Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? (128535 Views)

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by chubby98: 1:09am On May 01, 2020
Most female genital organs return to normal within 6weeks of childbirth. However, sexual intercourse should be resumed when the woman is psychologically and physically ready/fit for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 1:14am On May 01, 2020
Zoie:

Do they know that one? Small thing and they're looking for means to chook eye outside. Selfish humans. undecided

Even if you give them, they'll still cheat. Sex doesn't keep a man. So, its better you take care of your health and be medically fit again before going into any vigorous exercise.

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Apination(m): 1:14am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:
At least, six months. So that the vaginal walls that expanded during delivery can can contract back to normal. My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume. Resuming almost immediately weakens the walls and getting them back together is usually difficult cos it was not given enough time to heal. And that is why mother's of today after one or two children have slack VJ and Begin to run to us for vagina tightening. That was why during our mothers time you hardly find women looking for vagina tightening remedy.

So 6 months to 1 year is fine. It will also help mother and child to stay healthy.
Yea, there was more than a wife available during "Their Time" I guess

3 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by bekpo(m): 1:16am On May 01, 2020
6 months after child birth
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by therajah: 1:17am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:
At least, six months. So that the vaginal walls that expanded during delivery can can contract back to normal. My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume. Resuming almost immediately weakens the walls and getting them back together is usually difficult cos it was not given enough time to heal. And that is why mother's of today after one or two children have slack VJ and Begin to run to us for vagina tightening. That was why during our mothers time you hardly find women looking for vagina tightening remedy.

So 6 months to 1 year is fine. It will also help mother and child to stay healthy.
Shes not asking how long before another pregnancy... she said how long b4 sex!!

4 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by yassinattah(m): 1:18am On May 01, 2020
Moji12:
It depends on the time you gave birth....
If it is in the morning you can do in the afternoon
If it is in the afternoon you can do the do in the evening n if in the evening you wait till the next morning undecided. Urgent answer and solution.
Oh my dear it is Ramadan or else I would have bought you Star Radler,But let me buy you I bowl of Fura da nono instead.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 1:23am On May 01, 2020
therajah:

Shes not asking how long before another pregnancy... she said how long b4 sex!!

And... Where did you see me mention child spacing? Please you guys suit yourselves. Make your contributions and leave my comment.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by chubby98: 1:23am On May 01, 2020
It shows the husband doesn't accompany her to the antenatal clinic. He should have benefited from the counseling/teaching on family planning/child spacing during the antenatal clinic. Men should learn to accompany their wives to antenatal clinic during pregnancy. It helps a lot.

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by yassinattah(m): 1:31am On May 01, 2020
Ndipe:
Ask your Gynecologist not Nairaland.
Who is a Gynecologist?
Reply:A Ghanian Doctor
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by GenSam(m): 1:34am On May 01, 2020
olabrinks:
she doesn’t know what she’s talking about please. She’s spreading false information on Nl, people will read her comment and will feel it’s necessary to wait one year after birth to have sex, all to remain ‘tight’. It’s a bunch of lies. It all depends on your genetics, your age and how much you tore during delivery. Do your kegels and sits bath, by 6 weeks you are medically and physically okay to resume sex and any healthy vagina should regain its normality. If you have to wait one year just to be normal, then maybe your vagina needs medical attention.

I totally agree with you.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Hargbo(m): 1:39am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

Buahahahahaaaa.. this your meme eh? I don laugh taya.
Well, like I said, there are other ways you can help relieve ogar without him necessarily penetrating. I mean ... It for your own good. As for me, that's what I'll do when I get married. Because after listening to complains of Young mothers who after child birth could not get their hooha back to size, I resolved within me to observe the full waiting period. Our mothers know better.

Hubby will have to chilax o because if anything goes wrong, they'll jump on the next available mhm.. Lol
what other ways o, kindly advise
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by davillian(m): 1:45am On May 01, 2020
Same time it takes lower animals to be ready for sex and we as an higher animal should do better than the lower animals...
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 1:57am On May 01, 2020
Ok.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by yassinattah(m): 1:58am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

Buahahahahaaaa. Please can somebody advise this uncivil fellow to stop getting herself worked up over a harmless opinion I made since morning and almost forgot I did? Like seriously, what's the hullabaloo all about?

