Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit (109657 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Over Too Much Sex In Adamawa, Husband Appeals / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 07, 2020
Wow so sad but the wife could have chilled extra hands can be helpful
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by izubext007: 5:45pm On May 07, 2020
the man is yet to accept her as his wife.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by bellosulaiman(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll live to regret the cause of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.

Hehehehe! Reminds me of this movie- Act like a lady, think like a man. Mama’s boy ...
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by zedegit: 5:45pm On May 07, 2020
alasan007:

Wtf!!! really? You r out of the league of a good Wife n obviously goodmother for saying this

She will be praying for MIL death.

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by baralatie(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2020
zedegit:

Which man in his senses allows family to sleep on his matrimonial bed.

He crossed the line!
Well sometimes decisions have to be made for that night to cater for his mom but going forward the next line of actions that was required was seriously missing.
There were two empty rooms that could be furnished but from the op nothing like that Happened.
Then there is the untold part of where did the husband's brother gf slept
The house was on a battlebot mode
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Finnese001: 5:46pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll live to regret the cause of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.

so many mad people dey this forum

distance between you and being sensible

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Belleful: 5:47pm On May 07, 2020
how can u allow ur brother in-laws girl friend to sleep on ur matrimonial bed?
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by zedegit: 5:48pm On May 07, 2020
solmus:

may you witness same as a mother, may your son treat you the same way you suggest someones mother be treated... may you son's wife also keep asking for when you would leave the house of the child you spent every penny you begged for online to train say amen if you agree to your own comment

Millenniumlady

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Finnese001: 5:50pm On May 07, 2020
Sailor22:

Even if mum is a single mother,or slay mama,no woman reach my mama,u hear? So stop typing nonsense

better oil dey your head joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by chukshobayo: 5:51pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
Can’t doubt ur view, very possible
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by bellosulaiman(m): 5:52pm On May 07, 2020
Three bed room flat with one bed ? The husband is at fault no matter what. Reason is because he allowed the mother, brother and his gf stay more than three days (A day would have been fine) coupled with the fact that the husband and wife both contributed to rent the apartment. Haba !

Another option would have been to get a small mattress for one/ two of the other rooms. Haba !
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Briller: 5:53pm On May 07, 2020
The lady was not diplomatic in her approach. Even if the whole family have come to now live with them, she would have applied wisdom and na dem go run las las.

And for the man, he quickly forgot his pledge. His family has every right to visit but the couple also need time to put things in order, especially given the happenings in the world today.

I guess their marriage is still young, the more reason why this should not be happening now. However, if the man does not want the marriage anymore, it is not too late for both of them to pick up the pieces of their lives and move on. This marriage business is getting very messy by the day. Anyways, I wish them good luck.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by baralatie(m): 5:55pm On May 07, 2020
Briller:
The lady was not diplomatic in her approach. Even if the whole family have come to now live with them, she would have applied wisdom and na dem go run las las.

And for the man, he quickly forgot his pledge. His family has every right to visit but the couple also need time to put things in order, especially given the happenings in the world today.

I guess their marriage is still young, the more reason why this should not be happening now. However, if the man does not want the marriage anymore, it is not too late for both of them to pick up the pieces of their lives and move on. This marriage business is getting very messy by the day. Anyways, I wish them good luck.
It was just unfortunate
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by GreenDee(f): 5:58pm On May 07, 2020
Ningen:
Shit. Is like there's a vendetta on Nairaland to discourage single folks from getting married.
Swears, the man even went far to beat her up, and the are still begging him to let her back , this is bullshit... Mehn see what marriage is doing to some ladies... sad
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by toprealman: 6:00pm On May 07, 2020
OP, your are just like the irresponsible brother and his intruding girlfriend. The best thing you can do for your 'friend' is to announce to the world what her lizard brain husband did abi?
We know your type.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Fairbanks(m): 6:01pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

PS: The hubby’s mother is a separated single mother.
PS: My friend and her hubby both contributed to pay the rent
PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

What are your opinions about this issue? Thank you.

That's why I can't marry a product of home separation. Children raised with the parents apart always have issues.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Finnese001: 6:08pm On May 07, 2020
asahnwaKC:
Reconcile what undecided.......she should move on with her life..let him marry his ppl

so easy to say lol
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by alasan007(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2020
zedegit:

She will be praying for MIL death.

