Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) (309585 Views)

Picture Of Would Be Boko Haram Suicide Bomber (warning Disturbing Image) / Face Of The Kaduna Suicide Bomber....warning Disturbing Graphic Material / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Remii(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
really a shocking trend and pictures. but why are there many starved children and fairly ok adults, could it be that adults feeding themselves and ignoring the helpless kids?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by InkedNerd(f): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
Remii:

really a shocking trend and pictures. but why are there many starved children and fairly ok adults, could it be that adults feeding themselves and ignoring the helpless kids?

Well, I would think that because they're kids and still have growing bodies that they're not in a position for their bodies to really fair as well as the adults in such a situation. What was really sad is that some of the soldiers in the pictures looked looked no older than my younger brother.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by mruwaifo(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Remii:

Exactly my thoughts !
Wont be surprised to know they ate the kids
sad

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by LogicMind: 1:41am On Jan 13, 2012
I hate Nigeria.
Biafra will live again.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Lasinoh: 10:37am On Jan 13, 2012
Logic Mind:

I hate Nigeria.
Biafra will live again.

Agwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Biafra!!!
Na hia you dey?
Ojukwu don quench o.
Biafra don quench! kiss
You hate Nigeria huh?
I would too. If my butts were super-kicked during the Biafran war!

O-JU-JU-KWU, GOWAAAAN IS COMING!!!! cheesy
Come take Biafra. . . . tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/606196_Ishi_Ewu_Biafra__Ngodigha1_jpged6b35986a0b839f641f5e92e6c8dd80

Ishi Ewu Biafra. . . .GBOWAIIIIIIII. . . .Mu che che che che che

Goooooooooooooooooooo Boko Haram!!!! cool
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by jaybee3(m): 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2012
I pray we never see such again in Nigeria
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Ojiofor: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
@lasino, you are the most disgusting woman on earth, Tufiakwa.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ikennahill: 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
ibo man is this.ibo man is that,we are not ibos,we are this we are that,ojukwu started the war rubbish.if a group of soildgers kill officers from one ethnic group was it enough for the other ethnic group to start killing civillians even after counter coup by them?

if not for uk,france,russia etc Nigeria will not have defeated biafra.We know that one day BIAFRA will be a Nation with our flag flying in enugu,asaba,owerri,kwale,ebony,awka,etc.

we never lost the war because the war is still on.u dont like ibo man,yet u dont want him to leave.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by BlackPikiN(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2012
Lasinoh, you are the most disgusting living person I have ever met online!
Tufiakwa!
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by boneruns(m): 12:50am On Mar 10, 2012
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seeing this pictures makes me boil down in Anger and i hear a voice in me that says the blood of the over 3 million Biafrans slaughtered are still crying for Biafra and one day there will be a new nation called BIAFRA. till then every keep your opinion to yours, if there are any more war i wont hesitate to enlist into the Biafran Army to fight back and avenge the blood of my brothers and sisters slaughtered in this mess. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Dipwater(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
I am not happy I feel anger boiling inside me my people biafra till I die
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by noniboy231(m): 12:41am On Mar 14, 2012
TIME WILL TELL
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by ekwynwa: 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
Akhenaten: Nigerian Troops firing artillery gun in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, during the Nigerian Civil War. Col Benjamin Adekunle is seen here with left hand on the artillery gun.

"Personally, now and for some time I feel so ashamed to have killed people to sustain the unity of Nigeria. I feel so sad to have shed blood for the unity of Nigeria. While some of us were dying in the battle field for the restoration of Nigeria as one country, some people have their eagle eyes on one particular subject, oil, the live wire of the economy, the new fulcrum or pendulum of power. While we fought for one country, some people have been reaping where they did not sow. They have been reaping from bogus population figures fashioned to suit their selfish purposes"

