Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64970 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

You are just a beneficiary of tithes. Stop spewing trash. Go and open your church branches abroad, na

Tithes and offerings are given to God. We are not talking about tithes. If you don't have a contribution move on and close the door

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2020
subcbouy:
Then all these pastors should pray to God to remove this plague. In a situation like this where you cannot gather because of being infected, dont you think, it can amount to ignorance if people started falling sick to the disease because of disobedience to constituted authority?

The lock down is not necessary. Sweden did not do lockdown .
We conquered the dreaded Ebola without lockdown
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Amumaigwe: 12:50pm On May 09, 2020
12345DKO:
This is one thing about we Christians I hate. We oppose ourselves on the pages of newspapers as well as on social media platforms. This explains why we are not being taken seriously as we ought to as a church.
Instead of this back and forth or show of shame, I expected them to have had a meeting amongst themselves and come out with a decision. Yes not all will agree and it is understandable since we are not zombies, but to be countering each other publicly like this is a shame on our pastors.
Our brothers and sisters in Islam will never do this. Yes they have their disagreements but you will never see them nor any of their followers come online to disgrace themselves as the norm is in Christianity.

Islam has fairly one central command structure, but Christianity is fully commercialized: each pastor trying to outdo, outpreach and run down one another. What do you expect from such riotous sysyen?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 09, 2020
Wickedfact:

Royal, Higher and Holy. Show us where it is written in the Bible.

The church should not condemn each other, that is why Christianity in Nigeria has become a joke. No quality control whatsoever. Any idiot can misinterpret the Bible and other idiots would be shouting don't judge.

The church in Nigeria has become the greatest reason for those going into atheism.

Point of correction: Nigeria Church was and will never be the reason for atheism, okay? It is a well known fact that its a luciferian theology called bigbang theory in regards to solar system called sun worship and adoration biblically known as BAAL. So, it didn't start here and desist from deceptively using this interactive session to promote atheism under the guise of debates. I spot Satan's trick easily.

Lastly, be well noted we're in dispensation of Holy Spirit, to get biblical understanding, don't read the letters without Him interpreting it for you(2Cor3:6). YOU NEED HIM FIRST. Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2020
27Pushing30:

Sweden has the highest death Per Capita in Scandinavia.

Their economy is still taking a hit.

Go figure

The conquered the tuding of the virus. Its declining. Yet they didnt have lockdown.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 12:52pm On May 09, 2020
petra1:

Tithes and offerings are given to God. We are not talking about tithes. If you don't have a contribution move on and close the door
Keep quiet, there.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 12:53pm On May 09, 2020
chaloskyx:
which millions are they blessing is it the millions of destitute that continually troop in to the church looking for one solution to their problem if people were in deed blessed we would have more people in Nigeria above the poverty level than we have now judging by the number of people that attend thes churches during their crusades.
The devil comes in disguise, they enterse you with fine gifts and in your greed/hunger accept but become confused when reality comes.....

Today the Pastorpreours are playing gamble (pool) on their sheeple head grin grin grin grin
The more you look the less you see

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 12:54pm On May 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
Pastor oyemade Got the Whole thing Wrong! He Missed the Crux of the Matter.

I never heard Bishop Oyedapo say The Church should be open for the Spirit to flow and all that...

I didn't hear Bishop Oyedapo say the Closing of the Church limits the flow of GOD..

Opening the Nation and Leaving the Church
Close is a Disregard for GOD byvthe Nation.

The Nation Isolated GOD from its Matters!

That is Very WRONG!

Secondly, if you can do without the Church, that's you! There are many others whose Hope comes from what they hear when they go to Church..

Finally, any so called Believer be you a Pastor or whatever and you are Comfortable with the Church being Closed, Go and Check your Calling! You have Missed it!

How many of the so called Pastor are daily preaching Messages since this Lockdown?

Pastor Oyemade should seize from mixing things up!
Keep quiet, dumbo
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by lawrenzoo: 12:54pm On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

You are wrong my dear, we are not saying being in church is a wrong thing, our God told us not to forsake the gathering of the brethren, but in a situation like this, i am sure God will fully understand, and that is still why he made mentioned that our body is the temple of the holy spirit, we will not be stupid or be a fool when we don't go to church building for a little period of time, but we will be a fool when we don't have personal fellowship with God anywhere we find our self this period.

