Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread (35634 Views)

Sanwo Olu Blames Late Airport Border Closures For Covid-19 Spread- PUNCH / Sanwo-olu Blames Rainy Season For Inability To Fix Lagos Roads / Apapa Gridlock: Sawon-olu Blames FG, Promise To Act In 60days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Dayoalabi(m): 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
We the poor ones are the ones suffering from this covid19, I pray � God heal our land.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Late or early closure, the thing go still enter naija, no be all countries don get their own quota?
The virus is more control than prevention, except we wanna shut the nation against citizens too which is highly unlikely.
Our interstate borders have no clear demarcation, so people can even still find a way to move to other states.

How did d virus enter Nigeria?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What about illegal movement across borders? This is a lame excuse at best? With the way powerplay works in Nigeria, who could have put Kyari in isolation?

Our only consolation is the late arrival which gave us time to prepare but we were busy watching and hoping on some prophecy of TB Joshua.

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Clueless people always shifting the blame,they are never proactive, they are always reactive, even when the land boarders were closed since last year, are we're still not hearing of massive smuggling and seizure of rice?the fact is, this pandemic caught all facet of government unaware, the main koko of the problem at hand is as a result of our underdevelopment and total neglect of our health facilities all through the years

How did d virus enter Nigeria? What has poor health facilities got to do with how d virus entered Nigeria?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
feedthenation:
This is not the time to blame anyone, but to work hard in ensuring the end of covid-19 in Lagos.

We all know the federal government is very useless.

Who isn't working hard in ensuring the end of covid-19 in Lagos? How does d statement by d governor prevent "working hard in ensuring the end of covid-19 in Lagos?" Did u read article to understand d type of interaction he was having that led to him saying what he said? Are d things he said facts, truth or lies?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by madridsta007(m): 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
LORDofODDS:

https://punchng.com/sanwo-olu-blames-late-airport-border-closures-for-covid-19-spread/

Everyone with the smallest understanding of how infectious diseases spread know that it was due to the fact that the airports were not closed.
And then quarantining was done, it was disrespected.
A full-blown crisis was always going to happen.
Thanks to APC, Tinubu, the South West, the North.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
EcoBrick:
He is right though. To make matters worse, states have no control over regulation of the airports they host. undecided
But at least, states have the power to impose compulsory quarantine
But they were busy dealing darling with arrivals, allowing them optional isolation
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by IamCookie(f): 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
That's true to some extent.
Blame Bubu the mumu for not acting on time.

That is all you know. You'd never achieve a tenth of what he's achieved and accomplished so far...
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Simontempla: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Our government have seen this coming knowing well the world is a global village. Even though the fail to close the border the equaly fail to take responsibility to arrest the returnee and isolate them. We know people are had to obey simple instruction. Lack of discipline, you tell some to stay home as he return from oversea how sure he/she will obey. Even now the interstate border is said to be close but many people trespass with their 1k only paid to people place on the road without good salary. There are many measure can take to be safe. Not to tell us on media no imposement. Thank you. May God Almighty safe us help our scientise and medical doctors, nigeria and world at large.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Tospringe: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Southwest Governors are still jonsing themselves but with one solid move, Zoohari and his cabal effectively has crippled their ambition for presidency in 2023. I believe it was intentional that they kept the border window open long enough for the virus to enter the Southwest, knowing fully well that Lagos is the major gateway to this country. And from Lagos the thing will penetrate the south but thank God governors in the SE and SS were quick to shut their doors. Only a quick cure from America can save the Southwest now. Because there's no way the region can mobilize it's resources and manpower to fight Covid-19 and fight for presidency at the same time. Buhari played a fast one on them. One month already and see how much billions in critical revenue Lagos has lost because of the Coronavirus. And that commissioner and health minister were just giving Governor Sanwo fake hope that they were prepared and can handle it. 1000 patients same people that were boasting the virus is nothing, they are prepared, they can handle it, yen yen yen, they are already crying they are struggling for bed space. Thank God Lagos Governor is waking up now. May God give you the wisdom and grace to navigate Lagos from this problem but next time just knkow that the North FG is not your friend. Dem b enemies in disguise.
Igbos in Lagos have died due to Corona virus. You want me to mention names ?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Openbusiness:

Baba if you sponsor me i go run for Governor, no be mouth 4 years Lagos go turn to New York. grin Na lagos blood dey ma body, I love my state dieee

