Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:19 AM

COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta (33516 Views)

Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta / Quadruplets: Ruth Onyekachi Buzugbe Gives Birth To 4 Babies At FMC Asaba. Photos / Conjoined Twins Separated At FMC Yola: New Look (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by naijazee2: 5:45am On May 03, 2020
God save our world
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by nkwuocha1: 5:47am On May 03, 2020
supereagle:

Nigeria is a sham. We do not have focused proactive leaders. Their selfishness will not help to move Nigeria forward.

Like I no just understand this worthless country called Nigeria.No medical staff should be working without the gear.If Germany stopped export of this to countries because they know that they need as much to safe their medical personnel.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Funjosh(m): 5:48am On May 03, 2020
God help us all this trying time.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by webincomeplus(m): 6:00am On May 03, 2020
bibiking7:

Are they sure that she died from Covid 19 or pregnancy complications? Maternal mortality rate has been on the increase before covid 19.

The most important detail here is that she tested positive to COVID-19. As for how infected patients die, it's always either of 2 ways: The virus bombards the respiratory system until it fails or it potentiates underlying conditions that the person might have been nursing over time.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Unrated900(m): 6:12am On May 03, 2020
This quovik 1 9 is a spirit
Kills some,spear some
God please heal
This country.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by liverpool72(m): 6:50am On May 03, 2020
bibiking7:

Are they sure that she died from Covid 19 or pregnancy complications? Maternal mortality rate has been on the increase before covid 19.

dont mind dem brother continue with ur mumu
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:58am On May 03, 2020
remigreat:
Similar thing happened in Ekiti two weeks ago when a man brought his pregnant wife all the way from Lagos to come and deliver in ekiti not knowing she's a carrier of covid-19. All hands must be on deck now for contact tracing to avoid calamities.

Did the woman die, too?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Dcoy: 7:11am On May 03, 2020
The way our government is handling this pandemic coupled with the corrupt nature of our law enforcement officers and the general public, in addition to our normal sentimental appointment at the NCDC and other government organs.. Nigeria go soon enter world map for corona destruction
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by juman(m): 7:13am On May 03, 2020
dingbang:
Why can't lagosians simply wash their hands frequently and wear face masks

Water is scarce in nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by juman(m): 7:15am On May 03, 2020
Right now getting medicine to treat corona is important than vaccine thing.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by letilex: 7:46am On May 03, 2020
OK WELL CAN WE JUST MAKE A STAY AT HOME MASK USING PAPER TOWELS .LET US HELP OURSELVES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsIPhvQNMY
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by jaxxy(m): 7:47am On May 03, 2020
I believe if sm1 is waiting for test results and is in critical condition they shud be immediately attended to with covid19 precautions in place till their results comes out... people can't be waiting like sitting ducks while in critical conditions because of delayed tests results. It's WRONG!!!!

This shud be looked into.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Openbusiness: 7:56am On May 03, 2020
dingbang:
Why can't lagosians simply wash their hands frequently and wear face masks
Don't you know people can be infected through their skins too or can be infected through the eyes or by breathing air contaminated with the virus? Will they be bathing on the road every second? That's the reality. Nose masks alone can't guarantee 100% protection from infection. WHy do you think the health workers handling patients are covered from head to toe with protective equipment. Many people will rush out in Lagos tomorrow with face masks and sanitizers thinking that's all they need to not be infected, thinking they will just rub sanitizer on their hands every 5 minutes and they are safe. No they are not safe. THE ENTIRE HUMAN SKIN IS AN ENTRY POINT for the virus
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by CasNova(m): 8:03am On May 03, 2020
This was an unfortunate situation.

RIP to the dead.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Staro: 8:08am On May 03, 2020
Na waoo
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by ohiz2007(m): 8:08am On May 03, 2020
Openbusiness:

Don't you know people can be infected through their skins too or can be infected through the eyes or by breathing air contaminated with the virus? Will they be bathing on the road every second? That's the reality. Nose masks alone can't guarantee 100% protection from infection. WHy do you think the health workers handling patients are covered from head to toe with protective equipment. Many people will rush out in Lagos tomorrow with face masks and sanitizers thinking that's all they need to not be infected, thinking they will just rub sanitizer on their hands every 5 minutes and they are safe. No they are not safe. THE ENTIRE HUMAN SKIN IS AN ENTRY POINT for the virus

You are quite right but the government is also in a difficult situation (economy and people's health).

