Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) (59498 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / Anambra Government Declares Free Transportation Within The State From December 1 / See What These Tankers Are Doing At Agulu Lake Road, Anambra- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by sonnie10: 4:19pm On May 02, 2020
ThinkSmarter:
U re wrong in ur assumption.
I am from SE, Ebonyi to be precise.
Most part of Anambra and little part of Imo and Enugu have sandy soil, especially along the bank of the river niger.
Ebonyi,Abia, greater part of Enugu have Benue like type of soil and topography.
Some part of Imo and Abia have niger delta type of topography n soil.
Some part of Ebonyi have Cross River like type of soil and weather, especially regions along the cross river basin.
These your grouping of area and soil type generalized lot. They are more than 10 different soil types in cross river state alone. It varies from sandy to coarse, stony and rocky then in between as you move from Calabar to Obudu and the Oban mountains
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Rvessels(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2020
Build other infrastructure that erosion will wipe off right?[b][/b]
athaboi:
Good work his Excellency, money spent on erosion control will be enough to build other better infrastructures but we can't question nature
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by arinze2015: 4:23pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm just telling you the fact!!

Sand filing isn't going to work on an erosion ravaged entity!!

They need to work on the drainage system...
thousands of people are dying in Kano, instead of you to focus on your failing region you are here playing bigotry game

kudos �
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by NaijadrivaCars: 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
Anambralstson:
O. Thursday, April 30, His Excellency, Chief Dr. Willie M. Obiano who inspected the ongoing 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Control Project.

100-Foot Road Nnewi was one of the major entrance to Nkwo Nnewi, a market that have an estimated annual turnover of $1billion, before it was seriously affected by erosion which swallowed the road, residential and commercial buildings. While it may be a surprise to many, the erosion started way-back in the 1970s and only got worsened last year.

The visit of His Excellency, which was primarily to ascertain the pace of work, afforded me the opportunity to express my appreciation to the Governor for acting promptly by engaging the services of an International Reputable Construction Company, Infrastructure Development Company (IDC), for the reclamation of 100-Foot Road Nnewi Erosion Site.
It will be recalled that one of the first motion I moved after I was sworn in as the Lawmaker representing Nnewi North in Anambra State House of Assembly, was the motion in which I raised alarm on the erosion which has cut-off 100-Foot Road and is posing a serious threat to Nkwo Nnewi Market.

With the involvement of other stakeholders, we reached out to His Excellency, in our different capacities calling for his timely intervention to save our town from the devastating effect of the erosion. The Governor being proactive, despite the pressure on the state budget, awarded the contract for the control and reclamation of the erosion.

The ongoing construction works on the Storm Water Diversion Deep Channel on the Fifty (50) Feet Deep 100-Foot Road Gully Erosion, Uruagu Nnewi, will bring lasting solutions to the problems of erosion menace in the area.

The project which will cost N4bn has succeeded in almost reclaiming the gully through the importation of laterite and compaction with careful channelization of the stormwater in a number of drains.

While we commend our Governor for this great effort, it is time for us to open discussion on the need for community participation in the management and protection of the environment from erosion.

Erosion does not just develop overnight, there are processes leading to them and this can be averted at the community level.

Although some gullies are caused by natural cracks in the earth and nature of our soil, most gully erosions in Anambra State are unnatural and can be averted. Most of the causes of erosions are traceable to bad management practices such as roads without proper drainage or catchments pits, blocking drainage channels with refuse, deforestation, unsustainable farming and mining of sand.

It is time for us to create institutions and implement policies that will guarantee a sustainable environment.

I did write about Nonso OKafor, who was with the Governor in Nnewi on that fateful day.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ArticleBeast: 4:28pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:

South east is Geographically vulnerable to erosion!
Those of us that live in the North know quite well that even in the next 50 years the north will remain underdeveloped. Before you call me Ipob or bla bla, I live in Zaria.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Tmb78(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2020
Deepfeel:

You are

Mentally ill
Fear of the Northerners, the beginning of your wisdom.

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 02, 2020
The chest-beating from my fellow anambrarians is fantastically absurd. Our underperforming eastern politicians greatly loves it.

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by kaima1984(f): 4:36pm On May 02, 2020
My 'CRIB',I miss home,thanks to my able Gov,I was scared last December on seeing the gully
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by northvietnam(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:

Can u bet on this

Enugu is rocky and full of mountains ....

Google can help u shaaaaa
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 02, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Those of us that live in the North know quite well that even in the next 50 years the north will remain underdeveloped. Before you call me Ipob or bla bla, I live in Zaria.
MR MAN... ABJ, KANO,JOS,KADUNA AND FEW OTHER NORTHERN CITIES ARE MORE DEVELOPED THAN SE.