Lol
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by quiteboy(m): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Wow APC blaming APC, Egungun becareful nah express you dey go.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Genfaculty(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
LORDofODDS:

https://punchng.com/sanwo-olu-blames-late-airport-border-closures-for-covid-19-spread/

Stupid government that would always wanna be in the spotlight irrespective of the consequences involved. If COVID-19 no enter Nigeria, how dem leaders wan take cash out?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by OlujobaSamuel: 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
lexy2014:

Do you honestly think a border closure(air, sea & land) would have shut out the pandemic?
I don't share that view, as we have countries that did that, and they still have their own share of the virus
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by mechanics(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
He's right
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Do you honestly think a border closure(air, sea & land) would have shut out the pandemic?
I don't share that view, as we have countries that did that, and they still have their own share of the virus

That doesn't answer d question: "How did d virus enter Nigeria?"
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by OlujobaSamuel: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
lexy2014:

That doesn't answer d question: "How did d virus enter Nigeria?"
Not in for your efight pls, wait for your APC/PDP goons
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by oluwaahmed: 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What about illegal movement across borders? This is a lame excuse at best? With the way powerplay works in Nigeria, who could have put Kyari in isolation?

Our only consolation is the late arrival which gave us time to prepare but we were busy watching and hoping on some prophecy of TB Joshua.

I don't think you a more of a stakeholder in APC than sanwo-olu that you should lie for APC. Every reasonable Nigerian knows that this pandemic was brought upon Nigeria by the FG. Yes maybe it would have entered Nigeria even if the govt closed all the borders but it wouldn't have been this bad.
Sanwo-olu has earned my respect and Nigerians now know their enemies, APC will suffer for this that's why sanwo-olu is washing his hands like the Pontius Pilate that he is. grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by OlujobaSamuel: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Simontempla:
Our government have seen this coming knowing well the world is a global village. Even though the fail to close the border the equaly fail to take responsibility to arrest the returnee and isolate them. We know people are had to obey simple instruction. Lack of discipline, you tell some to stay home as he return from oversea how sure he/she will obey. Even now the interstate border is said to be close but many people trespass with their 1k only paid to people place on the road without good salary. There are many measure can take to be safe. Not to tell us on media no imposement. Thank you. May God Almighty safe us help our scientise and medical doctors, nigeria and world at large.
Exactly, some even used fake address to come in, I wonder what the NIS and Customs check at point of entry. And the president himself lacks intellectual capacity to even know what is going on in the world. I seriously doubt if that man listens to news aside what aides feed him with

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Niceiroko: 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:

mugu
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by lexy2014: 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Not in for your efight pls, wait for your APC/PDP goons

No one is fighting u and I don't remember telling u I had APC/PDP goons. All I asked u is a simple question: "How did d virus enter Nigeria"?
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by CuteYvonne777: 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by stieyven(m): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by SeverusSnape(m): 11:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
stieyven:
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
But Bubu the mumu is a fool na.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by EcoBrick: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Openbusiness:

I'm suggesting to you that they had the chance to put serious pressure on the Zoohari FG to close the borders AND do compulsory 14 days isolation for anyone entering the country from abroad. They could have built a quarantine center right there at the Lagos airport, even if na with covered tents like the type some event centers and churches use.. If they had used the same sense that they used in forming Amotekun to pressure the devils in Abuja, Lagos for no have 1000 cases by now, na few cases they will have and those few will be in isolation center without chance of infecting others and causing community spread, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Lagos would not be having community spread right now, because community spread that is happening is the biggest problem about this coronavirus now. You know your state, you know how Lagos life be say he hard to keep Lagos person siddon for wan place for too long. We lagos people, we like waka, we like hustle, we like to take our destiny in our own hands, we like to keep fighting till the last breath, we have a bold spirit, even in the face of danger, we go still take risks, and most of all we like to socialize among ourselves, we can't go a day without mingling. How do you manage community spread in a society like that? So they should never have let it get to that point, especially because we had enough time to prepare and take precautions and close shop. We saw how the virus was dealing with advanced countries and people with the best public healthcare systems were dying like Christmas chicken everyday. But no, mumu guys were queuing behind Zoohari team, forming solidarity with enemies in disguise that don't have their best interests at heart. They were singing FG tune, people that return should self isolate, they should observe social distance yen yen yen yen, as if we don't know how Lagos is. Every market is jampacked with human traffic, what of public transport, people dey packed together like sardines, church and mosque nkor, everywhere dey full cuz Lagos na very religious city, government office nko, na over population, private companies even pass government own, everybody dey hustle. They mismanged the whole thing. Now it has cost the state dearly. How much did Zoohari give them N10billion, money that is chicken change for LASG. On a normal level, that N10billion, LASG go make am in 1 week or few days sef. The money they have lost is far bigger than the hopeless 10billion buhari gave them. Do you think if someone like Wike (or even Fashola sef) was the current governor of Lagos that they will open their 2 eyes down and let Buhari turn their state to Wuhan? Wike for don para like mad, open eyes, tear speaker, do broadcast upon broadcast that FG wants to destroy his state that's why they refused to close border early, that they want Coronavirus to come and finish the peole.... by the time he pressure them like that for one week, they will adjust and comply. But our own Sanwo was busy dancing to FG tune, forming good boy till over 100 cases before Buhari do lockdown. I think him eyes don clear now bah

