Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

"Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) (67868 Views)

Shameless Ministry Of Finance Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Amalekki: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
XshegzzyeeiX:

To an extent, I agree with you.
But yunno, the leaders must lay good foundation which will only be achieved through discipline, good governance, transparency and accountability.
The leaders that must lay the foundation are within the family unit. Before anybody becomes a leader several formative years are spent within the family unit. By the time the mantle falls on them they are already fully formed. When majority of Nigerians understand the real problem then we are truly on our way towards lasting success. If we stumble on good leaders who can lay the foundation then that's a bonus but he must expect serious fightback as a minority until the foundation is right.

We the people are the problem and we produce our leaders. That's why the effective outcome is similar under different leaders from 1960 till date e.g. we still shout Up NEPA today grin
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by AmazingELixir: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
paulolee:

u jus told me to sharrap na...abi sharrap don turn greetings?? no yawa sha..mixing both non intentionally bt i tink it may be bcoz d lockdown always gat my brain tinking of Bleep based on idle mind na devil workshop na...no vex...go try de check am

grin

Ok I apologise
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nairalandmonika: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
rottennaija:

And the Italy, France, Spain mentioned there? Buhari is not your life's problem. You are.
In the middle of a pandemic, when America had issues with testing kit, Italy did send testing kit to America.
Abeg watin Nigeria don give other countries as the giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by iammolise(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
frankmoney:
We actually need the ventilators.... It depends on how you interpret it . To me what he meant is just that the country really needs it , not like they have sold the country or anything . In my opinion

Sounded more to me like "shit hole will be needing these ventilators to breath" undecided

But all the same we'll need all the help and assistance we can get pride/reputation asides, it's a global problem that the all human race need to join hands together to defunct. This thing is not child's play, it's a war for existence between the human race and this epidemic.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Faithful007: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
swetjo:
What about the ventilators produced in Nigeria
we will send them to the US grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by bjtinz: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

Says who? Covid 19 is a respiratory disease. If it catches you, plus all the other symptoms, the mother of it all is that it seizes your breaths making your gasping for breath. That is where ventilator comes him to help pump your long with air so you don’t give up immediate even before treatment comes.

Just to educate you and others that don’t know like you.

The point is by the time it gets to the point of requiring a ventilator, prognosis usually not too good.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
hardon1:
what is trump saying? dont know if this news is true sha.... because i believe the US dont have enough ventilators to support themselves, let alone lending to another county.

is it not same USA china was helping with 1000 ventilators

It’s because you want to keep dwelling on stale new. The latest now is that the US has more than enough ventilators with so many being stockpiled for future use and many being sent to Europe

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by bjtinz: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
By the way, whats the big deal about it?

USA has excess and NIGERIA needs.

USA sends excess to Nigeria.

Pray, why are some people deriving multiple orgassms from the gesture??
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
bjtinz:

The point is by the time it gets to the point of requiring a ventilator, prognosis usually not too good.

Says who? You must be the best scientist the world has ever seen because you know more than international community and WHO. Go tell that to all the doctors on the frontline

Ventilator helps you hang on until you recover. Many people have been off ventilator because it helped them hang on and not gasp to death and they eventually recovered and got off it

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
Amalekki:

The leaders that must lay the foundation are within the family unit. Before anybody becomes a leader several formative years are spent within the family unit. By the time the mantle falls on them they are already fully formed. When majority of Nigerians understand the real problem then we are truly on our way towards lasting success. If we stumble on good leaders who can lay the foundation then that's a bonus but he must expect serious fightback as a minority until the foundation is right.

We the people are the problem and we produce our leaders. That's why the effective outcome is similar under different leaders from 1960 till date e.g. we still shout Up NEPA today grin
So thoughtful and well explained.
You've earned a follower.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by rahymrafiu(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nawao, Nigeria is turning something else

When we pack a good leadership ; kiss undecided
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by somehow: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
just like america is doing everything to get face masks including coveting consigments meant for france!

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by alezzy13: 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Trump has failed Americans
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by igbowoman: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Shebi the thing need electricity sef?
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by proprince(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
frankmoney:
We actually need the ventilators.... It depends on how you interpret it . To me what he meant is just that the country really needs it , not like they have sold the country or anything . In my opinion

Just my point.
You are very right.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Ubanz: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
My heart bleeds whenever I see our leaders turning us to an almajiri nation.
We have individuals and corporate entities capable of producing ventilators, but here we re, instead of supporting them we want to stoop down low and beg. Ok, make una go beg Senegal for ventilators, abi dat one na made in Africa?

America too don't have enough ventilators, their health workers are complaining of going to the Frontline without PPE.
Do they hv shame at all?
Just a few months ago as China were battling Covid-19, our national assembly were busy approving loans from a country in the middle of a war with pandemic.

