Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133091 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by PinkStarsFallIn: 12:07pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

mr teacher
so brain in nw part of sense organ?
Lol that femi4 guy is a complete dunce
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Rapmoney(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
Many Nigerians are really trivial! I'm still trying to find out what's wrong with the illustration in the book. This book is meant for junior primary pupils and not for university undergraduates.

Dumb post!

3 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by zedegit: 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
bonnyhope:

You shouldn't have answered all these "i too know" on this forum

Nonsense

There's nothing about itk in his comment unless you have low self esteem.

He contributed something, you contributed nothing and still blocked space on top.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by sureteeboy(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Kaysalas:

Thinking!
Use your head bro!
Remember the saying?
If head is used for thinking, what is the brain used for?
We need to understand how learning works at the elementary level before criticising any thing we see.
When we were in the nursery school, we can easily work with basic addition and subtraction, e.g, 1 + 2 = 3. 2 - 1 = 1.
But when it comes to subtraction like 1-2, they taught us it is impossible, until we got to JSS1 Where we learnt about number line.

In Elementary classes, we were taught that there are 5 sense organs, there are 3 states of matter.
We were also taught that the sun is the centre of our solar system and it doesn't move.
We all know now that those things are incorrect, but the basic purpose is just to give us the idea of what those things are.
If that textbook is written for Nursery or Primary 1 students, then ai don't see any thing wrong with that. By the time they get to higher classes, they'll learn about more functions of the head

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by newdawn2017(f): 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?
poverty kill deah!
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by babtunns(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Nothing wrong with the book.... one of the physical function of head is to carry load..

4 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by afribabe: 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Davidonkonsults:

Maybe your children.
God bless you for this. Thank you...
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Rapmoney(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2020
Airoflaw:
In dis age... grin...go and find out d author is still struggling... His village ppl

The book is meant for junior primary pupils and not for undergraduates.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by sophiathefirst: 12:10pm On May 03, 2020
turawaa:
The Author targeted the age bracket of Primary 1 & 2 pupils because that what they easily understand at that age Not for Marlians and Titans with mentality of "Education is a Scam".

Please learn to respect Author of any book, even it's a page.

Thanks

There is a school I know, if u teach this nonsense to her students, the owner will sack the teacher. No long talk. Even me self won't tolerate such. Which one is the head is for carrying load. Like really!?
Why not make it simple with what they can relate with for Primary 1 or 2, like
The Head is a part of the body. It carries the eyes, the nose, the ears, the mouth and the hair. The teacher will make them to touch their head, and the other parts of their head.

8 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?
The skull is part of the head na

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by OsuIgboIpob: 12:11pm On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?
For wearing caps grin

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bonnyhope: 12:11pm On May 03, 2020
zedegit:

There's nothing about itk in his comment unless you have low self esteem.

He contributed something, you contributed nothing and still blocked space on top.

Wtin dis one d talk

You don chop so?
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 03, 2020
Dreyton36:

You just said I know nothing and you're saying saying the author needs to come down to their level
Now ask yourself, are you alright at all?
You still don't understand the guy
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by chisani(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2020
Indigenous Education or 14 century education. Las las My biology teacher failed for deliberately skipping Reproductive Organs topic in our biology scheme of work.

Na the practical one we even learn after secondary school education. Wetin Joseph no go see for potiphar's house?

Even Abraham Maslow is aware of the physiological needs of humans but under what circumstances is the only question he failed to addressed.

God have Mercy!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by sevenhundred(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2020
Dreyton36:

You just said I know nothing and you're saying saying the author needs to come down to their level
Now ask yourself, are you alright at all?
you are abusing the author, but you can not understand a simple sentence.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MadeINchenzen2: 12:12pm On May 03, 2020
Join the most popular online tournament and make earnings per kill. The countdown begins. SUBSCRIBE TO THIS CHANNEL FOR MORE UPDATES AND USE THE WHATSAPP GROUP LINK BELOW TO JOIN THE PUGB TOURNAMENT TEAMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ_6zPUPHNw
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lytech1(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2020
afribabe:
This will only confuse my children because they won't understand.