Look, the last time I checked, opinions are like behinds and every body's got one.
If its for the likes you're clamoring, sorry you're ain't getting any with the way you're going about it.

Be civil.
Peace.

Are you a Doctor?

If you are,I'm highly disappointed in your earlier comment

If you aren't,then according to the Nigerian constitution,You have the freedom to err ur views and speak out even if it is complete nonsense or garbage or trash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by yassinattah(m): 1:59am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

Buahahahahaaaa. Please can somebody advise this uncivil fellow to stop getting herself worked up over a harmless opinion I made since morning and almost forgot I did? Like seriously, what's the hullabaloo all about?

Look, the last time I checked, opinions are like behinds and every body's got one.
If its for the likes you're clamoring, sorry you're ain't getting any with the way you're going about it.

Be civil.
Peace.

Are you a Doctor?

If you are,I'm highly disappointed in your earlier comment

If you aren't,then according to the Nigerian constitution,You have the freedom to err your views and speak out even if it is complete nonsense or garbage or trash.

5 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by dasparrow: 2:01am On May 01, 2020
I am guessing it depends on the woman in question whenever she is ready to submit her vagina for penetration again.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:03am On May 01, 2020
Buy him a flashlight.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by EmekaBlue(m): 2:09am On May 01, 2020
that same day but u go swim so no need
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Chartey(m): 2:10am On May 01, 2020
jaxxy:

So? Surgery won't heal?
I'm saying the CS has little to do with when the woman can resume sex. Surgical wound would have healed even before the six weeks max recommended.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Lillysbee: 2:27am On May 01, 2020
It does, just ask around you will get.

HarunaWest:

I don't think it ever gets tight again
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by larrypappyy(m): 2:27am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

A disciplined man will wait. Besides penetration is not the only way of relieving/satisfying sextual desires. The woman can help with other methods to relieve the hubby. So many ways.
are u married? i kno dat wen u get married, u'll kno beta.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by whitemand4(m): 2:34am On May 01, 2020
olabrinks:
Darling why I’m triggered is because some women after reading your post may start unnecessarily abstaining from sex because they believe your comment is factual. [/b]If you’re going to state your silly opinions on this thread, please make it very clear that it is your opinion,[b] because from the looks of it, you’re typing as if you’re a medical professional who knows what they’re talking about. You probably just made all of that up in your head.
Gbayii...

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by TruthSpeaker: 2:46am On May 01, 2020
3 months is fine, it all depends on how the pregnancy went. CS, normal delivery, complicaciones, etc.
It is up to a couple to decide. Imposing a time frame is not really that practical, neither is it right for a man to selfishly want to get back to business as usual so soon after delivery.
Postpartum depression can hinder some women from wanting to have some sex sessions soon after child birth.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:00am On May 01, 2020
6 hours
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Futuragetty: 3:04am On May 01, 2020
On the advice of my doctor, I refuse to comment.
However, I'd leave that decision to my partner.
I owe her greatly for the birthing of our son, Ezra.

grin cheesy the above would be my opinion in no distant time.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by TomMary(f): 3:06am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

Lmao ��� �� �� �� ��.... Basically my mom told me she has never stayed up to three weeks ... Her vagina was and is still very tight so please let's hear word abeg...

The walls of the vagina goes back to normal after delivery and only those with toothpick complain of wide p***y

One year fire
If I stay one month let me know why

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by DexterousOne(m): 3:13am On May 01, 2020
ednut1:
reasons why i feel monogamy is silly. In this days of sex raging men. The man should self-service for a year or meet side chicks

undecided

Communication and understanding is key to solve this

Besides.

Must you PENETRATE to "cure yourself"

There are other creative ways of having fun with madam

Anyways to each his own
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by DexterousOne(m): 3:15am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

A disciplined man will wait. Besides penetration is not the only way of relieving/satisfying sextual desires. The woman can help with other methods to relieve the hubby. So many ways.

Precisely my point
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Dominatrix(f): 3:17am On May 01, 2020
8 weeks is standard, as you have to let all the lochia go away. Your body needs to heal after some stressful wear and tear. But you could have sex as soon as you feel better and no longer bleeding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Say NO To Casual Sex!!! WARNING VERY Graphic pix!!! / Help!!! My Husband Is A One Minute Man, I Am Frustrated! / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.