Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus (36409 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Bahdsypha(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
kayrichy:
Are you telling me chloroquine passed through clinical trials already in a novel disease which is just five months old...abegi...the side effects are more than the benefit
The essence of the efficacy of a drug should be less toxicity and side effects but unfortunately chloroquine has more toxicity Nd side effects

On 12 April, a preliminary clinical trial conducted at a hospital in Brazil was stopped when several people given high doses of chloroquine for COVID‑19 infection developed irregular heart rates, causing eleven deaths.
According to Johns Hopkins' ABX Guide for COVID‑19, "HCQ may cause prolonged QT, and caution should be used in critically ill COVID‑19 patients who may have cardiac dysfunction or if combined with other drugs that cause QT prolongation".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
urchcoded:
Ancedotal reports are not sufficient to recommend a wide use of a drug

You learnt that word during this crisis and you are now mimicking it now without even knowing the meaning cheesy cheesy Africans oooooo
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by themonk(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Caused more deaths than respirators? Shallow people everywhere

You are an idiot. The reason more people die on ventilators is because more sickly people are put there. Look at the reviews to that information you put there, it’s like saying more people die at war. Doesn’t make sense most of you are just plain dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by jrusky(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Corporate2020:

Go and read the report again. The governor said he was treated with chloroquine and Zithromax when he contacted COVID-19 and was in Isolation Centre and that he was healed. That is why he is now recommending it.

Pls ignore him. I support the governor in as far no abuse of it.

How can the entire world failed to even get common effective vaccine for this virus is appalling.

If the Choloquine and the other drug works then it should be use enough is enough of sitting waiting for death helplessly.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kvin33: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
I recall CNN screaming that MASKS don't work and the rubbish was repeated on this site. NOTHING cures a virus! Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack is a treatment and it works and AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE HEART DISEASE it is completely SAFE. It gives your immune system the space (in a manner of speaking) to fight it off. Remdesivir does the same thing, the only thing is Remdesivir is patented and profitable and Hydroxy is NOT. Americans don't want Trump to kill the market for Remdesivir that is the ONLY problem. BOTH WORK and are being USED worldwide despite the deliberate SMOKE CNN is creating to defend their major advertiser. COVID-19 is big business whether we like it or not.

5 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kemii6283: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
[color=#] 1560601[/color]
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
ikabasa1:
the lockdown is really affecting your brain. When America president made that statement, you all rush to get chloroquine.
No mind them. I'm for anything that works.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by themonk(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Sharap you are just a shallow empty person that knows nothing !!!!! Absolutely nothing
Shut up and read people’s reaction to that article you recommended. Most of you don’t have sense.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Diiet: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
googi:
I have written this on another thread but I think it is worth repeating. When we are desperate, we look for anything to cure us.

I do not think Hydroxychloroquine or Remdesivir should be the choice of cure for this deadly virus we are still struggling with.

There are other drugs out there that are being tested along, not to mention traditional home remedies used as prevention before any flu or disease sets in.

What is surprising in all of these is how we are ready to crucify and even ignore our own masks and respirators from Innoson, Ilaro Politech, Abuja and from Senegal

While some of us celebrate the man who prescribe disinfectants as cure.

What is wrong with us?
The Gov said he used it and it cured him, there are hundreds of people with thesame testimony,so why should people not be using it? Is it because you are enjoying the lockdown or what?

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by BruncleZuma: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Seun, you need a mod to manage this coronavirus topics else you'd have clowns like that Fox News spokesman spreading disinformation on your platform.

Give it, its own section or bring in the mods in the Health Section.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by OhiOfIhima: 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Very irresponsible statements for a state governor to make.

What make the governor's quote irresponsible? He is an index in d state, he must have proved beyond doubts that d said drugs combination is effective.

He came out boldly to make people know that Coronavirus is not a death sentence as the world proclaim it.

The Governor hit it hard on the scam NCDC n its employers. Fvck WHO n it mischievous CNN, fox and others!

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Will you keep quiet , was it not the same combination he took? I am beginning to think it's either some of you sold your brain at birth or you are working for satan
So if he ate Tuwo we can conclude he recovered because of Tuwo?

That is not logical.
That he took chloroquine does not prove anything anymore than
We can conclude a person survived a car crash because he took chloroquine that morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by ityP(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
googi:
I have written this on another thread but I think it is worth repeating. When we are desperate, we look for anything to cure us.

I do not think Hydroxychloroquine or Remdesivir should be the choice of cure for this deadly virus we are still struggling with.

There are other drugs out there that are being tested along, not to mention traditional home remedies used as prevention before any flu or disease sets in.

What is surprising in all of these is how we are ready to crucify and even ignore our own masks and respirators from Innoson, Ilaro Politech, Abuja and from Senegal

While some of us celebrate the man who prescribe disinfectants as cure.

What is wrong with us?

Senegal have recorded ONLY two deaths. They have the highest recovery rate in Africa and 3rd highest in the globe. Chloroquine is what they give to patients who tests positive to the virus. The world is hailing them now

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
themonk:

Shut up and read people’s reaction to that article you recommended. Most of you don’t have sense.

Chloroquine works a 100 percent and Bauchi State is another proof , they have used it on all their patients including the governor and achieved 100 percent recovery with ZERO death and yet think your opinion as a daft CNN parrot matters at this point ...Shallow people everywhere with no sense and old toyotas , abeg gerrout
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Teymanhenry(f): 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
I think he is right. I rather take chloroquine which side effect is skin itching and get treated of covid-19 than stay and wait for another medicine that I dunno when its gonna come... tested and trusted is way better

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by CanadaOrBust: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
Prof. Maurice Iwu has come up with a more reliable remedy it would do our country better if we patronize him instead of chloroquine that the confused President of USA is touting about.

