Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

"Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) (67855 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
RaptorX:
Ventilators are basically useless in treating Covid -19 patients.

Says who? Covid 19 is a respiratory disease. If it catches you, plus all the other symptoms, the mother of it all is that it seizes your breaths making your gasping for breath. That is where ventilator comes him to help pump your long with air so you don’t give up immediate even before treatment comes.

Just to educate you and others that don’t know like you.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by West2019(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
China want to snach Nigerian from American now American wake up to do all things to bring Nigerian back. Trump know what is doing ,let's forget is playing politics

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by linearity: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
frankmoney:
We actually need the ventilators.... It depends on how you interpret it . To me what he meant is just that the country really needs it , not like they have sold the country or anything . In my opinion

So, you think Trump will be sending 200 ventilators to Nigeria out of the goodness of his heart?

Plus, I think the emphasis is misplaced. Ventilators are great, but they are a very minute portion of this fight. When a patient gets to the point of needed to be intubated, it is almost too late as about 95% of intubated patients die eventually.

He should have been discussing treatment drug protocol and vaccines with Trump and how Trump can help Nigeria in those fronts.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by donjancd19(m): 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
What Trump meant was that, Nigeria needs ventilators.That's English language for you,unfortunately some people here don't understand English language.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by paulolee(m): 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingELixir:

grin grin grin

Where is the insult there......besides why are you mixing "X" for "S" in your write up.
u jus told me to sharrap na...abi sharrap don turn greetings?? no yawa sha..mixing both non intentionally bt i tink it may be bcoz d lockdown always gat my brain tinking of Bleep based on idle mind na devil workshop na...no vex...go try de check am
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
West2019:
China want to snach Nigerian from American now American wake up to do all things to bring Nigerian back. Trump know what is doing ,let's forget is playing politics

China is the new colonizer. Putting Africa into unforgivable generational debts

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by naijaman2225(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
baristeredme:
That's true talk from a true leader of a true nation. Our leaders are lifeless
TRUE NATION YES... BUT NOT TRUE LEADER... AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT S**T ABOUT THE THE MAN BEING 'GOD ORDAINED'.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by jossy4elated(f): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
The lifeless one disgracing us from time immemorial. Niger Area, which way

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by larrysworld: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bukden16:

He mentioned other countries that maybe in need of help.
But he categorically said Nigeria will do anything.

I get what you are trying to say and honestly see your point of view but what I am trying to explain is that in the western world they have slangs and colloquialism that is very common to certain countries. What Trump said is what an average American on the road will say to each other and they don't take it literally. An example is someone can say to you 'Knock yourself out'; they don't mean to beat yourself up but to 'carry on' or 'enjoy yourself'.
When they say someone will 'do anything for something' they don't mean it literally but they are saying the person really needs the thing and desperate to get it.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
this is not diplomatic from Trump.
someone should tell him that we've got 4, already in Anambra
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
donjancd19:
What Trump meant was that, Nigeria needs ventilators.That's English language for you,unfortunately some people here don't understand English language.

Exact! Trump is simply saying Nigeria will do everything to protect her citizens. But English comprehension is a problem to most of these lazy youths on nairaland

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
donjancd19:
Nigeria will do Anything for ventilator,, haha I guess Trump was speaking Latin
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by nkemjika6006(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
THIS IS TO TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT AMERICA IS. DESPITE THEIR CHALLENGES THEY STILL EXTEND THEIR BENEVOLENCE TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by SeverusSnape(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
PassingShot:
Your frustration hasn't abated! Wonderful cheesy
Your ZOMBIEsm hasn't ceased! Wonderful cheesy
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

Exact! Trump is simply saying Nigeria will do everything to protect her citizens. But English comprehension is a problem to most of these lazy youths on nairaland
oga the sentence sounds more of a mockery compliment... don't come here and claim Itk
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Grgton:
Nigeria will do Anything for ventilator,, haha I guess Trump was speaking Latin

Nigeria will do anything to protect her citizens. That’s the meaning of that statement. Try to understand English
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Ezmans: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
2by40ft:
The guy above me is always afraid people ll criticised the Trump for the Dumb thing he's saying.

Its like he has visa issue.
Afonjas come & defend your master, Trump has come again, NIGERIA CAN DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF VENTILATORS

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nigeria will import anything both London used ventilators and China used ventilators
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Kayharry(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
More like bubu will give Trump Mouth Action to get 200 ventilator.

Bubu will lick Trump ass to get ventilator .

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

Nigeria will do anything to protect her citizens. That’s the meaning of that statement. Try to understand English
that was a self comprehensive sentence, did Trump said anything about Nigeria protesting her citizens with those ventilators?
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by MotiveU(f): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
really?... Nobody should come here and insult Trump o.

