Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (99886 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by OdefaGirl(f): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Matrimonous:

Hello dear, nice hearing from you. I'm here to like your comment actually.
How has your day been?

It was handful, thanks for the'like'. wink

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
PastorandMentor:
God hates Divorce
base on lies and deceit? Think again and approach the Bible again
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
airminem:
smiley Sadly, she might not Even be a real human
Okokobiokor...another angle to it

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by McTobe(m): 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
OP it’s well o, many of us are not living with our wife because they are perfect, so there are no perfect women.
Secondly forgiveness is the foundation of every successful marriage so the earlier you forgive her the better for you.
If she does not give you problems & is not promiscuous then why not let go of her past misdeeds.
It is Very very important that you understand the kind of person your wife is, that way you will accept her the way she is.
About likes and dislikes; I will be surprised if you marry a woman that likes everything you like, then there is nothing to complement.
NB: don’t expect her to change overnight, they usually take time to come to terms with things.
I wish you the best, marriage take effort & work.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Zakiushenry: 11:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mumu undecided
MedicH:
You both are immature and u Mr man u are very silly and a disgrace to manhood.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Advancedman(m): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lordsonn:

Not a fake story. I am so worried now about this marriage wahala

Why do you get her pregnant since God has saved you with the first being fibroid.
Family is irrelevant but the law and base on what you signed if your marriage was legal divorce is asap base on falsehood and deception.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Tonitoniton(m): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
here we go again! oga sir, so, with this multitude of advice and counsel which one do u think is the right one? u see, u will be more confused. why not go to ur pastor or a marriage counsellor than this thing u are doing here? why repeat the mistake of others? u guys should wise up, abeg
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 11:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
hephedollarpoh:
pardon me but wanna ask you? how come you took your time to write all those things about her?

are you a saint yourself?

I have come to understand that people do things for some reasons. did you ever love her? or was it lust?

you see my brother, true love doesn't see weaknesses nor has time to roll on people's mistake. if truly you want her, send her to school. erase d lies from you head and live a beautiful life

yes It is not easy, I understand. it's not easy at all. but please, for the sake of your child.

I think you should take your child to a trusted relative, den you and wifey should stay at home together and talk it out.

agree and disagree.
fight and reconnect.

but don't go for divorce, it's not d best solution.

my piece here is... the devil you know, is better than the one coming.
nonsense...there are better women out there... A chronic liar is death on the go
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by fortunechy(m): 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Bro having read ur story, is painful being a victim of deceit. However, divorce isn't the solution cuz is against God law in marriage and as a Christian I presumed u are. Just find a place in ur heart to forgive and forget, then build her up the way u wish in terms of education.... May God give u grace to forgive and forget.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2020
Noel19:

Nobody is attacking you spiritually, it's your conscience that is pricking you. Go and settle with your wife and bring her back. Marriage is not a bed of roses. You need to start loving your wife for who she is and not what she is.

Your excuses for throwing her out doesn't add up.
nonsense again and again

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2020
fortunechy:
Bro having read ur story, is painful being a victim of deceit. However, divorce isn't the solution cuz is against God law in marriage and as a Christian I presumed u are. Just find a place in ur heart to forgive and forget, then build her up the way u wish in terms of education.... May God give u grace to forgive and forget.

nonsense...there are better women out there... A chronic liar is death on the go
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by stormborn28(m): 12:06am On Apr 30, 2020
memnon37:

As much as I hate typing so much mr man you have problems with unforgiveness it was bad she lied to you and you now know, let it go and move on with your lives. She had fibroid she has operated it and it's out and now you have a boy, she isn't educated but she has written waec with 9 credits wHich shows prospects that she is intelligent and all this rumble about you sending her out just shows you can't forgive which is tantamount for STAYING MARRIED oga if I had cane I'll flog you. Go and get your wife back forgive her and move on with your life have you not read where it's writhen. ..forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Minibaby: 12:17am On Apr 30, 2020
wink cry shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by BreconHills(m): 12:28am On Apr 30, 2020
psucc:
Except you have never committed sin, I will advice you go on with the divorce. But if you have, even for once, try and forgive her. She must have played that game to quit single.

Again, if you can accomidate her, yöu can as well build her into her own dream. Millions are married to illitrates and still build great homes.

Remember, you swore to an oath to love her till the end.

How does one build on a foundation of lies? Calculated ones at that. Marriage is an agreement and covenant between two parties. Can one parties agreement be enough? Your advise sounds pious but it does not appear that there is a marriage . If he forgives her, then they can marry for the first time. Under the Matrimonial causes Act a marriage can be terminated on the grounds of concealment or misrepresentation of a material fact. The question of materiality is another matter all together.

