuse the vaccines 10 times over, I pity Africans that are going to take this eugenists vaccines. The goals are either to kill you people or render you infertile.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by haleymoon: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
clinical trials of vaccine takes time to be administered to humans but the world is at a crossroads where there is urgent need of solution to human race.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by 8stargeneral: 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
Abeg when it will works on human... Kano need urgent attention .

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by DammyGbade(m): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
These people like to make a lot of noise... Indians' vaccines used to be the most potent..
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by xynerise: 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
sylve11:

Synthesis. cool

Nna, kedu? Longest time wink
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by joyandfaith: 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
ShenTeh:
There's a hot race to be the first to out with a vaccine than a cure!

The idea is that a 7 billion population market makes more sense to the capitalist than a 7 million one. Otherwise, the world would be having a focus on what the Malagasy cure looks like.
organic covid from Malagaskar is not vaccine but drug for treatment. Vaccine is used mainly for prevention. For organic covid to be given attention to, samples need to be tested on animals to be followed by clinical trials and commercialization.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Bahamas95(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good news.

The problem now be say make we nor come see Aba made vaccine in circulation any moment from now, nothing Nigerians nor go take find money even if it involves taking lives.

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Zyzxx10: 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Anything to defeat this deadly scourge.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Engrgreg231(m): 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
If Madagascar already have it they should make a mass production and distribute to Africa must we wait for Europe and America

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by annyz: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
lalasticlala:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11497966/coronavirus-vaccine-monkeys-immune-oxford/amp/

We need the vaccines that will work on humans and not monkeys. We will be at rest only when that is achieved.

Meanwhile what is FG doing about the herbs for corvid-19 cure allegedly found in western part of the country??
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by DLuciano: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Why monkeys? Is that why they said they want to test it on Africans?
but are you a monkey?
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
And someone will come here start shouting Greatest Ife Greatest akokite

Oxford University's budget for last year was $3.1 billion

Nigeria's budget for education as a whole for this year was $1.9 billion

Oxford University fees is $11,700 per annum

OAU Ife fees is $120-$160 dollars per annum

And you expect OAU to compete with Oxford.?

Stop expecting a bicycle to behave like a supercar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by sapele914(m): 6:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dosmay:
Oya make dem run am for humans
Recommend yourself, or are you not human?
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Powerintoxicate: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
kikero:

Oxford University's budget for last year was $3.1 billion

Nigeria's budget for education as a whole for this year was $1.9 billion

Oxford University fees is $11,700 per annum

OAU Ife fees is $120-$160 dollars per annum

And you expect OAU to compete with Oxford.?

Stop expecting a bicycle to behave like a supercar.

what a joke. All federal University fees are heavily subsidised by the federal government. So the FG pays on behalf of the student so far you Nigerian. That's why the Universities receive subventions. No excuse. What are your faculties for? Why do you have professors? You promote a lecturer to professor on what basis? Our unis have become a shame. No research nothing. Just Examination centres where students write exams pass and leave with certificates. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
what a joke. All federal University fees are heavily subsidised by the federal government. So the FG pays on behalf of the student so far you Nigerian. That's why the Universities receive subventions. No excuse. What are your faculties for? Why do you have professors? You promote a lecturer to professor on what basis? Our unis have become a shame. No research nothing. Just Examination centres where students write exams pass and leave with certificates. Nonsense

And they are being subsidsed from a budget of $1.9 billion. Remember that Oxford's budget for the same year is $3 billion

That means in one year, Oxford spends more than all the schools, primary, secondary and tertiatry in Nigeria.

And you are expecting miracles from Nigerian universites with lean funding to begin with?

If you were an athlete, and you had to compete in a race after fasting for seven days against someone who has eaten normally in those past seven days, you go win so?

Nigeria is a poor country. What makes it worse is the bad government and the looting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Jackmj(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dpharisee:
The reality is that if an African scientist develops a cure like Senegal and Madagascar have done so far in treating their patients the western media will not give it much attention, they will rather focus on vaccines to make money for their big pharmaceuticals.

It was in the process of experimenting with African green monkeys that HIV came about and they claimed that AIDS originated from Africa.
I am also sure they resorted to monkeys because of the exposure of their initial plan to test the vaccine on Africans which made Africans to be on guard and at alert.

Nothing matters to these people except developing a vaccine and forcing it on everyone just like we are forced to take yellow fever vaccination before you can travel out with Nigeria passport.

But honestly the claim by Madagascar about finding a cure for coronavirus is ridiculous, 'How can herbal tea cure a virus, viruses can't be cured Secondly how many people have been cured, not up to 10 even this ten what if they just went through the normal recovery just as many people have recovered in Nigeria and other countries they didn't provide any evidence twas the herbal tea that made them recover
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please dont insult me, if begging will save me from hunger, I mean what do u expect your daughter to do? please anything will do 0010368892 emuka Vivian .gtb
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Jackmj(m): 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
ShenTeh:
There's a hot race to be the first to out with a vaccine than a cure!

The idea is that a 7 billion population market makes more sense to the capitalist than a 7 million one. Otherwise, the world would be having a focus on what the Malagasy cure looks like.