-Brig. Benjamin Adekunle

from Adekunle himself hmm

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Chybiz(f): 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wow. Good memories.
I didn't witness the war but frankly speaking, I think Ojukwu did very well.
A biafran state/nation would have been a better option for the easterners.8-)
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by eherbal(m): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2012
Akhenaten: Igbo officer addressing one of his dead soldiers Biafra Nigeria April 1968
looks like he's preping him for dinner.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by eherbal(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
gboss4sure: Seeing this pictures makes me boil down in Anger and i hear a voice in me that says the blood of the over 3 million Biafrans slaughtered are still crying for Biafra and one day there will be a new nation called BIAFRA. till then every keep your opinion to yours, if there are any more war i wont hesitate to enlist into the Biafran Army to fight back and avenge the blood of my brothers and sisters slaughtered in this mess. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
In the meantime, you can direct your anger and frustration against the reigning championns,otherwise known as Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by eherbal(m): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
mr.uwaifo:

Exactly my thoughts !
Wont be surprised to know they ate the kids
sad
exactly what happened!
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jawn(m): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dis and dis,dat nd dat. Yanyanyanyan yan - Igbos remain the only brave people in West Africa, nd Biafra must live forever. Though the war s still on but victory s ours.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by tobyenip(m): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2012
kudos
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
I've arrived a bit late to this party...but i guess it's never too late to put in one's "two cents". The pictures are a brilliant (but sombre) reminder of our history...one that we all must embrace. Well done!

Nonetheless, i must admit that the comments/accusations made on the thread were somewhat interesting.. smiley

The truth is:
Right is might!!!!

That is how the world operates. The Nazi's committed huge atrocities (genocidal), against the Jews and the Poles. But they also bombed civilian homes in the battle of Britain and in Russia..in fact every where they went. But they lost the war...so they were vilified (and rightly so). Had they won the war we'd all be singing a different tune. Now, on the other hand, a U.S Col. called Curtis Lemay ordered the bombing raid on Japanese civilians in Tokyo using napalm...on two different raids, over 200,000 Japanese civilians were killed..Just two raids o! This was even before the atomic bombs were dropped on civilians in Nagasaki and Hiroshima...that's around another 150k civilians dead..350,000 dead in just 4 separate 3hr (or thereabouts) raids.
They did the same to Germany...
The thing is, America went on to win the war...and Curtis Lemay went on to become a War Hero and Chief of Airforce in the 60's.

My point is this, War's will always bring with it some collateral damages. It something the Biafran Leaders should have considered...but they did not! They lacked Vision and Planning. They failed to understand how the impact of the global politics of the time (i.e the cold war)would affect their goals. They were naive!! And that "oh, we were backed into a corner" is rubbish. Look at the Ibo's today...they've realized that there is a better way of having a say than doing it with the Gun...Kudos to them, but i digress.

The Ibo's should have realized further:
1. The Colonial Heads wanted the North in power...they put the North in power, thus the 1st coup (don't let's kid ourselves...it was an Ibo coup), was an affront to HM's Govt. In fact, after the counter coup by Murtala and Danjuma, the North, under Gowon wanted to move the Capital to Kaduna...but the Brit's insisted that they stay in Lagos: for losing lagos = losing the West. In fact, U.K S.A.S special forces conducted operations against Biafran bases!! BRITISH FORCES FOUGHT IN THE BIAFRAN WAR AGAINST THE IBO'S COVERTLY- Like they did in Oman in the 70's because of the oil (a lot of Nigerians dont know this, and it's a shame). My point here is that the Ibo's were not just against Nigeria, they were against the British!!!!
2. How can you conduct a secession without adequate resources. The Guns, bullets, Tanks..even uniforms were, till that point, being supplied by the brits...the very "power's behind the throne" the Ibo's were against The truth is that they lost the war before they even started it.
3. The ability to sustain an armed conflict and come out victorious depends largely on the people...Food, clothing, functioning institutions etc all contribute to the moral and fighting spirit. Kill it and you win. Ofcourse, it is plain for all to see that the fastest way to defeat a Nation is to root out its primary resource...its People. If you dont, youre just kidding yourselves...you'll end up with a "Vietnam/Iraq" type war that rages for 10 years+...IT NEVER WORKS. Since time, from antiquity..the Romans, the Saxons, Napoleon, The Brits, the Huns, The Japanese...all warrior nations know this fact.
4. The first Group to raise arms were the Ibos in the 1st coup. You have to understand that prior to the secession, 50% of the Officer corps of the Nigerian Army were indeed Ibos!!! With about 30% Yoruba and 20% Northern. However, the recruits were predominantly northern. Their advantage (or so they assumed) of having the majority in the officer corps was what prompted them to plan the first coup. If they only controlled 20%, they would not have dared it! In furtherance, They killed Akintola, the premier west, and General Ademulegun (Westerner), Ahmadubello, the premier North, and General Maimalari (Northern General)...they left Ironsi and Zik (Who all blessed the coup)....How naow?!! Haba. What Nzegwu should have done was either kill Ironsi and Zik as well...or just carried on killing and then seceding! But nooooo...he gave it to Ironsi who failed to prosecute him (and his cohorts) in a manner that might have appeased the other factions. They wanted power over Nigeria for themselves. Life does not work that way! You need to plan for contingencies...They did not. The Civil war started with the first coup my people!! They should have finished it then...they did not and they paid the price.
5. Finally, they should have realized that, if they failed, the punishment would be dire! They Federal Army had to inflict a resounding lashing on the Biafrans, such that they would never have the stomach for an uprising again.

