Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133104 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MrPaul2: 5:27pm On May 03, 2020
Dreyton36:

There are different type of head, which one grin
Because I think the author is correct in all sense. Just imagine that pregnant access bank staff who fainted in Lagos, her head couldn't carry the load the sack letter gave her so she had to look for how to shear it with sympathizers grin

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Oshokalo: 5:30pm On May 03, 2020
But wait o,who can give one function of head
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 5:34pm On May 03, 2020
Anigreat:

Primary function of head is to protect and house brain?

At your age you don't know basic functions of the head, and you're attacking the author? so shameful, so so shameful.
Blind boy, where did you see "and"
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lytech1(m): 5:34pm On May 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

thanks for this comment, as if most of them didn't carry load on their heads when young.

most misunderstood your comment cos you used "the author needs to come down to their level", I will suggest "the author had to come down to their level"
thanx
wil correct dat
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Stomoney(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2020
lol. nawa for niger people.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Advancedman(m): 5:57pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?

Carrying, Emotional, Intellectual, Psychological and Physical LOADS.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2020
Advancedman:

Carrying, Emotional, Intellectual, Psychological and Physical LOADS.
pls draw it for us so that our children and urs will understand it.
Can u draw those?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2020
ImaIma1:

Let me ask you

What do you think it's used for? What would you tell your child it's used for?

i have asked you several times, since u sabi book pass the writer, tell us wey be olodo mek we learn. If you have nothing tangible to say just park one side and stop rigmarolling.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lozanni(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2020
Oyiboman69:
to your last question, I said no I don't... Don't ever despise the humble beginning cos it shaping our future. I don't know how old you are but I know you must have used some of those materials.

People see some of those things as outdated but I see improvement on the old ones...

Let me tell you something... Do you know that when teaching a child, you have to paint a picture in your illustrations?,...lets say...the head is where the eye ,nose and some parts of the body are situated...you can also explain that the head can be used to carry things... You can say,I used my head to carry a bucket by taken the bucket and place it on your head...this is the little among the many you'll have to face when teaching children.
He may not be entirely right by now but discrediting his hard work is disheartening... My opinion though.

No, am not trying to discredit the author's work.
I am just advising that he updates the book in line with recent developments in our educational system; he can edit the book in future editions, as many other books are edited, to take cognisance of recent developments
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Sani29(m): 6:07pm On May 03, 2020
U are right,it might just for beginners.
lytech1:

you knw nthg or little abt teaching.
am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class.
for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily.
the author had to come down to their level
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Dreyton36: 6:11pm On May 03, 2020
MrPaul2:

Because I think the author is correct in all sense. Just imagine that pregnant access bank staff who fainted in Lagos, her head couldn't carry the load the sack letter gave her so she had to look for how to shear it with sympathizers grin
Lol grin grin funny dude , naija they turn out head everyday, head burn

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by whyom09: 6:15pm On May 03, 2020
IT IS QUITE UNFORTUNATE THAT THIS HAS GENERATED A LOT OF CONTROVERSIAL COMMENTS.

FROM MY OBSERVATION, I REALIZE THAT THERE ARE BASICALLY 2 GROUPS/ CATEGORIES OF PEOPLE COMMENTING. THOSE WHO ARE IN SUPPORT OF THE WRITER OF THE BOOK AND THOSE WHO ARE AGAINST. THOSE WHOSE LINE OF THINKING IS "ELITIST/FOREIGN" AND THOSE WHO ARE "CONSERVATIVE/ BELIEVE IN HOME GROWN EDUCATION."

EVERY SCHOOL HAS ITS VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT WHICH INFLUENCES ITS CHOICE OF CURRICULUM, AND THE CURRICULUM INFLUENCES THE CHOICE OF THE TEXTBOOKS TO BE USED AND WHAT THE TEACHER TEACHES.

THEREFORE, I THINK THERE IS NOTHING TOTALLY WRONG SEEING MY CHILD READING THE BOOK. AFTER ALL AS A PARENT YOU CAN ALSO ADD TO WHAT YOUR CHILD HAS LEARNT IN SCHOOL.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 6:21pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:

i have asked you several times, since u sabi book pass the writer, tell us wey be olodo mek we learn. If you have nothing tangible to say just park one side and stop rigmarolling.

I have answered it more than once already on this thread. Read up!
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Ajibola001: 6:22pm On May 03, 2020
Head is the processing center of the body...Do you think pupils of age range 2 to 5 will understand this? So the book is absolutely correct

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ChengHun(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2020
What's d title of that book and who is the author. Government need to start censoring books like film now o.
away from that
If u are interested in learning videoscribe or explaindio. chat me up. I will guide on how to get the set up and how to use it.
Within one week u will be making your own videos. You can create adverts for people and make money. I will always be available any time you need assistance
just chat me up and I will respond. call/chat me on 0.9.0.3.1.1.0.1.2.5.6
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2020
LordShiva97:

The attached picture was talking about function, not uses.

