Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (92277 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by alibaba1995(m): 4:30pm On May 09, 2020
I'm a builder i recently completed a project of that kind....it cost the client 2.8mill due to his high test of interior and exterior finishings...

thats the design in 3D.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Bejusttoall: 5:51pm On May 09, 2020
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by tbliss22(m): 6:37pm On May 09, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
So one can build a house with 2million naira in this country

Op, congrats in advance.

As in you just spoke my mind
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 7:02pm On May 09, 2020
jawalis:

You can get the town planning approval by yourself if you can visit the secretariat probably with a bricklayer that has his license and tax payments proves. That will save you from unnecessary spending. Imagine if you pay 110k to the block industry to supply you blocks. Don’t you think that will go long way? Honestly: all these architectural works are not necessary if it’s just 2,3 bedroom flat or self contained like we are discussing here. There nothing unique you gonna get from architects. Just random plan and booom. Your money is gone. What design do you want that you haven’t see? Just get to visit twitter or browse the internet and you’ll see different plans then you pick your preference.
(Apologies to all architects here)
Thanks so much bro. I will work that out
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Poorboy: 9:02pm On May 09, 2020
pstjoga:
#500,000 to #650,000 will be ok.
Before the lockdown, I built 3 1-Room self contained for #1,650,000 in a village here in Abuja including the cost of land.
which village in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 10:05am On May 10, 2020
Okbaba:
Meet an Architect to give you a design then take that design to a Quantity Surveyor to give you a realistic costing.
Please how much do you think one should pay an architect for design? This is my first time experience and he was saying 110k ( 60k for town planning and 50k for his design) please how do you see this?
Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 10:09am On May 10, 2020
jawalis:
somewhere around Adewole
Good morning bro. Happy Sunday. Please have you purchased your land in Ilorin here, does the land document include C of O? If not, did you get one or you just go ahead and start do the building. I just bought a land and I don't really know what to do before start building on it and I wanna start soon. Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Perfecttouchade: 10:14am On May 10, 2020
: Aluminium windows(Casement & casement burglary embedded), Sliding, Projected)doors(frameless doors), partitioning with Perfect Touch. whatsapp 08153665659. email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com https:///2348153665659✴️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by topsy23: 10:18am On May 10, 2020
For original Cables: Coleman, Nigerchin and Kabelmetal

https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/14

Phone number 08033643191, 08051750560
whatsapp number : 08033643191
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by cuddling44(f): 10:30am On May 10, 2020
otizs:

Please how much do you think one should pay an architect for design? This is my first time experience and he was saying 110k ( 60k for town planning and 50k for his design) please how do you see this?
Thanks
Hi otiz we are kinda in d same shoes.. cos i av make enquiry of how to purchase land in ilorin...( check my previous post thoo) am told town planning charges for approval... from 0to60sqm is 35k.. dat should b ok to occupy d 3bedroom.... pls can u give me clue of how u but ur land.. what other things u did to secure it.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 10:51am On May 10, 2020
cuddling44:

Hi otiz we are kinda in d same shoes.. cos i av make enquiry of how to purchase land in ilorin...( check my previous post thoo) am told town planning charges for approval... from 0to60sqm is 35k.. dat should b ok to occupy d 3bedroom.... pls can u give me clue of how u but ur land.. what other things u did to secure it.
I bought a plot of land about a week now at 1.3m tanke. For the security, just the corner put my name on them and phone number I didn't do more to secure it cuz I don't have plan to resell, I wanna start to develop it soon. That's why I was asking in post about how much to pay an architect cuz he was telling me 110k ( town planning and design) something is telling me is too much thats why I need someone to put me through here bcuz I just meet with one architect, maybe I need look for another one I don't know but I believe someone will write me to put me through. Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by uwemconcept: 2:48pm On May 10, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.

You can build a 3 bedroom flat with recent, modern and quality African materials for as low as 2.5-3m.

You can contact me for more details

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by lekemon(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2020
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by lekemon(m): 6:06pm On May 10, 2020
true2home:
Room Self Contain... Toilet n Bathroom, Kitchenette and Wall Mounted Dresser...…N1.7M
Is this on one plot? Is there a parking space left?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by true2home(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2020
Its just a Room with Full(Kitchen and Bathroom). Design to serve those young adult that wants privacy without sacrificing quality living...see my page for interior details

larryking540:

How many rooms bro
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by true2home(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2020
yes it is on a plot and enough parking for all

lekemon:

Is this on one plot? Is there a parking space left?

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by KosoMo(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2020
I presently on the same project around redemption camp and its now at lintel level... I have spent N1,040,000 so far excluding cost of land and about to roof the project.. Mine is a standard mini flat(room and parlour self contain) with visitor's toilet.

Note: From the above cost, I have dug the soak away and still have some materials on site....

The materials still available are;
1. Sharp sand, cements and granite to complete the soak away

2. Plaster and Dagbolu sands for plastering the house

I got an highest estimate of N520,000 for the wood work and aluminium roofing.

