Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys (55500 Views)

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Trigger Immune Response, UK Orders 100 Million Doses / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”. / India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Lakeland4321: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Punchline33:
British scientists are really trying on this vaccine project. I think it was Cambridge scientists last week now Oxford. Well, let them bring the vaccines out so we can return to normal and anyone who refuses to receive it can join the "antiChrist conspirators" and be exposed to covid-19... I noticed the noise about 5G spreading covid-19 has stopped when the lockdown became too hot that even to eat was a problem and uncertainty began to stare them in the face.
Dont mind them, your right the conspiracy has died off
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by zakas: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
This is a good development. All will be well in due time.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Zenithpeak(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
This is what I know as good news not a miserable phone call that add nothing meaningful to human existence smiley
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Tom05: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
I trust US the first human being to get this vaccine after monkey is black grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Punchline33:
British scientists are really trying on this vaccine project. I think it was Cambridge scientists last week now Oxford. Well, let them bring the vaccines out so we can return to normal and anyone who refuses to receive it can join the "antiChrist conspirators" and be exposed to covid-19... I noticed the noise about 5G spreading covid-19 has stopped when the lockdown became too hot that even to eat was a problem and uncertainty began to stare them in the face.
Gbam!!
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Cousin9999: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
The African cure (Madagascar tea) probably won't have horrible side effects.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Arewa1408: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dpharisee:
The reality is that if an African scientist develops a cure like Senegal and Madagascar have done so far in treating their patients the western media will not give it much attention, they will rather focus on vaccines to make money for their big pharmaceuticals.

It was in the process of experimenting with African green monkeys that HIV came about and they claimed that AIDS originated from Africa.
I am also sure they resorted to monkeys because of the exposure of their initial plan to test the vaccine on Africans which made Africans to be on guard and at alert.

Nothing matters to these people except developing a vaccine and forcing it on everyone just like we are forced to take yellow fever vaccination before you can travel out with Nigeria passport.

Only your first statement is true sir. The rest are fallacies and not true. Only some countries require Yellow fever vaccine. I travelled to London and America no one asked me for yellow fever vaccine. However in the USA, if you perform a medical test, you will most likely test positive for TB. Now, this is not the vaccine, its a test to determine if youve been exposed to it, then you now take the vaccine.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
The british have also tried the vaccine on human a woman, a woman was brave enough to volunteer.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nairalandmonika: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
RaptorX:
I would refuse the vaccines 10 times over, I pity Africans that are going to take this eugenists vaccines. The goals are either to kill you people or render you infertile.
U need to get yourself educated.
Am pretty sure when u were much younger, u were given vaccines to prevent u from various disease. U can't deny that u weren't given any form of vaccine, so how come u are not dead or sterile?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Simontempla: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
There is hope.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by kenzosky: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
Punchline33:
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Gerrard59(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
cucumbae:
When Obama refused to sell ebola vaccine to Nigeria we no survive? People still dey recover from the covid19/malaria bhere.

Well, Ebola wasn't as widespread as coronavirus. Moreover, there was a decline for the refusal:

ZMapp is a drug made from antibodies produced in a lab that has never gone through human trials or been approved by the US’s FDA Food and Drug Administration. Producing ZMapp is also slow process as antibodies have to be produced on specially modified tobacco leaves

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/obama-too-early-to-send-ebola-virus-experimental-drug-to-africa-as-who-meets-to-consider-if-outbreak-9653050.html%3famp
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nomfanelo99(f): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
But they also said if they don’t see early quick results in the Uk they're considering a trail in Kenya .
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by 2016v2017: 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dpharisee:
The reality is that if an African scientist develops a cure like Senegal and Madagascar have done so far in treating their patients the western media will not give it much attention, they will rather focus on vaccines to make money for their big pharmaceuticals.

It was in the process of experimenting with African green monkeys that HIV came about and they claimed that AIDS originated from Africa.
I am also sure they resorted to monkeys because of the exposure of their initial plan to test the vaccine on Africans which made Africans to be on guard and at alert.

Nothing matters to these people except developing a vaccine and forcing it on everyone just like we are forced to take yellow fever vaccination before you can travel out with Nigeria passport.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Gerrard59(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
RaptorX:
I would refuse the vaccines 10 times over, I pity Africans that are going to take this eugenists vaccines. The goals are either to kill you people or render you infertile.

I'm sure you are part of those who believe it's caused by 5G. If eugenics want to really reduce the population of Africa, nothing can stop them. Yet even with these accusations, Africa is projected to have the youngest population by the end of the century ditto being having more people per square mile. Rather than refuse the vaccine, how about you get into a lab and produce yours?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Blakjewelry(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
xynerise:
They should also test it on mouse...We share similar DNA with mouse...
They usually start from lower mammals to primates
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Gerrard59(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
RaptorX:
I pity any African that will subject themselves and their loved ones to this poison called Covid-19 vaccine. The biggest proponent and financiers of vaccine for this disease is Bill Gates, this is the same man that have publicly stated on many occasions that the world is overpopulated.

So why would you take vaccines from a man that believes the world is overpopulated. He has also stated publicly that the vaccines could lead to 700,000 deaths and he wants the US government to indemnify him against any lawsuit.

Yet same Bill Gates has poured more money than most African governments into solving the problem of polio which disproportionately affects children - the growth base of any society - in the continent. This same man has invested into supporting researchers in the continent than any national government but a conspiracy theorist believes he wants to decimate the population of a continent that has had the highest population growth rate per capita and the fastest growing globally.

