Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus (36405 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

So the international medical system are ignorant.

There is a way to prove if drugs work and it is not this way.

Most people with coronavirus

Once again MOST do not require any treatment. Their bodies fight it off .

Those who DO are treated for symptoms like fever with paracetamol.

In Nigeria malaria is common and so chloroquine may help a few people but malaria in Nigeria now is largely chloroquine resistant

With the way a lot of lies were peddled against chloroquine to one declaring it poison and treatment from statements done on people that were advanced in infections, I am beginning to doubt the resistant talk. Other countries in Africa continued with Chloroquine without problems.

Chloroquine should be moved back to the shelves and people make their choice if they want to get treated with it.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Diiet: 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Bauchi, according to records, has only had 29 Coronavirus cases so far, and only 6 recovered. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I was refering to hundreds of US citizens.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kemii7497: 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by ooohoo: 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Did he approve the drugs before they were administered on him? Maybe not. So, he should have been quiet about it and let the health practitioners do their jobs, even if they have to use the drugs.

It may be true that the drugs worked on him, but it was utterly careless to have released a statement touting the drugs, knowing fully well how we abuse things in this part of the world.

Nevertheless, every means should be made to save lives, that's the most important thing.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
World
Nigeria Has Chloroquine Poisonings After Trump Praised Drug
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug

By Alonso Soto
March 21, 2020, 7:51 AM MST Updated on March 21, 2020, 5:31 PM MST

Nigeria reported two cases of chloroquine poisoning after U.S. President Donald Trump praised the anti-malaria drug as a treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Health officials are warning Nigerians against self-medicating after demand for the drug surged in Lagos, a city that’s home to 20 million people. Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses, Oreoluwa Finnih, senior health assistant to the governor of Lagos, said in an interview.

“Please don’t panic,” she said via text message. “Chloroquine is still in a testing phase in combination with other medication and not yet verified as a preventive treatment or curative option.”

Nigeria’s Centre for Disease Control warned that the World Health Organization hasn’t approved use of the drug against the virus. Africa’s most populous country reported 22 infections as of Saturday.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
kvin33:
I recall CNN screaming that MASKS don't work and the rubbish was repeated on this site. NOTHING cures a virus! Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack is a treatment and it works and AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE HEART DISEASE it is completely SAFE. It gives your immune system the space (in a manner of speaking) to fight it off. Remdesivir does the same thing, the only thing is Remdesivir is patented and profitable and Hydroxy is NOT. Americans don't want Trump to kill the market for Remdesivir that is the ONLY problem. BOTH WORK and are being USED worldwide despite the deliberate SMOKE CNN is creating to defend their major advertiser. COVID-19 is big business whether we like it or not.

God bless you , many of these clowns don't understand the commercialization of drugs , no big pharma will support the use of 1 dollar generic chloroquine over Gilead's patented Remdesivir which has already sky rocketed Gilead stocks in just one day almost doubling the value

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by urchcoded(m): 7:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

You learnt that word during this crisis and you are now mimicking it now without even knowing the meaning cheesy cheesy Africans oooooo
I know a lot of medical terms. Punk. I didn't waste my years in school. And I used it in context to what I meant. You are the one that is the ignorant African here
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by OhiOfIhima: 7:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Will you keep quiet , was it not the same combination he took? I am beginning to think it's either some of you sold your brain at birth or you are working for satan

Exactly, the way some people reason make me sick. This man is an index who was cured of the said virus using d combined drugs. If someone is not satisfied wit what d governor said should kiss his/her ass!

I have been saying it for long, our local agbo go cure this mild fever.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by onyeogalu1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Very irresponsible statements for a state governor to make.

There is confusion all over the world. What do you expect him to tell you. That they are developing a vaccine or cure?
Lol
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Thryphosa(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Awon eeyan Trump!
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

With the way a lot of lies were peddled against chloroquine to one declaring it poison and treatment from statements done on people that were advanced in infections, I am beginning to doubt the resistant talk. Other countries in Africa continued with Chloroquine without problems.

Chloroquine should be moved back to the shelves and people make their choice if they want to get treated with it.

