Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? (58824 Views)

Should I Build With Her Or Do It All Alone? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / Husband Dies Saving Wife From Electrocution In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by GiZcorp: 10:09pm On May 01, 2020
My friend you're already made,you don't need advice.....
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Staro: 10:10pm On May 01, 2020
OP
Please build
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 01, 2020
I do not read your write up, only reply as a question iresspective of your question!

BUILD!
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by oyejideogunjumo: 10:12pm On May 01, 2020
BUILD NOW NO MATTER THE SIZE.IT IS ONLY REAL ESTATE THAT APPRECIATES.YOU CAN BUILD A BIGGER AND BETTER ONE LATER.THIS THEN BECOMES INVESTMENT
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by cydophobia(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2020
Please how much is the interest every month if someone invest 1m .Thanks.

tot:

The interest rate is per annum not monthly. So 1m for the year = 83k monthly.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Horlardorjah(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
If the house u want to build is ur own residential house, I'll advice u to invest that money into different businesses, u can multiply that money by 5 in the next ten years, but if u want to give it out for rent, I'll say u should build it.
Ur first priority should be more money. The house, if not for rent will depreciate but land does not.
Also if u haven't figured out what to do with ur life, I'll say u hold that money till u find urself

I strongly disagree with you, I doubt you know anything about property for you to say a residential building will depreciate. u should have said building to rent or lease is better as it brings income on a steady bases to him residing there. u know nothing about property and u are a bad adviser.
someone mentioned building self contained apartments and it sounds n it is avery much better opinion if the location he buys the land is an area with high demand for such housing type.
holding cash in the bank in Nigeria is not good enough so far you don't have any plans for it yet and the best investment in Nigeria as at now is property business. which i can vouch for you if properly done, you will come to say thanks n even do more.
but what do I know.

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by joshneku: 10:13pm On May 01, 2020
Don't build a house. Buy as many plots of land as possible in viable sites. You can sell later at a profit.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Kellie069(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2020
Okay. We don't believe your story OP. We no buy am at all

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Sagay212: 10:14pm On May 01, 2020
See life ooo. You are squatting with your friend who is paying rent or own his house and you have saved 11m.

You are a parasite. Get the phuck out and go get your house. Some of you always forming sharp guy..

4 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Samfloxin(m): 10:16pm On May 01, 2020
Give the money to a lady to hold for you.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by humilitypays(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2020
omonla10:
my brother, In all u do, don't ever loose ur working capital o.. house won't feed u.. just try divide the risk.. half for house and half for working capital..
without a working capital, u might end up selling d house for survival in few years.. except u have a good cv Sha that can bring employment soonest
best advice.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by princechina(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2020
yanabasee1:
Well..... I wish to have friends that will allow me to squat with them and be making this kind of savings to be contemplating about building a house....

God give me these type of friends mbok!!
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by afroxyz: 10:18pm On May 01, 2020
Building a house is an emotional investment. It's just for bragging rights. Well, unless you want to sell it thereafter. If you are hoping to use rent to recoup your investment, e go tey. Buy lands and flip them. If you want to move it mast you can buy, fence then just start a small structure then you sell. Building a house never made anyone rich, it is biz that would.make you rich. When you have enough money just build.one that you and your family would stay.

N.B I hope you were helping you friend with rent. You can't have that amount and not want to pay rent or have. Place of your own. It's like you are taking advantage of him.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by nwaimoroseyaho: 10:18pm On May 01, 2020
Build ooooooo
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by psalmuelwater(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2020
CapitalBank:

Lol. U never jam. There are lots of lucky bastard in this country with consistent cash flow that they don't know how to take it to the next level.

If u take away his current hustle now, dude will be so empty.

That is why developing yourself up to the point of having multiple stream of income is the best.
True
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by DCmonster: 10:18pm On May 01, 2020
Kosoco:
You have 11.4 m and you are squatting with me I will kick your ass out. Except we are in the same G Work... You have 11m and your are Squatting bro I don’t believe you. Come plain pls... Maybe you just pick... but remember d picker and the picky one day Egugun go enter express. If it’s legit it will multiply.
It's 100 percent possible! I remember back then I naija I had 1.5m in the bank and still earning and I was staying in a 48k per year house and spending only 4k weekly on food. So it's possible it depends on your priority and goals.

7 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Exposedforall: 10:19pm On May 01, 2020
Build house brother. I did so and am enjoying it.Contact mW for more advise.08130505909
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 01, 2020
princechina:

Very selfish guy. Squatting and inconveniencing his friends and busy saving his own money. I pray for no such friend abeg.
The friends complain give you.... U don't even know the kind of relationship they have but u just concluded
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by bmdmixer: 10:20pm On May 01, 2020
how many female don send u pm?

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 01, 2020
covid2019:
I am in a dilemma worsened by this covid19.

