Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133105 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Abcruz(m): 3:23pm On May 03, 2020
femi4:
you are wrong. What happened to "The head houses or protects the brain". That's the primary function of the head.

Don't tell me pry1 or pry2 pupil will not comprehend that

At that class, the pupils mainly understand what they can see and practice daily.

Brain might seem like an abstract concept at that level.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CheedyJ(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?
To protect d anus..

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by daddycee91(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?

Head is used for thinking
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MartinsD12(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2020
Biafra1stson:
grin
For those saying the author is wrong, the head is not for carrying load, tell us what then is the function of the head

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by sugarlyn: 3:53pm On May 03, 2020
the author would have said " uses of the head not function of the head".
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by clemmonce(m): 3:55pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

did you think a pry1 pupil wil understand ur view?
you knw the answer is NO.

Those class(pry1 and pry2) are elementary class.
that doesnt mean carrying load is d best answer,bt atleast they wil gt that easily.

as times goes on,they wil be more expose.

wil u tell a pry2 kids that 2 + 3 x 2 = 8?(bodmas) NO.
I Will mark it if he choose 10 as an answer.
for his/her level,he tried
Now I understand your view. Nice talking to you.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 3:55pm On May 03, 2020
daddycee91:

can you draw where a head is thinking?
Thinking is abstract, can not be illustrated to kids.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Worthie(m): 3:55pm On May 03, 2020
I just asked my little cousin in basic 1 here that what is the function of the head and she said the function of the head is to think, after that I now asked her that what about to carry load and she replied "my hand"

3 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by tonapuck: 3:58pm On May 03, 2020
daddycee91:

That's not practical, so what's the use of brain.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lozanni(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2020
Oyiboman69:

I believe you have a child or relatives...use that line to teach them about the head and tell me the result after you finish...

The world is moving at a very fast pace now.
With IT and digitalization, you find out that the way you were taught in primary school back then, is so outdated to what is being taught now.
Some school start teaching computer programming right from the primary School level now and many of those kids have their own study laptops.
Did you have the above when you were in primary school ?

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Anigreat: 4:02pm On May 03, 2020
femi4:
you are wrong. What happened to "The head houses or protects the brain". That's the primary function of the head.

Don't tell me pry1 or pry2 pupil will not comprehend that

Primary function of head is to protect and house brain?

At your age you don't know basic functions of the head, and you're attacking the author? so shameful, so so shameful.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by toluleke(m): 4:05pm On May 03, 2020
The text book is right head for load . The problem about Nigeria's education is we hardly do pratical that why we have so many pH.d, Prof and nothing to show. Why teach a child something abstract when you can have a perfect example
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lozanni(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2020
babtunns:

critical thinking for primary level...if na so then teach you ... u go know anything?

The method of teaching for primary school children has changed so much now.
The fact you were not taught that way does not mean teaching methods will not change.
Some schools are now teaching computer programming at the primary School level, but am sure you were not taught that and might then think to yourself that it is not possible for it to be understood by students at that level.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by deavicky(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2020
Biafra1stson:
grin
I know that book is an old textbook that was used in the 80's.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 4:08pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:

good, then tell me, what is head used for?

Let me ask you

What do you think it's used for? What would you tell your child it's used for?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Brunicekid(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2020
Randal:
I'll go to the school and request for refund and then withdraw my child from there.
You ought to calm down, and check the entire content of the textbook. That might have been a mistake.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 4:11pm On May 03, 2020
lozanni:

The method of teaching for primary school children has changed so much now.
The fact you were not taught that way does not mean teaching methods will not change.
Some schools are now teaching computer programming at the primary School level, but am sure you were not taught that and might then think to yourself that it is not possible for it to be understood by students at that level.

That's why when children from different places gather, some cannot speak and match up to others. Because their parents have taught them their heads are for carrying load when the others have been told it is a processing centre; houses the brain.

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Kaysalas(m): 4:13pm On May 03, 2020
sureteeboy:

Yes, I got your point. What I'm just trying to say is, people still carry loads with head here in Africa, especially in areas where there is water scarcity, you'll see people fetching water from nearby compounds and transporting it on their head home.
So, I think it's not out of place to tell nursery students that the head is used for carrying load, especially when it's not stated that it's the only function the head is used for. As the students progress in learning, they'll learn about the real function of the head that might be too complex for their young minds to understand.
The way I can just fault the textbook is if it is directed to students in the primary section and above. Then it will be grossly misleading.
Hope you get my point.
O.k
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Kaysalas(m): 4:17pm On May 03, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Wen i first read it, i was like
The children of the influentials dat dont know how to use head carry load wil b like..