Viruses can't be cured naw you can only treat the symptoms while you wait for your immune system to fight
Na vaccine sure pass
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by swaz(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
The should look for bill gate and WHO president to try the vaccine on them
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Starlight7765: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
see below
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Powerintoxicate: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
kikero:

And they are being subsidsed from a budget of $1.9 billion. Remember that Oxford's budget for the same year is $3 billion

That means in one year, Oxford spends more than all the schools, primary, secondary and tertiatry in Nigeria.

And you are expecting miracles from Nigerian universites with lean funding to begin with?

If you were an athlete, and you had to compete in a race after fasting for seven days against someone who has eaten normally in those past seven days, you go win so?

Nigeria is a poor country. What makes it worse is the bad government and the looting.
if you know the level of corruption in our unis you won't mention Oxford. Look at jamb. Until the new do who exposed the rot in the system at jamb who would have believed JAMB would have been able to contribute 5 billion naira last year to the FG account? Truth is if Dangote's gives 10bn to v University today to research for a vaccine for covid those funds will be embezzled. Our unis have no excuse
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Dreyfundz(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
Advancedman:

Those covi419ners will not like the news.
I swear
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Mofe72: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please read what you are saying and ask yourself if any of it makes sense.
Who developed which cure?
How do you think vaccines for most human diseases have been made, you really think animal testing is new??
Nobody is begging you to take the vaccine.

How about the people that volunteered for vaccine tests?

Please if you don't have words to encourage people and make the situation more bearable, keep quiet.
Dpharisee:
The reality is that if an African scientist develops a cure like Senegal and Madagascar have done so far in treating their patients the western media will not give it much attention, they will rather focus on vaccines to make money for their big pharmaceuticals.

It was in the process of experimenting with African green monkeys that HIV came about and they claimed that AIDS originated from Africa.
I am also sure they resorted to monkeys because of the exposure of their initial plan to test the vaccine on Africans which made Africans to be on guard and at alert.

Nothing matters to these people except developing a vaccine and forcing it on everyone just like we are forced to take yellow fever vaccination before you can travel out with Nigeria passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Dreyfundz(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ellie01:

How I wish we take education, science n R&grin serious in this part of the world than all dis religion n ethnicity everywhere.
We would have gone far in this country if so
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Kenn55: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
RaptorX:
I would refuse the vaccines 10 times over, I pity Africans that are going to take this eugenists vaccines.

You are talking as if the outside world gives a damn about you or as if they outside world will loose sleep over your refusal to take a vaccine.

It is no surprising that people who don't have anything to offer make the loudest noise, na dem get bad mouth pass.

Your comment would have been sweet if you had an option that is made for Africa by Africans. As we speak, out of about 100 vaccines in development, none is coming from the whole of African labs. The question is what is the exit strategy for Africans as regards this pandemic? Is it that the virus will disappear on its own? What if it doesn't? How do we come out of it without vaccine?

You don't have to worry yourself about Africans getting the vaccine because with they way things are at the moment, countries with money and technology will hoard any working vaccine for their population first before remembering if Africa exists. So naturally, it is expected that Africa will be the last to get any working vaccine.

China is 1.4 billion people and this means they would have to secure 1.4 billion dosses and reserve of any working vaccine for their people first before selling to highest bidders if they are first to get a vaccine. The US is 350m people, Europe is more than 350m people. Whoever gets the vaccine first will have to take care of their country first and their continent so at the end, there is a possibility that the vaccine no go reach Africa sef. So this fear you guys are showing for White man vaccine is not even necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nairalandmonika: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dpharisee:

Senegal made a cheap testing kit, not a cure, and it's been promoted all over Twitter, fb and even nairaland, any country that needs it can go to Senegal and buy from them.

Madagascar made an herb that they believe can cure n prevent coronavirus, these herb has not been tested yet, so u can say it's a cure for sure. They only claim to that it has cured two persons. Curing two persons is not enough proof to show the herbs work. Senegal and some other African countries has purchased the herbs, they should do a proper clinical trial on the herbs and bring out a detailed result. That's how it's done. You don't expect the media to promote a medicine they are not even sure of.

It's only Africa that can promote Africa, this mentally you have is the reason Africa is not progressing because u believe the world hate u and will not promote u, wen u have not promote yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
They stay immune for only one month? So afterwards what happens ? They become immune deficient? Or how does it work? Does it mean one will have to be taking the vaccine monthly to stay immune?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
if you know the level of corruption in our unis you won't mention Oxford. Look at jamb. Until the new do who exposed the rot in the system at jamb who would have believed JAMB would have been able to contribute 5 billion naira last year to the FG account? Truth is if Dangote's gives 10bn to v University today to research for a vaccine for covid those funds will be embezzled. Our unis have no excuse

That's why I said corruption makes Nigeria's situation worse.

Look, if you want our economy to be prosperous, we have to stop relying on selling the thing called oil and become industrial .

It is because we rely on oil , which just needs to be extracted and sold...that corruption happens, since the income is not dependent on things like taxes....

Whereas if we were an industrial nation, taxes will matter, and things like power will work, and investment will come because in an industrial society, everything has to work or our earning power will fall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / How People Are Thanking Coronavirus Frontline Workers Worldwide (Pictures) / I Can't Satisfy My Girlfriend, I Need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.