Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 (37284 Views)

Monkeypox Is Now A Global Health Emergency - WHO DG, Tedros Ghebreyesus / Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Young People Are Not Immune From Coronavirus / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Confirmedzombie: 8:50am On Apr 30, 2020
The worst is that he appointed Ngozi okonjo iweala who is not a medical doctor an ambassador.

The man is incompetent and should as a matter of urgency resign now.

We also call on Ngozi okonjo iweala to resign her position as well.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by holafloyd(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2020
Toyeebh:
May Allaah ease our affairs in this country this not the best time to ease the lock down, I really feel sorry to our wrong thinking,

FG need to think twice before easing this lockdown.

I pray we won't regret this our action

My fellow nairalanders pls try and lock urself and family down, ur health is within ur hand ooo.

A ni se oribu ooooo, ireee o.
You are very correct, but hunger won't let us remain in lockdown... nothing is coming from the government...you just hear them call figures and it end up disappearing.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by byinks(f): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Being a leader is not easy i swear.

Who would have thought this pandemic would snowball into this catastrophic extent?

Tedros former boss Bill gates did !
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Focusmind: 8:52am On Apr 30, 2020
That's why most western countries usually object to appointing people from Africa and developing world into sensitive UN positions.

They are not usually strong and could easily be manipulated for lack of confidence and sometimes low self esteem.

I feel pity for the man. He must have been arm twisted by China. For one, he failed to call the virus "Wuhan Virus" against known previous ways of coding virus names.

Spanish flu - Spain
Ebola Virus - Ebola in Congo
Lassa Fever - Lassa town in Borno State
Korean swine flu - South Korea
Newcastle cow disease - Newcastle in England

Even Siamese twins came from a town named siamese in South East Asia.

Tsunami is also a town Indonesia.

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by blowjohn(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2020
sidieladaniel:
look at fools following Trump & Republicans talking point, the WHO may not be perfect becoz China lied in November but calling for the director to resign be is just stupid...Trump too should resign too becoz his intelligence agency briefed him & he ignored it & even called it a hoax he even praised China for their so called "transparency "

Have u been following the timeline of events? I mean concerning this man?
If u have u will even say that the man needs to be arrested and investigated.
Even CNN that is anti trump had to display a timeline of suspicious directives and submissions frm WHO
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
The WHO DG is in the best position to know that in scenarios like this, you prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.

Extreme measures should have been taking to give time to understand what we are dealing with.

Despite all the crude politics and semantic sophistry about declarations...
WHO duly warned the WORLD of the emergence of Covid in December of LAST YEAR!

Meanwhile, NOBODY has that they know “what we are dealing with”...
Covid is an ENTIRELY NEW pathogen and EVERYONE is learning and making it up as they go along.
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 8:56am On Apr 30, 2020
blowjohn:
Have u been following the timeline of events? I mean concerning this man?
If u have u will even say that the man needs to be arrested and investigated.
Even CNN that is anti trump had to display a timeline of suspicious directives and submissions frm WHO

WHO warned the WORLD of the emergence of Covid in December LAST YEAR!
All this vulgar semantic sophistry by folks trying to cover their national ineptitude (or blame the African) is pure GARBAGE!

>

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by stephenduru: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

He should be sacked with immediate effect. He is not a Medical Doctor but a bloody Microbiologist. He never know what it's like to take Hippocratic Oath. He should be fired before he uses Africa for vaccine testing...
Hey girl, don't be rude. I am a medical doctor but don't downgrade other people. Being a Microbiologist is not the reason he misfired
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

Despite all the crude politics and semantic sophistry about declarations...
WHO duly warned the WORLD of the emergence of Covid in December of LAST YEAR!

Meanwhile, NOBODY has that they know “what we are dealing with”...
Covid is an ENTIRELY NEW pathogen and EVERYONE is learning and making it up as they go along.
>

I repeat. The DG was in the best position to make the right choices. Prepare for the worst case scenario. Alert all nations to be on stand still on this matter until clearance comes.

Even after it was spreading, this same man refused to act. He made nations keep their airports open until it spread. I do not believe he intentionally did these things but his incompetency is alarming.

