Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! (14062 Views)

How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. / Top 5 Deadly Diseases You Don't Know Exist / 4-Year-Old Child Who Was Born A Hermaphrodite In Ibadan, Oyo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 09, 2020
GboyegaD:

I guess the last sentence wasn't referring to me, right?
it wasn't
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by kendological(m): 1:36pm On May 09, 2020
greatbuc:
your feelings and heart is deceiving you my brother. You are a complete male +. You decided to choose the gender that is less dominant. God will judge you with what HE has completed in you so you either live a life of deceit or accept your manhood. You have done the first good thing.. Confessing your situation.. I gathered from your story that your male side functions 90% maybe you ejaculate but you did not say. Your female side is inaccessible since you said its a tiny hole..no menstruation .. Where do you want your husband to satisfy you from. Fear God my brother. I have feelings within my heart that I want to be rich..just like you have for being a female but what I am not is I won't force people to tag me so since I have no evidence i.e money yet.
What is this one ranting about?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 09, 2020
kendological:

What is this one ranting about?
don't mind them. He only talks like this because he is a man so for him its like fun. He doesn't understand how all this feels for someone who identifies herself as a woman. Do you think i enjoy having masculine traits in my body as a woman? Do you know the suicidal feelings it gives me each day ? but i try to stay strong and face life the way it is. With negative people like this who have refused to be sensitive, you keep making our lives more miserable.

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by kendological(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2020
IntersexSherry:
don't mind them. He only talks like this because he is a man so for him its like fun. He doesn't understand how all this feels for someone who identifies herself as a woman. Do you think i enjoy having masculine traits in my body as a woman? Do you know the suicidal feelings it gives me each day ? but i try to stay strong and face life the way it is. With negative people like these who have refused to be sensitive, you keep making our lives more miserable.
My dear be strong okay, I know it feels. If you are okay without surgery let it be so.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
kendological:

My dear be strong okay, I know it feels. If you are okay without surgery let it be so.
its a pity these people always think they need to operate on us because we don't fit into society male or female norms or chose gender for us because we score higher in the male range or female range. Referring to James Johnson, he was born intersex, raised as a girl, he himself said he was nonbinary in his brain, he didnt really know what gender he was. He continued living his life as a female, did very well in female football team but his whole career shattered when they found out he was intersex and disqualified him and they ran test on him finding out he scored higher in the male range and they decided to make him a male and James i know is a very humble and godfearing person, he just choose to follow the path the phsycians choose for him and he had many costly operations to transform to a man and up till today his body doesnt still function as a normal man because it was never really meant to be like that, if not for this wicked society not leaving him the way he was naturally and accepting him that way but forcing surgery on him and destroyed his whole career because he doesn't fit in, because he is intersex. Till today, James is still begging for more aid to have more operations to be able to function as a normal man and all this will cost a lot. Even in male soccer teams, they still reject him because he is intersex. They should have left him the way he was naturally but will ignorant shallow minded people ever leave us alone? If someone is nonbinary, they are nonbinary, God made us this way, do not go start choosing gender for us so we fit into what your mind tells you we are. Who are you to tell us who we are? We are born intersex this way. Intersex means intersex

5 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 09, 2020
Caster semenya is one of the true example of an intersex icon/hero that inspires many of us. Caster Semenya stood her ground as a woman despite all odds, all the abuses she recieved, she was forced to take testosterone reducing drugs as doctors claims she is more of a man in her body but she refused and maintained her stand as a woman and kept on racing in her career as a female athlete. Many times they try to disqualify her, she fought for her rights... These are people you call intersex heroes or inspiration not people that allow doctors or ignorant society to choose gender for them because they score higher in the male or female range and end up destroying their lives and career.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
IntersexSherry:
Caster semenya is one of the true example of an intersex icon/hero that inspires many of us. Caster Semenya stood her ground as a woman despite all odds, all the abuses she recieved, she was forced to take testosterone reducing drugs as doctors claims she is more of a man in her body but she refused and maintained her stand as a woman and kept on racing in her career as a female athlete. Many times they try to disqualify her, she fought for her rights... These are people you call intersex heroes or inspiration not people that allow doctors or ignorant society to choose gender for them because they score higher in the male or female range and end up destroying their lives and career.
I wouldn't put down those who choose to have what they now see as a problem corrected. I mean it is all a matter of personal choice, is it not?
The means to "correct" what they see as a problem is available, so it's their freedom to choose is it not? It is also a choice to have heros. That you are able to live with your body as is, does not mean that the next man, or woman,or intersex is able to do the same. cool
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I wouldn't put down those who choose to have what they now see as a problem corrected. I mean it is all a matter of personal choice, is it not?
The means to "correct" what they see as a problem is available, so it's their freedom to choose is it not? It is also a choice to have heros. That you are able to live with your body as is, does not mean that the next man, or woman,or intersex is able to do the same. cool
ya if it is their personal choice then no problem but if it is forced or due to pressure then i don't support that.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by travelland(f): 7:12pm On May 10, 2020
IntersexSherry:
most intersex activists are against intersex surgeries. We want to be left the way we are born. People need to learn to accept us the way.