Modified: I just asked my basic one child the function of the head... He said his brain is in there... I asked for other functions, he was quiet. I now asked about for carrying, he looked at me like I was saying some nonsense and trying to prank him. He asked what happens to the hand then
liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Bahamas95(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2020
Kinda funny grin

The author should have come up with something better, kids these days are very smart unlike back then. We were even discussing what my little nephew did last night when I opened this thread. He is just 1yr & 9months old, he wanted to urinate lastnight and he got up from the bed by himself without even bothering my elder sister and walked straight to the toilet like a big boy to wee. The shocking thing was that they have only spent 2days of their visit in the house and I wonder how he became familiar with the house within a short time.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ejimatic: 12:13pm On May 03, 2020
Biafra1stson:
grin
. What is wrong in using head to carry load in Africa.?t is one of the functions of head in Africa.The writer is an African who writes for African children with their culture in mind.He only wrote what the kids need now.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Rapmoney(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2020
sureteeboy:

If head is used for thinking, what is the brain used for?
We need to understand how learning works at the elementary level before criticising any thing we see.
When we were in the nursery school, we can easily work with basic addition and subtraction, e.g, 1 + 2 = 3. 2 - 1 = 1.
But when it comes to subtraction like 1-2, they taught us it is impossible, until we got to JSS1 Where we learnt about number line.

In Elementary classes, we were taught that there are 5 sense organs, there are 3 states of matter.
We were also taught that the sun is the centre of our solar system and it doesn't move.
We all know now that those things are incorrect, but the basic purpose is just to give us the idea of what those things are.
If that textbook is written for Nursery or Primary 1 students, then ai don't see any thing wrong with that. By the time they get to higher classes, they'll learn about more functions of the head

You're a wise man. We can't start teaching primary pupils what they're expected to learn in tertiary institutions.

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by zedegit: 12:14pm On May 03, 2020
bonnyhope:

Wtin dis one d talk

You don chop so?

Yes, I have.

I know your problem. Oya take.

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by babtunns(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
lozanni:

Nothing, but the primary position of the author should have been that the head is where the human brain is located and it is used for critical thinking.
The author's after stating the above could then state that the head can also be used for carrying loads over a distance.

critical thinking for primary level...if na so then teach you ... u go know anything?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by apexx301: 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 2267168[/color]
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

its obvious u knw little about teaching.
for u tell that to a pry1 pupil,u need to start by teaching the pupil what the brain is and the function of the brain. Which i think is too much for that class

Not entirely true. You can simply then tell them the brain is used for thinking.

Your head/skull houses your brain, your brain is used for thinking.

You don't have to go beyond that.

When I was in primary school, I was told living things are categorised in two: plants and animals.

I was curious but they didn't go beyond that.

Much later, I started learning that there are others not under plants nor animals like viruses, bacteria, algae etc, etc.
Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ma373733(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Exactly what I was trying to even type before I came across your post. They probably expected him to say something like the head is divided into 14 bones which are 2-zygomatic, 2-maxillary, 2-palatine, 2-nasal, 2-lacrimal, vomer, 2-inferior conchae, mandible and one of which it's functions includes the support of some endocrine glands like the hypothalamus which connects to the thalamus which is within the cranium . grin

Kuku kill the children grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by foxxydude: 12:18pm On May 03, 2020
Who approved the use of the book sef grin

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by BlueAir: 12:18pm On May 03, 2020
If u think it's comprehendible to teach the about brain in that level,what's hard about teaching them about skull? Oga u gat nothing to defend,u think u are posh or civilized by what u are trying to defend? Then be ready to defend that you don't wipe ur butt after using the toilet
femi4:
you want to teach them "skull" at that level (pry 1&2 ). Think!

1 Like

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:
The fact that an educated person can ask this type of question in the year of Our Lord 2020 is giving me a headache.

Mr. Educated person, what is head use for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.