Its a personal call. I know a man who has accepted another person's child as his - it depends on the capacity of your heart. However, he must make sure if he ask her to stay he won't spend the rest of his life punishing or humiliating her. His call. Hobbes choice.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Alaganature(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2020
Bro I believe you've done the right thing for chasing her out of your house.. Count your self lucky because she is just after her selfish interest.. Please don't accept her back oo..
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by BanjiRaymond(m): 12:32am On Apr 30, 2020
hephedollarpoh:
pardon me but wanna ask you? how come you took your time to write all those things about her?

are you a saint yourself?

I have come to understand that people do things for some reasons. did you ever love her? or was it lust?

you see my brother, true love doesn't see weaknesses nor has time to roll on people's mistake. if truly you want her, send her to school. erase d lies from you head and live a beautiful life

yes It is not easy, I understand. it's not easy at all. but please, for the sake of your child.

I think you should take your child to a trusted relative, den you and wifey should stay at home together and talk it out.

agree and disagree.
fight and reconnect.

but don't go for divorce, it's not d best solution.

my piece here is... the devil you know, is better than the one coming.
Even Bible agreed with divorce if that's what will make you happy and live a good life you ever wanted, there's nothing wrong in divorce. Nothing to talk out between them, send her packing, and start afresh.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Ishilove: 12:36am On Apr 30, 2020
J111333:
To given you a configured slap just dey hungry me.

What a beautiful nonsense comment. undecided
*to give
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 30, 2020
Ishilove:

*to give
Thank you ma'am. My Nokia Torch is doing itself thinking it's doing me. grin
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by peremos(m): 12:42am On Apr 30, 2020
This may taste odd, but Mr man she is your wife now. You had all it takes to know more of her before getting married. But you believed her looks and words to a couple. Now the same you is complaining, I guess you as well is the problem
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Ishilove: 12:43am On Apr 30, 2020
J111333:
Thank you ma'am. My Nokia Torch is doing itself thinking it's doing me. grin
You're welcome sir. We blame your big thumbs that are bigger than the tiny keys grin
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by PropertyBuying(f): 12:52am On Apr 30, 2020
Could this really be happening?
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 30, 2020
Ishilove:

You're welcome sir. We blame your big thumbs that are bigger than the tiny keys grin
Na to look for who go sow seed of phone in my life now be that, I go personally open the gates of heaven for the person on the last day grin grin
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by gbadexy(m): 1:41am On Apr 30, 2020
Marriage is a no testing market. May God have mercy.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by ddeola: 2:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Marriage built on falsehood is no marriage in the first place but if she's willing to change, it can be worked out.

Every home has it's own challenge, na your own cross b dat when you dey "fire" before marriage, you don hook yoursef. And third parties involvement sef no dey help matter.

God help you bro
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by grandstar(m): 2:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Lordsonn
Are you so naive? Couldn't you foresee these things? Were there no advisers?

All these prophetess don't give a damn about the Bible. (Read Titus 1:16).

I don't know what advise to give. May be best you leave her but next time, shine your eyes.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by macedios(m): 2:58am On Apr 30, 2020
She lied to you,bro this is not an excuse to send her away.You must forgive her for you to have your peace. Meet your Pastor or a mature elder who will counsel you and her, but take no side If you married her legally, you can't divorce her. She can change. I believe there are things she is good at, take advantage of it. She might just be that person you need to drive your business idea to an unprecedented height. Love her. You and her need more of the word of God to grow into maturity.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Omed(m): 4:34am On Apr 30, 2020
Lordsonn:
Greetings to you all. I want to go straight to the point. I opened this account because of my marital problems.

From the day I met my wife, she was after marriage. In less than two weeks of meeting her, she started pressurizing me to meet her family members which I succumbed to.

These are what she told me at the beginning of the relationship:

1) She had HND from Kaduna Polytechnics
2) She has Diploma in Computer Science
3) She is a professional cake baker
4) She was three months pregnant
5) That she was 27 years

My discoveries after marriage:

1) She doesn’t have any HND, infact no good WAEC result
2) She cannot even connect laptop to printer and print. She don’t know much about computer at all.
3) She doesn’t know how to bake cake. I discovered that the cake I asked her to bake for me, she gave the contract to her friend.
4) She was never pregnant. She had fibroid and that made her tummy big
5) She was 33 years.

NOTE: the reasons why I believed all she told me at the beginning was because she was a prophetess in her church. She speaks in tongues and prophesy many times and most of the prophecies came to pass.

I was even surprised that in less than two weeks of our relationship, she made move for sex and we started having sex. I did not even think of pre-marital sex because I thought she was a holy woman.

