Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta (33429 Views)

Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta / Quadruplets: Ruth Onyekachi Buzugbe Gives Birth To 4 Babies At FMC Asaba. Photos / Conjoined Twins Separated At FMC Yola: New Look (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by zakim(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2020
The Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State, was thrown into panic on Saturday after a pregnant woman was said to have died from Covid-19 complications at the hospital.

Daily Trust gathered that the deceased, who was tested for COVID – 19 alongside two others – a male and a female, died while awaiting result of the test. A reliable source said when results of the trio returned, two tested positive, a male and the expectant mother who died, while the other female reportedly tested negative. Daily Trust gathered that the pregnant woman who had visited the obstetrics and gynaecology unit of the facility, was said to have been moved from one ward to the other before her death.

The other patient had been reportedly transferred to Ogun COVID – 19 isolation centre at Ikenne, while the deceased’s body was said to have been deposited at the FMC mortuary. It was further that the development thrown the facility into panic as no fewer four medical personnel had contact with the victims.

“As of now, no medical personnel has been quarantined but at least four of them had contact with the victims,” the source said. When contacted, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the FMC, Segun Orisajo, said, via SMS, “I am not in the position presently to confirm or otherwise of your request. Kindly hold on till tomorrow when the Management will make known its official response after due observance of laid down protocols on such a matter.”

On her part, the State Commissioner for Health, Dr Tomi Coker while responding to enquiry, said, “I am aware of the unfortunate demise of an obstetric patient at FMC. However, I am yet to receive a report from the clinical team at FMC.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-panic-as-pregnant-woman-dies-at-fmc-abeokuta.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Trailblazer1(m): 11:26pm On May 02, 2020
The innocent baby

Very sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by phelonrays: 11:29pm On May 02, 2020
shocked

RIP mam....

Covid_19 the almighty destroyer has finally claim you and the Happiness of your Love one's ......

May God Grant your soul eternal rest•••

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by cdyfoundation(m): 11:53pm On May 02, 2020
Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPF-UA8mmuc
Learn how to create text/Video animation on your phone.

You don’t need any prior knowledge in graphics design. All you need is your mobile phone.

It's incredibly easy. Start today and become an expert in hours.

Ps: It is FREE of charges for the early birds.
Call/Whatsapp
Zero 8 zero 604-497-97

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Racoon(m): 12:00am On May 03, 2020
Nigeria is really in a though situation with COVID19.Rest in Peace expectant mother & all the victims of this pandemic.

18 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by doggedfighter(f): 12:38am On May 03, 2020
Tough times are here cry cry

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by remigreat(f): 1:11am On May 03, 2020
Similar thing happened in Ekiti two weeks ago when a man brought his pregnant wife all the way from Lagos to come and deliver in ekiti not knowing she's a carrier of covid-19. All hands must be on deck now for contact tracing to avoid calamities.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by TreasureTayo(m): 5:27am On May 03, 2020
I hope the vaccines are made very soon. Heal the World, Lord. We seek your divine healing

13 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Olathunji010(m): 5:28am On May 03, 2020
May almighty God help us out in this kind of situation we currently find ourselves all over the world now amen

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by tezzwb(m): 5:28am On May 03, 2020
Hmmmmm.may God help us,R.I.P to the dead
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by manuelreports: 5:29am On May 03, 2020
RIP To her
Lagosians don't be in a haste to move out next week

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by hayesconcept(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2020
Hmmm. Rip to dead. If you like go out tomorrow na u sabi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Elvis2kay: 5:29am On May 03, 2020
tongue
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by mrabula34(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2020
may GOD bring an end to dis virus .AMEN.RIP

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by crossfm: 5:29am On May 03, 2020
We really need to keep all safety measures serious. The real thing is about to happen.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by bibiking7(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2020

Are they sure that she died from Covid 19 or pregnancy complications? Maternal mortality rate has been on the increase before covid 19.

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Afolabimills(m): 5:30am On May 03, 2020
So sad rest in peace sis
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by BlackArab(m): 5:31am On May 03, 2020
God have mercy on humanity.

Please!!!
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Rexnegro(m): 5:31am On May 03, 2020
God please have mercy on us all ���
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by LibertyRep: 5:32am On May 03, 2020
May the soul of the departed rest with the Lord.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by nnakelechi1(m): 5:32am On May 03, 2020
And After the government has seen this, they are still playing politics with it... see the way death toll is rising day by day.! They are planing to lift lockdown in Abeokuta
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by yusman493(m): 5:32am On May 03, 2020
May God heal the world, we need peace...

Rip to the dead..
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Roon9(m): 5:33am On May 03, 2020
It is well

Mayor her soul RIP

Call for a decent solar plan for your home and businesses comprising a 1kva luminous inverter, 200AH battery and 4*150W solar module for up to 18hrs uninterrupted power supply daily. All for just #315,000
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by nkwuocha1: 5:34am On May 03, 2020
Mmmm

Why can't ALL medical staffers be on Protective gears,I mean ALL down to nurses in ALL hospitals.We can't keep exposing our medical personnel to infected patients.

What kind of useless country is this?They prefer to share billions to the north than supply essential services?

If this gear is shared to 80% of doctors and nurses in private and government hospitals and clinics, they won't be scares attending to patients.Reason why people are dying is partly because medical personnel are scared of admitting sick people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by watchindelta(m): 5:34am On May 03, 2020
Stay safe coro na real
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Clinton207: 5:35am On May 03, 2020
So sad, may her soul Rest In Peace.

Let me quickly say this, there should be massive sensitization on proper use of face mask and gloves as the lock down would be eased tomorrow. Otherwise I’m in fear for my dear country.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by nauto: 5:36am On May 03, 2020
So bad
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by dingbang(m): 5:39am On May 03, 2020
Why can't lagosians simply wash their hands frequently and wear face masks
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by simhosting: 5:40am On May 03, 2020
May her soul rest in peace
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by seedorfg(m): 5:42am On May 03, 2020
I fear for us that have to go out before getting our daily bread o.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by GboyegaD(m): 5:43am On May 03, 2020
May her soul rest in peace. Pregnant folks are vulnerable and I pray as many that are pregnant, God will grant you safe pregnancy and delivery in Jesus Name.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by supereagle(m): 5:44am On May 03, 2020
nkwuocha1:
Mmmm

Why can't ALL medical staffers be on Protective gears,I mean ALL down to nurses in ALL hospitals.We can't keep exposing our medical personnel to infected patients.

What kind of useless country is this?They prefer to share billions to the north than supply essential services?

If this gear is shared to 80% of doctors and nurses in private and government hospitals and clinics, they won't be scares attending to patients.Reason why people are dying is partly because medical personnel are scared of admitting sick people.
Nigeria is a sham. We do not have focused proactive leaders. Their selfishness will not help to move Nigeria forward.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maduka Rescues Girl With SARS Stray Bullet And Amputation In Hospital / New Law Allows Nigerian Trained Medical Doctors To Bypass US Residency / My Experience At Apata General Hospital Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.