Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (91692 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by kunlesehan(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2020
Okbaba:
Meet an Architect to give you a design then take that design to a Quantity Surveyor to give you a realistic costing.

Wise talk
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by nextstep(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2020
OP, since you have land, just build a small self contain that you can live in. Later as money comes, you can build the house you want on that same land, small by small, then you can either rent out the self contain or use it as guest room.

In the meantime you have saved money on rent, etc.

Budget around 1.5M for a very simple, basic place.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sarah20A(f): 7:09pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom bungalow it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess
5m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by engrelvis(m): 7:17pm On May 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.
this is my field.luk for builders around u .it will reduce ur cost.is nt a complex structure so u dnt actually need a professional like us.look for good bricklayer DAT knows his work.He can help u out n will b much much cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by mechanics(m): 7:19pm On May 08, 2020
It depends on the area like within the range of ₦1,500,000 and ₦2,000,000.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by mechanics(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2020
Okbaba:
Meet an Architect to give you a design then take that design to a Quantity Surveyor to give you a realistic costing.
he must not go through them o, one can do an estimate by knowing the number of blocks, then bag of cements and other materials.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by GuestLog: 7:22pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Today you open mind speak up wella. I come reason am say this house matter pain you no be small

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by olexjay(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2020
jayworld15:
Excluding the land ownership, pls just have between 5million to 300million. To build house now isn’t an easy thing. House building has many factors attached to it.
1) site location- the amount you’ll use in building a house around Surulere in Lagos wont be the same with the one in Oke-Bola in Ibadan or Choba in Rivers State.

2) Land terrain- If your terrain is water logged, be prepared to spend a lot of money for foundation. And by the way, you can even spend from 300k to 1M for borehole water drilling and installation.

3) Cost of materials- what kind of materials do you intend to use.

4) Design-both interior and exterior

5) Area- How secured, porous, motorable, etc is it
And many more.
Don’t mind those telling you 700-1.5m. Only if you want to erect a muddy house.
do you read the op post before you comment? Are you saying he's going to spend 300m to build self contain?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sixfeetbelle: 7:23pm On May 08, 2020
aywhy93:

Obviously grin grin grin

E no mean. That I don't know about building doesn't mean I don't know fine house when I see am and Op wants to you better money to build self contained when 2 bedroom dey.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by dreamland24: 7:23pm On May 08, 2020
About 1.5 million naira
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by samson1515(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2020
Pls house I need ur advice on this, I have a plot of land here in Osun so am planning to build a 4 2bedroom flat which will be 2storey building, two 2bedroom flat at down and another two 2bedroom at d top. So I want to ask will d land be enough and will there be parking space. And like how much will finish it excluding land cost
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by africanusvu(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2020
Bros.just start.it depends on test.i av consumed over 4mil in my five bedrooms apartment in my mbaise village yet not finished .I just used aluminium zinc but no ceiling and plaster yet.this is five years now.i budgeted 3mil according to the engr but here I am after five yrs spend 4.14mil yet to pack in
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by africanusvu(m): 7:32pm On May 08, 2020
mechanics:
It depends on the area like within the range of ₦1,500,000 and ₦2,000,000.
, Are you joking or what.2 mil can't do it.unless no design
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by edoman2016: 7:40pm On May 08, 2020
class0247:
Please I need this kind of advice too, I have a piece of land in sangotedo Lagos (300sqm) My initial plan was to build a 4 bedroom duplex on it but the way things are now, I think need a high quality small house. Maybe 2bedroom house

Although my people are saying building such small house is a waste on that land since the land is expensive. I won’t use all my small savings to build house Na.

Can someone give me estimate of 2bedroom house, I might want to change it to duplex later.
Thanks
Please, can you guess how much a full plot of land in sangotedo cost? I am interested in that axis. Expecting your reply bro.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by topsy23: 7:45pm On May 08, 2020
For Your Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC design and installations,

You can visit our thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-electrical

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9

For original Cables
https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/14

Phone number 08033643191, 08051750560
whatsapp number : 08033643191

E-mail: atope23@live.co.uk, topselg.engineering@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by idonhammer: 7:47pm On May 08, 2020
Dammnn niggarrr

You are not a real nigga,a real nigga would have finished the house tey tey grin grin grin

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jayworld15(m): 7:49pm On May 08, 2020
olexjay:
do you read the op post before you comment? Are you saying he's going to spend 300m to build self contain?

