Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) (309714 Views)

Picture Of Would Be Boko Haram Suicide Bomber (warning Disturbing Image) / Face Of The Kaduna Suicide Bomber....warning Disturbing Graphic Material / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ackhenaten, thank you so much for being understanding. I really appreciate you and this thread. Please keep them coming! I'd be more than happy to learn more about my roots if and only if I have an open minded person such as yourself to inform/teach me.

Allow me to digress a bit to educate Alj's ignorant self:

Originating primarily from what was known as the Bight of Biafra on the West African coast, Igbo people were taken in relatively high numbers to Jamaica as slave[/b]s. Ports from which the majority of these enslaved people were taken from included Bonny and Calabar, two port towns that are now in eastern Nigeria.[3] These ports were dominated by slave ships arriving from Bristol and Liverpool who delivered these slaves to British colonies that included Jamaica. The bulk of Igbo slaves arrived relatively late after 1750. The 18th century in the Atlantic slave trade saw [b]the amount of enslaved Africans of Igbo descent rise by a large amount, the heaviest forced migrations between 1790 and 1807.[4] Jamaica, after Virginia, was the second most common destination for slaves arriving from the Bight of Biafra. Therefore Igbo slaves, as they formed the majority of the people on this bight, became common in the British colony of Jamaica

I might now know ALL of Nigerian history but I am VERY educated about Africa and am on here to learn about Nigeria so I won't be one of those ignorant diaspora blacks who DO NOT CARE. Instead of attacking me and trying to make me look irrelevant let's educate and use tact ok? Because a large part of my African ancestry (mixed with tribes from Ghana, Cameroon and the Congo/Angola) is through Nigeria particularly from the Igbo tribe. Ignoramus.
  smiley

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by aljharem(m): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Ackhenaten, thank you so much for being understanding. I really appreciate you and this thread. Please keep them coming! I'd be more than happy to learn more about my roots if and only if I have an open minded person such as yourself to inform/teach me.

Allow me to digress a bit to educate Alj's ignorant self:

I might now know ALL of Nigerian history but I am VERY educated about Africa and am on here to learn about Nigeria so I won't be one of those ignorant diaspora blacks who DO NOT CARE. Instead of attacking me and trying to make me look irrelevant let's educate and use tact ok? Because a large part of my African ancestry (mixed with tribes from Ghana, Cameroon and the Congo/Angola) is through Nigeria particularly from the Igbo tribe. Ignoramus.
  smiley

missy, you are not getting the point here smiley

i know you are igbo so am i and i know you know all of africa history in your head,,, no one is disputing that

i am asking did any of your relative die in the war

were u in nigeria during the war

are you in nigeria now

if you have been to nigeria, how many years have you spent in nigeria to be able to judge
no one is fighting with u here, neither have you seen me insult you

you can not post about something you know nothing of undecided because all the history book you have learnt will not tell you how other groups lost there lifes because of the igbo invasion of there territory

lastly, since you have igbo blood, why are we fighting since i also am igbo

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

I agree with you both. Why didn't they just let them have their own darn country and end the bloodshed. If they wanted to be emancipated what was the big gotdamn deal? These pictures are pissing me off maybe because I have Igbo ancestry I don't know but I am bothered by this!   angry  angry  angry
Well what do you know? Maybe you should quit commenting on issues that you know nothing about! Its not your fight and none of your business.
But I am curious as to what kind of pictures you expected to see of a WAR that was fought almost exclusively on Ojukwu's home base?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Olaedo1: 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2011
tensor777:

Well what do you know? Maybe you should quit commenting on issues that you know nothing about! Its not your fight and none of your business.
But I am curious as to what kind of pictures you expected to see of a WAR that was fought almost exclusively on Ojukwu's home base?

Maybe you should do the same.And why isn't it her fight? Is it your fight?You are not an Igbo but she as a Jamaican,has Igbo ancestry so who is inclined more to speak on this issue,you or her? Definitely not you! You don't have Biafran blood so shut your mouth.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2011
Ola edo:

Maybe you should do the same.And why isn't it her fight? Is it your fight?You are not an Igbo but she as a Jamaican,has Igbo ancestry so who is inclined more to speak on this issue,you or her? Definitely not you! You don't have Biafran blood so shut your mouth.
You don't know that!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Olaedo1: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2011
tensor777:

You don't know that!

I don't know what?
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^You know nothing about my extraction, so don't assume you do.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Olaedo1: 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2011
tensor777:

^^You know nothing about my extraction, so don't assume you do.