So with N2m - N2.2....you are good to go.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by damoche64: 10:37pm On May 11, 2020
Hi, Can you attach the plan of your project?
I intend venturing into such project. Also, I will advice you consider single slope roof probably the price can go down.
KosoMo:
I presently on the same project around redemption camp and its now at lintel level... I have spent N1,040,000 so far excluding cost of land and about to roof the project.. Mine is a standard mini flat(room and parlour self contain) with visitor's toilet.

Note: From the above cost, I have dug the soak away and still have some materials on site....

The materials still available are;
1. Sharp sand, cements and granite to complete the soak away

2. Plaster and Dagbolu sands for plastering the house

I got an highest estimate of N520,000 for the wood work and aluminium roofing.

So with N2m - N2.2....you are good to go.

All the best.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by KosoMo(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2020
damoche64:
Hi, Can you attach the plan of your project?
I intend venturing into such project. Also, I will advice you consider single slope roof probably the price can go down.

Will consider the single slope roof though don't really know much about it. Anyone with idea will be appreciated. See my design

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 3:01pm On May 12, 2020
true2home:
Its just a Room with Full(Kitchen and Bathroom). Design to serve those young adult that wants privacy without sacrificing quality living...see my page for interior details

U started working on this project 2016 ,I thought u will be Tru by now ,,
It's a nice project u have there
Are u making use of the flat roofing method.?

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 3:07pm On May 12, 2020
OKEMKPI:

Foundation with German flooring-100K
Block work to roofing-100K
Wood work & roofing with step tile-150
Plastering-100K
Plumbing with soakaway -200K
Ceiling with labour -150K
Tiles with labour 150K
Borehole-depending on location
Painting -50K
Kitchen furniture with wardrobe-50K
Fence-optional
Sand filling-50K
Over head tank stand with tank-200k
Wiring and fittings-100K
Windows with mosquito nets & burglary-300
Total-budget 2m plus for a descent a room self con and 2.5 for a descent room and parlour self con

How much will it cost to paint a virgin wall first time
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by true2home(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2020
It been rented for over two years now. Yes I did use the MONO sloped roofing method. Thanks

larryking540:

U started working on this project 2016 ,I thought u will be Tru by now ,,
It's a nice project u have there
Are u making use of the flat roofing method.?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 1:09am On May 13, 2020
true2home:
It been rented for over two years now. Yes I did use the MONO sloped roofing method. Thanks

Hope you don't mind if I see the complete hux pic ,I hope I am not asking too much bro
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Titustaiwo(m): 1:57am On May 13, 2020
otizs:

I bought a plot of land about a week now at 1.3m tanke. For the security, just the corner put my name on them and phone number I didn't do more to secure it cuz I don't have plan to resell, I wanna start to develop it soon. That's why I was asking in post about how much to pay an architect cuz he was telling me 110k ( town planning and design) something is telling me is too much thats why I need someone to put me through here bcuz I just meet with one architect, maybe I need look for another one I don't know but I believe someone will write me to put me through. Thanks
the cost of getting an architectural design all depends on the type of design and also, the cost of approval depends on the type of building, I mean cost of approval for residential building differs from commercial/semi commercial building. I live in Kwara u can contact me on 09025309026 for building plan and approval
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by boay(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2020
I am a Quantity Surveyor. Reach me via 0 7 0 3 7 5 9 0 8 7 7
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by boay(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2020
jawalis:

That’s why I said bricklayer. Going for surveyors, architects will cost you even more than you think. Those guys will just bill you on top nothing. Get a trusted bricklayer and you’ll be happy you did. It saves money.

If you want a house poorly built go for bricklayers, if you want a home, decent and well built go for professionals
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 4:21pm On May 13, 2020
boay:

If you want a house poorly built go for bricklayers, if you want a home, decent and well built go for professionals
Continue. I can show you hundreds of houses built by the so called professionals that are nothing to write home about. Some buildings constructed by professionals went down even before roofing.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by boay(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2020
jawalis:

Continue. I can show you hundreds of houses built by the so called professionals that are nothing to write home about. Some buildings constructed by professionals went down even before roofing.

I disagree. There are quacks sha

I am a professional

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jawalis(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2020
boay:

I disagree. There are quacks sha

I am a professional
Sure. I can sight it from your response. Am not trying to pull your professional bro. I understand it perfectly well. But I can assure you of some bricklayer who will work for you and you’ll have to give him extra money when you are impressed.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by true2home(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2020
This was the last effort before it was all taken. I hope to do some painting soon, but honestly, it will not increase the revenue because the current tenants paid Premium as it is. I guess it proves that the system works and can beat competition easily

larryking540:

Hope you don't mind if I see the complete hux pic ,I hope I am not asking too much bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by uwemconcept: 5:49pm On May 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.

You can build a 3 bedroom bungalow that is

1) Fire resistant (can not be burnt by fire)
2) regulates the the temperature of the house
3) Affordable

For as low as 4.5m

Contact us on Whatsapp: +2349052295008

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 4:59am On May 14, 2020
true2home:
This was the last effort before it was all taken. I hope to do some painting soon, but honestly, it will not increase the revenue because the current tenants paid Premium as it is. I guess it proves that the system works and can beat competition easily

Nice work bro , painting it will definitely add more value to it , except the whole apartment has been rented out already

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) / Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.