Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (92309 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Justusidika46(m): 12:29am On May 09, 2020
insecurity
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by edoman2016: 12:48am On May 09, 2020
class0247:
60million to 15million.

Sorry, do you mean 6 million or 60 million?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 2:15am On May 09, 2020
post=89327434:
This depends on a whole lot of factors. Some of which include:

Location.
Personal preferences.
Size of spaces.
Level of quality.
Technology of construction

However, on the average, you want to work around the ranges of N1million to N1.1Million,
exclusive of Land ownership costs.

In general we'd advice you budget aboutN1.5Million.
That would set you up with a good looking self contain apartment.

Goodluck.

very fake advice!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 2:40am On May 09, 2020
sheunsheun:

It's either your friend wasn't sincere with you, or he used the least inferior materials. Cement is 2600-2700 depending on location 100 bags is 260000 already. Gravel and sand nko? Plumbing? Roofing and set of furniture with 1.4. Not visible
it’s not necessary you believe me.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 2:41am On May 09, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
150K? Where in Ilorin?
somewhere around Adewole
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by class0247: 2:45am On May 09, 2020
You can’t get half plot for that amount not to talk of decent. Just do your research online. Peninsula garden estate, royal garden estate, emperor estate, diamond estate, pearl garden estate etc those are some decent estate. A plot of land in royal garden estate is over 30million(you have 24 hours light, 24hours security etc) but you can also get half plot of land in pearl garden estate(24 hours security) for 11m which is at the back of Shoprite. You will not want to buy a family land with all of it wahala even at that, I doubt if you will get half plot for 3m(anything is possible sha, just be careful)

I know people who bought plot of land in peninsula garden estate few years ago for 4million, now a plot of land there is 23m to 30m. 2bedroom flat is going from 1.2m to 1.5m per year.

bmarketing:

Can one get half plot 300sqm in a decent residential neighborhood in sangotedo for 2 to 3 m where one can start building
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 2:47am On May 09, 2020
otizs:

I'm glad to have come across this post cuz I'm in Ilorin too. First, can you link me up to your friend you're talking about? Secondly, do you have an idea how much a 3 bedroom flat should cost to build? The land is in Ilorin, tanke to be precise. Thanks
Okay I do not have a precise prediction on how much things cost in Tanke. Oh. I can’t help with any link here. Forgive me. But That place (tanke) is a little bit expensive and you know. But I believe if you get a bricklayer that you know very well. You won’t wont spend that much. Forget all these 10m, 40m people are writing here. Most people are still dreaming. Pls just get a good and trusted bricklayer and liaise, you’ll get the best. But honestly since you have you land already. You can push it with 3m. Seriously
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 3:16am On May 09, 2020
Supervision matters a lot. It's easy to build. A man beside me just built 2 flats within a month. Some artisans are wicked. I u can get the building materials yourself n take your time to monitor them,u won't spend much.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by leofab(f): 3:18am On May 09, 2020
OKEMKPI:

I see small money for my hand ,Na so I go start a duplex,it was a miracle that I got to roofing level.as it is now,I am struggling to do a 3 square meal,make the house dey there,make I dey my dey
like how much took you this far ?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by udyraph(m): 3:43am On May 09, 2020
let me find out.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Godsfavour78: 4:11am On May 09, 2020
OKEMKPI:

I see small money for my hand ,Na so I go start a duplex,it was a miracle that I got to roofing level.as it is now,I am struggling to do a 3 square meal,make the house dey there,make I dey my dey
please be a sincere chairman how much to do am reach this stage minus land cost. Thanks.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 4:27am On May 09, 2020
telim:

10 self con with all accessories e.g. wC, shower, kitchen cabinet, borehole, wordrope fully fenced with concrete floor and two over head tank cost me 14 million plus including the cost of land. That was when naira was between 350 to 370 few months ago.

Wow u try ,,I have a plan already with available land at place,,I am still looking for a well arrange self contain setting I can make use of ,,,not the old style ,,,
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 5:22am On May 09, 2020
true2home:
Room Self Contain... Toilet n Bathroom, Kitchenette and Wall Mounted Dresser...…N1.7M

How many rooms bro
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by bonnyhope: 5:38am On May 09, 2020
class0247:
Please I need this kind of advice too, I have a piece of land in sangotedo Lagos (300sqm) My initial plan was to build a 4 bedroom duplex on it but the way things are now, I think need a high quality small house. Maybe 2bedroom house

Although my people are saying building such small house is a waste on that land since the land is expensive. I won’t use all my small savings to build house Na.

