Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133102 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by apexx3470: 11:49am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 2942395[/color]
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bonnyhope: 11:49am On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

you knw nthg or little abt teaching.
am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class.
for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily.
the author needs to come down to their level

You shouldn't have answered all these "i too know" on this forum

Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lozanni(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?

Nothing, but the primary position of the author should have been that the head is where the human brain is located and it is used for critical thinking.
The author's after stating the above could then state that the head can also be used for carrying loads over a distance.

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Davidonkonsults: 11:51am On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

Maybe your children.

3 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Ayemileto(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2020
femi4:
Olodo, you ve never been to the four walls of classroom before

At that stage, they ve already known sense organs and their functions even from verbal reasoning. So brain and its function is the least of their worries

You're contradicting yourself already.

In your post up there, you said you get introduced to basic science in Primary 3 - 5.

Right here, you're saying Sense Organs is being taught in Primary 1.

Is that not part of basic science?

In another of your post, you also said you didn't know what the skull is in Primary 1, but here, you're claiming Primary 1 pupils don't have problem understanding what the brain is.

9 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Charleyz: 11:52am On May 03, 2020
I will go straight to the school and ask for refund,.
Old Instagram account for sell, like over 5yrs, interested person
D.M WhatsApp 08135162270
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Itesi(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2020
I will recommended him to this group of people

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCechNOVikje87IU0EWbRw7A
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by afribabe: 11:53am On May 03, 2020
Biafra1stson:
grin
I need to see the book cover. Imagine, that's the only thing they could come up with for the head?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bewla(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2020
Randal:
I'll go to the school and request for refund and then withdraw my child from there.
Load na load o family wahala na load o

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Uniportadmision: 11:55am On May 03, 2020
Lol this topic, but seriously what's the use of the head?

Giving head? grin

Head is used to wear caps by our fathers smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by smokeyupu(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2020
I no fit shout
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 03, 2020
Buahahahaha. Oh my gosh ...

Ok, all of you complaining here, let me direct the question to you.

What are the functions of the head?

As an educationist, i dont see anythig wrong with this lesson. These things are used to teach children about practical life.
For example, we use our legs to walk
We use our eyes to see
We use our hands to touch take objects and so on. So what would you now say you do with the head if not to carry loads?

Free them abeg.

Answer my question o. Hehehhehehhe

4 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by DimFemmy(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?

Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Kaysalas(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?
Thinking!
Use your head bro!
Remember the saying?

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by apexx7367: 11:57am On May 03, 2020
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by skimena: 11:58am On May 03, 2020
The head is for u to think of how to go ahead in life n not to carry load.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Darksider131: 11:58am On May 03, 2020
femi4:
yes, pry 3 -5, that's when they started introducing us to basic science etc
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Reference(m): 11:58am On May 03, 2020
Actually the head is for carrying loads if you care to THINK deeply.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Kaysalas(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
If the hand can be used to wash clothes, why can't the head be used to carry load?
Funny U grin

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lytech1(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2020
femi4:

At that stage, they ve already known sense organs and their functions even from verbal reasoning. So brain and its function is the least of their worries
mr teacher
so brain in nw part of sense organ?

6 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by UTEWUOJO: 12:00pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:
you knw nthg or little abt teaching. am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class. for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily. the author needs to come down to their level
How many pry1 children have you seen carrying load on their head oga

5 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by afribabe: 12:01pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

This will only confuse my children because they won't understand.

Modified: I just asked my basic one child the function of the head... He said his brain is in there... I asked for other functions, he was quiet. I now asked about for carrying, he looked at me like I was saying some nonsense and trying to prank him. He asked what happens to the hand then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ikieloje(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?
abeg help ask dem oooo
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by afribabe: 12:04pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

its obvious u knw little about teaching.
for u tell that to a pry1 pupil,u need to start by teaching the pupil what the brain is and the function of the brain. Which i think is too much for that class
really? A basic one pupil? They sure know more than that
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by EdidemLord(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
I remember going to fetch fire wood with my grandmother...After she had tied the portion that was mine to carry...I tried carrying it with my hand I couldn't and then she said USE YOUR HEAD....
She lifted on my head and I carried it home.

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by GIdiata(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=TheExecutioner post=89131782]The fact that an educated person can ask this type of question in the year of Our Lord 2020 is giving me a headache.
my brother the Matter tire me too oo.
because it's obvious that book was written many years ago when Nigeria had very few ajebos(polithiefian kids) and as at then that was the best explanation they could give.
besides if u can agree that the hand is used for washing I wonder why someone is CONDEMNING the author.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by PinkStarsFallIn: 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
femi4:

U left d question dey asked u when u said d head is a cover to the brain to call someone olodo.
I ask again, what is the function of the skull since u say head covers the brain?

We have hypocrites plenty in this life

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by davit: 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
So, what is the head used for as a part of the body?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 03, 2020
Reference:
Actually the head is for carrying loads if you care to THINK deeply.

The head is not for thinking but the brain. How can you teach a child that?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by pahoehoe: 12:06pm On May 03, 2020
I will sue the author and publisher. Meanwhile, click on the links on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira from the Ibeju Lekki plots of land.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by pius49(m): 12:07pm On May 03, 2020
Now tell us what the head is use for? ...

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nyceguy92: 12:07pm On May 03, 2020
The author used a local example which the child could relate to. Emphasis at that level is recall and matching, not logic and critical analysis.

Over time, when he becomes more mature, he will realise there are other ways to carry loads.

Those calling for the author's head obviously are living in a fictitious Western World. They know nothing about teaching or how a child's brain works.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.