Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit (109715 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Over Too Much Sex In Adamawa, Husband Appeals / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by cameeeeel(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll leave to regret the curse of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.
when ur own son gets married, his wife will also become d new mum to him, making his birth mother old rang. cycle of life.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by uthlaw: 3:11pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll leave to regret the curse of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.
I take a side with wife over mother,that impossible....
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

don't forget you will give birth to a man, and he will remain single because he is too close to you. think before u type, obviously you are one of a single lady.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by tunjity26: 3:17pm On May 07, 2020
maybe the so called brother girlfriend his the hubby new wife oooo
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Peppermintflav: 3:17pm On May 07, 2020
Origin:
What the OP is silent about:

Two days yam don finish.
No soap again ( girlfriend don use am wash him clothes)
Wifey is thinking I'm very tired that stew that will last us 5 days is in the freezer ( she gets home pot is empty- we manage am chop small garri).
They keep sleeping in the parlour
The lack of privacy continues.
Wifey gets home late has to prepare food for three extra people ( worse when those people don't eat the same thing)

Wifey will be grumbling inside and out.

Husband sees a frowning and nagging wife and hears complaints about wife ( she no cook for us before she go work, she no sweep before she go, she no greet anybody)

In African settings extra visitors is all on the wife,

But a wise person knows that if the wife is good all this people go soon fight among themselves. (That is if the extra girl is not for the husband and they were not just trying to chase the wife in the first place)
Sence will not kill you. grin
I owe you one bottle of zobo
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by doroboss(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

PS: The hubby’s mother is a separated single mother.
PS: My friend and her hubby both contributed to pay the rent
PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

What are your opinions about this issue? Thank you.

The man don taya for the relationship before now. She is lucky there are no children, he will do it again. She should move on
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by remele2(f): 3:23pm On May 07, 2020
Where is the second version of d story? Until den, we the elders Council, have nothing to say cus d story is not complete yet......

Let me go back to my local tapped drink and drink to enjoy.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by nath34(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2020
What God has joined together let no man put asunder.
Meanwhile in this period when schools have not resume your wards in secondary schools can learn online from home.
Share this educative video with your wards in secondary school in this period when schools have not resume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vL5mg03Rs
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2020
Tell your friend I Mr. Valentine Uwakwe said he is a fool......in this hard times who visits someone without prior notice besides you are self employed not one who expect salary every month so your wife bears most financial burden.

He allowed his wife kitchen n their private room to be overtaken by his brother n girlfriend yet kept mute playing mummy boy!

madam move on n allowed them; shebi he is a hussler, let's see how he can bear n tolerate them at home for another week. tomorrow now he will carry to nairaland for advice, rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by teepain: 3:24pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:

PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

There is really not much one can say here apart from the fact that your friend's mother-in-law and brother-in-law are sick in the head.

The solution for now is for the lady to relocate to her father's house while waiting for the current rent to expire. Let her wait and see if the foolish hubby will come to ask her to contribute towards the next rent since they jointly paid the last rent.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by CaptainFM1: 3:31pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

Did your friend ask you to write for her? My friend this, my friend that....Now you've posted your one sided view based on my friend, my friend. And this my friend, my friend, my friend, my nosy friends are the causes of most break ups in marriage.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Letoma(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=instinct57vm post=89254089]I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

The Lady would have exercise patient, no man will be happy for his wife to show signs that she doesn't want his family member around. They are not there permanently. Now days girls behaving as If they are in America. This is Africa,get it.
I pray the man listen to voice of reason .
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by ikorodureporta: 3:35pm On May 07, 2020
There's always a rivalry btw wife & husband's mum
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by pri4life(f): 3:38pm On May 07, 2020
Dear, u are not far from the truth. I truly understood what u meant by being very close to their mum. There's nothing absolutely they do without their mum consenting to it. Its terrible undecided
Millenniumlady:
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by annyberry: 3:39pm On May 07, 2020
How are we sure d brothers gf,is not d new wife dat was brought for d man
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by PapaAdanna: 3:40pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Your type are devilish and always hate their mother in-laws for no just cause.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by D1zion: 3:42pm On May 07, 2020
Bj5all:
It's actually more than this @op. Alot would have happened than stated. No man in his right senses will beat and chase the woman he spent time and money to marry all because she asked a vital question that will help build a healthy home.

It will be difficult to give good advise until you hear from both sides.
there are mothers like that.who would want to control over their children families. Or maybe the mother never liked her from unset& has a particular choice of a woman she want the son to marry.if I were this said friend of yours I'll leave him,to hell with him & his family.

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Lovelypet28: 3:43pm On May 07, 2020
He will come to beg, they always do, lol
Your mistakes include:
Renting a three bedroom flat so early in marriage, family members will use it as an advantage
HELPING YOUR HUSBAND PAY RENT, if you guys come back, dont do it again, keep your money, in this world a woman has to be wise, if he cant afford a 3 bedroom flat, move to where he can afford, I repeat don't ever help a man pay rent.
His family probably had issues with you from the beginning, and since you know ur husband is a boy and will dump you at any moment, do your widely duties, respect his family but dont take rubbish, love with your head, pray to almighty God for guidance, God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by DarkJeddi(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

They should marry the guys with a dead Mum.. undecided

That way,they will be sure of ZERO interference.. shocked
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Dollabiz: 3:47pm On May 07, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by coolcare(m): 3:48pm On May 07, 2020
As a friend to the lady you guys can try connect the guy dad with him. Surely he will regret this but effort should be made to reconcile. The guy might be thinking the lady does not want his family which he may be wrong.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by larryking540: 3:55pm On May 07, 2020
Bilabong:
How can u visit someone that long in present day Nigeria?

