Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (99790 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by FatherBona: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
mymadam:

Ask Google! ...Nonsense undecided
[/s]
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by FatherBona: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
gamapoy539:

Someone who is desperately in need of sound advice wouldn't have the time to look for not just one picture but multiple pictures to add to his concocted story.
[/s]
If you can't come up with a sound advice shut your trap and walk away!!!

9 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by AfroKnight: 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
End the marriage.

It was built on falsehood. It cannot last. Go for a paternity test. Such chronic Liars will lie about anything.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by FatherBona: 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
MedicH:
You both are immature and u Mr man u are very silly and a disgrace to manhood.
[/s]
Oga maturity we don c u na,

3 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
Don't Send Her Away, U Also Av Ur Own Faults 2. Besides, U Should Av Make Investigation Well B4 Getting Married 2 Her. Don't Send Her Away, Live With Her, With Time U Would Get Used 2 Her.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by SecretSpy666: 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
I have heard of this case.... A pastor who knew the husband used it to preach last sunday on facebook live streaming.

I am a woman but I want to tell the husband to divorce the woman. I wonder why some ladies lie so heavily and believes that people will pressure the man to forgive them.

I was told the husband is a young professor and the wicked lady want to be his wife without even a WAEC certificate. That is very bad.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by SecretSpy666: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Truvel:
Don't Send Her Away, U Also Av Ur Own Faults 2. Besides, U Should Av Make Investigation Well B4 Getting Married 2 Her. Don't Send Her Away, Live With Her, With Time U Would Get Used 2 Her.
If it is easy to get used to such women, I think the guy should have get used to her since marriage. Please check the reasons he stated above for sending her away. You will understand whether it is easy....

3 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Whats the name of her church?
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by 2cul2care: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Wow what a tragic story, sorry for the betrayal, however am not an advocate of divorce, you're already married with a child, find a way to make your marriage work.

For those that are yet to marry shine your eye well well,never take anything or anyone at face value.

And @ OP that a person prophecies or is a prophet or prophetess doesn't mean the are holy or have the spirit of GOD, lots of them are using familiar spirits, shine your eye there are lots of fakes out there.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Michelle55: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
I keep saying it.. Any marriage built on lies and deceit is as good as been dead..
There was never a marriage in the first place talk more of divorce.
Always come clean during courtship as to let your partner know what they are really getting themselves into, if they are cool with your past and flaws, then every other thing is settled.
Op, if you are buoyant enough, get a place for her and your son then co parent.. Its not by force to stay married if you both are unhappy with the union.

Ladies, please keep it real to avoid stories like this.. Always remember that there's a man for every woman and same goes for men too.
There's really no need for the unnecessary drama of trying to keep up with the latest fashion and makeup accessories.

At the end of it all, your happiness and peace of mind is what really matters.. No let marriage wahala send you to an early grave

6 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by PeacenLove2: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yes she lied, yes she makes poor decisions and yes she is like many women of today, she won't be talked down and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

OP, you have a very bad habit of holding on to the past. You have a problem forgiving people which would never make you be able to appreciate whatever good comes your way. People who don't forgive have a hard time finding happiness because they are stuck in hate and their past.

I cannot tell you what to do now. I will never be a vessel to be used to destroy any union. You will make whatever decision pleases you. Whatever you do, don't let your innocent child take the heat.

I can only advise that you man up, discuss freely and fairly with your wife. You two can try meeting half way and compromise. Discuss future plans and let each party see for themselves if truly there is a future together or not. Most importantly, learn to forgive and also take responsibility. She lied, she is old, she pressured for sex and marriage. Oga, you sef take responsibility where obvious. Too much immaturity in adults these days, it's just so incredible. God hep you, sir.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by PeacenLove2: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lordsonn:
Her family members are attacking me spiritually. They are trying to hurt me and even end my life. For two weeks now, any time i sleep, I always fight with some members of her family in the dream

Chisos! Man, are you the young professor someone mentioned you might be? If so, our young ones are init! You are having dreams people are chasing you with intent to kill you? Really?

Dude, take some serious chill pill before you run out of your mind. You are experiencing anxiety. And you need to calm down as far as you know you did no harm to no one, no harm shall befall you.