What do you mean by MIL death?
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Oselu28(f): 6:13pm On May 07, 2020
solmus:
cool

Nigerian women are generally wicked, were is the love? are we saying 5 people cant share 3 rooms and a parlour peacefully without quarrel ? My first time outside the country I spent almost a month in a tiny apartment with 2 rooms and a parlour, the husband and wife shares one room, their daughter and the man's neice shared another, while I slept in the seating room with the husbands younger brother.. we all enjoyed our time together and contributed to pay bills, buy groceries.. we hide from neighbors to avoid being reported for being overcrowded and early in the morning everyone is out of the door , saying our goodbyes at the subway station

Its absolute lack of love that make Nigerian women hate house helps and husbands family, they would even treat their kitchen like its a sacred temple meant for only them.. whats the big deal if anyone cooks while the wife is away, and once she's back she microwaves it and eat? the other occupants in the house can make themselves useful by cleaning the house and making everywhere tidy, and in the evening after meal they can all share stories or watch a movie together

let's put her mother in law in a special place, her brother in-law brought his girlfriend not wife to stay with them...from the story they are young people,this same set of people will ask her for a baby in no time.

to me she already did her best by leaving her matrimonial bed for them...

truth is there's more to this story,I don't think d lady is wrong maybe her approach was wrong
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Bellotelli: 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Kindly edit what you just typed in bracket. FYI my mom is bae. You can say the man lacked wisdom in dealing with the situation.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by zedegit: 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
alasan007:

What do you mean by MIL death?

Mother-in-law so she can hold sway.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by GreenDee(f): 6:17pm On May 07, 2020
gentle70:
That's your friend's (wife) part of the story... She'll definitely tell you the story in a way that favours her (that won't make her guilty). There's more to it that she may have refused to tell you. By the way, if the wife is a banker... how much is FOAM that she can't buy in order to improvise and manage pending the time her in-laws will leave? Assuming it was her relatives that came visiting, I'm sure that this kind of topic will not originate from your friend. Ladies matter is a course of study on it's own.

Even a Court will hear from both parties before advising/making necessary judgement. Unless I hear from both parties... I rather remain on the fence.
And if the husband buys it will anything happen, why is always the women that are the victims, you guys didn't condemn the man for beating her, it is only the woman that had fault.. jeez, like what is this world turning into.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by oblaak(m): 6:21pm On May 07, 2020
Skmoda360:

Let them sort it out themselves...pls don't interfere ok. undecided.

Update: That man shut himself in the leg that's all I can say but on the contrary you have to hear from both party before final conclusion....there is more to this unpalatable story. sad

But why can’t you post your comment without quoting the whole story again?
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Skmoda360(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2020
oblaak:

But why can’t you post your comment without quoting the whole story again?
Do you have any problem with that?
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 07, 2020
Your friend was Barbara the builder.. this is what you get when you’re building a man cheesy.. she’ll be fine, I hope she learnt her leassons!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Dcoy: 6:32pm On May 07, 2020
Person wey no get job... Naim dey say marriage na by force
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Daddy46: 6:32pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

PS: The hubby’s mother is a separated single mother.
PS: My friend and her hubby both contributed to pay the rent
PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

What are your opinions about this issue? Thank you.
everything she said was absolutely true haven't you held there are some men before they sex their wife they consult their mom first,any guy that stays too close to their mom anything is possible in Nigeria don't blame her wait until it's happens to people you know or around you,no matter how you love your marriage your family has more power to make it stand or fall why do you not ask people advising couples never to involve their families when issue comes up, because the way family will take it is different,do you know how many times my sister who is married called me to come treat her husband's Bleep up but as a sharp guy I will show beg the guy seriously then he changes the way he acts because for strong man to kneel down beg person he get as he be,now them dey enjoy their self I dey happy,sorry dear I pray they pick his dads number there should be family meeting from the both sides to know what actually happen for to say he is no more interested and you too try to give him enough time since you are busy finish him with sex that will format his brain
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by dominique(f): 6:34pm On May 07, 2020
abdulizom:
Anyway, there's more to this story than..........

One thing is sure for me, there no woman on earth that can be obviously disrespectful to my mother that will be in my house even if my Mom is at fault, never.

My Mum is my world no more no less, and she's very considerate.

No woman on earth command more value than my mother, even my wife knows. She doesn't joke with her, she may pretend about it, but, sure she doesn't cross her boundary

I hope you go this extra mile for your wife's mother as she does for yours?

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by veave(f): 6:35pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

What kind of talk is this one? I hope it's sacarstic abi?
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by jaxxy(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

No sensible guy will deny his mum that will make him an ingrate for LIFE. That said he needs to respect his wife only if she will respect herself. There is nothing wrong in her asking such questions if she asked it the right way. I don't know how she phrased it and if it was disrespectful to his mum. That was be wrong of her.

If it was her own mum how did she want her husband to treat her?? Same way she shud treat her husband's mum or mother inlaw.

Sm gals get unnecessarily uncomfortable with mother inlaws for not reason and it is bad!!!!!

instinct57vm
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Daddy46: 6:39pm On May 07, 2020
Finnese001:

so many mad people dey this forum

distance between you and being sensible
you go like fight the way I dey see you haba all man to his opinion you mad ooooooo
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by veave(f): 6:40pm On May 07, 2020
Your friend should be grateful everything is happening early. If she has mind let her move on with her life. Thank God she still has her job.

Ops friend if you are reading this, please rent a self contained apartment and start your life afresh. Statistics has shown that Nigerian men of these days even preffer to marry someone that has been previously married so you will see another husband even before you say Jack. Nothing reach to kill yourself about o. Carry army and go pack all the properties in the house if you want to do agidi but I'd advise you to walk away quietly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.