Mother in-law don chop winch... Fried one.

That is how some men bring problem to their home ......
The lady self too talk,if it me ,I will just tell my husband am going for a visit to my family ,,,
When the mother in law cook ,cook ,cook tire or the son feed 5 stomach no body will tell them to pack up and leave

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by iamjavadem(m): 3:56pm On May 07, 2020
Just like ur mum and sisters right?
solmus:
cool

Nigerian women are generally wicked, were is the love? are we saying 5 people cant share 3 rooms and a parlour peacefully without quarrel ? My first time outside the country I spent almost a month in a tiny apartment with 2 rooms and a parlour, the husband and wife shares one room, their daughter and the man's neice shared another, while I slept in the seating room with the husbands younger brother.. we all enjoyed our time together and contributed to pay bills, buy groceries.. we hide from neighbors to avoid being reported for being overcrowded and early in the morning everyone is out of the door , saying our goodbyes at the subway station

Its absolute lack of love that make Nigerian women hate house helps and husbands family, they would even treat their kitchen like its a sacred temple meant for only them.. whats the big deal if anyone cooks while the wife is away, and once she's back she microwaves it and eat? the other occupants in the house can make themselves useful by cleaning the house and making everywhere tidy, and in the evening after meal they can all share stories or watch a movie together

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by baralatie(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2020
onoja12:
Surely you are not married,so in your mind a husband would write offically to his wife informing her that his family members want to visit.atlist she was notified and in some cases even the husband self no dey get notice.the fact remains if it was the wifes mother the wife wouldnt have a problem with it but once it is the husbands family most women behaving like evils spirit.i can remember a day when my wife came to me to tell me that her pastor said my mother was a witch,i am not an abusive man but she got what was coming,i told her that she should pass it on to her pastor and that would be the last sunday she would attend that church or pack out.it is the same,she feels everything in the house should be given to her family like they own it but your family shouldnt even come around.it is like they are on assignment to liquidate you for there family.
You did not get my point

Did the wife call the husband's mom a witch?

Are there still available in that flat two empty rooms?which could have been converted to a fuull blown kitted room for the mom

Is the husband's brother sleeping in the couple's room while the wife and husband sleep in the living room.

Did the husband's brother come with his girlfriend and where is she sleeping.

The kitchen row what is it all about?is it that the wife was denied access or a misunderstnding ensued.

from the above and many untold things in this story the husband is the key.if the husband misses it as to carrying the wife along it will have never gotten to the point of literarily beating up his wife and kicking her out of the house

Now for the husband to literarily disregard his own father in order to find a solution,tells a whole lot is going more than it is being reveal.most especially what is the hidden story between the husband's father,his mom and his brother

on the other did the wife use her words wrongly at the wrong time

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Yakenn(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
Family issues are best sorted out internally!

ManOfSteel will never interfere
We have self sanitization gate technology here in nigeria already being installed. Should anyone need the service please contact us at
KluXEnergy
www.kluxenergysolutions.com
07082245228(WhatsApp)
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Jainine(f): 4:01pm On May 07, 2020
No in this life will I have a son that beats a woman, talk more of doing it in my presence Or doing it for my sake.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by teelady(f): 4:02pm On May 07, 2020
to be sincere this seems incomplete, even thou I know in Nigeria in particular, mother in law's are Gods, the alpha and Omega, the begining and the end of there son's marriages. This is too fast na, few month marriage, they are already sleeping in the parlour. them forbid them additional bed ne, I hope her tongue wasn't a sledge sword that has spoilt everything. extended family case requires somuch wisdom

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by platido(m): 4:03pm On May 07, 2020
Couple with this pandemic and lockdown...she didn't even fear social distancing and fear of God
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by midehill(m): 4:04pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Wee u keep quiet, wich new mum, u can never b like my mum..and my mum can neva b like my wife...ur comment is disgustful
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by adekunle0000: 4:12pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
What I this one saying sef
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Kingarthur21: 4:15pm On May 07, 2020
Omar09:

Even when you built the house yourself without her contributions ni?
I will work away...that is the price I will have to pay for marrying a nutjob.
by the way,I don't believe in moving in with a wife in a built(not rented) house. If divorce occurs I have to let her go with it. But if it were paid for annually,then I may lose just a year's rent at most

But If I am foolish enough to move in with my wife to a self owned house, then it is my cross to bear.

Anything that happens to a man during and after marriage is always his fault because he did the proposing(the Lady didn't). There is no much pressure of men to marry so why settle for a bad woman when the society doesn't trouble you to marry?
When a woman marries a bad man I always believe it is not her fault because the society puts pressure on them to marry who is available. But for a man?there is no reason to marry a bad woman since "time " is on your side,and if you do,live with the repercussions!
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by PattyMike(m): 4:19pm On May 07, 2020
According to pastor Olukoya of Mountain of Fire, there are different kinds of husband and unfortunately, your friend married a "baby husband", being a baby husband is not about age, there are 50-year-old men who were and are still baby husbands. Only a baby husband will sleep in the parlor with his wife while mom, bro, and girlfriend {ahhhhhh} sleep on his matrimonial bed. Obviously the husband's mom is controlling her two sons, both elder and younger. You carry your babe, follow your mama go your senior bro house, if konji catch u, u go hammer your babe ontop same bed wey your mama dey sleep few meters to you. That is the problem with broken homes, it is always the children who suffer it the most, especially those ones wey grow up with grandma. And some separated mothers will raise their sons well and properly, some will just turn their sons to babies and puppets. Nothing against single mothers, just raise your sons to be their own men, don't try to control them or tame them, discipline them but don't try to tame them or domesticate them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.