Just like NCDC and the Ministry of Health not pushing for the Government to channel resources into aggressive mass testing for Covid-19. It shows their incompetency. As they started aggressive testing in Lagos, see the amount of spread.

What about other States?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by sotall(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Bukasint post=89015261][/quote]

Sorry, you feel pained that a microbiologist is occupying that position . You cant do nothing . You can go kiss a power line if you like.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2020
This man did not cover up anything

He acted based on findings of Chinese scientists

he even declared covid-19 a global pandemic when the number of cases was below 100 and they were no deaths outside mainland China
bur some people want him to resign because the USA mismanaged the situation

He should not pay for Trump's ineptitude...it's not fair

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Angelfrost(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2020
His resignation is already moot at this point... This is because both UN and WHO have been moribund and useless for close to a decade now!

FIFA and uefa nearly went that way before immediate and dramatic shake ups were done.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by emro123(m): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2020
E no easy ooo...
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Jubrilx3: 9:04am On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Being a leader is not easy i swear.

Who would have thought this pandemic would snowball into this catastrophic extent?

That's why the next leader will not take anuthing for granted
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I repeat. The DG was in the best position to make the right choices. Prepare for the worst case scenario. Alert all nations to be on stand still on this matter until clearance comes.

Even after it was spreading, this same man refused to act. He made nations keep their airports open until it spreads. I do not believe he intentionally did these things but his incompetency is alarming.

Just like NCDC and the Ministry of Health not pushing for the Government to channel resources into aggressive mass testing for Covid-19. It shows their incompetency. As they started aggressive testing in Lagos, see the amount of spread.

What about other States?

What do you mean by right choices?
Covid-19 is a new virus, nobody knew anything about it(maybe except for china)

He acted based on the available information from the Chinese
He did what he had to do..he even declared it a global pandemic when they were 0 recorded deaths outside china..
Trump is simply blaming him because he failed to manage it properly...trump also downplayed the corona virus at first

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2020
infini771:
That guy sold W.H.O. to China. Taiwan raised an alarm early enough but they countered it.

WHO acted on the information by the Chinese government
not their fault
the covid-19 is a new virus, nobody knew anything it

You should not blame them because of that man that recommends drinking disinfectants says so
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by AMINDA: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
What about when the breakout started, this man refused to declare the Covid-19 spread a pandemic until it was too late.

The same man was the one issuing the self isolation theory instead of compulsory quarantine for returnees that is now being adopted by lots of Nations.

Pandemic: (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
He didn't declare it a pandemic because as at then, it wasn't a pandemic. Kindly google the meaning of pandemic, epidemic and endemic. The WHO works based on its guidelines, which the DG followed to the letter.
How did he issue the self isolation theory when China itself adopted forceful quarantine? The Chinese shutdown an entire city, forcefully welding people in their homes atimes and built a 1000 bed hospital in weeks. We all watched them do that, some of us even blamed them for being authoritarian.
Fun Fact: The US has no isolation center till date not to talk about enforcing quarantine. Their supposed lockdown was a joke. Less than one month, they were already protesting, while being encouraged by Trump. In China, Wuhan was locked down for 3 months. In the US, you are only admitted to the hospital when you are terribly sick irrespective of your covid 19 status.
Fun Fact: Covid 19 test and treatment is not free in the US. You've got to pay for that shit! God bless you if you have no health insurance, you'll be paying back for the rest of your life. Yet ignoramuses always shout what a wonderful healthcare system America has.

How is all these the fault of WHO or China?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2020
Toyeebh:
May Allaah ease our affairs in this country this not the best time to ease the lock down, I really feel sorry to our wrong thinking,

FG need to think twice before easing this lockdown.

I pray we won't regret this our action

My fellow nairalanders pls try and lock urself and family down, ur health is within ur hand ooo.

A ni se oribu ooooo, ireee o.