No point crying over spilt milk. What's done is done. I'm glad i am not Ibo...because if i was, i too will feel bitter at what was done during the war. But my anger will not just be against the Yorubas and the Hausas...but against the Ibo leaders. They never thought their plan though...they were paying a game of thrones over a country that had such a significant strategic objective to the Superpowers and they just didn't understand the ramifications.

I am not judging any body here. I am Yoruba, born in Kaduna, married to an Ibo...i'm just telling it as it is! I love this country...and the truth is, if we ever get our acts together, we will be a force never before seen in the history of Niggadom (lol..pardon my fench), for our true strength lies in our diversity. All of us have stuff to offer this country...But the truth is this: It will never be realized...for our weakness is also in our diversity.

We will never advance unless something drastic and unforgiven happens...or unless we split!!

However, next time anyone wants to split...make sure you have the powers that be (America or Jands) FIRMLY behind you, otherwise it will be futile!!..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ReFoFp0Gs

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
For your attention :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZeELnOiHAw&feature=related

If you watch this till the end, there are some basic truths...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKCgPMzrjI&feature=related

This link show's how smug Nzegwu Kaduna was after the coup...Can you imagine how the North would have felt. Ahmadu was a Northern Prince...broadcasting it on TV like that was just a bomb waiting to explode...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErVSJKMRyhM&feature=related

For Yoruba's....Why Akintola was killed in the coup.Sorry it's in yoruba. basically, he was advocating for a federal system...as opposed to a unitary one which favoured minorities (somewhat). When Ironsi came into power, he changed it back into a Unitary form of system.

Wallahi, you guys are right...WE SHOULD MAKE SURE OUR SCHOOLS TEACH US THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR COUNTRY O!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
Jawn: Dis and dis,dat nd dat. Yanyanyanyan yan - Igbos remain the only brave people in West Africa, nd Biafra must live forever. Though the war s still on but victory s ours.

There's a difference between brave and being foolhardy (i.e: unwisely bold...foolishly suborn). Knowing when to and when not to fight, now that's true wisdom. The war is done! finished! and Victory was for Nigeria! Disregard the sentiments and be pragmatic.

And all this some peeps are brave and others are cowards bullshit, like Biggie Smalls once said: "Niggas bleed, just like us"...meaning, u sef fit die! U guys should watch real life documentaries about wars...it is NOT FUNNY!!! And if Biafra rises again the way it did, using a Gun, it will be stamped out even more violently than was done the last time!

The only way to do it is peacefully...go and learn from Gandhi, Mandela and Martin Luther King.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
Akhenaten: Mzdarksin, you can see from the pictures the genocidal acts committed against my people. Not only Igbos, but the Ibibio and Ogoni suffered as well.

The war was very brutal against the East.

The Eastern people only wanted to form their own nation. Because the Nigerian FG failed to protect its people throughout Nigeria.

Every group of people have a right to Self-Determination. It is our God given right to rule ourselves.

