Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? (2967 Views)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words / Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / 2-year-old Boy Shreds N381,600 His Parents Saved For Utah Football tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 10:04pm On May 06, 2020
Ohemababy:
Wait allow me to finish laughing before typing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You said he did what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My son is two plus and does worse. Right now as am typing he is busy jumping on me and hitting me with his toy. He does a lot of other things that make me tired of life.
Do I beat him, yes but once in a while and very mild just for him to know what he did is unacceptable.

Hes still a baby!
He prolly doesn't understand anything yet but you should still correct him.
However beating him or anybody else with a belt and locking him up in a dark room is really abusive. Kilode!

Am sure [b][/b]his mother can never do that to him.

My husband will not even try that, it will turn to fight.
Everyone knows baby boys are always hyper active.

Please try to be patient with him and stop the abuse.

Thank you
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 06, 2020
michlins:
let me tell you something. That's your son. Whatever thing you he does, just remember he got the traits from you. I remember growing up and I was so stubborn and my mom was on the verge of casting me out of the family. My dad insisted that even though I seem to be bad, he sees his younger self in me.

If you must know, you must apologize to the child. Don't think he has forgiven you. He might be afraid right now and harbor a little hate which is bound to grow if you don't nip it from the bud. Tell him you love him, tell him you acted out of anger and show him your reddened eyes and remind him that he gave you that wound.

Don't take his play as your getaway gift card. Apologize
U know child psychology.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by GboyegaD(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2020
Isn't a belt way too much? I understand you need him to learn that what he did was wrong but no be as wound dey itch we dey scratch am.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 10:05pm On May 06, 2020
zedegit:

This is quite incoherent.

Initially it was a boy, later she...

Keep looking for he and she u hear ?

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:06pm On May 06, 2020
michlins:
about the God and Satan part, I don't think that can work with kids of today. Don't lie to a child to make him do the right thing cause once they realize that the foundation of their beliefs stem from lies, they will fall from it. That's why children of the clergies turn out to be the most morally bankrupt folks.

They see beyond the God and he'll concept. Rather teach a child that humanity needs him to live right and to be emphatic to the needs of the other person

God is still the same yesterday, today and forever and it is still the same God that said we should train up our children in the way of the lord which includes the children of today. The mistake most parents made is not catching them early at a very young age...

There is no lie in telling a child what is good in the eyes of the lord and what the works of Satan in children level. It is called Sunday school. Just the way they go to school to learn, you teach them the Laws of God. Don't let Satan deceive you with they are too small and it can't work with children of today.

Are your children meant to conform to the things or vices of today's world?

I can mention and count out loud children of clergies who turned out excellently well. Children that I wish I was like them at their age, children I pray to have, Godly and enviable children...

Clergies whose children turned out badly, go and check very well, an edge was broken! The bible says when you break the edge, the serpent will bite. Look closely, they broke a code somewhere along the way which made the enemy to attack and whenever the devil wants to attack clergies, their main target is usually their children. That is why all clergies must always be at alert at all time and ensure that no edge is broken...the devil is always roaming on the earth seeking where to penetrate (seeking faults).

Op teach your kids both cultural morals and biblical morals and you will be glad you did...

2 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by zedegit: 10:11pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:

He is awake and Infact ,while I was saying I am sorry ,he was busy waving his hand to say sorry ..

We are together eating cocoa pods and biscuit .

I will not beat him again.When he woke up,he was surprised to see me beside him on bed .He is a very sensitive boy .

Thank you sir

To marry don dey hungry me if not for the divorce cases and finances.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 10:13pm On May 06, 2020
zedegit:

To marry don dey hungry me if not for the divorce cases and finances.

Funny.

You will be fine soon
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by zedegit: 10:15pm On May 06, 2020
Ohemababy:
Wait allow me to finish laughing before typing.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

You said he did what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My son is two plus and does worse. Right now as am typing he is busy jumping on me and hitting me with his toy. He does a lot of other things that make me tired of life.
Do I beat him, yes but once in a while and very mild just for him to know what he did is unacceptable.

Hes still a baby!
He prolly doesn't understand anything yet but you should still correct him.
However beating him or anybody else with a belt and locking him up in a dark room is really abusive. Kilode!

Am sure [b][/b]his mother can never do that to him.

My husband will not even try that, it will turn to fight.
Everyone knows baby boys are always hyper active.

Please try to be patient with him and stop the abuse.

You fight your husband over your son?

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by jenifer007: 10:24pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:

I know TTC .what is GTC

Going to conceive

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

God is still the same yesterday, today and forever and it is still the same God that said we should train up our children in the way of the lord which includes the children of today. The mistake most parents made is not catching them early at a very young age...

