Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,604 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (91934 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by pstjoga: 9:14pm On May 08, 2020
#500,000 to #650,000 will be ok.
Before the lockdown, I built 3 1-Room self contained for #1,650,000 in a village here in Abuja including the cost of land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Ibukunstar(f): 9:17pm On May 08, 2020
shocked shocked

To build a self contained apartment 30m? Na die be that now

jayworld15:
Excluding the land ownership, pls just have between 5million to 300million. To build house now isn’t an easy thing. House building has many factors attached to it.
1) site location- the amount you’ll use in building a house around Surulere in Lagos wont be the same with the one in Oke-Bola in Ibadan or Choba in Rivers State.

2) Land terrain- If your terrain is water logged, be prepared to spend a lot of money for foundation. And by the way, you can even spend from 300k to 1M for borehole water drilling and installation.

3) Cost of materials- what kind of materials do you intend to use.

4) Design-both interior and exterior

5) Area- How secured, porous, motorable, etc is it
And many more.
Don’t mind those telling you 700-1.5m. Only if you want to erect a muddy house.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by MrPaul2: 9:20pm On May 08, 2020
samson1515:
Pls house I need ur advice on this, I have a plot of land here in Osun so am planning to build a 4 2bedroom flat which will be 2storey building, two 2bedroom flat at down and another two 2bedroom at d top. So I want to ask will d land be enough and will there be parking space. And like how much will finish it excluding land cost
If you position it well, you have a space to park at least two to three cars.
NOTE: Its a story building not two story grin good luck

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by MrPaul2: 9:22pm On May 08, 2020
pstjoga:
#500,000 to #650,000 will be ok.
Before the lockdown, I built 3 1-Room self contained for #1,650,000 in a village here in Abuja including the cost of land.
Are you for real? How much did you get the land grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by lebete3000: 9:23pm On May 08, 2020
temizeee:
well,locations and design matter's alot, u have to understand that fact very important.....a room flat can cost upto 2 million naira sef depends on how yu wanna equip it with quality material, how big it also prices of material in yr location..... someone might build his own for 500k or less in my location.....

Where is your location abeg

I hope sey no be Gembu for Cameroon border cheesy
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by lebete3000: 9:24pm On May 08, 2020
telim:
A room self con apartment with wc, shower, kitchen cabinet, warddrope, tiling of the room, kitchen and toilet will cost you about a million naira. Building a self con with such standard now will cost you even more due to the shitty current value of naira.

Is this inclusive of the cost of the land too?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by leosahm(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2020
temizeee:
well,locations and design matter's alot, u have to understand that fact very important.....a room flat can cost upto 2 million naira sef depends on how yu wanna equip it with quality material, how big it also prices of material in yr location..... someone might build his own for 500k or less in my location.....

u dont mean wat u saying.....where are u staying biko......my self am in calabar. This my town eh..... those that have been here can relate......
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by concritic: 9:24pm On May 08, 2020
MrPaul2:

You mean he is landlord with less than 1.5m? Are you for real?

Yes, for real, It can be done for even 800k to 1m if you don't mind living a bit rough for a while. Of course not counting the cost of land and fencing it. For instance one could delay a bit on the ceiling and use surface wiring, scaffolding for the water tank, doors within the house, floor and wall tiles. Would give you a very basic no frills house but with 80k to 100k a month all those would be completed within 4-8 months. Wish most could think like this and hence forth not pass a month without adding more to the house within a year it would become a worthy home. Have seen people start with trampolin sheets for windows and no plumbing and eventually turn the house to a lovely edifice. However a regular income and prudence is key.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by kenmaro: 9:25pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom bungalow it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess

Please, can you share more pictures of this house plus the plan layout?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jayworld15(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2020
Ibukunstar:
shocked shocked

To build a self contained apartment 30m? Na die be that now

1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 9:32pm On May 08, 2020
kenmaro:

Please, can you share more pictures of this house plus the plan view?

My dear I didn't took to mind all these but if you are interested you can come for inspection and currently not in a close distance to the house but if you are interested you can come for inspection
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 9:33pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
I see small money for my hand ,Na so I go start a duplex,it was a miracle that I got to roofing level.as it is now,I am struggling to do a 3 square meal,make the house dey there,make I dey my dey

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by glosplendid(f): 9:39pm On May 08, 2020
OKEMKPI:

I see small money for my hand ,Na so I go start a duplex,it was a miracle that I got to roofing level.as it is now,I am struggling to do a 3 square meal,make the house dey there,make I dey my dey
what's the estimate of this house
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Bigmo21: 9:42pm On May 08, 2020
500k can build you one room self contain conviniently
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by MrPaul2: 9:44pm On May 08, 2020
concritic:

Yes, for real, It can be done for even 800k to 1m if you don't mind living a bit rough for a while. Of course not counting the cost of land and fencing it. For instance one could delay a bit on the ceiling and use surface wiring, scaffolding for the water tank, doors within the house, floor and wall tiles. Would give you a very basic no frills house but with 80k to 100k a month all those would be completed within 4-8 months. Wish most could think like this and hence forth not pass a month without adding more to the house within a year it would become a worthy home. Have seen people start with trampolin sheets for windows and no plumbing and eventually turn the house to a lovely edifice. However a regular income and prudence is key.
Lovely, thanks for the eye opener

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 9:45pm On May 08, 2020
glosplendid:
what's the estimate of this house
The house is a 4 bedroom duplex with a 2 units 1rooms self con on same foundation,spent over 15m

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by cuddling44(f): 9:48pm On May 08, 2020
OKEMKPI:

Waooooooooooooo so lovely lots worth d fasting... o love d storey building part.... I plan to av a raised bungalow (penthouse) someday
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Joe4lv(m): 9:52pm On May 08, 2020
Where is this situated?

Can I have your number please so I can call you as I need to learn how you're able to achieve this.
telim:

10 self con with all accessories e.g. wC, shower, kitchen cabinet, borehole, wordrope fully fenced with concrete floor and two over head tank cost me 14 million plus including the cost of land. That was when naira was between 350 to 370 few months ago.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by OKEMKPI: 9:53pm On May 08, 2020
cuddling44:

Waooooooooooooo so lovely lots worth d fasting... o love d storey building part.... I plan to av a raised bungalow (penthouse) someday

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Perfecttouchade: 9:57pm On May 08, 2020
For your quality Aluminium windows, toilet doors, stainless Railings etc check us out.

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by JMEN: 10:21pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom bungalow it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess
Excluding landscape and the land itself and when it was built that house should not be less than 4-5m if it is not more than 3yrs old...so add it to the worth of the land at that location will give him the totally amount for the property for sale.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Capeverde: 10:30pm On May 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.
Operator i will advise you follow this link for a peaceful journey as you take the bold step of becoming house owner.
https://www.nairaland.com/5165531/follow-me-low-cost-house
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by olexjay(m): 10:36pm On May 08, 2020
jayworld15:

He said “what is the cost of building...” not if a specific amount would be enough. By the way, you can see it’s a range not specifically 300m. Read before quoting.
I'm not getting your reply wrong, giving a ranges of 5m - 300m for just a room self contain is extremely ridiculous
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Monobloc: 10:37pm On May 08, 2020

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 08, 2020
Depending on your location though
For a standard room u need approximately 400blocks

Pegging and foundation’s with casting : #50,000

400 * 150 = 60,000
Make provisions for extra 400 for kitchen and toilet
400 * 150 = 60,000
Blocks = #120,000

One bag of cement will set 100 blocks

Approximately u need 8 bags for setting

Budget 4 bags for lintel

Total cement need at this stage 12bags * 2550 = #30,600

Labour : Bricklayer @ 4K per day and 2k per day.
To maximize the bricklayers and labor: hire 3bricklayers and 2labor

Iron rod 12mm for lintel: budget- 8k

Roofing depending on your choice: 100k

Plastering: in and out : budget- 80k

Sharp sand (15ton): 45k
Soft sand: 32k
Filling sand: 20k
Tiles/ plumbing/ Electrical/painting : 80k
Miscellaneous: 100k

Total: 600k -800k (This is just rough estimate only)

Chat me up if u need capable hand to handle the project

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Euegene100001: 11:17pm On May 08, 2020
However slow no give up.better days dey come .
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2020
MrPaul2:

I’d rather not say a word than tell lies. You can believe me. I’ll upload the picture tomorrow.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 11:19pm On May 08, 2020
MrPaul2:

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2020
otizs:

I'm glad to have come across this post cuz I'm in Ilorin too. First, can you link me up to your friend you're talking about? Secondly, do you have an idea how much a 3 bedroom flat should cost to build? The land is in Ilorin, tanke to be precise. Thanks
I did not mention 3 bedroom flat. And the location is somewhere in Adewole.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2020
sheunsheun:

It's either your friend wasn't sincere with you, or he used the least inferior materials. Cement is 2600-2700 depending on location 100 bags is 260000 already. Gravel and sand nko? Plumbing? Roofing and set of furniture with 1.4. Not visible
I won’t argue anyways. You can chose not to believe
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 08, 2020
GeneralPula:

At least, 6m
Thanks!
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 11:47pm On May 08, 2020
MrPaul2:

I’d rather not say a word than tell lies. You can believe me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) / Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.