Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (47180 Views)

Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise by spiralwedge(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2020
iHart:
I don't really get this sacking of a thing. Why don't they suspend the staff? When things return to normal, the reabsorb them. Or are they saying they will start afresh to recruit and train staff when things get back to normal?

The way the corporate world works will never be the same again post pandemic. The Pandemic opened their eyes to the efficiency of digitalization and cutting cost; yet achieving results.

That's why most won't be reabsorbed, apart for the economic/financial downturn everywhere
Re: I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise by olamee17(f): 6:56pm On May 06, 2020
Nigeria my country.... Hmmmm! Just hand them over to God and move on
Re: I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise by Goalnaldo(m): 8:19pm On May 06, 2020
Ffolksy:
Hi Everyone,

I want to run this through this platform, perhaps I would get some useful input.

I switched companies in March. It was basically due to locations. I was doing fine at my former company. I moved to the latter one because it's close to my house and offered a little salary raise. Turned out it would be my worst career decision.

First week in April after the lockdown was announced, the company came up with a work from home policy which stated that staff were meant to work only Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Consequently, only 70 percent of basic salary (without the allowances) would be paid, and worse, computation would be made for only the number of days (I.e, 12 days a month).

We were assured it's just for the lockdown period, and that things would return to normal afterwards.

Surprisingly, by third week of April, about 90% of staff (including I) was laid off, giving us one week notice.

Yesterday, i got N36,000 from them as my salary for April. My agreed net salary before accepting their offer was N240,000, and that's what I got in March

Considering I'm being laid off, shouldn't they have at least paid the full salary for the month? I feel greatly cheated. Any advice, please?

Thank you.
while I was reading this my phone battery percent entered 36 percent cheesy
Re: I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise by stormborn28(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Try learning Python language then Android development.
i want to learn Boa language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani, Abubakar Adamu 'Ano' Promoted To Brigadier General In Nigerian Army / Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics) / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.