There is no lie in telling a child what is good in the eyes of the lord and what the works of Satan in children level. It is called Sunday school. Just the way they go to school to learn, you teach them the Laws of God. Don't let Satan deceive you with they are too small and it can't work with children of today.

Are your children meant to conform to the things or vices of today's world?

I can mention and count out loud children of clergies who turned out excellently well. Children that I wish I was like them at their age, children I pray to have, Godly and enviable children...

Clergies whose children turned out badly, go and check very well, an edge was broken! The bible says when you break the edge, the serpent will bite. Look closely, they broke a code somewhere along the way which made the enemy to attack and whenever the devil wants to attack clergies, their main target is usually their children. That is why all clergies must always be at alert at all time and ensure that no edge is broken...the devil is always roaming on the earth seeking where to penetrate (seeking faults).

Op teach your kids both cultural morals and biblical morals and you will be glad you did...
and when the child grows up and becomes an atheist and the concept of hell becomes a rabble rouster in his ears how do we move from that.

Let a child understand how important it is for him to be good. Not because he will die and go to hell but because he's a human being and humanity requires him to be good. Using religious tactics is just installing fear into him and believe me,it will never last. But when you convince a child that his being good will help him and his family good,he will be duty bound to it. Add to the fact that you ground the conviction with love, there's no shaking from it.

Fear is a momentary charge which is conquered by bravery. Someone like me don't care about what happens to me when I die. Shebi God get my soul,if he likes let him roast it for all eternity na him sabi.

Imagine if my morals are based on the concept of hell fire torture.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 10:28pm On May 06, 2020
jenifer007:

Going to conceive

Oh OK thanks
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Hotspotbro(m): 10:32pm On May 06, 2020
Cuddlebugie:
Yes, you can beat a two-year old with a belt. He's your son, after all. undecided
werey
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by chinonyinye: 11:28pm On May 06, 2020
Habaaaaa Oga! Dat's too harsh. Not only did you beat him, with belt for that matter! What happened to getting him tiny cane or even tapping with your hands?you also locked him in a room and switched off the light. Even as an adult, I don't feel comfortable staying in a dark room much more a 2 year old child. And you're now wondering why he's running from you and away from the room. Pls don't let that boy become afraid of you ooo, because he will choose not to confide in you due to the fear. Please go and pet him wells.

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by davillian(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2020
Be ready to beat for the next 23 years
Before the child finish secondary school he would have developed a hard skin
And he knows last last na beating no matter what he or she does..
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:30pm On May 06, 2020
omotowo2:
Good evening daddies and mummies .

I just beat my 2-year old son with a belt(beat him on his bum bum) .After beating him,I asked him to go inside the room and lie down while I off the bedroom light and locked the door .I discovered he was breathing so fast on the bed when i checked two minutes later .He was crying and keep banging the bedroom door for us to open.He kept on crying .So,i have to tell his mum to carry him and pet him.

When i went to sitting room to pick something ,he didn't even want to come near me .He kept on dragging his mum cloth thinking I still want to beat him .Infact,he refused to come to bedroom .He cried and keep telling her mum to put her down when she was about entering the room with him.

He is fond of throwing spoon,pencil,cups,plates ,biscuit,cup,plates and tonight ,he threw a water plastic at me and that hit me on my eye and I felt so much pain .So,I had to beat him that much .He is asleep now .

I just want to ask if it is right to beat him at that age or what other measure can we adopt to discipline him?We used to talk to him and sometimes ,he says sorry when he notices he have done something wrong .

On behalf of your son, I have to tell you that he really thinks you're a mean person who took possession of his dad's body. embarassed

Asides, belt in my own understanding is too much. Spanking with hand is better when they're smaller then you can move to cane and friends when they are at least 8.

Please, don't let out your anger on kids. You'll be hurting their psyche more than achieving the discipline you hoped.

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Mrsj89(f): 11:55pm On May 06, 2020
learn to control yourself when disciplining kids please, they can be a handful but this is a big NO..please
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 07, 2020
Using violence to train up your kid?
A baby that doesnt even know what he is doing.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by frozen70(f): 5:27am On May 07, 2020
omotowo2:

I just beat my 2-year old son with a belt(beat him on his bum bum) .After beating him,I asked him to go inside the room and lie down while I off the bedroom light and locked the door .I discovered he was breathing so fast on the bed when i checked two minutes later .He was crying and keep banging the bedroom door for us to open.He kept on crying .So,i have to tell his mum to carry him and pet him.

When i went to sitting room to pick something ,he didn't even want to come near me .He kept on dragging his mum cloth thinking I still want to beat him .Infact,he refused to come to bedroom .He cried and keep telling her mum to put her down when she was about entering the room with him.