I'm not assuming.I know you from your posts.You are [b]NOT [/b]Igbo.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2011
Ola edo:

I'm not assuming.I know you from your posts.You are [b]NOT [/b]Igbo.
Such confidence is astounding! Believe what you will. cool

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Olaedo1: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
tensor777:

Such confidence is astounding! Believe what you will. cool

Thanks cool
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 1:21am On Jan 17, 2011
tensor777:

You don't know that!

Simple deduction can tell you are not Igbo from your post. A person who comes from the Igbo perspective would not comment like that about such a serious topic that has impacted 99.9% of the Ndi Igbo.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 17, 2011
^^Absolute balderash. Anyway the main reason you posted these pictures was just to whip up hatred in the minds of ignorant elements in the diaspora. For that you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by matazzmagi(m): 1:36am On Jan 17, 2011
The people of northern Nigeria fear and detest the Ibos. Tens of thousands of Ibos were massacred there in 1966. Ibophobia, which is widespread too in Western Nigeria, is comparable to the Nazi hatred of Jews. Biafra was created out of fear of racial prejudice and it is fear of persecution and death that keeps the Biafrans fighting." -- Richard West, Sunday Times Magazine of London, March 1969,

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by matazzmagi(m): 1:37am On Jan 17, 2011
Our Salvation lies with Our Lord, not some alliance with treacherous, hating, perverse and criminal-motivated cultures who see nothing wrong with iniquity; who adjudge evil as good and good as evil, who uphold stealing as okay, lying as intelligence, murdering the innocent as inconsequencial, who exult wickedness and shun righteousness. To embed with this recidivist vile filth will certainly yield untold curses to anyone or people,
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Jan 17, 2011
tensor777:

^^Absolute balderash. Anyway the main reason you posted these pictures was just to whip up hatred in the minds of ignorant elements in the diaspora. For that you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

gbammm

this is picture has brain wash ideeiots sure as the missy above,,smh

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by dempeople(m): 3:43am On Jan 17, 2011
alj harem:

gbammm

this is picture has brain wash ideeiots sure as the missy above,,smh

Try and regularly use your grey matter even if its difficult to do so - it'll help you more. Do you need to call her an id.iot in other to put your point across? You're the persuader here - trying to tell her not to be "brainwashed" by the pictures and so, you need to really watch your language. The lady said she's got Igbo ancestry and emotionally touched by the pictures posted. Is there any crime in that?
What's the crime in the pictures posted? That they show a critical part of Nigerian history that you and your violent evil people who perpetrated the atrocities and genocide, out of guilty conscience, are not comfortable for them being seen by other people who are not familiar with your vicious peoples' ways? You're so paranoid about the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2011
tensor777:

What about my other threads that show the history of Nigeria? I am purely a historical man. My post show that about me.

You can't hide history. So get over it.  angry

This is my history. My family suffered during this war. And you have the nerve to discount these pictures of the historical legacy.

Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you!

This needs to be taught in the history books. These pictures will forever be a reminder.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 4:15am On Jan 17, 2011
More Pictures

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 4:16am On Jan 17, 2011
Biafran War.

We must never forget.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by matazzmagi(m): 4:32am On Jan 17, 2011
One word now describes the policy of nigerian military goverment toward secessionist biafrans genocide,it is ugly and extreme but it is the only word which fit nigerians decision to stop the international committee of red cross and other relief agencies from flying food to biafran children, washington post{editorial} july 2nd 1969,
Their has been genocide on the occasion of the 1966 massacres in the region b/w the towns of benin and asaba wer only widows and orphans remain,federal troops having for unknown reasons massacred all the men-le monde{french newspaper}april 5 1968 in calabar speacial force shot at list 2000 ibos most of them civilians, new york time jan 18 1968,
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2011
Secession wars are mostly very ugly.