Let them ease it
I ve been on water since yesterday
I can't die of starvation
It's more horrible
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by infini771: 9:13am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

WHO acted on the information by the Chinese government
not their fault
the covid-19 is a new virus, nobody knew anything it

You should not blame them because of that man that recommends drinking disinfectants says so
No they are pro-China
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Kimbrielle(f): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Typical post of a wailer. Why calling for his head as if na him spread the virus. We are good at looking for who to blame in any unfortunate occurrence angry
Well said.

When people still believe that it is a scam and not real and they are foolishly spreading it how is it his fault

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by awesomely: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
so the incompetent man should be allowed to continue with his position? The mentality an average Nigerian man.

Kindly read again and highlight where I said the guy should continue.

His resignation is none of my concern, yes he has failed, and I personally don't think he should occupy that position because he is a misfit.

All I demand for, is finding solution such as vaccine which should be the priority.

I think the mentality you mentioned actually centers around your level of comprehension.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by thundafire: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2020
Dey man tried his best na Trump dey push for him resignation because he was very neutral and didn't want to start any blame accusations to China
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2020
Focusmind:
That's why most western countries usually object to appointing people from Africa and developing world into sensitive UN positions.

They are not usually strong and could easily be manipulated for lack of confidence and sometimes low self esteem.

I feel pity for the man. He must have been arm twisted by China. For one, he failed to call the virus "Wuhan Virus" against known previous ways of coding virus names.

Spanish flu - Spain

Bros, there’s NO town in Indonesia called Tsunami... grin

In fact, the word Tsunami is a JAPANESE term, with it’s earliest recorded use when a wave hit Sanriku on the Japanese coast...
However, the first tsunami-type waves were recorded in Greece in 426 BC, and was likely the cause of Alexandria’s destruction in 365 AD.

Meanwhile, why is Foot-and-Mouth Disease not called “Chicago FMD” (or “Venice FMD”), having witnessed the first recorded cases?
>

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Investnow2017: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2020
Focusmind:

Spanish flu - Spain

I think I agree with you. Remember China was a major key member of the Security Council that voted for his victory as the WHO president. So his loyalty may have been swayed.

It is not so much that he did not declare the virus as a pandemic on time, WHO's initial involvement was skeletal and China got him to treat the whole issue more as an in-house affair. Not so good for a global body. That is the anger if Trump.

And now here we are counting human losses every day. If everyone has under estimated the lethality and extensiveness of this virus, WHO as a watchdog should have operated at a much higher tempo, not taking chances, but that did not quite happen.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
so the incompetent man should be allowed to continue with his position? The mentality an average Nigerian man.

There are incompetent leaders in this world, the Nigerian president is one of them but Dr. tederos Ghebreyesus is not incompetent.

You also have the mentality of an average Nigerian, how would you declare him incompetent without knowing why he acted the way he did

he did what he had to do at the right time l..he declared this a pandemic when they were 0 deaths outside mainland China so how is it his fault that trump and some other world leaders mismanaged the situation in their country
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:
This man did not cover up anything

He acted based on findings of Chinese scientists

he even declared covid-19 a global pandemic when the number of cases was below 100 and they were no deaths outside mainland China
bur some people want him to resign because the USA mismanaged the situation

He should not pay for Trump's ineptitude...it's not fair

Prepare for a pandemic, says the World Health Organization, as the global spread of covid-19 soars by the hour. It’s not a matter of if, but when, say US health officials.

Yet so far the WHO refuses to actually call covid-19 a pandemic. Why?

The answer may lie with what kicks into gear when we deploy the P-word. Countries have pandemic plans that are launched when one is declared, but these plans may not be appropriate for combating covid-19 – and the WHO doesn’t want countries to lurch in the wrong direction.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the covid-19 virus already meets two of its three criteria for a pandemic: it spreads between people, and it kills.

The third is that it has to spread worldwide. The virus is now in 38 countries – and counting – on nearly all continents, and those are just the ones we know about. How much more worldwide does it need to be?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2235342-covid-19-why-wont-the-who-officially-declare-a-coronavirus-pandemic/

By 26th of February, they were still calls for Covid-19 to be declared a pandemic to enable countries execute their pandemic response plans but WHO under the guidance of this DG refused until March 11, 2020.