Hmmm I respect your decision but I don't support it
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 10, 2020
travelland:

Hmmm I respect your decision but I don't support it
And why? For some reasons if i get the operation to fully develop my vagina canal and my opening and also get my testes removed, i have greater chances of functioning very well as a woman. As the doctors will still run test on me to discover where my ovaries are located. And for the womb i just guessed it could not be there since i don't get true periods. Even if there is any tiny womb they can discover inside and be able to develop it. Last time i did pelvic ultrasound, my seminical vessels were not detected and the radiologist found it kind of weird but he said we need to do more deep testing to find where it is located. Lol intersex discoveries are never easy. You need series of testing.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 10, 2020
But lol i really witness those leg cramp thing during organsm. As if i'm undergoing a convulsion and if i release fluid at times, it very watery.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by barackodam: 4:15am On May 11, 2020
Wow!

Interesting, educating.

I was curious, but all my questions have been answered.

Like others have said, I applaud you for taking the courage to come out. And as you know aforehand, more people would disbelief you than accept you. A percentage would even ridicule you.

Intersexsherry

That's the sorta situation you find yourself. Since you said you're a she, you're a she.

One question that just popped to me. At birth were you given a masculine name, or a unisexual name?

If it was masculine, have you changed it to your choice, or you still bear it?

Dazzol
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 4:54am On May 11, 2020
barackodam:
Wow!

Interesting, educating.

I was curious, but all my questions have been answered.

Like others have said, I applaud you for taking the courage to come out. And as you know aforehand, more people would disbelief you than accept you. A percentage would even ridicule you.

Intersexsherry

That's the sorta situation you find yourself. Since you said you're a she, you're a she.

One question that just popped to me. At birth were you given a masculine name, or a unisexual name?

If it was masculine, have you changed it to your choice, or you still bear it?

Dazzol
Thank you very much. Its good people learn about us, it will help reduce the hate, misconceptions and ignornace. I'm a very shy and indoor person as a result of my intersex self so i don't like coming out much in public, i prefer writing and giving out the message. Yes, i do write novels too.
And to your question, i was given a masculine name, i have not made any legal changes on any of my certificate, they all still read male so its very hard for me to get a job or some people to take me serious but luckily i got some good friends that understands me and donate money to me. I gave myself the name Sherry but it hasn't been legaly changed yet in any of my documents.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by barackodam: 6:32am On May 11, 2020
IntersexSherry:
Thank you very much. Its good people learn about us, it will help reduce the hate, misconceptions and ignornace. I'm a very shy and indoor person as a result of my intersex self so i don't like coming out much in public, i prefer writing and giving out the message. Yes, i do write novels too.
And to your question, i was given a masculine name, i have not made any legal changes on any of my certificate, they all still read male so its very hard for me to get a job or some people to take me serious but luckily i got some good friends that understands me and donate money to me. I gave myself the name Sherry but it hasn't been legaly changed yet in any of my documents.