Wrong bro!!! The Ibo's played their hands and they lost! Primary responsibility should be placed on its leaders before anything or anyone else. And there was more to the secession movement than "Eastern people only wanted their own nation" bullcrap! The Ibo leaders at the time were not dumb!...Foolish they may be, but not dumb. Prior to Independence, AWO wanted the South to go separate from the North, but Zik advised him otherwise! Why?? Because the Ibo's felt they could Lord it over the whole Nation. He ought to have listen to AWO. It didn't work that way though. The Brits felt Ibo's and Yorubas were to confrontational and would not tow the line, so they gave it to the North...and before any of my Northern brothers starts to yarn opata, dig this- who in their right mind would prefer the running of 65million people (@ the time) to a middle school teacher? when we had a Bsc Commerce/LLb Graduate from the London School of economics (AWOLOWO), or HOward University graduate (BSc) and Penn State MSc Holder (Nnamdi Azikiwe) as options What the Bleep did Tafawa Belewa know??....i'm sorry, i digressed. Anyhow, long story short, Tafawa become Oga and Federal system came into play. Federalism didnt work for the Ibo's though...they wanted unitary. So they struck! Had nothing to do with corruption...at all at all. A lot of the govt positions at the time the major source of power (still is) was being controlled by the people that went to school...the Ibo's and the Yorubas...with Federalism, Quota would come into play...Ibo's being the third in line as per population would have even more to loose than the Yorubas for that matter. But why should they? It was the South that built the Nigerian Institutions...The railway, Nepa, The Hospitals..etc. Quota system was seen as unfair. That was why the first coup was planned! Had they known, they ought to have just played along and demanded true federalism...allow quota, but regions resource would be shared more amicably...that way they would have still retained a large chunk..say 55% of the oil revenues. It might have been a tough challenge, but through dialogue, it would have happened. But no, dem carry gun. As I've stated below, the war was a culmination of events that started prior to the secession!!! It was about power, control and slight! They had power, they lost out and felt slighted..they reacted and paid dearly.

I wrote this earlier, but i think you should read it again:

The truth is:
Right is might!!!!

That is how the world operates. The Nazi's committed huge atrocities (genocidal), against the Jews and the Poles. But they also bombed civilian homes in the battle of Britain and in Russia..in fact every where they went. But they lost the war...so they were vilified (and rightly so). Had they won the war we'd all be singing a different tune. Now, on the other hand, a U.S Col. called Curtis Lemay ordered the bombing raid on Japanese civilians in Tokyo using napalm...on two different raids, over 200,000 Japanese civilians were killed..Just two raids o! This was even before the atomic bombs were dropped on civilians in Nagasaki and Hiroshima...that's around another 150k civilians dead..350,000 dead in just 4 separate 3hr (or thereabouts) raids.
They did the same to Germany...
The thing is, America went on to win the war...and Curtis Lemay went on to become a War Hero and Chief of Airforce in the 60's.

My point is this, War's will always bring with it some collateral damages. It something the Biafran Leaders should have considered...but they did not! They lacked Vision and Planning. They failed to understand how the impact of the global politics of the time (i.e the cold war)would affect their goals. They were naive!! And that "oh, we were backed into a corner" is rubbish. Look at the Ibo's today...they've realized that there is a better way of having a say than doing it with the Gun...Kudos to them, but i digress.