I was having a chat with an adult.

But to kids, you explain these things using their usages.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
ImaIma1:

I have answered it more than once already on this thread. Read up!
you would have used this energy you have been wasting running up and down to answer me, simple.
So i should start searching for your answer on the whole thread.....clap for urself.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 03, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

No, I don't have my answer.

What would you have written if you were the writer of the book?

That is the answer I am looking for.

In Europe, backs are used for carrying loads. I am sure that at a certain period in their education, the pupils don't immediately get taught that the back houses the spine. Children learn about uses. It makes it easier that way. The textbook says functions, but the pupils are to learn by the usage of the specific body part.

Learning is a gradual process.

Do you also know the teachers prepare lesson notes they use for teaching and are not going to be so dumb to use the word "function" but "uses" to present it to the children?

There's really no need for all these arguments. Fact remains, one of the uses of the head in AFRICA is for carrying load.
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 7:30pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:

you would have used this energy you have been wasting running up and down to answer me, simple.
So i should start searching for your answer on the whole thread.....clap for urself.

Yes.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by whyom09: 7:31pm On May 03, 2020
FOR CLARITY'S SAKE, IT IS A FACT THAT HUMAN BEINGS CARRY LOADS ON THEIR HEADS. SO WE SHOULD KNOW THAT THE HEAD HAS BIOLOGICAL, OCCUPATIONAL AND RECREATIONAL FUNCTIONS.

AS A WHOLE, THE HEAD PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS, AMONG OTHERS: TO THINK, TO FEEL, SENSE, INTUIT, HEAR, SEE, SMELL,TASTE, CHEW, SWALLOW AND BREATHE.

THE OCCUPATIONAL FUNCTION OF THE HEAD INCLUDE CARRYING OF LOAD ON THE HEAD WHILE THE RECREATIONAL FUNCTION OF THE HEAD INCLUDE PLAYING FOOTBALL OR OTHER SPORTS.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 7:52pm On May 03, 2020
ImaIma1:

Yes.

tiedo eti eti
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by vickydevoka(m): 8:19pm On May 03, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
For headbutting. grin grin grin
Lol
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ernieboy(m): 9:17pm On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?
nothing, but dat is not the function of the head
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Tundehano(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

you knw nthg or little abt teaching.
am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class.
for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily.
the author had to come down to their level
God bless you
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 03, 2020
chocboi78:
it doesnt justify carrying load as a function of the head

nobody has given a better option you know ?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Agency0221: 10:42pm On May 03, 2020
Lol
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Chimasoka: 11:04pm On May 03, 2020
20 Shocking Discoveries About Human Body Parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWD2uvPfLMo
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by DonMekino(m): 11:14pm On May 03, 2020
At this age, their senses are about reality, what they can see, touch feel hear, and that is what they are doing...it might not be primary, maybe nursery class sef
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CuteYvonne777: 11:42pm On May 03, 2020
Flavour and Phyno had a Blood Oath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw8aJ2tvpc
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Candoit: 12:01am On May 04, 2020
Dreyton36:

You just said I know nothing and you're saying saying the author needs to come down to their level
Now ask yourself, are you alright at all?

English is not easy after all.

The author needs to come down to their level,hence that write up.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Candoit: 12:04am On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

No, am not trying to discredit the author's work.
I am just advising that he updates the book in line with recent developments in our educational system; he can edit the book in future editions, as many other books are edited, to take cognisance of recent developments

What recent development is the head being used for?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by CaptainFM1: 1:43am On May 04, 2020
If your 4years old boy ask you where you got his 1month old sister from, I'm sure you will have a simple answer for him. You're not going to teach him what reproduction is all about. That's what the author has done.

I think all the people that think the author is wrong need to read the objectives of the book. And most importantly, they need to know what teaching is all about.

Look at this simple mathematics and how we were thought at various levels

(a) 3 - 5 = They simply told us "impossible" at Pry 1, maybe up to Pry 2.

(b) 3 - 5 = They later told us "you borrow 1" from the number in the front and 3 magically turns to 13! Its comprehensible for Pry 3 upward, but could easily confused a pry 1 pupil.

(c) 3 - 5 = -2 Wow, they told us it minus 2! You can bet you will fry a pry 1 brain dead by trying to explain that.

I hope you get this simple analogy. Curriculums are made to suit age brackets. And as we grow, it is gradually expanded, explained better and corrections made to erroneous concept where necessary.

There are a lot of things I learnt in secondary school that had to be corrected at Tertiary level. Not that they couldn't teach us in secondary school, but that's where the curriculum limits them for that level.

Life is in stages. We crawl >>>stand >>>walk>>>run>>>fly. Various lessons will be learnt at each stage!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.