ANyone can read up the Balkan wars of 1990 about 20yrs ago, They were equally ugly even in times of civilisation
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by AndreUweh(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2011
tensor777:

The photographs were part of marking an end of the civil war 41 years ago. All the societies that have been through wars do mark the end of those wars.
One can not do away with history, and for you to know a child, you have to know the parents.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Tochi3(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ Akhenaten

Pictures sometimes describe what words cannot express. Pls continue posting. Thanks.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by step1: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2011
[b]Quote
CONCLUSION: The Igbos should understand that the crisis facing the South today was directly or remotely caused by them. But because their leaders had not been sincere to them, they have continuously propagated the lie that the West is responsible for their problem. A few facts should illuminate this:

1. In 1957, the North threatened to secede if independence was granted to Nigeria because they were not ready. Zik, was supposed to have reached an understanding with Awo to let the North go. But to Awo’s consternation, Zik formed an alliance with the North which succeeded in delaying independence and allowed the North to get ready.
   2. In 1966, a group of young Igbo officers planned a coup that killed only non-Igbo politicians. Included among the politicians was Ahmadu Bello who was a god-like figure to the Northerners. Before you could say Jihad, all the Sabongaris were on fire and the pogrom that would lead to the civil war has started,
   3. Instead of trying to seek immediate political solution to the crisis, the Igbos declared Biafra. They war lasted for 30 months. The Igbos lost everything. The Hausa-Fulani oligarchy took this defeat of Biafra as the conquest of the South. Since then, they have transformed the privilege of leadership into that of a birthright and they have used it not only to stunt the growth of the South but also to subject their people to a state of perpetual servitude and feudalistic iniquities.

The Igbo/Yoruba Relationship

[/b]
http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/iarticles/igbo.htm

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by AndreUweh(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^ The above post is very irrelevant and should be consigned into the waste bin. You also posted this same crap in the politics section. Please do not display further stupidity here.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by birdman(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2011
striking pictures. im assuming you got this from site? I'd rather contemplate the pictures in peace, rather than skipping rambling posts and counter-posts about mzdarkskin
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ poster you are a good guy.
i am indebted to you.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Dede1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2011
step1:

[b]Quote
CONCLUSION: The Igbos should understand that the crisis facing the South today was directly or remotely caused by them. But because their leaders had not been sincere to them, they have continuously propagated the lie that the West is responsible for their problem. A few facts should illuminate this:

1. In 1957, the North threatened to secede if independence was granted to Nigeria because they were not ready. Zik, was supposed to have reached an understanding with Awo to let the North go. But to Awo’s consternation, Zik formed an alliance with the North which succeeded in delaying independence and allowed the North to get ready.
2. In 1966, a group of young Igbo officers planned a coup that killed only non-Igbo politicians. Included among the politicians was Ahmadu Bello who was a god-like figure to the Northerners. Before you could say Jihad, all the Sabongaris were on fire and the pogrom that would lead to the civil war has started,
3. Instead of trying to seek immediate political solution to the crisis, the Igbos declared Biafra. They war lasted for 30 months. The Igbos lost everything. The Hausa-Fulani oligarchy took this defeat of Biafra as the conquest of the South. Since then, they have transformed the privilege of leadership into that of a birthright and they have used it not only to stunt the growth of the South but also to subject their people to a state of perpetual servitude and feudalistic iniquities.

The Igbo/Yoruba Relationship

[/b]
http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/iarticles/igbo.htm

This rubbish says it all about Nigeria. This irresponsible posturing should not have been allowed appear on the pages of any news media but coming from the so-called nigerdeltacongress is a wake call to any deluded Igbo person.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bkbabe97y(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2011
binhozie:

I guess my mom was also among them, because she told me they all had kwashiokor!!
My Dad who happened to be in charge of egg-yolk powder distribution or something like that happened to save their lives
Thats how they met!

So, your dad bagged your moms using just egg-yolk powder to entice her?

Cheap, very cheap method, if u ask me!

I had to take wifie to dinner in a five star restaurant, trip to Maui, and get a buncha diamond ornaments for her b4 she agreed to be mine.

Next time I'll try the egg-yolk powder approach. . . . . I knew they said Ibo gals was cheap, but goddamn. . . . . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bkbabe97y(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/374549_97366173_jpgc802966899f4bd8529efe910fb2a4c29

. . . . and they always got the nerve to say others look like Apes!!!

ROFLMAO!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bkbabe97y(m): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2011
BIAFRAN SOLDIER, FOUND DEAD BY FRENCH FORCES STILL HOLDING ONTO HIS SUPPLY RATION. (1967)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/377267_Dead_Soldier_jpg85dc1553f1afac69259d3c2d0fe140f1

ROFLMAO!!! Typical Ibo man. Greedy to the end!

Probably died trying to protect his supply ration . . . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2011
Is there any reason why this thread is in the Crime section?

Perhaps a tacit admission that the war was a CRIME against humanity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Cults/gangs: Their Code Name And Orientation. Beware! / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.