Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

She Wants To Commit Suicide - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants To Commit Suicide (2952 Views)

My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" / "That She Removed Her Cloth Doesn't Mean She Wants Sex" - Feminist. Men React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: She Wants To Commit Suicide by Ishilove: 12:44am On May 06, 2020
*facepalm

The rubbish I've been reading since the first page is mindboggling. embarassed undecided

That aside, Preshieben, this is a dicey situation. Many parents are emotionally and verbally abusive to their kids and some of the children grow up with the mentality that it is ok to be abusive since their parents are abusive. Our elders are always right, right? Right?

Wrong.

When some of these emotionally damaged children later grow up and able to shake off their Stockholm complex, and walk away from their parents, these same elders will be the first to lament how their kids have abandoned them. And the sad thing is they don't even know that what they did was wrong because they grew up in a similar toxic environment that has pushed their child far away from them. It's a vicious cycle that will never end, especially in African settings.

Now, the way forward is this: she will have to grow some balls for the next couple of years. Yes, it is tough but no one ever said life is a bed of roses.

On a personal note, when I am hurt I write so what I want to suggest may or may not work for her. We all have our ways of coping with hurt.

Let her take a paper and enumerate why she is a beautiful, blessed child of God. Let list all her strengths and weaknesses down and commit it to her memory. Keep reminding herself that she is not cursed but blessed and she is the best child any parent can have.

And now to the difficult part- she has to let her parents know that their words are hurting are. Of course she can't tell them this to their face so she should write another letter to them with her own handwriting starting with-

Dear Mother and Father,

I thank God everyday for having such wonderful parents like you. I thank you for blah blah blah blabbady blah. May you live long to eat the fruit of your labours.

Then let her go on to explain why their words uttered in anger are killing her and it is making her suicidal. She knows she is not a perfect but she is trying and will keep trying to make them proud, but whenever they curse her, she feels like the most worthless human being on earth.

She should sha pour her heart out inside the letter and give them so that the world will bear witness that she did not keep silent. We often underestimate the power of communication.

Thereafter she MUST develop a thick skin until when she can leave home because asking for external intervention with parents like hers will just bring more problems for her.

You also have to keep encouraging her and reminding her that tough times don't last; only tough people do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 8:52am On May 06, 2020
Ishilove:
*facepalm

The rubbish I've been reading since the first page is mindboggling. embarassed undecided

That aside, Preshieben, this is a dicey situation. Many parents are emotionally and verbally abusive to their kids and some of the children grow up with the mentality that it is ok to be abusive since their parents are abusive. Our elders are always right, right? Right?

Wrong.

When some of these emotionally damaged children later grow up and able to shake off their Stockholm complex, and walk away from their parents, these same elders will be the first to lament how their kids have abandoned them. And the sad thing is they don't even know that what they did was wrong because they grew up in a similar toxic environment that has pushed their child far away from them. It's a vicious cycle that will never end, especially in African settings.

Now, the way forward is this: she will have to grow some balls for the next couple of years. Yes, it is tough but no one ever said life is a bed of roses.

On a personal note, when I am hurt I write so what I want to suggest may or may not work for her. We all have our ways of coping with hurt.

Let her take a paper and enumerate why she is a beautiful, blessed child of God. Let list all her strengths and weaknesses down and commit it to her memory. Keep reminding herself that she is not cursed but blessed and she is the best child any parent can have.

And now to the difficult part- she has to let her parents know that their words are hurting are. Of course she can't tell them this to their face so she should write another letter to them with her own handwriting starting with-

Dear Mother and Father,

I thank God everyday for having such wonderful parents like you. I thank you for blah blah blah blabbady blah. May you live long to eat the fruit of your labours.

Then let her go on to explain why their words uttered in anger are killing her and it is making her suicidal. She knows she is not a perfect but she is trying and will keep trying to make them proud, but whenever they curse her, she feels like the most worthless human being on earth.

She should sha pour her heart out inside the letter and give them so that the world will bear witness that she did not keep silent. We often underestimate the power of communication.

Thereafter she MUST develop a thick skin until when she can leave home because asking for external intervention with parents like hers will just bring more problems for her.

You also have to keep encouraging her and reminding her that tough times don't last; only tough people do.

Best comment ever
Thank you for this

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Commit Suicide by tunize(m): 9:29am On May 06, 2020
DCmonster:
Your friend is a hoe and you know it. Just take her to the nearest health facility and request to see a psychiatrist. A hoe is gonna be a hoe always, so her family is ashamed of her.
You are very very STUPID so ur girlfriend u dey friend now na saint abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biggie Couldn't Focus As Dorathy Was Sent Back To Change Her Exposed Dressing / You Will Be Paid Only On One Condition / At The Rate Girls Now Smoke Weed Is Alarming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.