To strike a balance is difficult.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Perfecttouchade: 8:11am On May 03, 2020
I will blame the leaders for this shit, they weren't proactive at all..ebola would av killed alot of people in Nigeria but we had great men and women in the forefront of leadership but just look at this shit now, omo mehn Nigeria don cast o
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Openbusiness: 8:11am On May 03, 2020
i will just advice anyone that has BP issues in Lagos, please and please for YOUR OWN SAKE, stay @ HOME! And avoid contact with people even in your own home, especially people that have been going out. Wash your hands with soap and water mixed with Dettol antiseptic, and take your bath with water mixed with dettol. Dettol has not been proven at this time to kill THIS CURRENT LATEST coronavirus aka COVID-19, but dettol has killed previous strains of the virus. The reason they don't know whether it can kill this new virus or not is because they haven't had access to the sample of the virus for testing in their labs. In any case, disinfectants like Dettol, Savlon are safe to use add to your bathing water and use to bath. Coronavirus NUMBER 1 favorite food is the LUNGS, and that's what kills most of the victims, breathing problems and they can't breathe again and they die. The second favorite food is the LIVER, so make sure you are drinking enough water everyday. Water is a natural cleanser for the body and it helps the liver. Make sure you drink CLEAN water only, meaning water that is NOT CONTAMINATED. Don't be drinking government tap water at this point. If you must, boil it and let it cool before you drink and don't drink to the bottom where residue may have settled. At least 5 sachets of pure water a day is ok (clean pure water oh, well produced, not the one someone filled with government tap water and sealed it inside his bedroom with sealer). And those who are using BP medicines, please use it religiously as prescribed by your doctor, don't let your breathing get weak before you start taking it serious and avoid anything stress that will increase your BP. Because God forbid your BP rises and you have BP breathing issues, and then you now contract coronavirus on top of that. Na straight die be that oh. May God help us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Openbusiness: 8:17am On May 03, 2020
ohiz2007:

You are quite right but the government is also in a difficult situation (economy and people's health).

To strike a balance is difficult.
the situation is very simple and straightforward: LOSE MONEY or LOSE LIVES
The government chose to LOSE LIVES. Let's wait and see whether they will regret the decision or not. I won't argue about it
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by definateli: 8:17am On May 03, 2020
TreasureTayo:
I hope the vaccines are made very soon. Heal the World, Lord. We seek your divine healing

But the problem is some religious folks have already started telling people to reject the vaccine because it is 666
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by juman(m): 8:29am On May 03, 2020
New world order.

Anybody can just fall down and die or sick for few days and die.
Corona.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Buchyke8(m): 8:39am On May 03, 2020
I'm not happy hearing that medical staff are exposed to this virus...with all the happenings...simply apply cuation to any patient in the hospital....Dont risk it
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by castrol180(m): 8:52am On May 03, 2020
This country is doom
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by TreasureTayo(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2020
definateli:

But the problem is some religious folks have already started telling people to reject the vaccine because it is 666
i pity them. I heard of it too. they keep saying its 666 shit. How about the herb made in Madagascar? Cant we use it? Must we wait for WHO?
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by davit: 9:00am On May 03, 2020
Unfortunately, the PPEs are not adequate. So they cannot always be in it.

Isn't it so sad. cry
nkwuocha1:
Mmmm

Why can't ALL medical staffers be on Protective gears,I mean ALL down to nurses in ALL hospitals.We can't keep exposing our medical personnel to infected patients.

What kind of useless country is this?They prefer to share billions to the north than supply essential services?

If this gear is shared to 80% of doctors and nurses in private and government hospitals and clinics, they won't be scares attending to patients.Reason why people are dying is partly because medical personnel are scared of admitting sick people.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by nkwuocha1: 9:27am On May 03, 2020
davit:
Unfortunately, the PPEs are not adequate. So they cannot always be in it.

Isn't it so sad. cry

We can start first by producing ours, sincerely I don't see much thingy in producing a not too advanced but reliable ones for a start.Nigeria just love to import.
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Akindele2490(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2020
For Sale..
Fairly Used
Xiaomi Note 7
4gb Ram ,128gb Rom
Xcharge Fast charger
No defect
Very neat
For serious buyer living around Osogbo and Ife axis and ready to meet me in person..
Price 45k
Call / WhatApp - 08063656435
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by kgb101: 10:39am On May 03, 2020
bibiking7:

I think it's fraudulent to say she died from the virus. Why not also test for Malaria, lassa fever, HIV etc. I cannot still understand why the medical community decided to take this approach in counting covid deaths
Re: COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta by Tillatalk: 1:16pm On May 03, 2020
Two souls gone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Conjoined Female Twins Separated At The University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital / Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat / How Will I Cure My Pile,please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.