Malaria has never been resistant to chloroquine , it was only black listed because it was interfering with the commercial success of other drugs , I have never stopped taking chloroquine for one day and it completely clears my malaria all the time from the blood at least

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Nfora: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Will you keep quiet , was it not the same combination he took? I am beginning to think it's either some of you sold your brain at birth or you are working for satan

grin
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
onyeogalu1:

There is confusion all over the world. What do you expect him to tell you. That they are developing a vaccine or cure?
Lol

I guess the governor forgot to consult NAFDAC in NIgeria before making his pronounciation

Nigeria Has Chloroquine Poisonings After Trump Praised Drug
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kayrichy: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Same with India and Sri Lanka
Combination therapy of chloroquine and lopinavir and ritonavir both antiretroviral drugs got a lot of patients discharged
In addition Sri Lanka also practice the same
Giving 500mg of chloroquine BID for ten days
ityP:

Senegal have recorded ONLY two deaths. They have the highest recovery rate in Africa and 3rd highest in the globe. Chloroquine is what they give to patients who tests positive to the virus. The world is hailing them now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Corporate2020:

Go and read the report again. The governor said he was treated with chloroquine and Zithromax when he contacted COVID-19 and was in Isolation Centre and that he was healed. That is why he is now recommending it.

Before you go ahead to send people to their early grave through spreading of unscientific chloroquine prescription for treatng Covid-19, it will do you a lot good to read up most resent study and outcome of using chloroquine to treat Covid-19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-chloroquine-study-stopped-early.html

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/coronavirus-medicine-chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine-as-covid19-treatment/

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by OhiOfIhima: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
ooohoo:
Did he approve the drugs before they were administered on him? Maybe not. So, he should have been quiet about it and let the health practitioners do their jobs, even if they have to use the drugs.

It may be true that the drugs worked on him, but it was utterly careless to have released a statement touting the drugs, knowing fully well how we abuse things in this part of the world.

Nevertheless, every means should be made to save lives, that's the most important thing.

If we insists on waiting for the appropriate stakeholders to mend a solution for us, it either COVID-19 dent us or Hunger20!

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SalamRushdie: 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
urchcoded:
I know a lot of medical terms. Punk. I didn't waste my years in school. And I used it in context to what I meant. You are the one that is the ignorant African here

Gerrout abeg , I don't have time for any cat with low IQ tonight.. anecdotal indeed angry grin gerrout CNN parrot
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I don't know what you mean by a lot of lies.Why would everyone lie if chloroquine does work!? That is not rational. Even the president of the US has supported chloroquine so if it genuinely does work where is the conspiracy coming from?

It is not the place of a governor to do this it is irresponsible. We have the NCDC,NAFDAC etc.
The NCDC has said no so if the governor thinks it works he should support a clinical trial via NCDC rather than advising the public. He is not qualified to do that
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
While the drug has been found to be effective in some cases in treating COVID-19, the World Health Organisation and other experts have warned that it has not undergone essential clinical trials to be recommended for treating the disease; and may have detrimental side effects.

Same drug that has been used for over fifty years needs to go through fresh trials for side effects.

WHO should tell me another lie. The same chloroquine I drank when I was small until it became like tom-tom.

2 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
kvin33:
I recall CNN screaming that MASKS don't work and the rubbish was repeated on this site. NOTHING cures a virus! Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack is a treatment and it works and AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE HEART DISEASE it is completely SAFE. It gives your immune system the space (in a manner of speaking) to fight it off. Remdesivir does the same thing, the only thing is Remdesivir is patented and profitable and Hydroxy is NOT. Americans don't want Trump to kill the market for Remdesivir that is the ONLY problem. BOTH WORK and are being USED worldwide despite the deliberate SMOKE CNN is creating to defend their major advertiser. COVID-19 is big business whether we like it or not.
you know, I'm sitting here wondering if this is the same chloroquine I have been taking for over 20 years. Suddenly chloroquine is now killing people.
People talking about wrong dosage are just being stupid. Paracetamol will kill you if you overdose on it. Nobody is going to profit if chloroquine is proven to be the cure that's just the reason for all these stories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kaa4(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Can you name a single COVID patient it didn't work for? I can present over 50 it has worked for , I can present research to show it works ...Please what you rather he do ? Use the infusion and respirator path that only guarantees a harvest of death ?