You lots are hilarious!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by tyup(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
SeanBeezy:
Then the possibility it'll work on humans is 85%

99% actually
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Kenn55: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

U need to get yourself educated.
Am pretty sure when u were much younger, u were given vaccines to prevent u from various disease. U can't deny that u weren't given any form of vaccine, so how come u are not dead or sterile?

No mind the idiots.

There is nothing as stupid as people who contribute nothing to mankind but make useless assertions

Provide an alternative local solution to solve the local problems, NO WAY
Appreciate other people's effort to provide solution for you, NO WAY

The only thing they know how to do is to peddle stupid conspiracy theories and bad mouth others. I was asking one idiot yesterday who produced the BCG, measles and other vaccines he was given as a child and the vaccines his children are given today, he had no answer yet na dem get bad mouth pass

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by rusher14: 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
You would see people who don't believe apes are related to man queuing for the vaccine.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Gerrard59(m): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kenn55:

You are talking as if the outside world gives a damn about you or as if they outside world will loose sleep over your refusal to take a vaccine.

It is no surprising that people who don't have anything to offer make the loudest noise, na dem get bad mouth pass.

Your comment would have been sweet if you had an option that is made for Africa by Africans. As we speak, out of about 100 vaccines in development, none is coming from the whole of African labs. The question is what is the exit strategy for Africans as regards this pandemic? Is it that the virus will disappear on its own? What if it doesn't? How do we come out of it without vaccine?

You don't have to worry yourself about Africans getting the vaccine because with they way things are at the moment, countries with money and technology will hoard any working vaccine for their population first before remembering if Africa exists. So naturally, it is expected that Africa will be the last to get any working vaccine.

China is 1.4 billion people and this means they would have to secure 1.4 billion dosses and reserve of any working vaccine for their people first before selling to highest bidders if they are first to get a vaccine. The US is 350m people, Europe is more than 350m people. Whoever gets the vaccine first will have to take care of their country first and their continent so at the end, there is a possibility that the vaccine no go reach Africa sef. So this fear you guys are showing for White man vaccine is not even necessary.

Thank you! Those people make the loudest noise without substance. Left to the white or Asian man, Africans can die if this virus was affecting only Africans just like Lassa Fever. But because it's affecting them seriously, they are investing enormous resources to find solutions. Meanwhile, a black dude is somewhere lamenting about population reduction whereas he's not offering a solution. Which is why I term them hilarious lots, ignorant and arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by skyfather09(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
And someone will come here start shouting Greatest Ife, Greatest akokite, Greatest UNN abi lions
Bros all this thing na whites dey make the vaccines, black man just dey dey chill...
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by imagrg(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good news!

But while staying at home, have a look at my signature, click on the link and make some money as you hibernate at home
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Nairalandmonika: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kenn55:

No mind the idiots.

There is nothing as stupid as people who contribute nothing to mankind but make useless assertions

Provide an alternative local solution to solve the local problems, NO WAY
Appreciate other people's effort to provide solution for you, NO WAY

The only thing they know how to do is to peddle stupid conspiracy theories and bad mouth others. I was asking one idiot yesterday who produced the BCG, measles and other vaccines he was given as a child and the vaccines his children are given today, he had no answer yet na dem get bad mouth pass
The level of illiteracy in this country is very high. The guy might be a first class graduate from one Nigeria university.

In my class Whatsapp group I seem to be the black sheep there, because I tried to educate them on almost everything. On how 5g is not the cause of coronavirus or how vaccine is not harmful. Even our best student is just as dumb as the rest. Funny enough of all us dey claim electrical electronics engineer. It's really sad. The one even championing the 5g conspiracy in our group major in electronics and telecommunication.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by apexx1892: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
[color=#] 2889466[/color]
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by andriods: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Simontempla:
There is hope.

Typical Nigerian. And na u de lead our medicine dept that time o ? C ur Lyf
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by SeanBeezy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
tyup:

99% actually
We pray bro
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Kenn55: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

The level of illiteracy in this country is very high. The guy might be a first class graduate from one Nigeria university.

In my class Whatsapp group I seem to be the black sheep there, because I tried to educate them on almost everything. On how 5g is not the cause of coronavirus or how vaccine is not harmful. Even our best student is just as dumb as the rest. Funny enough of all us dey claim electrical electronics engineer. It's really sad. The one even championing the 5g conspiracy in our group major in electronics and telecommunication.

You are right.

My greatest worry about Nigeria is that our institutions seem to be producing and army of educated illiterates whose views and thought process are not different from an uneducated okada man who spends his evening in the beer parlor. If these category of people who should be the nation's hope of developing solutions from within are no different from illiterates, how then are we going to ever develop in this part of the world? This is worrisome.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Tousteejay: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
good news
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Hathor5(f): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
I hope it works on humans too.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by jorez: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sunnycliff:
From monkeys to humans according to Charles Darwin the evolutionist

No Sir rather from Monkeys to Black monkeys,then to Humans. According to French Scientists.
Re: Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys by Jman06(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
kokakola:
All our Research laboratories need here is just Governments attention and funding, and we're good to go but our Governments have shortsightedness and they lack Foresight even the Professors in political positions starts thinking like educated illiterates when they're in power.
Exactly!

I never knew ASUU would still be going on strike with the likes Osinbajo as VP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / How People Are Thanking Coronavirus Frontline Workers Worldwide (Pictures) / Why Your Stomach Looks Big ( Belle Fat)and Unattractive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.