Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64919 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by subcbouy: 1:54pm On May 09, 2020
Komu1048:
Oyedepo n oyakilome we know. Please any pastor in support of. The continuous closure of churches is an Anti Christ. People spirituality level is selling. The church is declared open In Jesus Name
hahaha When true persecution will come, I bet you won't stand it, except you are raptured. This is just a measure to curbing the spread and if these pastors are keen on gathering, they should call for end of the disease. Even when God dealt with the Egyptians, Jewish people were asked to remain inside by Moses with instruction of putting blood on their house roof, God said " when I see the blood I will pass over you "
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by FrenchyL(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2020
lexy2014:

He didn't criticise. He set d record straight drawing from scriptures. D heading of d thread said he "disagrees". To disagree isn't d same as criticize except u have a special dictionary. If u feel he isn't right, kindly explain why u think so negating each point he made with scriptures

Point taken and Understood however if you listened to the full context of what Pastor Chris said, you will understand that this goes just beyond churches opening. It is the end-game that was the focus because when it gets to the point where Christians wont be able to worship together due to a government policy or other new laws, it now becomes an attack on the body of Christ. It has happened before even in bible days and the devil is playig out the same script again. So the emphasis here is on the eventual plan of the devil to prevent God's people from meeting together to have fellowship ; the devil cannot stand it.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by omorkelly(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2020
Bro, you are wrong on the stament below.
Am a Muslim and confirming to you that we even go as far as tagging some muslims UNBELIEVERS!(Though it is very wrong).
So,.... that you haven't witnessed ot heard if such doesn't nullify its existence.
Peace be unto you
[b]Our brothers and sisters in Islam will never do this. Yes they have their disagreements but you will never see them nor any of their followers com[/b]e online to disgrace themselves as the norm is in Christianity.
[/quote]
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Angelfrost(m): 1:55pm On May 09, 2020
KingJa:

For those countries the religion is mostly indigenous to them. We carry THEIR religion in our head. It’s an alien religion that doesn’t jive with our core as Africans. That’s why we don’t enjoy the same success off the religion as them. Please tell me who is coming to Nigeria for Christian or Muslim pilgrimage. But we go dump all out money in their lands all the time just to say we’ve been to Jerusalem or Mecca. Wake up AFRICA.

Can you actually and concretely prove that this nation had been or ever been on the fast track to massive development prior to the "foreign religions"??!...

If you can successfully prove soaring tendencies of this nation pre-religion, then we can go on from there.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:

I can forsee some things in you, you need spiritual attention. Yes. Pls, try reconcile with God. He loves you. Thanks
grin grin grin grin clown
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by FrenchyL(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
lexy2014:

He didn't criticise. He set d record straight drawing from scriptures. D heading of d thread said he "disagrees". To disagree isn't d same as criticize except u have a special dictionary. If u feel he isn't right, kindly explain why u think so negating each point he made with scriptures

Just to add to my previous point, please read Daniel chapter 6.
God bless you
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by idonhammer: 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
Go and test your state Governor.

mceze:

Let me test you then. I need help. Can you assist me with little for now? Here is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Olarewaju89: 2:00pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

He hates two- faced christians like you.
Olarewaju, do you understand him now?
I know you are missing tithes but take it easy, okay?

You are a very funny fellow and i like your type, because you will be a useful vissel for God. I will like to know you more than this.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by lexy2014: 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
FrenchyL:

Point taken and Understood however if you listened to the full context of what Pastor Chris said, you will understand that this goes just beyond churches opening. It is the end-game that was the focus because when it gets to the point where Christians wont be able to worship together due to a government policy or other new laws, it now becomes an attack on the body of Christ. It has happened before even in bible days and the devil is playig out the same script again. So the emphasis here is on the eventual plan of the devil to prevent God's people from meeting together to have fellowship ; the devil cannot stand it.

This is what I asked u to do:

"If u feel he isn't right, kindly explain why u think so negating each point he made with scriptures".

All u have said doesn't negate one point pastor poju made. Even Daniel 6 doesn't negate d points pastor poju made. It actually corroborates what he said
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Olarewaju89: 2:02pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

grin grin grin grin clown

grin grin thank you my sister in the lord.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Achinakaa(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
you don't know him doesn't mean he does not exist.the ones u know spoke nonsense and the one u don't know spoke sense. try and know him and get some senses from Him.biko
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 2:07pm On May 09, 2020
petra1:

Most pastors have their jobs and businesses . 90% of Pastors volunteers . Some are lecturers , business men , bankers , oil workers .etc. criteria for most ministries in appointing a Pastor is that he must have a job first . He gives his offerings and tithes like everyone . Church money does not belong to Pastor
The point I am making here is doing the work of God, no matter who you are as a pastor, if your Church is not reflecting positively on your poor members then it's not the work of God...this is the situation in majority of the one-man-church alias G.O church in Nigeria that they have turned to their private businesses.
How do you justify school built by church members that the poor in the church can't afford?
No true Church/pastor will be happy to live in mansions, buy private jets, etc all in billions while over 60% of his children/members are hungry?
Is that how it was done in the time of the Apostle?
Rubbing Peter to pay Paul.....
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by willyjacs(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
awon pastor puppets who can't reason with their own heads...is it by popularity or by truth?
The devil is popular, even stupid people get popular too.