He is fond of throwing spoon,pencil,cups,plates ,biscuit,cup,plates and tonight ,he threw a water plastic at me and that hit me on my eye and I felt so much pain .So,I had to beat him that much .He is asleep now .

I just want to ask if it is right to beat him at that age or what other measure can we adopt to discipline him?We used to talk to him and sometimes ,he says sorry when he notices he have done something wrong .

Disciplining of a child starts as early as 1yr when he can understands when you talk

Beating a child is good but not all the time you beat him

Get a Cain not a belt

Seat him down and talk to him and let him know that you will not tolerate nonsense from him because he is already two years

Let him see the Cain amd understand that the Cain is for him amd you will beat him very well anytime he misbehaves

You amd your wife ha e to team up to make this work

Don't beat him all the time, you can give him punishment like knell down and hands up

You can restrick him to what we call naughty corner, get a space in your house where he did stay alone without toys if he behaves naughty

They hate their freedom being restricted so keep him there for over one hour and you will see him cry for freedom

Then if you must beat him do that when it's necessary amd make sure you beat him in the bum bum or on his palms so that you don't spoil his skin

Get an exercise books and teach him how to start holding pencil to write because he is due for schooling

Get a nursery rhymes video for him or teach him how to watch kids stations where they sing nursery rhymes

All this will keep him busy from being naughty

1 Like

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Ybaby: 6:06am On May 07, 2020
Buy books on parenting fast.

They call it "terrible twos" for a reason. It is lazy parents who beat thier children. You want to instill fear in him like a small ram and when in future he starts acting like a meh you will ask him to sharpen up.

2 year olds are notorious for throwing things, beating people, being troublesome and saying no to everything etc .... they are asserting themselves and it is normal and good for thier self esteem

Use your words he can hear you... he is not an animal.

Read this article https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/terrible-twos
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by NoToPile: 6:45am On May 07, 2020
Kneeling down and closing his eyes works for my 2 year old, I show him what he did and he shouldn't do it again and he ends up saying sorry.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:13am On May 07, 2020
michlins:
and when the child grows up and becomes an atheist and the concept of hell becomes a rabble rouster in his ears how do we move from that.

Let a child understand how important it is for him to be good. Not because he will die and go to hell but because he's a human being and humanity requires him to be good. Using religious tactics is just installing fear into him and believe me,it will never last. But when you convince a child that his being good will help him and his family good,he will be duty bound to it. Add to the fact that you ground the conviction with love, there's no shaking from it.

Fear is a momentary charge which is conquered by bravery. Someone like me don't care about what happens to me when I die. Shebi God get my soul,if he likes let him roast it for all eternity na him sabi.

Imagine if my morals are based on the concept of hell fire torture.

Op disregard messages like this...Trust me you don't want to raise your children this way...

2 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 8:57am On May 07, 2020
frozen70:

Disciplining of a child starts as early as 1yr when he can understands when you talk

Beating a child is good but not all the time you beat him

Get a Cain not a belt

Seat him down and talk to him and let him know that you will not tolerate nonsense from him because he is already two years

Let him see the Cain amd understand that the Cain is for him amd you will beat him very well anytime he misbehaves

You amd your wife ha e to team up to make this work

Don't beat him all the time, you can give him punishment like knell down and hands up

You can restrick him to what we call naughty corner, get a space in your house where he did stay alone without toys if he behaves naughty

They hate their freedom being restricted so keep him there for over one hour and you will see him cry for freedom

Then if you must beat him do that when it's necessary amd make sure you beat him in the bum bum or on his palms so that you don't spoil his skin

Get an exercise books and teach him how to start holding pencil to write because he is due for schooling

Get a nursery rhymes video for him or teach him how to watch kids stations where they sing nursery rhymes

All this will keep him busy from being naughty

He have started going to school already and hr is learning fast.He have an android phone loaded with kids rhymes ,spelling ,cartoons and kids stories in case his mum will not give up watching telemundo or zeeworld .

This is first time of beating him this much

Thanks so much .
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 8:59am On May 07, 2020
Ybaby:
Buy books on parenting fast.

They call it "terrible twos" for a reason. It is lazy parents who beat thier children. You want to instill fear in him like a small ram and when in future he starts acting like a meh you will ask him to sharpen up.

2 year olds are notorious for throwing things, beating people, being troublesome and saying no to everything etc .... they are asserting themselves and it is normal and good for thier self esteem

Use your words he can hear you... he is not an animal.

