Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) (309749 Views)

Picture Of Would Be Boko Haram Suicide Bomber (warning Disturbing Image) / Face Of The Kaduna Suicide Bomber....warning Disturbing Graphic Material / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by shadeyinka(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2016
In conclusion, war is never fair to the truth. Often at the end, the victors rewrite history.

If you were Ojukwu, you would have acted in the same manner; If you were Gowon, you would not have acted any differently.

Any war is full of betrayal, deceit, 419 and thuggery. Every one get USED unknowingly in one way or the other.

After any war, the question still remains: Is it worth the waste in lives and properties. Whether we like it or not, some people benefit from the WAR.

I salute all the fallen soldiers (Nigerian & Biafran). They were just doing their DUTY to their countrymen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Maghan37: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Thanks a lot for this because it is necessry in this ferocious period to remember the negative consequences of war.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by idiamin(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
And they still want this so called Biafra, after so much suffering.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by jelal007(m): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
isalegan2:

Yes, it is a picture of a Nigerian soldier! Not just any soldier! It is a picture of the Black Scorpion himself, Benjamin Adekunle.

From where did you lift that image?

Who the hell are you, man? You can't tell Adekunle apart from a Biafran soldier?!
Shattap ur dirty mouth.....Adekunle ko,ibikunle ni. Which biafran soldier get mind 2 capture the black scorpion? Mcheeew

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by borntosuccess(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
pathetic, very sad
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ilesha(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Very sad. please stop posting pictures.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by winj3: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
I have no pity for ibo people, they are greedy animals destroying Nigerian passport all over the world!

The number one cause of death among ibo people is crime and GREED!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2016
OP, it would have been better if you had stuck to your vaunted neutrality when posting these pictures, by not making incendiary comments. These pictures are a valuable glimpse into a past that should not have been allowed to occur.

It is sad that egoistic men have to go to war. I hope everyone learns a good lesson from this, and not the inciting lesson op seems to want to impose on his audience. Lives are valuable, no matter where the colour of their external skin, their professed beliefs, or the accident of their ancestors' geographical birth. While we see pictures of the dead and dying, soldiers and civilians, adults and children, the only common characteristic they all seemed to possess was that they were all poor, and all powerless to start or prevent this war. Those who started the events leading to the suffering of all these people lived on to a happy old age, surrounded by their well-fed children and grandchildren in huge mansions, receiving pensions and accolades from the national wealth of those whom they caused to suffer, and being praised as heroes by the children of the dead victims. When we are encouraged by such people to fight so as to satisfy their ego and their thirst for power, we should remember that it is our children that will die, not theirs. Does anyone know how many of Ojukwu's or Gowon's children died during the war? My guess is zero.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by whizcartel(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Akhenaten:
Guess what battle this is from?
Abagana
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by femolii: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Igbos should learn
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
And these stupid iPods want another biafra
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by dodoniyi: 3:59pm On May 30, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Redman36(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2017

Not even Obasanjo or Gowon would make such a statement.
who is dis "nobody"...
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Redman36(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2017
binhozie:

How else does it mean?
Its self explanatory!
I guess my mom was also among them, because she told me they all had kwashiokor!!  cheesy
My Dad who happened to be in charge of egg-yolk powder distribution or something like that happened to save their lives
Thats how they met!  grin  tongue
ur dad na vast guy..see how im use chance dey kpash kwashiorkor babes upandan , while men dey banter.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bizzibodi(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2017
ekubear1:
Then it is quite fortunate for Biafra that Nigeria only had one or two "ordinary" commanders, eh?

If they'd been able to swap out Murtala Mohammed for another "ordinary" Adekunle, I imagine the war would have ended in 6 months.

And if any of them had been "excellent", would the war have lasted 2 months?  wink
excellent will mean all civilians will b killed na!
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bizzibodi(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2017
Akhenaten:
Starving Children Of Biafra
kai!war is no good.i saw NK among d starving children.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bizzibodi(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2017
war is bad,i pity 4 those biafran children no food,no cloth,no bathing,no good drinking water,no teeth brushing,no basic toilet,smell of rotten corpses,shit,epidemic.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Edruezzi: 3:11am On Jul 22, 2017
The naivete and simplemindedness of the Igbo led them to the disaster of the Biafran war. Now they're gearing up for another episode of slaughter and starvation in their paranoia. If I were the head of state of Nigeria I would send soldiers to occupy the Igbo states, including the Igbo regions of what is now Delta state. Someone has to save those savages from themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:26am On Jul 22, 2017
Mr man relax we have seen millions of this pictures , believe me its not moving our stand on Biafra.. Biafra or nothing else.. Awolowo that starved them where is he chill men , explain the pix below

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:50am On Jul 22, 2017
Farmerforlife:
OP, it would have been better if you had stuck to your vaunted neutrality when posting these pictures, by not making incendiary comments. These pictures are a valuable glimpse into a past that should not have been allowed to occur.