Like I said earlier, you need to learn to let go and I hope you accord everyone with respect regardless. One-way traffic people like you can be very domineering. Oga, there are many ways to succeed. It can't be your way and your way alone. It's unimaginable that your wife would do all you listed and still her family will be after your life. Bad Nollywood script. And if true, bring God into your life and make sure you rid yourself of the hate and unforgiving spirit you have. Talk of being your own worst enemy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Faithfulmartins(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sir, don't ever let go of your child, she will surely manipulate your boy against you by playing the victim

5 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Allsingles: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lordsonn:
Greetings to you all. I want to go straight to the point. I opened this account because of my marital problems.

From the day I met my wife, she was after marriage. In less than two weeks of meeting her, she started pressurizing me to meet her family members which I succumbed to.

These are what she told me at the beginning of the relationship:

1) She had HND from Kaduna Polytechnics
2) She has a Diploma in Computer Science
3) She is a professional cake baker
4) She was three months pregnant
5) That she was 27 years

My discoveries after marriage:

1) She doesn’t have any HND, in fact, WAEC result
2) She cannot even connect the laptop to printer and print. She doesn’t know much about computers at all.
3) She doesn’t know how to bake a cake. I discovered that the cake I asked her to bake for me, she gave the contract to her friend.
4) She was never pregnant. She had fibroid and that made her tummy big
5) She was 33 years.

NOTE: the reasons why I believed all she told me at the beginning was because she was a prophetess in her church. She speaks in tongues and prophesies many times and most of the prophecies came to pass.

I was even surprised that in less than two weeks of our relationship, she made move for sex and we started having sex. I did not even think of pre-marital sex because I thought she was a holy woman.

The problems after marriage: several people began to beg me to forgive her and continue with the marriage. I find it difficult but she was still living in my house. I was just being forced by her family and her family members persuaded some of my family members to beg me too. I tried to love her but hatred for her was just building in my heart.

The fibroid surgery was successfully done and she got pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. I thought the coming of the child may make me forgive her but I could not recover from her betrayal. I even hate her more.

She wrote WAEC last session and got nine credits but the memory of her betrayal is giving me a lot of psychological trauma. I love an educated woman and cannot see myself glued to an illiterate woman in the name of marriage.

Major problems that made me sent her out:

1) She refused to go to my church. She always wants to go to her church and even wants me to join her there which I refused.
2) She doesn’t like education at all. She hates going to school and will never carry a book to read.
3) Anytime I have a disagreement with her, she will call her elder brother. And they will come and talk to me, sometimes in a very condescending manner
4) She is not submissive, very arrogant, and talks with anger, authoritatively.
5) She is a societal woman, she loves joining several associations of women and be going to meetings every Sunday which I don't like.
6) She value clothes more than a human being. She can use any money from the family purse to buy Holland is, lase, George, etc just to dress to her church for show off. I am an introvert but she is extremely extroverted.

I sent her out of my house three weeks ago. She is trying to come back in the disguise that she doesn’t want her child to be only one, that it will make the child suffer in the future but I told her I cannot allow her to my house again. I love my little child and I cannot live with such a woman who is full of lies and pretense. I just have hatred for such kind of people.

What do you think I should do?

Forgiveness is very important here.
She is doing all this because of the type of family members she has which is very bad.
Again she is not born again because the signs of the Holy Spirit living in her are not mentioned in your writing even though she can prophesy which God can use anyone else to do.
If she sincerely apologizes for her wrongs, you should forgive her and give her another chance but if she doesn't want to apologize by claiming she never did anything wrong, then move on with your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by blazer90707: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hmmm. Things are happening sha
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by omolasho: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
DopeDrugDealer:
I really pity Simps, only them go through these mumu situations. Nothing beats being a sharp\jasi guy.
I dey tell you!

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by omolasho: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
gamapoy539:
Fakè story
You are a toddler o grin
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by gamapoy539: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
James4bright:

What's so fake about the story? 70% of Nigerian women don't act differently from Op's wife.

They are manipulative and would do anything to get under a successful man.
Okaý
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by gamapoy539: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
omolasho:
You are a toddler o grin
Okaý

1 Like

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by gamapoy539: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
FatherBona:
[s][/s]
If you can't come up with a sound advice shut your trap and walk away!!!
Okaý
Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by omolasho: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
ichidodo:
CIA and FBI combined cannot match up to a woman when it comes to manipulation, espionage and subterfuge... especially when potency to lead to marriage is involved... That's why we must involve our mothers or elderly aunties to investigate our potential mates as it only takes a woman to catch a woman...Next time don't be a simp...
Gbam!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Ishilove: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
"I sent you to Nineveh, you went to Tarshish."

A marriage founded on lies is a marriage with a faulty foundation. It has to be rebuilt from foundation upwards. How you go about rebuilding it is entirely up to you.