Read this article https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/terrible-twos

Thank you .He does all these though and look so unrest .I will not be a lazy father .I will device another means of punishment .I will not beat him again.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

Op disregard messages like this...Trust me you don't want to raise your children this way...
let me tell you,in Japan, the people there are one of the most amazing people on earth not because they want to make heaven but because they understand that it's in their general well-being is in their individual lives.

How can you tell a traumatized child that there's a bigger person who's ready to roast him alive because he hauled a cup at his father. Papa hit am with belt already and you're telling him he's hell bound for doing what kids should do.

Nigeria raises the most dysfunctional kids if you must know.

Let love be the basis of your children upbringing. Because I haven't seen love defeated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Ybaby: 11:09am On May 07, 2020
omotowo2:

Thank you .He does all these though and look so unrest .I will not be a lazy father .I will device another means of punishment .I will not beat him again.

Thanks

You seem to want to be a good father and that is 80%. I commend you seriously. I beg you to read the article in my former post.
DONOT PUNISH HIM. Talk to him. You see the reason why white people were able to gather lots of slaves from africa is because of our way of bringing up children. We take away thier natural ability to choose for themselves by coersion rather than reason.

Kids are human beings and can think.... not animals.

TALK TO HIM... it takes longer to see change when you talk rather than beat or punish but it is more lasting and better for the child.

KNOW YOUR CHILD befriend your boy with love and watch him blossom. I have a 16 year old responsible sensible son who is our friend. He does not pretend at home. We gist and nudge him in the right direction.

HUMAN NOT ANIMAL

PRESERVE YOUR SON's self esteem.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Ybaby: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
michlins:
let me tell you,in Japan, the people there are one of the most amazing people on earth not because they want to make heaven but because they understand that it's in their general well-being is in their individual lives.

How can you tell a traumatized child that there's a bigger person who's ready to roast him alive because he hauled a cup at his father. Papa hit am with belt already and you're telling him he's hell bound for doing what kids should do.

Nigeria raises the most dysfunctional kids if you must know.

Let love be the basis of your children upbringing. Because I haven't seen love defeated

I read this with tears and I am a tough cookie.
Thank you for this sensible comment. Today we have 1 million boys we blame the effect and ignore the cause..... "parenting"
When I relocated back to 9ja ... I will go to board meetings and see adults being talked down to and they take it. I realised it is conditioning from childhood. Stop abusing your child. That child is 2 today but one day he will be 40 and you will be "2" .... and you will need him to take critical decisions for you in your old age. PRESERVE his self worth.

The tiny seed of an iroko tree still is an iroko tree. Respect your child!

3 Likes

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by michlins(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2020
Ybaby:

I read this with tears and I am a tough cookie.
Thank you for this sensible comment. Today we have 1 million boys we blame the effect and ignore the cause..... "parenting"
When I relocated back to 9ja ... I will go to board meetings and see adults being talked down to and they take it. I realised it is conditioning from childhood. Stop abusing your child. That child is 2 today but one day he will be 40 and you will be "2" .... and you will need him to take critical decisions for you in your old age. PRESERVE his self worth.

The tiny seed of an iroko tree still is an iroko tree. Respect your child!
thanks for the compliment. But I think not that you have a strong skin. Naija didn't toughen you up.

Parenting in Nigeria is sheer display of zero affection and love. Nothing bends a human more than love and respect for ones opinion. Unfortunately we don't have that here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 11:33am On May 07, 2020
Op needs to be arrested ASAP.

Like someone pointed out in the first page, you’re very lucky you’re not in Europe or America.
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by frozen70(f): 2:12pm On May 07, 2020
omotowo2:

He have started going to school already and hr is learning fast.He have an android phone loaded with kids rhymes ,spelling ,cartoons and kids stories in case his mum will not give up watching telemundo or zeeworld .

This is first time of beating him this much

Thanks so much .

Thanks dear
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Alennsar(f): 4:10pm On May 07, 2020
ahnie:
Before the elders will arrive,lemme state these.
First ....when he started this habit of aiming you should have nip it in the bud when you guys first noticed it.
He has seen it as normal runs.

Secondly some kids can be very stubborn...I know your spanking him was base on accumulated anger.
I won't judge you tho.

Although I love twisting ears instead of spanking.

Same as me too. I will rather twist their ears or admonish them with words. It is more preferable for me sha
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 07, 2020
omotowo2:

You need to be arrested
Re: Can We Beat A 2-year Old Boy ? by omotowo2: 10:18pm On May 07, 2020
Rozz:
You need to be arrested

I will even like if u will be the one that will arrest me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Life Story:17/01/13 Will Remain An Unforgettable Memory In Her Life. / I Need Advice Urgently Before Doing Something Crazy. / She Is 30, He Is 23.they Are Igbos. Can It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.