It is sad that egoistic men have to go to war. I hope everyone learns a good lesson from this, and not the inciting lesson op seems to want to impose on his audience. Lives are valuable, no matter where the colour of their external skin, their professed beliefs, or the accident of their ancestors' geographical birth. While we see pictures of the dead and dying, soldiers and civilians, adults and children, the only common characteristic they all seemed to possess was that they were all poor, and all powerless to start or prevent this war. Those who started the events leading to the suffering of all these people lived on to a happy old age, surrounded by their well-fed children and grandchildren in huge mansions, receiving pensions and accolades from the national wealth of those whom they caused to suffer, and being praised as heroes by the children of the dead victims. When we are encouraged by such people to fight so as to satisfy their ego and their thirst for power, we should remember that it is our children that will die, not theirs. Does anyone know how many of Ojukwu's or Gowon's children died during the war? My guess is zero.
chill down... first go and read what lead to the war, the same thing that lead to the war is currently happening right now, who will see his people been killed for nothing an choose to remain silent because he want to pleased the Fulani masters, we have seen millions of this pix, believe me is not moving our stand on Biafra, Biafra is our only hope on awusa dominance , the 1st Oct threat how do u see do u see it as just a bluff the northerners hate Biafrans for no just reasons, because of their enterprise, business prowess, their industriousness, etc... their only problem is to maim , kill , destroy properties and goods worth billions, this is just mere jealousy, there is certain length u will push someone to the wall,they will have to pushed back, I will rather fight and die than to fold my hands, lead to the slaughter house like a cow and killed, point of correction ojukwu did not start the fight, its Gowon illiteracy that started the fight, they misinterprete Aburi Accord to him...
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by policy12: 7:00am On Jul 22, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Painful people won't see ds side of ur point.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
chill down... first go and read what lead to the war, the same thing that lead to the war is currently happening right now, who will see his people been killed for nothing an choose to remain silent because he want to pleased the Fulani masters, we have seen millions of this pix, believe me is not moving our stand on Biafra, Biafra is our only hope on awusa dominance , the 1st Oct threat how do u see do u see it as just a bluff the northerners hate Biafrans for no just reasons, because of their enterprise, business prowess, their industriousness, etc... their only problem is to maim , kill , destroy properties and goods worth billions, this is just mere jealousy, there is certain length u will push someone to the wall,they will have to pushed back, I will rather fight and die than to fold my hands, lead to the slaughter house like a cow and killed, point of correction ojukwu did not start the fight, its Gowon illiteracy that started the fight, they misinterprete Aburi Accord to him...

Do you really believe what you wrote up there, especially the bolded? I refuse to believe that this shallow mindedness is anything but a joke in bad taste. I do not believe that any halfway intelligent person can really reason this way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Do you really believe what you wrote up there, especially the bolded? I refuse to believe that this shallow mindedness is anything but a joke in bad taste. I do not believe that any halfway intelligent person can really reason this way.
bitter truth right
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
bitter truth right
Smh!
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jakumo(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Akhenaten:
Guess what battle this is from?

The aftermath of the famous Uzuakoli Ambush, where a federal convoy was annihilated by Biafran troops.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by DLondonboiy: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
Did igbos learn from the war?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrPresident1: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jakumo:

The aftermath of the famous Uzuakoli Ambush, where a federal convoy was annihilated by Biafran troops.

No Jakumo, you are wrong. This is the miracle of Abagana grin
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jakumo(m): 5:33am On Jul 25, 2017
MrPresident1:

No Jakumo, you are wrong. This is the miracle of Abagana grin

I stand corrected. My knowledge of history is indeed fallible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Cults/gangs: Their Code Name And Orientation. Beware! / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.