The fact is that he is incompetent.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by AreaFada2: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

He should be sacked with immediate effect. He is not a Medical Doctor but a bloody Microbiologist. He never know what it's like to take Hippocratic Oath. He should be fired before he uses Africa for vaccine testing...
Let's be fair. Many Western countries have medical doctors advising on and leading the govt fight against Covid 19. Yet many failed to lockdown at the right time. For fear of economic consequences.

Take UK for example. Italians warned UK to lockdown early to avoid Italian situation but UK didn't heed. Apportioning blame is easy. Especially with hindsight.

After WHO advised test, test, test, most countries didn't raise testing capacity.

Everybody should take their share of the blame humbly.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by amaridigital(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2020
bilulu:

Trump failed, he played politics with it at the initial stage that's why we re here today. Also the team Obama set up he disbanded them. That guy to me is responsible for all this nonsense not even WHO. He ignored all the indices

WHO DG deserve to be fired. No question about that but US President Trump deserve to be jailed. When our children read the history book about this pandemic in the future, Trump bad decisions and indecision will surely be obvious. He failed as a leader. Forget all his marcho man antic. He doesn't have the moral justification to point accusing fingers at others.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

WHO is NOT one-person...

It said that it had NO evidence when it had no evidence...
And as do as it had evidence of asymptomatic transmission, it published it.

That’s how SCIENCE (not crude politics) works!
>

I wish I have time to take you through the evidence lane, but I don't — a lot of work on my table already.

I would've taken you through his Tweeter messages with dates and compare them with reports from Chinese, Japanese, and German studies — not even talking of Taiwan findings.

I stopped watching TV because of the misinformation. As at first week of February, I knew the western world was in for a big trouble because they were incomprehensibly following the illogical guidelines from WHO.

Never again should a quota system politician head an organization as important as the WHO.

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2020
AMINDA:

Pandemic: (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
He didn't declare it a pandemic because as at then, it wasn't a pandemic. Kindly google the meaning of pandemic, epidemic and endemic. The WHO works based on its guidelines, which the DG followed to the letter.
How did he issue the self isolation theory when China itself adopted forceful quarantine? The Chinese shutdown an entire city, forcefully welding people in their homes atimes and built a 1000 bed hospital in weeks. We all watched them do that, some of us even blamed them for being authoritarian.
Fun Fact: The US has no isolation center till date not to talk about enforcing quarantine. Their supposed lockdown was a joke. Less than one month, they were already protesting, while being encouraged by Trump. In China, Wuhan was locked down for 3 months. In the US, you are only admitted to the hospital when you are terribly sick irrespective of your covid 19 status.
Fun Fact: Covid 19 test and treatment is not free in the US. You've got to pay for that shit! God bless you if you have no health insurance, you'll be paying back for the rest of your life. Yet ignoramuses always shout what a wonderful healthcare system America has.

How is all these the fault of WHO or China?

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the covid-19 virus already meets two of its three criteria for a pandemic: it spreads between people, and it kills.

The third is that it has to spread worldwide. The virus is now in 38 countries – and counting – on nearly all continents, and those are just the ones we know about. How much more worldwide does it need to be?

This DG messed up. There is no excuse to cover it up. By the call to declare this a pandemic was long before the excerpt quoted. Yet the man refused.

His inactions caused people to lose lives all over the World.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2020
Investnow2017:
I think I agree with you. Remember China was a major key member of the Security Council that voted for his victory as the WHO president. So his loyalty may have been swayed.

It is not so much that he did not declare the virus as a pandemic on time, WHO's initial involvement was skeletal and China got him to treat the whole issue more as an in-house affair. Not so good for a global body. That is the anger if Trump.

And now here we are counting human losses every day. If everyone has under estimated the lethality and extensiveness of this virus, WHO as a watchdog should have operated at a much higher tempo, not taking chances, but that did not quite happen.

With all due respect, nonsense...
The WHO DG is elected by ALL member states (sitting as the World Health Assembly).
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex And Masturbation May Hamper Ebola Eradication Efforts / Lifeless Body Of An Unidentified Boy Found In Maiduguri (photos) / I'll Be Undergoing Colon Cancer Surgery Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.