Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) (59406 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / Anambra Government Declares Free Transportation Within The State From December 1 / See What These Tankers Are Doing At Agulu Lake Road, Anambra- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by tillaman(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2020
One of the best SE governor of all time
No doubts Anambra is one state I would love to visit again, I met a lot of good people in Nnewi and Ihiala,

6 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Goldenheart(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 02, 2020
Anambralstson:
O. Thursday, April 30, His Excellency, Chief Dr. Willie M. Obiano who inspected the ongoing 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Control Project.

100-Foot Road Nnewi was one of the major entrance to Nkwo Nnewi, a market that have an estimated annual turnover of $1billion, before it was seriously affected by erosion which swallowed the road, residential and commercial buildings. While it may be a surprise to many, the erosion started way-back in the 1970s and only got worsened last year.

The visit of His Excellency, which was primarily to ascertain the pace of work, afforded me the opportunity to express my appreciation to the Governor for acting promptly by engaging the services of an International Reputable Construction Company, Infrastructure Development Company (IDC), for the reclamation of 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Site.
It will be recalled that one of the first motion I moved after I was sworn in as the Lawmaker representing Nnewi North in Anambra State House of Assembly, was the motion in which I raised alarm on the erosion which has cut-off 100-Foot Road and is posing a serious threat to Nkwo Nnewi Market.

With the involvement of other stakeholders, we reached out to His Excellency, in our different capacities calling for his timely intervention to save our town from the devastating effect of the erosion. The Governor being proactive, despite the pressure on the state budget, awarded the contract for the control and reclamation of the erosion.

The ongoing construction works on the Storm Water Diversion Deep Channel on the Fifty (50) Feet Deep 100-Foot Road Gully Erosion, Uruagu Nnewi, will bring lasting solutions to the problems of erosion menace in the area.

The project which will cost N4bn has succeeded in almost reclaiming the gully through the importation of laterite and compaction with careful channelization of the stormwater in a number of drains.

While we commend our Governor for this great effort, it is time for us to open discussion on the need for community participation in the management and protection of the environment from erosion.

Erosion does not just develop overnight, there are processes leading to them and this can be averted at the community level.

Although some gullies are caused by natural cracks in the earth and nature of our soil, most gully erosions in Anambra State are unnatural and can be averted. Most of the causes of erosions are traceable to bad management practices such as roads without proper drainage or catchments pits, blocking drainage channels with refuse, deforestation, unsustainable farming and mining of sand.

It is time for us to create institutions and implement policies that will guarantee a sustainable environment.

The best governor in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by betterman22(m): 2:36pm On May 02, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ABlAstate: 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:
My Nnewi my Nnewi....I'm happy you're not going the way of erosion ravaged omambala enclave..you will be fine
[/s]

Our cursed Abia state is being ravaged by bad roads, filth and erosion. Who cursed Abia state?
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Erosion2020: 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
So many houses and land has been lost to this monster of erosion in 100foot-road and ugwuakpatiozo Nnewi.

Obiano u can do more than this after all it not ur money.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by engroyekan(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2020
That's our state anthem grin

vicdom:
wink
Obodo mara mma dika honi juru.
Obodo oma nke naijiria.
Anambra steti ooo, isi ala anyi oooo.

Obodo mara mma dika honi juru.
Obodo oma nke naijiria.
Anambra steti ooo, light of the nation!!
cheesy
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ABlAstate: 2:38pm On May 02, 2020
Wish Abia my state can work like Anambra. Abia is suffering from ravaged roads, filth and erosion.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Drizzy5001(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2020
Anambra Leads others follow

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Erosion2020: 2:39pm On May 02, 2020
frankdre:
The best governor in Nigeria
Did u mean what you just said?
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Strech(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2020
www./1112846675750766/permalink/1129135580788542 this the click and show some love to your sister.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by SpaceTour: 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
Good job

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by joepepsy(m): 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
Anambra is the only state in the east with brain.
Anambralstson:
O. Thursday, April 30, His Excellency, Chief Dr. Willie M. Obiano who inspected the ongoing 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Control Project.

100-Foot Road Nnewi was one of the major entrance to Nkwo Nnewi, a market that have an estimated annual turnover of $1billion, before it was seriously affected by erosion which swallowed the road, residential and commercial buildings. While it may be a surprise to many, the erosion started way-back in the 1970s and only got worsened last year.