I am a graduate male of 29 residing in the East. I still squat with a friend, not because I don't have money for house rent. But principally because I have been unable to figure out what I want to do with my life, hence renting a house feels like a commitment that might get me stuck.

I always feel I might move anytime soon-- to either another state or abroad for masters or just practice of my profession. Note that I didn't study a STEM course.

All these while squatting, I have been saving via my proceeds from hustles.

In the wake of this COVID19, I checked all my banks and found out that money I have in my account has lost so much value given the dollar rate.

I have 11.4 million, inclusive of my working capital, plus a rickety car valued at 350k. Each time, I need just 3-5m as working capital.

It seems that trying to save more is false economy and might be counter productive.

NOW, I AM CONSIDERING buying a plot of land and erecting a small house even if it's 3 rooms. This, I think will serve as investment that will keep appreciating and also serve as residence.

Or just open a domiciliary account to hedge against naira fall and continue saving.
What do you think please?

Building now is a good idea due to the looming inflation, it'll be great to have hard assets, but hedging is also a good idea, provided you can afford to hedge properly, building is your safest option in my opinion.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by afroxyz: 10:22pm On May 01, 2020
Horlardorjah:

I strongly disagree with you, I doubt you know anything about property for you to say a residential building will depreciate. u should have said building to rent or lease is better as it brings income on a steady bases to him residing there. u know nothing about property and u are a bad adviser.
someone mentioned building self contained apartments and it sounds n it is avery much better opinion if the location he buys the land is an area with high demand for such housing type.
holding cash in the bank in Nigeria is not good enough so far you don't have any plans for it yet and the best investment in Nigeria as at now is property business. which i can vouch for you if properly done, you will come to say thanks n even do more.
but what do I know.

How long would it take for him to recoup his investment. That is the point.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by MedicH: 10:22pm On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
keep saving and japa when you've saved enough.

Saving useless naira no good. Unless in dollars.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by foodonly: 10:24pm On May 01, 2020
How come did he get 11.4million as a young hustlers. This not true or genuine because if it, he would have know what to do it with it.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Vicas2000: 10:26pm On May 01, 2020
What business did you do to make that 11m? (I'm not asking you to tell me..it's Rhetorical question)

Whatever it is..it's a cash cow. Keep your money...invest more in that business (I assume it's legitimate).

Rinse and repeat.

Most people advising you to build a house don't have that 11m.

Protect the egg that lay the golden egg. Feed it more food. Buy it a new cage. Sign up for a vet for it.

Don't go and buy a dog as a new pet simply because others are telling you to.

10 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by MariamAlheri: 10:26pm On May 01, 2020
You can never go wrong investing in real estate, covid 2019. Contact me on 08069506169 for real deals in real estate, choice estates in choice locations. Promo discounts as much as 50% discount available too. Holla now.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by SURElee(f): 10:26pm On May 01, 2020
If you love yourself, build your house now however small it may be. Are you hearing companies laying off workers daily?

Invest in a building now that you are squatting o!
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by jagaban002(m): 10:26pm On May 01, 2020
Mrchippychappy:
Invest in business instead.

Come to my covid19 seminar, I would teach you how to make face mask, hand sanitizers and ventilators.
Table for 10 = 5 million naira.
Weyrey re ooooo . Table for 10 5 million and who told u federal government ready to buy ventilator from u self .
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Wickedfact: 10:27pm On May 01, 2020
afecgivers:

Use the 11m to sow seed in any Christ believing church...and you will see what God will do in your life. Or if you can't do that, lend me 2m to pay 3m within 12months.

You are either a troll, a thief or irredeemably stupid.

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Evergreen4(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2020
covid2019:
I am in a dilemma worsened by this covid19.

I am a graduate male of 29 residing in the East. I still squat with a friend, not because I don't have money for house rent. But principally because I have been unable to figure out what I want to do with my life, hence renting a house feels like a commitment that might get me stuck.

I always feel I might move anytime soon-- to either another state or abroad for masters or just practice of my profession. Note that I didn't study a STEM course.

All these while squatting, I have been saving via my proceeds from hustles.

In the wake of this COVID19, I checked all my banks and found out that money I have in my account has lost so much value given the dollar rate.

I have 11.4 million, inclusive of my working capital, plus a rickety car valued at 350k. Each time, I need just 3-5m as working capital.

It seems that trying to save more is false economy and might be counter productive.

NOW, I AM CONSIDERING buying a plot of land and erecting a small house even if it's 3 rooms. This, I think will serve as investment that will keep appreciating and also serve as residence.

Or just open a domiciliary account to hedge against naira fall and continue saving.
What do you think please?

Erect a building in you can. Best investment.

But Nwanne , pls what kind of hustle are you into, biko I'm interested . Getting white collar job has become something else. I'm tired. Ike agwugom.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 01, 2020
Two confused people.

1. A woman in love.

2. A man with first money.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup / Meet Mariam Nabatanzi Who Has 42 Children: 'Uganda's Most Fertile Woman' / Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.