He said “what is the cost of building...” not if a specific amount would be enough. By the way, you can see it’s a range not specifically 300m. Read before quoting.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by class0247: 8:04pm On May 08, 2020
60million to 15million.

edoman2016:

Please, can you guess how much a full plot of land in sangotedo cost? I am interested in that axis. Expecting your reply bro.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Algold: 8:10pm On May 08, 2020
How much and the area
paulavon:
A standard 1 bedroom self contain will cost from 2m- 2.5m, land not inclusive.

The attached 4 bedroom bungalow at roofing level is available for sale, it is located in Benin city.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by godswilld10(m): 8:11pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

my guy na bypass side I dey stay,small small boys dey intimidate person grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Akin4sure: 8:16pm On May 08, 2020
class0247:
Please I need this kind of advice too, I have a piece of land in sangotedo Lagos (300sqm) My initial plan was to build a 4 bedroom duplex on it but the way things are now, I think need a high quality small house. Maybe 2bedroom house

Although my people are saying building such small house is a waste on that land since the land is expensive. I won’t use all my small savings to build house Na.

Can someone give me estimate of 2bedroom house, I might want to change it to duplex later.
Thanks
I can work with your budget to give you what you want exactly, you can WhatsApp me on 09069193297 for more enquiry
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by bmarketing: 8:19pm On May 08, 2020
class0247:
60million to 15million.

Can one get half plot 300sqm in a decent residential neighborhood in sangotedo for 2 to 3 m where one can start building
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by mechanics(m): 8:21pm On May 08, 2020
africanusvu:
, Are you joking or what.2 mil can't do it.unless no design
hmmmm, not all houses use design o, I said it depends on the area.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by greggng: 8:34pm On May 08, 2020
All I can say is that i spent 10million plus to build a 3 bedroom bungalow in lagos ..,cost of land not included ..,this was 10years ago.. tongue
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Ishilove: 8:38pm On May 08, 2020
SeunWedsLinda:
between 700k-1m
In Sambisa?

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by true2home(m): 8:44pm On May 08, 2020
Room Self Contain... Toilet n Bathroom, Kitchenette and Wall Mounted Dresser...…N1.7M

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by JimmyBishop: 8:44pm On May 08, 2020
[quote author=OkinBiscuit post=89327672]So this depends on your location. For instance, I was able to complete a two bedroom apartment in the city-centre in Abuja for about 3.2m last year. Give or take, budget about 1.2 million to 1.8 million for a one bedroom, if you'd be building in major cities/towns in Abuja or Lagos, whilst 800,000 or less could suffice for remote or satellite areas. This is based on my professional insight as an Architect. Cheers
Pls, for the bolded, can you be specific of the particular area. No bad feeling attached. Just that it raised my hope.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by paulavon: 8:49pm On May 08, 2020
Algold:
How much and the area

4.5M, location is at evbuodia, after Ogba zoo, airport road. 50X100 land, borehole, fenced land with gate. The area is well developed. Pm for more info
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 8:50pm On May 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.
Foundation with German flooring-100K
Block work to roofing-100K
Wood work & roofing with step tile-150
Plastering-100K
Plumbing with soakaway -200K
Ceiling with labour -150K
Tiles with labour 150K
Borehole-depending on location
Painting -50K
Kitchen furniture with wardrobe-50K
Fence-optional
Sand filling-50K
Over head tank stand with tank-200k
Wiring and fittings-100K
Windows with mosquito nets & burglary-300
Total-budget 2m plus for a descent a room self con and 2.5 for a descent room and parlour self con
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by MrPaul2: 9:01pm On May 08, 2020
jawalis:
Depends solely on your location. You need to be precise about the plan as well. My friend in Ilorin built his room and parlor self contained with 1.4m with nice interiors (new sets of chairs, TV, window blinds, bed and kitchen utensils). And trust me, the place is superb and great. He doesn’t use borehole, he uses pumping machine with his hand dug well. Forget all these faking here about imaginary buildings. Though without fencing and it’s just a plot of land. He got the land last year October at 150k during one promo from a real estate agent.
You mean he is landlord with less than 1.5m? Are you for real?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by chebus: 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
Nice one....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.