Ah, I see. I can't imagine how tough it must be.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors as you try to fight for your place among us

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by REDBUNNY(f): 8:36am On May 11, 2020
greatbuc:
your feelings and heart is deceiving you my brother. You are a complete male +. You decided to choose the gender that is less dominant. God will judge you with what HE has completed in you so you either live a life of deceit or accept your manhood. You have done the first good thing.. Confessing your situation.. I gathered from your story that your male side functions 90% maybe you ejaculate but you did not say. Your female side is inaccessible since you said its a tiny hole..no menstruation .. Where do you want your husband to satisfy you from. Fear God my brother. I have feelings within my heart that I want to be rich..just like you have for being a female but what I am not is I won't force people to tag me so since I have no evidence i.e money yet.
Are you crazy.
Did you even read her post?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by sonsyosas(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2020
I really to meet someone like you someday to convince that such people do exist
IntersexSherry:
I must start by saying most people are not familiar with the term ''Intersex''. We were formerly known as hermaphrodites. I will simply define intersex in my own term as someone who was born with a body that doesn't conform to the typical male or female body norm, it could be in their hormones, genitals, gonads, phenotype or chromosomes. Most people do not find out they are intersex until they reach a certain age or some people even live and die without knowing they are intersex. The girls do find out early when they are unable to develop breast or fail to see their periods and most of the men do find out late when they are unable to impregnant a woman. Some of us were assigned a certain sex at birth but as we grow, we tend to identify as another sex later on in life or some of our bodies tend to develop as another sex different from our assigned sex at births. Doctors/parents wouldn't really know at birth until we grow up and reach puberty or some certain age then our bodies start showing those intersex traits. Intersex has lot of variations but some are easily spotted at birth. For example, those born with both female and male organs/complicated genitals, theirs are easily spotted at birth and the parents become confused whether to raise the child up as a male or a female. Some are raised up as males and as they grow, their bodies tend to develop as females or nonbinary and their gender identity may also differ from their assigned sex at birth. Some may identify as a male, female or nonbinary (not a man or a woman in identity). Those who are born with just one genital, theirs are not spotted at birth so they may be raised up according to the genital they were born with and as they grow, some of their bodies tend to develop as another sex or some discover they have mixed chromsomes inside, streak gonads inside, lot of discoveries. For example a woman having a male chromosome XY or mixed chromosome XXY or a man having female chromosome XX or mixed chromosome XXY. Or a woman finding out she has testes inside, no womb, no ovaries, can't give birth or a man finding out he has ovaries inside of him, even undergoes menstruation, can't give birth etc. The struggles are difficult/different and many people don't understand us. Some of us tend to look very androgynous that people will confuse us for crossdressers, transgender, gay etc but those people's cases are different from ours and thats why we try to educate and create awareness on intersex community. We are one hell of a community that many don't believe we exist and many try to erase us and we are really misunderstood. Some even call us abomination and accuse us of witchcraft. Intersex doesn't just deal with having both genitals alone, it has many variations in classifications.
In my own intersex story, i was born differently with a penis and a slightly small vaginal canal opening that has been covered by my scrotum skin and i was assigned male at birth, so as a kid, no one could really spot the difference from other kids. As i grew up, i never knew my body has started changing to that of a female, that explains the cramps i normally feel between my thighs, also some pains i feel during urinations and why i loved bahaving and feeling like a girl. Even all my body language like walking, sitting, posture all read female. Ya i developed a natural feminine physique, my voice didn't really deepen to a man's voice, my waist became slimmer as my hips also spread out the more, my hairline has always been feminine till now, i developed little beards as a result of the male cells still flowing in my body, i dealt with severe acne and after that my nipples started soring and at this stage my breast started developing. i had to see the doctor that ran test on me and diagnosed me as an intersex female. Life has not been easy being intersex in Nigeria but i still struggle to survive and educate others. I get stared at virtually everywhere i go and lot of people coming to ask me questions if am a man or a woman and i explain to them. You can learn more about intersex by following my page on facebook ''intersex sherry Nigeria'' you can also send me messages. I will try to reply and answer your questions.
UPDATE: for those curious minds, there was one leaked picture of me some bloggers stole online and put in their site. You can can click on this link to view the photo and story.
http://www.wisdomclass.org/2019/09/19/g/

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by greatbuc(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2020
REDBUNNY:

Are you crazy.
Did you even read her post?
you better tell him the truth and stop acting silly. And please don't insult me.. I didn't insult anybody or else I'll curse you.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 10:34am On May 11, 2020
how is your relationship with your parents like, were they able to accept you as a girl that you feel you are or they objected especially the fact that they saw you as a male and that's why a male name was given to you.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 11, 2020
greatbuc:
you better tell him the truth and stop acting silly. And please don't insult me.. I didn't insult anybody or else I'll curse you.
telll *him* the truth or tell your ignorant truth. Please just ignore this troll.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 11, 2020
Orubebe01:
how is your relationship with your parents like, were they able to accept you as a girl that you feel you are or they objected especially the fact that they saw you as a male and that's why a male name was given to you.
it was really hard but with time, they understood my problem. I had to move away from them to deal with all of this alone. The struggle not be easy.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 11, 2020
greatbuc:
All these type of people its only sex they think of. They will keep on imagining ''how will i be having sex with a woman and seeing dick, where will i put my dick?"" Just from their talks, you can know where all their whole anger stems from. Do you even know what makes a man a man or what makes a woman a woman? You will never know because all your thoughts are shallow.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by greatbuc(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2020
IntersexSherry:
All these type of people its only sex they think of. They will keep on imagining ''how will i be having sex with a woman and seeing dick, where will i put my dick?"" Just from their talks, you can know where all their whole anger stems from. Do you even know what makes a man a man or what makes a woman a woman? You will never know because all your thoughts are shallow.
Toh have a happy life
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 12, 2020
One thing i hate about this is the way lot of people keep away from me out of fear, they are so scared of me as if am a ghost. It hurts me, i'm harmless, just different.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Heffalump(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2020
IntersexSherry:
most intersex activists are against intersex surgeries. We want to be left the way we are born. People need to learn to accept us the way.

That will be greed because as intersex, you become superhuman! You become very powerful left and right arising from your ability to use both sex organs. Haba! Choose one na cry
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kinematics: 11:09pm On May 12, 2020
For those that know nothing about intersex carefully read this lecture

1 Like

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Kinematics: 11:40pm On May 12, 2020
More

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 12:01am On May 13, 2020
Kinematics:
For those that know nothing about intersex carefully read this lecture
good

2 Likes

Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Orubebe01: 4:33am On May 13, 2020
IntersexSherry:
good
In your case, do you have testes and it's your male organ enlogated cos I feel it maybe a bloated clitoris.
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 5:18am On May 13, 2020
Orubebe01:

In your case, do you have testes and it's your male organ enlogated cos I feel it maybe a bloated clitoris.
orubebe. My doctor already examined all this and diagnosed me as intersex female . Both my body structure, my breast, my genital, my hair, my voice he all examined very well. I ran an ultrasound on my pelvic but my seminical vessels were absent which is strange. The radiologist then suggested more deep testing to reach all parts very well. All these testing requires lot of money which i don't have. I will still have them to be sure if my female reproductive organ can be developed well and i can be able to function very well as female. But as a man, the test carried out has already proven am impotent as a man.. If i'm also impotent as a woman after deep testing is carried out then whats the reasoning of doing surgery rather than leaving myself this way . Most intersex people are infertile depending on the variation, only a few are lucky to deliver through IVF but that will require series of tests, research, surgeries and hormone replacement therapy. It helped some and others tried all measures still no luck
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 10:59am On May 13, 2020
Life is a nightmare for me.. cry
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 13, 2020
One lesson i learnt from all this is how shallow humans really are. Most of their hate and ignorance all stems from shallow reasons, using religion to support their ignorant claims. Yes most Nigerians are very ignorant on this field and they believe we don't exist here in Nigeria. All Most Nigerians know is you either male or a female. Nonbinary people like myself are never understood instead perceived to be something else. Not everyone is going to accept or fully understand you and you shouldn't live your life defined by society or others. Learning to love and accept yourself completely is the best of all. We all know there are lot of assholes that exists in this world that refuse to accept knowledge so don't waste your time trying to proove anything to them. They all have the tools to educate themselves but they choose to wallow in self hate and ignorance. I have learnt to love and accept myself and i don't care if i end up alone. I rather be alone than to be with a closeminded person, if i want to be someone, the person must be very openminded but sadly, hardly would you find such person. A woman is not made for sex or made for a man alone. There is more to life than all these and also many ways to be happy . Just facing facts, lot of men out there are only perverts and assholes that in a way am even grateful am intersex..
Re: I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 13, 2020
My Sex is Intersex, my body is nonbinary and my gender identity is Female and my sexuality is a straight female...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria To Receive 20m Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine, Says FG / TVC And P&G Donate Baby Diapers To Ayinke House Maternity Hospital, Lagos / How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Nigerian Homes: 10 Fascinating Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.