The old Maurice Iwu cure grin grin
He had the cure even b4 China invented Covid19
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Wickedfact: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
I'm looking at a lot of people saying chloroquine doesn't work. You people don't know what is going on.

As at today, Hydroxychloroquine is about 25k in pharmacies and you won't even see it to buy. That is what is used in conjunction with Zinc to treat Covid-19 patients. That stuff works wonders but they are trying to discredit it so that Remedesivir and other new drugs can make cool billions of dollars.

Those who died from chloroquine intake died from overdose and wrong dosage. If you overdose on even vitamin C tablets, it would kill you.

Chloroquine doesn't work, abi? Stay there. Medical and health practitioners are secretly stocking hydroxychloroquine for use by their family members.

4 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kaa4(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
kvin33:
I recall CNN screaming that MASKS don't work and the rubbish was repeated on this site. NOTHING cures a virus! Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack is a treatment and it works and AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE HEART DISEASE it is completely SAFE. It gives your immune system the space (in a manner of speaking) to fight it off. Remdesivir does the same thing, the only thing is Remdesivir is patented and profitable and Hydroxy is NOT. Americans don't want Trump to kill the market for Remdesivir that is the ONLY problem.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] BOTH WORK and are being USED worldwide despite the deliberate SMOKE CNN is creating to defend their major advertiser. COVID-19 is big business whether we like it or not.

That's the problem. It is all about profit and money making. The IMF even said life first, but everything points to money making in the pandemic that is bringing economies down.

Why can't we go the way of Madagascar?!
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Bevmo: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
BEEFIE:
is the govnor a doctor...why are people bent on knowing musa more than musa mother
You sick. That was what they used to treated him off the virus. It's safe to recommend it too.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Diiet:

The Gov said he used it and it cured him, there are hundreds of people with thesame testimony,so why should people not be using it? Is it because you are enjoying the lockdown or what?

Bauchi, according to records, has only had 29 Coronavirus cases so far, and only 6 recovered. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by elyte89: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
AmazingMOG:
From next week I’ll be going to each isolation centers to pray for the sick

The world government has failed

Atheism has failed

Islamist has failed

Now the world must know that knowing Jesus is the only way to eternal life and healthy living in this world

NB: be very careful when quoting me, am not your normal preacher I am a prophet of fire. I’ll open the gate of hell for you and household if you can’t caution yourself when replying to my message.

I declare the end of coronavirus the root has been cut off in Jesus name

If I be a man of God!

DIDIRIN sad

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Cantonese: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Result corrupt DNA in his Gene which is PDP

Your head like agama lizard head. Muntula.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Much respect. I throwway Salute to you Mr. Governor. However, the treatment is most effective if used at the early stage. So massive testing must take place to discover cases early to administer treatment.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

What make the governor's quote irresponsible? He is an index in d state, he must have proved beyond doubts that d said drugs combination is effective.

He came out boldly to make people know that Coronavirus is not a death sentence as the world proclaim it.

The Governor hit it hard on the scam NCDC n its employers. Fvck WHO n it mischievous CNN, fox and others!
So the international medical system are ignorant.

There is a way to prove if drugs work and it is not this way.

Most people with coronavirus

Once again MOST do not require any treatment. Their bodies fight it off .

Those who DO are treated for symptoms like fever with paracetamol.

In Nigeria malaria is common and so chloroquine may help a few people but malaria in Nigeria now is largely chloroquine resistant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Goovo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
OgaHector:
How is this news?
are u OK?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Result corrupt DNA in his Gene which is PDP

You're a foolish fellow.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by CanadaOrBust: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
BEEFIE:
is the govnor a doctor...why are people bent on knowing musa more than musa mother

Well, Musa’s mother may not know her son smokes ganja
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by ityP(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
kayrichy:
Are you telling me chloroquine passed through clinical trials already in a novel disease which is just five months old...abegi...the side effects are more than the benefit
The essence of the efficacy of a drug should be less toxicity and side effects but unfortunately chloroquine has more toxicity Nd side effects

Chloroquine was banned in Nigeria, not because of its toxicity or side effects but mainly due to the increasing emergence of chloroquine-resistant strains of the malaria parasite. In other words, malaria parasite developed resistance to the drug. It was a cheap and wonderful drug during those years of its effectiveness

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kayrichy: 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Still the same thing I said earlier the prolonged QT interval ,abnormal ECG ,diarrhea and all are all adverse effects of chloroquine but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work...personally I have treated patients with chloroquine and the got better...I am sure it was a doctor who also prescribed chloroquine to the Bauchi state governor..I give patient who are surely above 18years old
Bahdsypha:

On 12 April, a preliminary clinical trial conducted at a hospital in Brazil was stopped when several people given high doses of chloroquine for COVID‑19 infection developed irregular heart rates, causing eleven deaths.
According to Johns Hopkins' ABX Guide for COVID‑19, "HCQ may cause prolonged QT, and caution should be used in critically ill COVID‑19 patients who may have cardiac dysfunction or if combined with other drugs that cause QT prolongation".
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
So if he ate Tuwo we can conclude he recovered because of Tuwo?

That is not logical.
That he took chloroquine does not prove anything anymore than
We can conclude a person survived a car crash because he took chloroquine that morning.

Since you want to remain dull I will allow you ,..the governor was clear that his doctors has used it on all patients in his state and achieved 100 percent recovery with Zero death yet a CNN parrot who doesn't have a better solution wants to come here and argue needlessly .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared / This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.