That pastor just dropped some raw truth from the bible... Are u tellin us those scriptures are lies?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Winzozo: 2:09pm On May 09, 2020
Luke 4vs 16
The bible has to bring it to our notice that even the LORD JESUS (as his custom was) went to the synagogue to fellowship... It was his HABITUAL practice (as his custom was) it was an addition for him to go to the synagogue... Noting could stop him... couldn't he do without not going their because their is a big spiritual different between a Church and a house...the church is only for Godly services you don't use it for any other purpose

Only the Holyghost sanctified heart can understand this truth

Is a pity a pastor couldn't understand dis truth
But ask him why did he went to build a church d first place instead of pastoring a house fellowship
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by amaridigital(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2020
petra1:
Firstly lockdown is not necessary. Sweden did not do lockdown and they are experiencing decline in covid cases

We did not lock down during Ebola crisis yet we prevail over .

Secondly Churches are ordained to meet physically. And real christ loving Christian's who knows the bible should not speak the language of the enemy.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

The first century Christians worshipped in house fellowships not church buildings like we do today. Why can't the church leaders encourage this in this trying period? Comparing markets to churches is not wise at all. There are average of thousands of churches across major cities in Nigeria but how many markets do we have in such cities? How many people spend 3 hours in a market in a day like they do in the churches? How many market have 50,000 to100,000 persons at a time?
I wonder why these GO's are not complaining about the shut down of their church branches in Europe, Asia, US, South America other African countries and Australasia. Why are they too quick to criticise the Nigerian Government?
Again, why are they not concern about their lack of power to heal the sick as Jesus promised Christian? The prayer of faith will heal the sick the bible says. This is a good opportunity to bring the dying world and unbelieving scientists to Jesus by healing those infected with corona but unfortunately our GO's are all waiting for solution from the scientists. Truly, we are in the end time.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by FrenchyL(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2020
lexy2014:

This is what I asked u to do:

"If u feel he isn't right, kindly explain why u think so negating each point he made with scriptures".

All u have said doesn't negate one point pastor poju made. Even Daniel 6 doesn't negate d points pastor poju made. It actually corroborates what he said

Ok Sir no worries. I do not think it is an issues we should argue over but either way our churches have to open up sooner than later. God wants this to happen and it will happen. God bless you Sir. wink
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2020
litigator:

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

Atleast, they wrote over 75% of the new testament. The church in Ephisus, was it a physical building during the days of the great persecution?

Also, juxtapose your assertion with the Biblical elucidations that " the kingdom of God is within thee". Luke 17:20-21, particularly at verse 21.

Also, the old church shared everything in common and non lacked. Even those who had benefited from the good will of others but wanted to be greedy with theirs, met fatal punishment. How well has our modern church copied such precedent? Acts 4: 30-End; Acts 5.

During this period of Covid-19, how well is the church resources being shared amongst members of the church and by extension, members of the public as a tool of evangelism?

Jesus fed the congregation because He knew the importance of food to the body(biological feeding), and salvation to the soul( spiritual feeding).

How well has our church emulated this biblical precedent during COVID-19. Is this not the best time to win souls to the kingdom via the apt deployment of both mechanism?

Jesus and Apostle Peter were both leaders of the Church, both yet they knew they were trustees of the church, thus, gave good account of stewardship and didn't owe much personal property. Acts 4:32-End

Even Jesus lead by example by borrowing the a colt He used for triumphant entry. He could afford to buy one of the very best, and his actions will be justified because it is for the propagation of the gospel , but instead borrowed one. Mark 11:3.

***Take notice that this is a lame excuse being used by our religious leaders in an attempt to justify the luxurious lifestyle and the acquisition of aircrafts and phantom automobiles. But that is a discourse for another day.

From Apostle Peter's encounter with the man at the beautiful gate, it is apt to conclude that He didn't control the church resources even as a leader and pastor of the first church. He thus gave freely that which he had which was his anointing and heal the man of his infirmity. Can same be said for modern-day pastors and spiritual leaders? What changed?