Guy no need for all these long speech abeg. The Wike you are referring to went political with his approach. It is that simple. Had it been that it was a PDP administration that was at Aso Rock he would certainly not have been as confrontational, melodramatic and vocal as he's been against the FG, that's just the fact unless you want to keep deceiving yourself.

As for Fashola, his approach wouldn't have been any different from Sanwo's because they are both party men and they consult on these sort of things before taking positions. You would be naive not to know the role that politics plays in the approach to these sort of issues. And please, don't bother responding to my posts with your needlessly long speeches because I will not read it. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by zoedew: 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
Exactly! The nouveau riche and bourgeoisie influenced the FG to keep the airports open so they could run back in. Didn’t know so many of them really don’t live in here until the news came of their arrival back in the country came in. Bad enough that they came in with covid-19. Worse still they avoided isolation centres! How could they use public isolation facilities like Boris PM did- demeaning they say and it proved again and again to be their undoing!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Nobody: 12:21am On May 01, 2020
Weaklings make excuses, leaders creates solutions
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by aztec: 12:42am On May 01, 2020
Openbusiness:
Southwest Governors are still jonsing themselves but with one solid move, Zoohari and his cabal effectively has crippled their ambition for presidency in 2023. I believe it was intentional that they kept the border window open long enough for the virus to enter the Southwest, knowing fully well that Lagos is the major gateway to this country. And from Lagos the thing will penetrate the south but thank God governors in the SE and SS were quick to shut their doors. Only a quick cure from America can save the Southwest now. Because there's no way the region can mobilize it's resources and manpower to fight Covid-19 and fight for presidency at the same time. Buhari played a fast one on them. One month already and see how much billions in critical revenue Lagos has lost because of the Coronavirus. And that commissioner and health minister were just giving Governor Sanwo fake hope that they were prepared and can handle it. 1000 patients same people that were boasting the virus is nothing, they are prepared, they can handle it, yen yen yen, they are already crying they are struggling for bed space. Thank God Lagos Governor is waking up now. May God give you the wisdom and grace to navigate Lagos from this problem but next time just knkow that the North FG is not your friend. Dem b enemies in disguise.

I can smell the envy in this nonsense conspiracy theory you have put out. You guys are just jealous of the SW and will come up with nonsense to feel better about yourselves. I wouldn’t be surprised that you probably live in the SW yet to beef your host. Let everybody just go back to their region. Pathetic!
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by chubby98: 2:02am On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Bitter truth
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by CodeTemplar: 2:30am On May 01, 2020
oluwaahmed:

I don't think you a more of a stakeholder in APC than sanwo-olu that you should lie for APC. Every reasonable Nigerian knows that this pandemic was brought upon Nigeria by the FG. Yes maybe it would have entered Nigeria even if the govt closed all the borders but it wouldn't have been this bad.
Sanwo-olu has earned my respect and Nigerians now know their enemies, APC will suffer for this that's why sanwo-olu is washing his hands like the Pontius Pilate that he is. grin
I have quotes by so many for this comment and from yours, you seem to be ready to buy sanwo-olu opinion because it puts APC in a bad light. Happy bashing to you. I know what I am saying.
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by Agugbadin: 3:30am On May 01, 2020
Re: Sanwo-olu Blames Late Airport, Border Closures For COVID-19 Spread by dododawa1: 3:34am On May 01, 2020
BUHARI daughter and co delayed airport CLOSED,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan With Makarfi At PDP Secretariat (Photo) / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.