Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread (35633 Views)

Sanwo Olu Blames Late Airport Border Closures For Covid-19 Spread- PUNCH / Sanwo-olu Blames Rainy Season For Inability To Fix Lagos Roads / Apapa Gridlock: Sawon-olu Blames FG, Promise To Act In 60days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by guy222: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What about illegal movement across borders? This is a lame excuse at best? With the way powerplay works in Nigeria, who could have put Kyari in isolation?

Our only consolation is the late arrival which gave us time to prepare but we were busy watching and hoping on some prophecy of TB Joshua.
How is it a lame excuse, somebody said the delayed in the closure of airport, seaport and the failure of people coming into the country to self isolate Themselves is what leads to the spread of the virus, so tell me how is this a lame excuse? if you dont know what to comment you can as well read comments
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Blame our mumu leader for the avoidable woes Lagos and the entire country is going through. Had he not waited for all his family members including her daughter, politicians and their children to all come in before closing the border, we would have been relieved a great deal by now. Even after he eventually closed down the border, americans who got trapped in Europe thronged Lagos on hearing that Delta still operates Lagos-US routes. They got a transit visa to Lagos to boarded delta airlines home.

May we not have this kind of inept leadership in Nigeria again. They all reason same way. Ganduje as educated as he claims to be accepted that strange ailment was killing people in Kano but have failed to realise it's covid-19. That's the way fulanis reason, regardless of their level of education. At times, I wonder if they are REAL humab beings grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by PicLtd: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
DonMustafa:
Finally, an APC governor is tired of licking Federal ass. He is speaking the truth

He is crying sincerely because the virus is about to overwhelm them in Lagos. Covid-19 be like 'talk-true' torture equiment wey SARS dey use for their office. grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Totobulie: 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
When someone say Nigeria is not working, the same set of sanwoluz will call you an igbo man who hates Nigeria... Now you are complaining of the incompetent officers at the gates of the country when you are part of those who made them officers of that gate in the first place.

Shame will never leave your doorsteps... The whole of Africa laughs at you, the world calls you nothing and treats you like shit.

You see Ngozi okonjo as igbo, Innoson igbo, etc yet you want to become greater than south Africa who discovered Ngozi and called her to contribute to the fixing of their economy, and Ghana who has been patronizing Innoson.

Think of what I said guys... Everything no be tribal mata, somethings na fact wey open stupid man eye.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by united2020: 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Too late to cry when the head is cut off
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
AdmissionGetEas:
Just put this guy for Aso-rock for just 6 months and see Nigeria in a new dimension

This shows you are a true Nigerian ..
But if he gets there he will not stay long
Remember he is not a politician but a technocrat like Ambode
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
That is how it works when you have a deaf and dumb leaders as well as president
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Lawmak: 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
I know that this issue will come up one day.
The DULLARD in Also Rock caused it all.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Streetgent: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Covid-19 situation is like a simulation of what it'll be like if ww3 takes place. It may start in a hot zone and slowly and gradually spread to other zones as their interests are threatened till it engulfs the entire planet. Even desolate places like Antarctica, the Arctic circle or remote tiny islands may not be excluded as they may serve as military bases. And sadly such wars start with avoidable disagreements and stubbornness while they usually end with unavoidable ceasefire after millions of deaths and severe destruction have occurred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Openbusiness: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
EcoBrick:

Are you suggesting that he could have singlehandedly shut down the borders he has no control over? Please be reasonable na. Politics is not madness. No state governor in Nigeria could have done anything about those international borders, be it land, sea or air, and you know that without the cooperation of the FG.
I'm suggesting to you that they had the chance to put serious pressure on the Zoohari FG to close the borders AND do compulsory 14 days isolation for anyone entering the country from abroad. They could have built a quarantine center right there at the Lagos airport, even if na with covered tents like the type some event centers and churches use.. If they had used the same sense that they used in forming Amotekun to pressure the devils in Abuja, Lagos for no have 1000 cases by now, na few cases they will have and those few will be in isolation center without chance of infecting others and causing community spread, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Lagos would not be having community spread right now, because community spread that is happening is the biggest problem about this coronavirus now. You know your state, you know how Lagos life be say he hard to keep Lagos person siddon for wan place for too long. We lagos people, we like waka, we like hustle, we like to take our destiny in our own hands, we like to keep fighting till the last breath, we have a bold spirit, even in the face of danger, we go still take risks, and most of all we like to socialize among ourselves, we can't go a day without mingling. How do you manage community spread in a society like that? So they should never have let it get to that point, especially because we had enough time to prepare and take precautions and close shop. We saw how the virus was dealing with advanced countries and people with the best public healthcare systems were dying like Christmas chicken everyday. But no, mumu guys were queuing behind Zoohari team, forming solidarity with enemies in disguise that don't have their best interests at heart. They were singing FG tune, people that return should self isolate, they should observe social distance yen yen yen yen, as if we don't know how Lagos is. Every market is jampacked with human traffic, what of public transport, people dey packed together like sardines, church and mosque nkor, everywhere dey full cuz Lagos na very religious city, government office nko, na over population, private companies even pass government own, everybody dey hustle. They mismanged the whole thing. Now it has cost the state dearly. How much did Zoohari give them N10billion, money that is chicken change for LASG. On a normal level, that N10billion, LASG go make am in 1 week or few days sef. The money they have lost is far bigger than the hopeless 10billion buhari gave them. Do you think if someone like Wike (or even Fashola sef) was the current governor of Lagos that they will open their 2 eyes down and let Buhari turn their state to Wuhan? Wike for don para like mad, open eyes, tear speaker, do broadcast upon broadcast that FG wants to destroy his state that's why they refused to close border early, that they want Coronavirus to come and finish the peole.... by the time he pressure them like that for one week, they will adjust and comply. But our own Sanwo was busy dancing to FG tune, forming good boy till over 100 cases before Buhari do lockdown. I think him eyes don clear now bah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by guy222: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Bookers.

This is just a more diplomatic way of saying 'Sanwo-Olu Blames Buhari...'
yes you are definately right, a very diplomatic way of saying mr president is the cause of the spread of the virus.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What about illegal movement across borders? This is a lame excuse at best? With the way powerplay works in Nigeria, who could have put Kyari in isolation?

Our only consolation is the late arrival which gave us time to prepare but we were busy watching and hoping on some prophecy of TB Joshua.

What is this one saying? How is it a lame excuse?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Dbaba14: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Story.!!!! Why didn't he tell his blocked head president initially.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by DonMustafa: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
PicLtd:

He is crying sincerely because the virus is about to overwhelm them in Lagos. Covid-19 be like 'talk-true' torture equiment wey SARS dey use for their office. grin

Abeg describe this talk-true torture
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by guy222: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Abba kyari and atiku son has like 50 percent share in the spread of this virus.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Someone that was waiting for his daughter to come back from UK b4 closing any border.

You are on your own o Mr governor. That dude they call president knows nothing! They even pre-record his broadcast to us
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Openbusiness: 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
FemiOyewoleGCFR:

Mr be criticising governor there , by 2023 better contest for the same position and be bulldozed out of the race from fear.
Baba if you sponsor me i go run for Governor, no be mouth 4 years Lagos go turn to New York. grin Na lagos blood dey ma body, I love my state dieee

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Felicity0001: 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
EcoBrick:

Well, let me be a bit more lucid. If states controlled their borders (air, land and seas), they would be at liberty to make independent judgements that could prove critical to their management of the spread. Fine and yes, it may still have entered the country eventually, but we would never know how different the impact would have been had Lagos for example had more control over regulation of her entry points. I would argue that it would have been able to better manage the spread under such circumstance. We have all seen how some individual states have manage to curb the spread via tough measures of interstate border controls. Similar approach could have worked with international borders.
One thing we should thank God for is that the same party rules both in the federal and in Lagos State. Had it been PDP where the one in power APC government would have turned this whole lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and FCT a political dimension to either reduced the IGF or some sorts of blackmail. The lagos state government would have even kick against early or even a border closure.