Finally, lockdown has been lifted in some parts of the western world such as Italy where the church began, but the physical place of congregation is still under lockdown. Most of these pastors have church branches within such domicile, why are they not condemning the govt of such state as they do Nigeria?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

I await your timely response, God bless.

I am an Omnist and Bible student. I know there are 4200+ religion in our modern-day world, and that God is not a Christian, but He is" I am that I am".

Reference: God is not a Christian by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

I offer my highest regards.

I have questions for my Muslim brothers too, but we will address that another day. Shalom.
I wonder what many of you will have said if Daniel who prayed publicly against the govt directive of his day.
Shall we recall that the synagogue and temple after which the church buildings do take after was commanded by God himself?
While I agree that the church is not just a physical building, it is important to not downplay it's relevance in our spiritual lives.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by edoairways: 2:12pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

What value is the church contributing
A lot my dear. They have created jobs to many graduates across the country.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by luluman: 2:14pm On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided
Where you born without any morals for use of words?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by ecgreb(m): 2:16pm On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.
I have been a better Christian. I had received the holy ghost with gift of speaking in tongue.
Pastor Poju is a true servant of God. Some so call men of God are angry that they can subjugate people again and speak to. Their steeple for them to join and shout amen.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 2:19pm On May 09, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I wonder what many of you will have said if Daniel who prayed publicly against the govt directive of his day.
Shall we recall that the synagogue and temple after which the church buildings do take after was commanded by God himself?
While I agree that the church is not just a physical building, it is important to not downplay it's relevance in our spiritual lives.
Why comparing the church of today to Church of the Bible time when you are not doing according to their lifestyle ?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Aksnoopy: 2:19pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

You are senselessly senseless. Hypocrite
bitch why are you so bitter? Calm down and be happy ok. grin grin
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by blaise26abj(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:

So said the demons being exorcised in the bible
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by dfactor: 2:24pm On May 09, 2020
Pastor Poju's response

My attention has been drawn to articles going around some websites that an article I wrote on how one can remain effective during these times was written in response to Bishop Oyedepo's statement on the closure of Churches.

That assumption/inference is simply incorrect.
Facts can easily be verified by checking time-lines. My article was written before Bishop Oyedepo spoke.

I do understand that certain narratives drive traffic to websites and sowing seeds of division does attract attention.
I would like to make it clear and on record that my article was written 48hours before he spoke.

In the article I did emphasise that criticising other ministries and churches operations is not a sign of strength on one's part so the article contradicts the conclusions being inferred.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by dododawa1: 2:27pm On May 09, 2020
visijo:
Apart From Pandemic, Quarantine, Lockdown, palliative, What Other English Word(s) Has Coronavirus Taught You ?? � embarassed

��‍♂️
facemask and 1 meter distance.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by rabzy: 2:33pm On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.

What were they before and what will they become...mchew
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by mightyhephzibah: 2:34pm On May 09, 2020
what value have you also added? these men have impacted millions of lives each, that more than your generation put together.....

LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Legendguru: 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Keep fighting yourself
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Winzozo: 2:45pm On May 09, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

May God have mercy on your ignorance
You said JESUS borrowed a coat... Are you sure you have the Holy spirit or you know the Holyspirit at all.. Matt 21vs2_3 living bible
2 “Just as you enter,” he said, “you will see a donkey tied there, with its colt beside it. Untie them and bring them here. 3 If anyone asks you what you are doing, just say, ‘The Master needs them,’ and there will be no trouble.”
Does this look like borrow, in a case were u borrow you go to the owner first to negotiate
Vs 3 says if anyone say what are you doing their tell him( KJV use) the LORD needs them...
Did you knw who is Jesus because knew who he was.. Jesus is whom it was said of in psalm 24vs 1... The earth is the LORD and the fullness thereof the world and all that dwell therein

I can tell you about the apostle how they were very rich
Brother if you don't knw Christ or you are jealous about someone serving God wealth don't use scriptures you don't understand to castigate him
Ain't you afraid are you playing with God mercy
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 09, 2020
KingJa:
The white man and Arab man’s religion has ruined my country and set our continent back by at least 500 years.

Until our people do away with religion Africa will never catch up with the rest of the world, simple and plain.
before the religions came how was Africa is not religion but mentality ....black man is too lazy and always after showing off his wealth I don't criticise what you believe but rather how you apply it.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 09, 2020

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by OCHOdee(f): 2:51pm On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:

I pray that the Holy Spirit opens your eyes!

The problem with our people is that they want to see the "men of God" physically laying hands and declaring on them. Some just want the"man of god" to blow breeze on them.
Now my question is, do our people truly worship The Almighty God or these "men of god"?
Pastor Oyemade is correct 100%

I'll advice that we should use the period to truly meditate on the word and surrender to the awesome power of God

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

"You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video) / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.