Thanks, some people are confused with knowledge

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Phoenix999: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Result of corrupt DNA in his Gene which is PDP

I would have called you a foolish fool now... But let me just mind my business!
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by tutuonye: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Ok nah make your own responsible statement . Senseless empty heads claiming sense.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
kayrichy:

Still the same thing I said earlier the prolonged QT interval ,abnormal ECG ,diarrhea and all are all adverse effects of chloroquine but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work...personally I have treated patients with chloroquine and the got better...I am sure it was a doctor who also prescribed chloroquine to the Bauchi state governor..I give patient who are surely above 18years old

Please where is your hospital located?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Topmosthigh1: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

How he's statement irresponsible? How you just want to sound smart to gain likes.

Have you ever been a covid19 victim.?

He's been there, he conquer the virus.

I think he's the best person. To give solution from his wealth of experience been a victim of the virus.

Be
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Didi2d(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
Prof. Maurice Iwu has come up with a more reliable remedy it would do our country better if we patronize him instead of chloroquine that the confused President of USA is touting about.

How come some of us don't usually hear of Morris iwu's remedy, please I need the link if true we need to patronise and encourage our own
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by gaby(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
BEEFIE:
is the govnor a doctor...why are people bent on knowing musa more than musa mother

People are bent on knowing the gate more than Musa mana grin
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
While the drug has been found to be effective in some cases in treating COVID-19, the World Health Organisation and other experts have warned that it has not undergone essential clinical trials to be recommended for treating the disease; and may have detrimental side effects.

Same drug that has been used for over fifty years needs to go through fresh trials for side effects.

WHO should tell me another lie. The same chloroquine I drank when I was small until it became like tom-tom.
it is not used the same way or for the same duration as for malaria. Did you take chloroquine for 1 month?
Clinical trials are for two purposes
1.to establish safety
2.To establish efficacy

1. Safety has been established when used for a FEW DAYS not SEVERAL WEEKS and also there are other considerations e.g interaction with other medications or diseases which enables doctors to give proper advice. People with Covid have respiratory compromise and specific trials are required for that scenario

2. Over the 50 years has chloroquine shown any efficacy against coronavirus? How could it it is new. If it works how do we kno the RIGHT DOSE?
Do we assume the same dose will work as for malaria without trials

There is a reason people train as doctors . It is not a beer parlour engagement

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by infogeneral: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Like the Governor rightly said, administration of chloroquine in the right dosage can not harm an average African person because our body systems are already used to different malaria drugs and treatments unlike the oyibos.
Chloroquine might be very effective against coronavirus but it is not promoted because the white populations can not cope with it.
Even when they finally find the vaccines, the same vaccine that works in the US or UK may not work effectively in Africa or vice-versa. We may not have a one-size-fits-all vaccine.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by naijaman2225(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
THE BAUCHI HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SHOULD PASS A BILL SIGNED INTO LAW BY THE GOVERNOR HOLDING HIM PERSONALLY AND PECUNIARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF LIVES BEFORE DOCTORS SHOULD USE SUCH THERAPY.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
infogeneral:
Like the Governor rightly said, administration of chloroquine in the right dosage can not harm an average African person because our body systems are already used to different malaria drugs and treatments unlike the oyibos.
Chloroquine might be very effective against coronavirus but it is not promoted because the white populations can not cope with it.
Even when they finally find the vaccines, the same vaccine that works in the US or UK may not work effectively in Africa or vice-versa. We may not have a one-size-fits-all vaccine.

What is 6he right dosage?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by AnanseK(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
Leave medical treatment to those who studied the subject and are certified experts.

When politicians start prescribing drugs We are doomed. The protocols and scientific methods of using drugs are well know to scientists and the governor whose degree is in English language knows nothing about the science of of medicines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / 3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.