APC with their distraction tactics. I hail oh!

So for almost 5weeks na only 7000 test them don carry out... I dont get it, or didnt I read well?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by tobijas001(m): 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Absolute truth
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Angelfrost(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:

We??! You mean Buhari was equally waiting on TB Joshua??!... Interesting.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by donmik: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
Can u tell that one to Lai and PMB here?
Na foreign body u sabi tell truth.
If u sympathize with us, bring a share of the COVID-19 you have been receiving to the families of the sick and hungry
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by SeverusSnape(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
abduljabbar4:

I'm fine bro. Thank God the lockdown has brought both of us back into actioncheesy
I hope you're doing well
Seriously. The lockdown is not easy.
... and yes, I'm fine, Thank you.
I'm glad you're fine. Stay safe.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Euegene100001: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Buhari the culprit
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by guy222: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
tweakdude1:
What's this eye service Governor saying.
The eye service governor said you are not just stupid but very stupid.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Angelfrost(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
DonMustafa:
Finally, an APC governor is tired of licking Federal ass. He is speaking the truth

Sanwo-Olu tired of asslicking??! That's new!!! grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Angelfrost(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
My thread and comment on February 28, 2020.

https://www.nairaland.com/5710990/coronavirus-minister-health-lagos-commissioner

Mr. Governor, only me, you should go too because this was clear as day light by February, this is two months later and your eyes are opening.

Who did we kill that God left Nigeria decades ago and left us with dumb rulers.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

God didn't conduct elections or direct majority on who to vote...

The blame lies at the feet of your fellow countrymen!!! There would be no dumb rulers or leaders in a Democratic nation if voting citizens are intelligent enough to reject dullards outrightly even if they are from their own immediate families...

The dullness and bigotry of the average voting Nigerian, especially from critical power determiners like North and South West doomed this nation decades ago!!!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
He is wrong. It would have still entered Nigeria.

How's he wrong? Kindly explain
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by guy222: 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
luvmijeje:

You all should tell him. I am not interested in his foolish escuse. He has power to shut down Lagos. If this issue escalate he will be held responsible.

As far as I am concern, the issue is still manageable. If it goes beyond control then he has blood on his hands.
The president made it clear that what he said can or should be use as a guildline to state governors, meaning state governors can add to it or rather decide on how they want it to be.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Sharaap

Kindly refute what d governor said rationally& intelligently
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Pondeck: 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
LORDofODDS:

https://punchng.com/sanwo-olu-blames-late-airport-border-closures-for-covid-19-spread/

Late closure, just say it without mincing words say your slave master Buhari is to blame for covid spread.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Southwest Governors are still jonsing themselves but with one solid move, Zoohari and his cabal effectively has crippled their ambition for presidency in 2023. I believe it was intentional that they kept the border window open long enough for the virus to enter the Southwest, knowing fully well that Lagos is the major gateway to this country. And from Lagos the thing will penetrate the south but thank God governors in the SE and SS were quick to shut their doors. Only a quick cure from America can save the Southwest now. Because there's no way the region can mobilize it's resources and manpower to fight Covid-19 and fight for presidency at the same time. Buhari played a fast one on them. One month already and see how much billions in critical revenue Lagos has lost because of the Coronavirus. And that commissioner and health minister were just giving Governor Sanwo fake hope that they were prepared and can handle it. 1000 patients same people that were boasting the virus is nothing, they are prepared, they can handle it, yen yen yen, they are already crying they are struggling for bed space. Thank God Lagos Governor is waking up now. May God give you the wisdom and grace to navigate Lagos from this problem but next time just knkow that the North FG is not your friend. Dem b enemies in disguise.
crack head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket For Tinubu / Anambra Pro-Buhari Rally: Take Whatever You See – IPOB Warns Obiano, APC Members / Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan With Makarfi At PDP Secretariat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.