What really do our political class want, having sold their shame in the market place?
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by vertueptime: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nice write up, na the last part bafful me.

XshegzzyeeiX:
Yes, we will do anything to get ventilators when we could have had more than enough, and even lend to neighbouring African countries.
Blame this shameful incompetence on the lackadustral attitude of our leaders.
They're have zero empathy for the populace and will rather loot billions of dollars instead of investing in the corntree's health sector.
I just feel Trump is having fun as he pokes and toys at the Mr. President's brain.
Afterall, this nation is a shithole to him.
We are short of ventilators due to the gross indiscipline, greed, corruption and non-challant attitude of our leaders.
Doom will come upon y'all that are hell bent on tearing this nation into shreds.
Pleeeeeeaaase help.
There's nothing for me and my daughter to eat, and my neighbour that sells garri wont sell on credit because I owe her N1500 for the last two paint rubber I've collected during the lockdown.
God bless the givers, 0120,7863,06 gtb.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by lastempero: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
2by40ft:
The guy above me is always afraid people ll criticised the Trump for the Dumb thing he's saying.

Its like he has visa issue.

Stop been sentimental,we can do anything to have it because we dont have it and can do anything about it.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by XshegzzyeeiX: 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
vertueptime:
God's provision upon all and sundry.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Odingo1:
Press conference and live broadcast, let Buhari do that and answer questions from public

Nigeria have a hiding President that cannot appear in public.
No he is not hiding,he is shy according Rotimi Amaechi. He is shy to his responsibilities but not shy in borrowing 4rm IMF,World Bank,not shy in d oda room, not shy in sending expired rice as palliatives to his citizenries,not shy in appointing dead fifle etc. Me amu not shy but ashamed at d kind of lifeless dullard,dummy we've over there.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Sarah20A(f): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nigeria leaders are very useless if not the most useless set of people in the world....many individuals and universities are creating ventilators.just the other day uniben made announcement of creating ventilators that could sustain for an hour after electrical disconnection but this clueless government prefer to b asslicking dependent countries.

They don't want to invest in talents of their citizens all they are good at is embezzlement and corruption.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by paulolee(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingELixir:

grin

Ok I apologise
no p..we good...na d lockdown boredom cos am..no even kno wen i shout 4 my pa ysterday on call...still de pray mk e pik ma call after i don send am text mk e no vex n mk e send d bar wey he promised me...we good ma gee
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by ada9ja(f): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
really?... Nobody should come here and insult Trump o.

I don't blame him. This country is led by a "lifeless" beggar.

Bubu the mumu, Always begging for loan, Begging for ventilators now.

Nigeria is a dreg in the comity of nations, That's what happens when a dullard is at the helm of affairs. I weep for this country.

We have been begging since 1999 and shut up
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by 2by40ft: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Centcanada:
what wrong Has Trump done? Poverty freaking mentality!
Inferiority and delusion won't let you see his gaffes
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
Use of ventilator in a Covid-19 respiratory distress may accelerate deterioration of patients condition. This was why the UK doctors resisted putting Boris Johnson on ventilator while in ICU for 3days
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Obec70(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thought they told us he put a call through to PMP? abi na de faal out bi dis?
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by donnie(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
Dem don see us finish... Follow-follow pipu.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Truthbites: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
frankmoney:

Then I pity u and your manner of understanding spoken English. So u didn't smell sarcasm in Trump's statement?...Trump meant it and of course he's mocking us. Do u think these leaders don't know what obtains here? Trust me, they know. The world is now a global village and there are satellites too. Social media is there. They have their citizens here, Nigerians are abroad. So everyone knows. They have Google Earth. The World knows we are beggars,they know we are suffering, they know our president is cloned (or something is unusual)...so be there and be thinking Trump didn't mock or insult us.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hope d shy,dullard president knows that d ventilators is for covid-19 and not for kovit...one...nine...birus
borrow borrow president,very soon u'll borrow from d spirit world.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Temitogab: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Are u sure bubu hear trump on phone very sound and clear. Am not sure bubu was the one that talk with trump someone did on his behalf
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by chewwie(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Throwback:
While USA will do anything for face masks, including lamenting that other countries are highjacking their import orders.
That was 2 months ago, their private companies made millions of masks and they don't even need that much
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by goshen26: 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Honestly, this should come from Buhari... Even if you multiply our current numbers by 3, we are still far better off than Trump's America.

Most Africans including their leaders can't help feeling inferior to these foreign idiots!!!

Ur head correct bro

If it was Africa that's facing wat the white are facing now u know how the treatment would be towards africans by the white

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Best Dental Clinic In Lagos, Nigeria? / Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.