The Ibo's should have realized further:
1. The Colonial Heads wanted the North in power...they put the North in power, thus the 1st coup (don't let's kid ourselves...it was an Ibo coup), was an affront to HM's Govt. In fact, after the counter coup by Murtala and Danjuma, the North, under Gowon wanted to move the Capital to Kaduna...but the Brit's insisted that they stay in Lagos: for losing lagos = losing the West. In fact, U.K S.A.S special forces conducted operations against Biafran bases!! BRITISH FORCES FOUGHT IN THE BIAFRAN WAR AGAINST THE IBO'S COVERTLY- Like they did in Oman in the 70's because of the oil (a lot of Nigerians dont know this, and it's a shame). My point here is that the Ibo's were not just against Nigeria, they were against the British!!!!
2. How can you conduct a secession without adequate resources. The Guns, bullets, Tanks..even uniforms were, till that point, being supplied by the brits...the very "power's behind the throne" the Ibo's were against The truth is that they lost the war before they even started it.
3. The ability to sustain an armed conflict and come out victorious depends largely on the people...Food, clothing, functioning institutions etc all contribute to the moral and fighting spirit. Kill it and you win. Ofcourse, it is plain for all to see that the fastest way to defeat a Nation is to root out its primary resource...its People. If you dont, youre just kidding yourselves...you'll end up with a "Vietnam/Iraq" type war that rages for 10 years+...IT NEVER WORKS. Since time, from antiquity..the Romans, the Saxons, Napoleon, The Brits, the Huns, The Japanese...all warrior nations know this fact.
4. The first Group to raise arms were the Ibos in the 1st coup. You have to understand that prior to the secession, 50% of the Officer corps of the Nigerian Army were indeed Ibos!!! With about 30% Yoruba and 20% Northern. However, the recruits were predominantly northern. Their advantage (or so they assumed) of having the majority in the officer corps was what prompted them to plan the first coup. If they only controlled 20%, they would not have dared it! In furtherance, They killed Akintola, the premier west, and General Ademulegun (Westerner), Ahmadubello, the premier North, and General Maimalari (Northern General) and Tafawa Balewa...they left Ironsi and Zik (Who all blessed the coup)....How naow?!! Haba. What Nzegwu should have done was either kill Ironsi and Zik as well...or just carried on killing and then seceding! But nooooo...he gave it to Ironsi who failed to prosecute him (and his cohorts) in a manner that might have appeased the other factions. They wanted power over Nigeria for themselves. Life does not work that way! You need to plan for contingencies...They did not. The Civil war started with the first coup my people!! They should have finished it then...they did not and they paid the price.
5.What's more, the Hausa's and the Yoruba's had a more advanced from of govt than the Ibo's did prior to the White man's coming, in that, they were used to fighting wars en mass! Total mobilization. The Ibo's had, until that time, never had anything of the sort. They didn't have the first clue as regards conducting a national conflict!
6. Finally they should have realized that, if they failed, the punishment would be dire! They Federal Army had to inflict a resounding lashing on the Biafrans, such that they would never have the stomach for an uprising again.

As far as i'm concerned, Ibo's should have asked Ojwukwu and Zik to commit suicide for their failure!!! For what they did to their people. In yoruba land, when you start a quest as an "elected" war leader, you either succeed or you commit suicide. MKO was made Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo...He could have agreed to the nullification of that June 12, but his title would not permit him to...it was a do or die affair. He died! When Danjuma asked Fajuyi to release Ironsi in Ibadan, he could have, but he didnt. He was duty bound...he paid with his life. That is the warrior code. You guys should stop worshipping these Zik and Ojwukwu..They survived and lived long lives...while their peeps perished...Bleep em!!

But No point crying over spilt milk. What's done is done. I'm glad i am not Ibo...because if i was, i too will feel bitter at what was done during the war. But my anger will not just be against the Yorubas and the Hausas...but against the Ibo leaders. They never thought their plan though...they were paying a game of thrones over a country that had such a significant strategic objective to the Superpowers and they just didn't understand the ramifications.

I am not judging any body here..i'm just telling it as it is! I love this country...and the truth is, if we ever get our acts together, we will be a force never before seen in the history of Niggadom (lol..pardon my fench), for our true strength lies in our diversity. All of us have stuff to offer this country...But the truth is this: It will never be realized...for our weakness is also in our diversity.

We will never advance unless something drastic and unforgiven happens...or unless we split!!

However, next time anyone wants to split...make sure you have the powers that be (America or Jands) FIRMLY behind you, otherwise it will be futile!!..

Also, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKCgPMzrjI&feature=related

SO you see cocky Nzegwu, yarning how he killed a descendant of Uthman Danfodio?? Our Yoruba fathers faced the caliphate about 250/300 years ago...they know how strong their hierarchical structure is (Something our Ibo fathers failed to realize). It's like the Irish killing prince Charles,and then they come out and say they did it on T.V and so fucking what? What do you think the Brits will do??

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 1:30am On Jun 13, 2012
Logic Mind: I hate Nigeria.
Biafra will live again.