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ejanla077: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
joepepsy:
But no fire service oo
Says who..
Nnewi have two fire service stations
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ejanla077: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
joepepsy:
But no fire service oo
Says who..
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ejanla077: 4:45pm On May 02, 2020
AllforJesus7:
Hmmm that place became a gully because many flood waters found their way through it.

Now that he's filled it up in the name of road construction, flood water will find other paths and may pose threats.

I guess the Nigerian way of solving a problem is to create another.

Arm chair engineer did u read d post
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by donkingzton01(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:

Shut up bitter fool and focus on your almajiri ravaged backward region
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 02, 2020
ogenyi1:
[s][/s]

What's this clown always yapping about. Nnewi is about the least city in Anambra but it is by far more planned, organized, decent, developed than your state capital that is littered with mud houses, planlessness, bad roads, filth and poverty.
can you engage sb in a debate without displaying infantile attitude. Maiduguri is far developed than Awka, Umuahia and Abakiliki, not minding her size

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by KenechukwuEdu: 4:52pm On May 02, 2020
[b][/b]
Davash222:
Names of the 36 States in Nigeria;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi

And others.

Stop this bro!
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Kez11: 4:53pm On May 02, 2020
Princedapace:

Hahahaaha, south east is the most backward region in the country, for real? hahahaahah

U are a total failure!

U can as well, say north east is the most developed region in the world. grin grin grin

Internet has made any one to write anything grin

The truth is that, south east is really doing well in terms of development after the civil war and the occasioned government marginalization.

I doubt if any region in Nigeria would have measured up the level south east has attain at the moment if they had gone through same fate that south east experienced.

They lost about 3million souls coupled with total halt on economic activities and destruction of buildings(residential and industries) for three uninterrupted years.

Though, much work is still expected but other regions should appreciate them rada than throw banter whenever south east thread is sighted.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by OkeyNW: 4:54pm On May 02, 2020
You are giving them with fact and photo proof.���[quote author=Anambralstson post=89100024][/quote]

1 Like

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 02, 2020
ejanla077:

Says who..
which are not really standard and functional. Onitsha fire comes to mind.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ArticleBeast: 4:56pm On May 02, 2020
Utthaan4:

MR MAN... ABJ, KANO,JOS,KADUNA AND FEW OTHER NORTHERN CITIES ARE MORE DEVELOPED THAN SE.
Stop visiting the state capital. I have travelled the 36 states of Nigeria. I will boldly tell you that the north is ths underdeveloped part of Nigeria. While Governors like Ganduje and El rufai (my best governor) are doing great, their infrastructural development is only for the state capital.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by engrchykae(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2020
helinues:
Nice one Gov Obiano

This kind of soil must be useful for something
it can be used for red oxide pigment as it has fe2o3 and aluminum compounds.
Africa is blessed but mental poverty is the problem.
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by ejanla077: 5:04pm On May 02, 2020
joepepsy:
But no fire service oo
Says who..
Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Princedapace(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2020
Kez11:

The truth is that, south east is really doing well in terms of development after the civil war and the occasioned government marginalization.

I doubt if any region in Nigeria would have measured up the level south east has attained at the moment if they had gone through same fate that south east experienced.

They lost about 3million souls coupled with total halt on economic activities and destruction of buildings(residential and industries) for 3years.

Though, much work is still expected but other regions should appreciate them rada than throw banter whenever south east thread is sighted.

Exactly what i keep saying! South east has done well for them selves. North east is not facing a full blown war like south east faced, north east is getting massive fund and FG funding, south east didnt enjoy any of these after the war, rather, many deliberate policies were enacted to hurt the region, yet the region and her people are not the poorest in the country. Unfortunately, it is the same north that is today the poorest region in the entire Africa. It is funny.

I always say it, no region would av survived what south east survived if south easterners are not naturally hardworking.. i mean, u can barely see any FG project in the east, barely. What makes the east is her people! The people are extremely hardworking and the easterner states can compete with any region in Nigeria today...

In general, the entire country is same: it is full of under development. But in per capital income and development, give it to the easterners, they have done well.. Small boko haram war, the entire world is funding north east, north east even has development commission where our collective wealth is been pumped in to help them stand. East didnt have anything like that. So, I say, bravo to the easterners.

3 Likes

Re: 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) by Cosbyrich: 5:23pm On May 02, 2020
Deepfeel:

Young man you are a jealous kid, don't derail this beautiful thread out of envy

The world knows Ibadan as the biggest slum city in the world

Truth is bitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Best European Country To Live In. / The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.