The problems after marriage: several people began to beg me to forgive her and continue with the marriage. I find it difficult but she was still living in my house. I was just being forced my her family and her family members persuaded some of my family members to beg me too. I tried to love her but hatred for her was just building in my heart.

The fibroid surgery was successfully done and she got pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. I thought the coming of the child may make me to forgive her but I could not recover from her betrayal. I even hate her more.

She wrote WAEC last session and got nine credits but the memory of her betrayal is giving me a lot of psychological trauma. I love an educated woman and cannot see myself glued to an illiterate woman in the name of marriage.

Major problems that made me sent her out:

1) She refused to go to my church. She always want to go to her church and even want me to join her there which I refused.
2) She doesn’t like education at all. She hate going to school and will never carry book to read.
3) Anytime I have disagreement with her, she will call her elder brother. And they will come and talk to me, sometimes in a very condescending manner
4) She is not submissive, very arrogant and talks with anger, authoritatively.
5) She is a societal woman, she loves joining several associations of women and be going to meetings every sunday which I don't like.
6) She value clothes more than human being. She can use any money from the family purse to buy Hollandis, lase, George etc just to dress to her church for show off. I am introvert but she is extremely extrovert.

I sent her out of my house three weeks ago. She is trying to come back in the disguise that she doesn’t want her child to be only one, that it will make the child suffer in the future but I told her I cannot allow her to my house again. I love my little child and I cannot live with such a woman who is full of lies and pretense. I just have hatred for such kind of people.

What do you think I should do?

It's quiet unfortunate and I feel your pains bro. I have traveled on a similar path and I must tell you, the experience is quite unpalatable. At the appropriate time,
I hope to share my story too, so others can learn from it.

The bottom line is; you have been in captivity and have only been set free by the truth which you now know (know the truth and it shall set you free)! No matter how magnificent a building may be, once it is on a bad foundation, it will never stand the test of time. It is thesame for any relationship or Union built on falsehood.

She never loved you genuinely in the first place, cos if she did, she wouldn't feed you with those lies. She did all she did out of desperation for marriage. You believed all she said before marriage possibly cos you were under a spell which made you loved her or you trusted blindly, cos of the Prophetess side of hers, she flaunted. Mind you, some of these Prophets and Prophetesses are 'babalawos and mamlawos' in disguise.

My advise; seek the face of God, do not allow yourself to be further manipulated by the grand conspiracy with her family members, report your findings to the church (I hope it is not her church) where you wedded, severe any nuptial ties with her and take full responsibility for your son (that is if you are certain he is your son) or else, be ready to live in an unhappy matrimony for the rest of your life. All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Sailorsoldier1: 6:18am On Apr 30, 2020
gamapoy539:
FAKÈ story and a HÒAX! believe this at your peril.
so u mean it can't happen? You are lost.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Tashacobbs(f): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2020
I watched a video about sex trap, how men like u fall for it and in your case op u have really failed the test. next time don't rush into marriage without knowing your partner very well. I wish you all the best be guarded.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by nthony10: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2020
I’m in your shoes but the challenge with mine is she has no drive to improve on herself but I have to find a way to manage her the way she is. However, I believe she definitely has some good traits that are encouraging enough.

Note that 90% of men wished they married someone else so just be matured about it and encourage yourself.
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Futurejoy(f): 6:45am On Apr 30, 2020
lailuvly:
Hmnn, from my own point of view, have discovered there is no perfect marriage. We are all managing ourselves. It's very rare too see your perfect match. But if both of you can come down and decide to build your home together. Your marriage will work.

Please learn to forget your wife completely. Sit down together and resolve your differences. Let her what you want in your marriage. I believe she Will surrender since she doesn't want to go. You can still mould her to your shape.

God will help you. Please pray together and eat together. God bless you.
It is like you don’t understand all what the OP said, he said he has forgiven her. The problem with this kind of situation is forgiven cannot change this kind of person, why would you even tell the OP to build his home, a home built on strong lies on her part. A woman whose futuristic goal is uncertain cos she is even making no effort to add value to herself and her marriage. The OP shouldn’t even give her access to the family’s purse, she is not working yet she spends more than the Op lavishly, she is not even submissive. And you are telling him to pray about it, to pray about someone who isn’t ready for change??

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Futurejoy(f): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
nthony10:
I’m in your shoes but the challenge with mine is she has no drive to improve on herself but I have to find a way to manage her the way she is. However, I believe she definitely has some good traits that are encouraging enough.

Note that 90% of men wished they married someone else so just be matured about it and encourage yourself.
Yours can be manage cos she has traits of improvement. His own has a lying gene, spends lavishly, arrogant and refuses to be submissive to her husband.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.