Can someone give me estimate of 2bedroom house, I might want to change it to duplex later.
Thanks

Oga you are rich o, you have land @ Sangotedo
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:48am On May 09, 2020
jawalis:

Okay I do not have a precise prediction on how much things cost in Tanke. Oh. I can’t help with any link here. Forgive me. But That place (tanke) is a little bit expensive and you know. But I believe if you get a bricklayer that you know very well. You won’t wont spend that much. Forget all these 10m, 40m people are writing here. Most people are still dreaming. Pls just get a good and trusted bricklayer and liaise, you’ll get the best. But honestly since you have you land already. You can push it with 3m. Seriously
Thanks bro. Really appreciate your response. Do I need to look for a quantity surveyor or a bricklayer to liaise with ?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by bonnyhope: 5:50am On May 09, 2020
edoman2016:

Please, can you guess how much a full plot of land in sangotedo cost? I am interested in that axis. Expecting your reply bro.

It ranges from 12 to 18m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 7:53am On May 09, 2020
Godsfavour78:
please be a sincere chairman how much to do am reach this stage minus land cost. Thanks.
Over 15m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 7:57am On May 09, 2020
leofab:
like how much took you this far ?
Over 15m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2020
jawalis:
somewhere around Adewole
Oh okay, thanks.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by cheezy4real(m): 8:24am On May 09, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom bungalow it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess
how much ? 08037085441. Am in anambra now
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Felicity0001: 8:46am On May 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
Lwkmd...

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by kingofthemall: 9:38am On May 09, 2020
Ekpekaycee:
Assuming you already have the land
You will need for a self contain
800 blocks at 120each = about 100k
10 bags of cement. =25k
Labour. =40k
5 length of 12" rod, for lintel = 12k
Miscellaneous. =10k
One bundle of zinc. = 55k
Woods/accessories/labour =100k
Finishing ( wiring, plastering, tiling, burglar proof, windows etc). =. 350k
Miscellaneous. =50k
Total. 642 ---700k

What about the soak-away?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by money121(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2020
Ok
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2020
otizs:

Thanks bro. Really appreciate your response. Do I need to look for a quantity surveyor or a bricklayer to liaise with ?
That’s why I said bricklayer. Going for surveyors, architects will cost you even more than you think. Those guys will just bill you on top nothing. Get a trusted bricklayer and you’ll be happy you did. It saves money.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by zmanto(m): 12:19pm On May 09, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please Location, region and type of materials to be used are major determinate of the price. Let's confirm all this as a professional architect/engineer for you.
Gosh Engineering can make good proposals for you to choose from.
Email: ematcompany764@gmail.com
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Etizz: 2:27pm On May 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there

Nice work you have started, just pray and double your hustle, if d money dey well u won't be complaining, its a good thing to own a building of your own bro...keep it up
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 2:28pm On May 09, 2020
jawalis:

That’s why I said bricklayer. Going for surveyors, architects will cost you even more than you think. Those guys will just bill you on top nothing. Get a trusted bricklayer and you’ll be happy you did. It saves money.
Thank you bro. But do you think I need architect to design the land for me or bricklayer?
Yesterday I met with a architect whom I took to the land. At the end he said he will collect 110k both for design and approval from town planning. How do you see that? Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by ekensi01: 2:43pm On May 09, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom bungalow it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess

Is he only one with the plan's?
Talk the Price joor
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OkinBiscuit: 2:50pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=JimmyBishop post=89335632][/quote]

This was completed at Wuse 2. But that was on a really tight budget. Quite conservative.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2020
otizs:

Thank you bro. But do you think I need architect to design the land for me or bricklayer?
Yesterday I met with a architect whom I took to the land. At the end he said he will collect 110k both for design and approval from town planning. How do you see that? Thanks

You can get the town planning approval by yourself if you can visit the secretariat probably with a bricklayer that has his license and tax payments proves. That will save you from unnecessary spending. Imagine if you pay 110k to the block industry to supply you blocks. Don’t you think that will go long way? Honestly: all these architectural works are not necessary if it’s just 2,3 bedroom flat or self contained like we are discussing here. There nothing unique you gonna get from architects. Just random plan and booom. Your money is gone. What design do you want that you haven’t see? Just get to visit twitter or browse the internet and you’ll see different plans then you pick your preference.
(Apologies to all architects here)

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
jawalis:

You can get the town planning approval by yourself if you can visit the secretariat probably with a bricklayer that has his license and tax payments proves. That will save you from unnecessary spending. Imagine if you pay 110k to the block industry to supply you blocks. Don’t you think that will go long way? Honestly: all these architectural works are not necessary if it’s just 2,3 bedroom flat or self contained like we are discussing here. There nothing unique you gonna get from architects. Just random plan and booom. Your money is gone. What design do you want that you haven’t see? Just get to visit twitter or browse the internet and you’ll see different plans then you pick your preference.
(Apologies to all architects here)

Thanks for this. I have never thought of it this will go a long way to help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.