When we tell people to fast, pray and investigate before marriage they will say we are too spirikoko. Now you see the outcome?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by ollypass: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
If they X ray your story very well..you are also a decietful man, when you dey knack her just 2 weeks into relationships..your dick no tell u to stop u be introvert she be extrovert..when she was giving prophesy that was coming true and you ma latch onto her hoping she will give you prophesy to change your financial condition you didn't know she likes lace and Hollandia and belonged to many society in church..now your done with the pussy to the extent of bearing you a child you want divorce so you can be free to peruse another young pussy may be from your school..go and repent from your decietful ways instead of looking for advice here

20 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
na waoh...u just married a liability

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Meteng: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
If you love yourself, stay away from her else you'll regret it in future

3 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by betterbest: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
You have nothing in common with your wife. And the marriage was built on Faulty foundation. Let her go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Shootingstar93(f): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
I believe this story to be true. I have a friend like that that is full of lies and deceit. She's already pressuring her bf of one year to Marry her, but guy man no gree.

She got pregnant this January to try and trap him but the guy told her and I quote "whatever u want to do to it, do to it" {I read the WhatsApp message}. He stopped picking her calls and she later aborted the baby by herself.

Her lies
1~ she's a graduate
2~ she's a makeup artist
3|~she's a tailor
4~ she's into event planning
5~she is part owner of a pageantry company

She's none of the above didn't even enter university sef. I just dey watch the drama unfold B4 my eyes cos she's living in the guy's house now and still hoping the guy marries her.

Whatever decision u make Mr Op, do what's best for u.

Choose a woman that gives u happiness. Ur wife can still change though, if given the chance.

She deceived u and I for one, would totally hate any man that traps me in a marriage of deceit. It's ur choice.

Had it been u dated her for long u would have known all her faults and habits. Most times, going to all these churches to look for spouse backfires cos most ladies that frequent them would do anything to get a husband and some are mistresses of PRETENCE. Believe me, I have one as a distant relative.

All in all, do what makes u happy. U don taste marriage nah come see say e no dey sweet as Dem dey talk.

Forgive her and try to make it WORK and also try to be happy.

If it doesn't again, let it not be heard or read that u didn't try ur BEST.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Karlifate: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
ollypass:
If they X ray your story very well..you are also a decietful man, when you dey knack her just 2 weeks into relationships..your dick no tell u to stop u be introvert she be extrovert..when she was giving prophesy that was coming true and you ma latch onto her hoping she will give you prophesy to change your financial condition you didn't know she likes lace and Hollandia and belonged to many society in church..now your done with the pussy to the extent of bearing you a child you want divorce so you can be free to peruse another young pussy may be from your school..go and repent from your decietful ways instead of looking for advice here
You get sense!
When greed meets with deciet.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by ugolinze123(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
The worst thing that could happen to any sane and matured man/woman is bringing your personal or marital problems to the disposal of kids and jambites on nairaland....my advice, you wear the shoe and you know where it pitches the most. Was in a similar situation with my wife before, about reporting me to her families each time we had little misunderstanding...did you know what I did?..I took it up as a man I am called the family never to meddle in my family affairs again or else would be sending back their daughter to em to take care of and see who shame go catch Las Las..(though wasn't going to do that anyway but I was mean) And I did same to my wife..I really understand how you feel married to somebody who really can't cover your ass at your absence educationally. But you have to think it through before your final decision. Review those marriage contract again. Dish out what you want and let her do same then if it doesn't tally and you both think it's better for a quit then it's mutual but if shes ready to change, yeah..a second chance is all we ask sometimes. give it a try but put more effort as the owner of the house to make things better and see how things go from there.... Enjoy

14 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Quelme: 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lordsonn:

Thanks. It is really affecting me. I am a lecturer in a private university, I lectured online yesterday via zoom, all the students and management discovered that something is wrong with me somewhere. I performed far below the way I used to lecture because i was really worried and depressed. I have another lecture by 4 pm today, I will try to look happy. They don't know what i'm passing through... i'm a young man of 33 years. the woman is even older than me, after i discovered her real age
I feel your pain brother. I don't know how to advise you but please just take some time out to reflect.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Truvel:
please,this thread is not 4 children,plz waka commot.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) by Biglittlelois(f): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lol all these guys going for churchy ladies thinking they are all saints, Pele, you've taken the first step which is separation, you can as well divorce her and have peace of mind.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Wife Gives Husband A List Of Chores To Do Before He Can Have Sex With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.