1st ajebuter:- How do dey use head in carrying load
2nd butter:- Seriously i dont knw, let ask chukwudi

Butters:- Chukwudi, how do dey use head carry load??

Chwukudi(kpako):- U put am for ur head na

Butter:- u mean like a payloader??

Chukwudi:- wetin b payloader U mean basia wey dem dey use carry banga from farm?

Butters:- What is banga shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chukwudi:- banga na banga na, banga no get two names, banga na banga

Butters:- English name pls!!

Chukwudi:- BANGA.
U nor well, I swear! grin grin
This really got me laffing like craze person
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ajebuter(f): 4:31pm On May 03, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Wen i first read it, i was like
The children of the influentials dat dont know how to use head carry load wil b like..

1st ajebuter:- How do dey use head in carrying load
2nd butter:- Seriously i dont knw, let ask chukwudi

Butters:- Chukwudi, how do dey use head carry load??

Chwukudi(kpako):- U put am for ur head na

Butter:- u mean like a payloader??

Chukwudi:- wetin b payloader U mean basia wey dem dey use carry banga from farm?

Butters:- What is banga shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chukwudi:- banga na banga na, banga no get two names, banga na banga

Butters:- English name pls!!

Chukwudi:- BANGA.

Present sir!

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by emmangrace: 4:31pm On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?
of all functions of the head is it carrying load only that the author can use? Do you know that in some places they don't use head to carry load because their heads is sacred to them?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by emmangrace: 4:34pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

you knw nthg or little abt teaching.
am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class.
for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily.
the author needs to come down to their level
of all functions of the head is it carrying load only that the author can use? Do you know that in some places they don't use head to carry load because their heads is sacred to them?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Oyiboman69: 4:40pm On May 03, 2020
lozanni:

The world is moving at a very fast pace now.
With IT and digitalization, you find out that the way you were taught in primary school back then, is so outdated to what is being taught now.
Some school start teaching computer programming right from the primary School level now and many of those kids have their own study laptops.
Did you have the above when you were in primary school ?
to your last question, I said no I don't... Don't ever despise the humble beginning cos it shaping our future. I don't know how old you are but I know you must have used some of those materials.

People see some of those things as outdated but I see improvement on the old ones...

Let me tell you something... Do you know that when teaching a child, you have to paint a picture in your illustrations?,...lets say...the head is where the eye ,nose and some parts of the body are situated...you can also explain that the head can be used to carry things... You can say,I used my head to carry a bucket by taken the bucket and place it on your head...this is the little among the many you'll have to face when teaching children.
He may not be entirely right by now but discrediting his hard work is disheartening... My opinion though.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by tunary(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?
You people misunderstand yourselves. what is the difference between the head and the skull?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by tunary(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2020
CheedyJ:
To protect d anus..
lol lmao hahahahaha
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by xcelentattitude(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Call the teacher and voice out my concerns to him/her.......which kind suffer mentality be this.

Which teacher

Is the teacher the one at fault

I guess you're one of those parents who would always threaten to beat up a teacher for anything their kids tell them. undecided

No offense sha wink
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MVLOX(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2020
3plechief:

You are just contradicting yourself. That book was written so Nigerian children in a particular age group can relate with, and for the targeted audience the information has to be basic and very relatable to what they see In their environment.
It is now part of the school curriculum in the west to teach "nursery " classes that parents in a family can also be made up of same sex genders(two male or two female). Will Nigeria adopt those children books and indoctrinated our children following your arguement?
Imagine the confusion that will be created in children minds if we do

I get your point but get mine too.... even in Nigeria children are now taught same sex marriage just as they are taught polyandry, but they are also reminded that these forms of life styles are not accepted here in Nigeria. What that author of that text book did was generalize that is he is using is office to tell anybody who reads that textbook that the main purpose of the head is for carrying load. He is right and wrong at the same time. Right in that in some areas in Nigeria and the world that is true but wrong in that this is not a general thing. More reason he could have written something that is generally accepted worldwide while making reference to what is accepted in different areas and localities.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by OlawaleBammie: 5:06pm On May 03, 2020
grin grin
Kaysalas:

U nor well, I swear! grin grin
This really got me laffing like craze person

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Dreyton36: 5:13pm On May 03, 2020
MrPaul2:

Don't be angry please, what is head use for?
There are different type of head, which one grin

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?
hr
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by solomonsly11(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2020
The money should not be returned to this government they will share it among themselves what of the previous ones World Bank released to them they found it difficult to account for it.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by JaruJaru890: 5:20pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?
i tire o. All i know is that head is for carrying load

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.