Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133099 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CaptainFM1: 1:50am On May 04, 2020
femi4:
Olodo, you ve never been to the four walls of classroom before

At that stage, they ve already known sense organs and their functions even from verbal reasoning. So brain and its function is the least of their worries

If your 4years old boy ask you where you got his 1month old sister from, I'm sure you will have a simple answer for him. You're not going to teach him what reproduction is all about. That's what the author has done.

I think all the people that think the author is wrong need to read the objectives of the book. And most importantly, they need to know what teaching is all about.

Look at this simple mathematics and how we were thought at various levels

(a) 3 - 5 = They simply told us "impossible" at Pry 1, maybe up to Pry 2.

(b) 3 - 5 = They later told us "you borrow 1" from the number in the front and 3 magically turns to 13! Its comprehensible for Pry 3 upward, but could easily confused a pry 1 pupil.

(c) 3 - 5 = -2 Wow, they told us it minus 2! You can bet you will fry a pry 1 brain dead by trying to explain that.

I hope you get this simple analogy. Curriculums are made to suit age brackets. And as we grow, it is gradually expanded, explained better and corrections made to erroneous concept where necessary.

There are a lot of things I learnt in secondary school that had to be corrected at Tertiary level. Not that they couldn't teach us in secondary school, but that's where the curriculum limits them for that level.

Life is in stages. We crawl >>>stand >>>walk>>>run>>>fly. Various lessons will be learnt at each stage!

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CaptainFM1: 2:08am On May 04, 2020
MVLOX:

I get your point but get mine too.... even in Nigeria children are now taught same sex marriage just as they are taught polyandry, but they are also reminded that these forms of life styles are not accepted here in Nigeria. What that author of that text book did was generalize that is he is using is office to tell anybody who reads that textbook that the main purpose of the head is for carrying load. He is right and wrong at the same time. Right in that in some areas in Nigeria and the world that is true but wrong in that this is not a general thing. More reason he could have written something that is generally accepted worldwide while making reference to what is accepted in different areas and localities.

Get the text book and read the objectives of the book.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CaptainFM1: 2:20am On May 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

In all honesty, carrying load is not the first thing that comes to mind

You still haven't answered the question!

You find it very easy saying what doesn't come to your mind but the question is "What is the first thing that comes to your mind"?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Adewale94(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2020
Buahahahaha. Oh my gosh ...

Ok, all of you complaining here, let me direct the question to you.

What are the functions of the head?

As an educationist, i dont see anythig wrong with this lesson. These things are used to teach children about practical life.
For example, we use our legs to walk
We use our eyes to see
We use our hands to touch take objects and so on. So what would you now say you do with the head if not to carry loads?

Free them abeg.

Answer my question o. Hehehhehehhe

Abi o, to those people shouting, abusing the author
Pry 1 and 1 =11
Reality 1and 1=2
The author was just trying to pass the info those kids can digest..
Haba
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Papadoh(m): 11:27am On May 04, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?
It is used for headbutting.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Papadoh(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2020
CaptainFM1:

If your 4years old boy ask you where you got his 1month old sister from, I'm sure you will have a simple answer for him. You're not going to teach him what reproduction is all about. That's what the author has done.

I think all the people that think the author is wrong need to read the objectives of the book. And most importantly, they need to know what teaching is all about.

(b) 3 - 5 = They later told us "you borrow 1" from the number in the front and 3 magically turns to 13! Its comprehensible for Pry 3 upward, but could easily confused a pry 1 pupil.

(c) 3 - 5 = -2 Wow, they told us it minus 2! You can bet you will fry a pry 1 brain dead by trying to explain that.

I hope you get this simple analogy. Curriculums are made to suit age brackets. And as we grow, it is gradually expanded, explained better and corrections made to erroneous concept where necessary.

There are a lot of things I learnt in secondary school that had to be corrected at Tertiary level. Not that they couldn't teach us in secondary school, but that's where the curriculum limits them for that level.

Life is in stages. We crawl >>>stand >>>walk>>>run>>>fly. Various lessons will be learnt at each stage!
Your head is correct.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by obaro85: 11:35am On May 04, 2020
Please for those of us with younger once share with them

The below links are for students, online classes start Monday between 9am-1pm

JSS1-
https://newsonthegotoday.com/gw91qh

JSS2- https://newsonthegotoday.com/wiujma

JSS3- https://newsonthegotoday.com/pothcn

SS1 ARTS/COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/eg79zd

SS1 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/y3zrif

SS2 ARTS/COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/paeg0k

SS2 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/ocn2pj

SS3 ARTS- https://newsonthegotoday.com/om4x7h

SS3 SCIENCE- https://newsonthegotoday.com/d645ho

SS3 COMMERCIAL- https://newsonthegotoday.com/qsvh0e
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 11:45am On May 04, 2020
CaptainFM1:

You still haven't answered the question!

You find it very easy saying what doesn't come to your mind but the question is "What is the first thing that comes to your mind"?

To think
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by tammie24: 11:46am On May 04, 2020
femi4:
you are wrong. What happened to "The head houses or protects the brain". That's the primary function of the head.

Don't tell me pry1 or pry2 pupil will not comprehend that
that's why you have so many dumb people on nairaland

Haba

I have a child in primary 1 and she even knows the digestive system not to talk of simple functions of the head which is NOT for carrying load

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Morgning: 12:48pm On May 04, 2020
Ahaha who made those books? I would call the publishing house (or write them) and tell them what I think about that...
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by omotowo2: 7:42am On May 05, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Must we over stress things?

For those saying the head is used to cover the brain... Does that even make sense to you? How do you teach that to a child? Prior before the invention of carriers, don't you use your head to carry loads when your hand is tired?

If the hand can be used to wash clothes, why can't the head be used to carry load?

Or will you teach the child that clothes is watched by washing machine and not hand too?

How do you want somebody like Buhari with the brain of a Kindergarten to understand this?

Guy u be baba were I swear
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Fatty26(f): 12:53pm On May 06, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?
. Abi o
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by okooloyun1(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2020
CaptainFM1:

you're right

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.