The visit of His Excellency, which was primarily to ascertain the pace of work, afforded me the opportunity to express my appreciation to the Governor for acting promptly by engaging the services of an International Reputable Construction Company, Infrastructure Development Company (IDC), for the reclamation of 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Site.
It will be recalled that one of the first motion I moved after I was sworn in as the Lawmaker representing Nnewi North in Anambra State House of Assembly, was the motion in which I raised alarm on the erosion which has cut-off 100-Foot Road and is posing a serious threat to Nkwo Nnewi Market.

With the involvement of other stakeholders, we reached out to His Excellency, in our different capacities calling for his timely intervention to save our town from the devastating effect of the erosion. The Governor being proactive, despite the pressure on the state budget, awarded the contract for the control and reclamation of the erosion.

The ongoing construction works on the Storm Water Diversion Deep Channel on the Fifty (50) Feet Deep 100-Foot Road Gully Erosion, Uruagu Nnewi, will bring lasting solutions to the problems of erosion menace in the area.

The project which will cost N4bn has succeeded in almost reclaiming the gully through the importation of laterite and compaction with careful channelization of the stormwater in a number of drains.

While we commend our Governor for this great effort, it is time for us to open discussion on the need for community participation in the management and protection of the environment from erosion.

Erosion does not just develop overnight, there are processes leading to them and this can be averted at the community level.

Although some gullies are caused by natural cracks in the earth and nature of our soil, most gully erosions in Anambra State are unnatural and can be averted. Most of the causes of erosions are traceable to bad management practices such as roads without proper drainage or catchments pits, blocking drainage channels with refuse, deforestation, unsustainable farming and mining of sand.

It is time for us to create institutions and implement policies that will guarantee a sustainable environment.

2 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by kenx1(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2020
Davash222:
Names of the 36 States in Nigeria;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi

And others.

Ndi igbo we are blessed despite the destruction during the war....
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by joepepsy(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2020
But no fire service oo
Deepfeel:

Focus on your region

Once again Igbo Amaka , beautiful houses everywhere no brown roofs no mud house
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by gwafaeziokwu: 2:43pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Anambralstson post=89100024][/quote]

grin
Your strike na one touch. Hahahaha
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by megama: 2:44pm On May 02, 2020
Anambralstson:

I recommend the governor on that. He done such a marvellous work at Minaj road by Army Barrack onitsha. It's unbelievable. Kudos Willie

5 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by VillageHead: 2:44pm On May 02, 2020
Nice one Mr Governor

Why wasn't social distancing observed in those pictures?
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by egalitarianism: 2:44pm On May 02, 2020
temptnow:

Have you taken your toilet broom ewedu soup today?
When did I told you my tribe

2 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by akpunda86: 2:45pm On May 02, 2020
Davash222:
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi

And others.

Remove ebonyi.Ebonyi is part of North

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 02, 2020
Erosion2020:
So many houses and land has been lost to this monster of erosion in 100foot-road and ugwuakpatiozo Nnewi.

Obiano u can do more than this after all it not ur money.

Who are you?
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Obidon1(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2020
The working governor
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by DatAbujaBoy: 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin cool
Davash222:
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi

And others.

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by akpunda86: 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
egalitarianism:

You've never surprised me, tribal jingoist!

Anambralstson and his overrated anambra State (Best Eastern State), well done. Your brethren are already here chestbeating on erosion ravaged region

ANAMBRA STATE and the others.ebonyi state not among others.The name Umahi is Hausa
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Yenefer(f): 2:49pm On May 02, 2020
Deepfeel:
And you claim you are not a bigot you are only here to defend your region, is south east your region?

You are a bitter hypocrite lol

sharrap Dan iska
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Kennydoc(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm just telling you the fact!!

Sand filing isn't going to work in an erosion ravaged entity!!

They need to work on the drainage system...

Shut up, you ethnic bigot! So you won't sand-fill before building the drainages? How can you reclaim the land and build proper drainage without sand-filling?
BTW, if you didn't have selective blindness, you would have seen a massive concrete work drain they built there.

Gullies develop not necessarily because of poor drainages but because of the nature of the soil. Show me the states or regions that have good drainages even in their rural areas. None!

3 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Tunde835(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2020
Deepfeel:
Igbo Amaka
Beautiful houses everywhere
Ar U Kidding Me
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by egalitarianism: 2:50pm On May 02, 2020
akpunda86:

ANAMBRA STATE and the others.ebonyi state not among others.The name Umahi is Hausa
Why are you telling me?
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2020
Deepfeel:

Focus on your region

Once again Igbo Amaka , beautiful houses everywhere no brown roofs no mud house

Beautiful houses indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop / Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.