Improve your knowledge...read

http://www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Odua1: 1:43am On Jun 13, 2012
Akhenaten:

What about my other threads that show the history of Nigeria? I am purely a historical man. My post show that about me.

You can't hide history. So get over it.  angry

This is my history. My family suffered during this war. And you have the nerve to discount these pictures of the historical legacy.

Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you!

This needs to be taught in the history books. These pictures will forever be a reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA&feature=related
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
And there is nothing new under the earth. History repeats itself. That which has happened before is most likely to happen again. I sincerely renounce my citizenship as a Nigerian. I am a Yoruba man. We are not compatible jor
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Intrepid1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
bk.babe97y:

So, your dad bagged your moms using just egg-yolk powder to entice her?

Cheap, very cheap method, if u ask me!

I had to take wifie to dinner in a five star restaurant, trip to Maui, and get a buncha diamond ornaments for her b4 she agreed to be mine.

Next time I'll try the egg-yolk powder approach. . . . . I knew they said Ibo gals was cheap, but goddamn. . . . . . .

Your wife was a materialistic bitch then...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by oduasolja: 2:50am On Jul 05, 2012
igbos always want to play victim. but never remember when they were victimising others.

after all their officers organised a coup and tribalised it. murdering leaders from other ethnic groups.

then they tried to victimise the minorites of the eastern region , by forcibly claiming their land and resources for their fake biafra. this led to the civil war. now they want make we cry .

well , i will cry. but i will also cry for your victims.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by doublej1(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
You people have said alot about the cause of the civil war and i believe a person who is ready to learn can pick out what is true from what has been said.
But let me add this after the first coup the killing of the ibos didnt start immediately. It should be noted that a critical look at the coup would tell you, there was segregation in the killing of the leaders, and we should know that those nothern leaders killed was the voice and pride of nothern nigeria at that time, so you should see that this was enough blow on the face of the nothern nigeria. The cause didnt stop there, with northerners nursing grudges about the killing of only nothern and western leaders, there was a wild proparganda by some igbos rangins from telling the northern people that 'look at how the slaughter you leader( that is sir Ahmadu bello) like a goat','you dont have any say in this country again'. All sort of thing that would trigger the anger of a human was said, this was what made the hausas to say 'you killed our leader and you still have the guts to brag about it in our land', this was what lead to the wild killing of igbos down north.
This is a fact. I am not a tribalist and i pray i would never be. I believe our problem is pride and misinformation, So let us learn to find facts for ourselves. You dont expect a biafran soldier to tell you where he was wrong, knowing this all you have to do is take his account and compare it with an account that shows his wrong deed, deduce your own account and tell him your discovery, i bet you he will tell you that what you just said is the truth, that is the beginning of wisdom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Osisi1: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nigerians will always do what they do best...Disagree.
But do we have to blame ourselves for a problem we did not create? From the Egyptians to the United States great civilizations start from Agriculture...And believe me were on a course of greatness...Differences aside every tribe was doing great jobs in the Agricultural sector....from cereals and groundnuts from d north to cocoa,plantain,fruits and oilpalm in the western and eastern provinces. One thing brought the future of this country into the Racist/Greed motivated paws of the white man....They cant live with themselves knowing that the best piece of land in the world belongs to Negros. That is why Congo will never know peace, Rwanda will never know peace and Nigeria wud never know peace till this oil finishes or we revolt as a country against British,American,Middle Eastern and last but not least Chinese criticism,exploitation and Invasion of our markets,media,culture,mineral resources and politics...Think of it ...we are Africans fighting each other based on differences instilled on us by outsiders! Too much exposure to western social media has turned our youths to 'African White MEN' aspiring to be like the men who show no respect for us as human beings simply shows how far we have fallen from a African people to puppet Dummies of the Civilized world..Until we all embrace our selves and chase an ideal of the realization of an African state based on African ideals of Duty,Brotherhood and Family we would never move above our 'every man for himself' 'me my spouse and kids' agenda's...This is why Nigerians like you and I have sold their birthrights for stipends so they can drive RolceRoyce on 'bad roads'....Open your Eyes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Cults/gangs: Their Code Name And Orientation. Beware! / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.