I don't blame him. This country is led by a "lifeless" beggar.

Bubu the mumu, Always begging for loan, Begging for ventilators now.

Nigeria is a dreg in the comity of nations, That's what happens when a dullard is at the helm of affairs. I weep for this country.
Hmm take it easy..
It will so get better
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Grgton:
oga the sentence sounds more of a mockery compliment... don't come here and claim Itk

I understand. With Nigerian way of reason. It sounds more like a mockery to Nigerians. But to the actual English speakers, it’s not.

I know this because, living in the US, many way of expression that would be considered an insult in Nigeria, it’s not an insult in the US. The same applies to what Trump said.

For instance, if I told a Nigerian that he is crazy. He would be offended. But to an American, it simply mean you are unbelievable or weirdly surprising. It’s even fun saying that. That’s just one out of many
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

I understand. With Nigerian way of reason. It sounds more like a mockery to Nigerians. But to the actual English speakers, it’s not.

I know this because, living in the US, many way of expression that would be considered an insult in Nigeria, it’s not an insult in the US. The same applies to what Trump said.

For instance, if I told a Nigerian that he is crazy. He would be offended. But to an American, it simply mean you are unbelievable or weirdly surprising
whatever ! Nigeria isn't impressing the international community in terms of the assumption of being Africa's leader
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

For instance, if I told a Nigerian that he is crazy. He would be offended. But to an American, it simply mean you are unbelievable or weirdly surprising. It’s even fun saying that. That’s just one out of many
Trump once again has indirectly insulted our con3 , first Was The name lifeless and shithole
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by drakeli: 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Grgton:
that was a self comprehensive sentence, did Trump said anything about Nigeria protesting her citizens with those ventilators?

1:Nigeria will do anything for her citizen protection

2:Nigeria will do anything for ventilators (since we know the ventilator are meant to treat Nigerians)

My question is, why do you have a problem with the latter and not the former?

It’s just a matter of comprehension
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by KenModi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
XshegzzyeeiX:
Yes, we will do anything to get ventilators when we could have had more than enough, and even lend to neighbouring African countries.
Blame this shameful incompetence on the lackadustral attitude of our leaders.
They're have zero empathy for the populace and will rather loot billions of dollars instead of investing in the corntree's health sector.
I just feel Trump is having fun as he pokes and toys at the Mr. President's brain.
Afterall, this nation is a shithole to him.
We are short of ventilators due to the gross indiscipline, greed, corruption and non-challant attitude of our leaders.
Doom will come upon y'all that are hell bent on tearing this nation into shreds.
Pleeeeeeaaase help.
There's nothing for me and my daughter to eat, and my neighbour that sells garri wont sell on credit because I owe her N1500 for the last two paint rubber I've collected.
God bless the givers, 0120,7863,06 gtb.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, not its leaders.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hahahahaha president Buhari spoke with which Trump Buhari will be the last person Trump will like to speak with at the Moment because he knew the man will end up saying absolutely nothing or out of sense
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
KenModi:

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, not its leaders.
To an extent, I agree with you.
But yunno, the leaders must lay good foundation which will only be achieved through discipline, good governance, transparency and accountability.
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
drakeli:

1:Nigeria will do anything for her citizen protection

2:Nigeria will do anything for ventilators (since we know the ventilator are meant to treat Nigerians)

My question is, why do you have a problem with the latter and not the former?

It’s just a matter of comprehension
Trump be like Nigeria may borrow from IMF for ventilators.. hahaha. Trump likes cracking jokes with Nigeria eps in this buhari regime
Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by patwilly(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
frankmoney:
We actually need the ventilators.... It depends on how you interpret it . To me what he meant is just that the country really needs it , not like they have sold the country or anything . In my opinion
Exactly. Its an American way of speaking sort of an euphemism that Nigeria very much needs ventilators.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Amalekki: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
patwilly:

Exactly. Its an American way of speaking sort of an euphemism that Nigeria very much needs ventilators.
Absolutely correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Do Anything For Ventilators" - Donald Trump (video) by Ezmans: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
baristeredme:
That's true talk from a true leader of a true nation. Our leaders are lifeless
My younger brother living in cape-verde island in West Africa here, was paid 200 dollars about 84,000 naira as palliative, while some zombies are here telling me that nigeria is giant of Africa, while hungry People here are still waiting for rice & People without up 5000 naira in there account are still waiting for audio alert since two months, please I get it before is not a property look for your future.People that are buying luxury property in ikoyi 20 years ago are not the ones buying property there now, every child grows that is life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Best Dental Clinic In Lagos, Nigeria? / Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.