In-fact, i must tell you that this period has even got many people closer to God than before, because they now know that even science cannot solve this problem, except God does by giving them his spirit and wisdom to handle it. We lack knowledge and allow pastors to tell us what to do out of their man-made idea, because we have all failed to study the word of God. Everything God wants from us is right there in that bible. if you read your old testament very well in the dealing of God with Moses and Israelite when he asked them to build a Tabernacle for him, infact that is the first place where isolation was stated by God. He ask them to isolate people when they have infectious disease for as long as they can till they get cured and till priest is able to certify them as clean. Brother, are you telling me that the almighty God who was talking to them directly does not have the power to heal them instantly then? Why did he ask them to isolate such person so they don't infect others.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2020
bottlewater1:

Oga go and sit down and stop spewing rubbish
Bible say where TWO or THREE gathered in my name which means even when you gather with your family in a time like this God is there to answer your prayer. Besides must miracle be conducted in the church?
You and your pastors should visit isolation centers to perform to power of God that you carry.
Peace

Home meeting is not church gathering. The early church meet daily in homes but still gather together as church on sundays

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Righteousness89(m): 12:56pm On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:

Keep quiet, dumbo

My Brother! How are you?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 12:58pm On May 09, 2020
ChiefAfonja:

Stop deceiving your self.

These men are really missing the tithes and offerings

And the worship multitudes worship them

Even God hate foolishness thats why we would not see fire and put our hands just because we have God

God wants you to be wise

You're very wrong . People give offering and tithes online dude even before a lockdown . The reason for gathering is not about money . But it's a bible injunction . The ones the power of church gathering.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by DavSagacity(m): 12:58pm On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
You sound like pastor Indaboskey seppre, the liquid metal, the war, the battle, the fight, the lion himself.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by FutureFocus: 12:59pm On May 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE where can one locate this Man in NIGERIA...?
This PASTOR is not just a Christian but a Bible-studying and believing CHRISTIAN..

They will never appreciate his INPUT.
In Fact, they will say he is POSSESSED

Lekki Chapel by the Covenant Way behind Enyo by Chisco Bus stop , Ikate Elegushi , Lekki.

Orile iganmu and Yaba.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 12:59pm On May 09, 2020
brightdestiny96:

May the God of heaven answer you speedily.
Keep quiet, they add no value. Deal with it. God of heaven ,ko undecided
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by mceze(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:

I pity the woman who gave birth to you undecided. Woe on to her because she had increased the
population of hell fire. Children of destruction

You should feel pity for yourself. What he said is the truth. Religion has contributed to our problem. Many of these self acclaimed men of God are Charlatans and con artist..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by krisdzhon: 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
litigator:

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

Atleast, they wrote over 75% of the new testament. The church in Ephisus, was it a physical building during the days of the great persecution?

Also, juxtapose your assertion with the Biblical elucidations that " the kingdom of God is within thee". Luke 17:20-21, particularly at verse 21.

Also, the old church shared everything in common and non lacked. Even those who had benefited from the good will of others but wanted to be greedy with theirs, met fatal punishment. How well has our modern church copied such precedent? Acts 4: 30-End; Acts 5.

During this period of Covid-19, how well is the church resources being shared amongst members of the church and by extension, members of the public as a tool of evangelism?

Jesus fed the congregation because He knew the importance of food to the body(biological feeding), and salvation to the soul( spiritual feeding).

How well has our church emulated this biblical precedent during COVID-19. Is this not the best time to win souls to the kingdom via the apt deployment of both mechanism?

Jesus and Apostle Peter were both leaders of the Church, both yet they knew they were trustees of the church, thus, gave good account of stewardship and didn't owe much personal property. Acts 4:32-End

Even Jesus lead by example by borrowing the a colt He used for triumphant entry. He could afford to buy one of the very best, and his actions will be justified because it is for the propagation of the gospel , but instead borrowed one. Mark 11:3.

***Take notice that this is a lame excuse being used by our religious leaders in an attempt to justify the luxurious lifestyle and the acquisition of aircrafts and phantom automobiles. But that is a discourse for another day.

From Apostle Peter's encounter with the man at the beautiful gate, it is apt to conclude that He didn't control the church resources even as a leader and pastor of the first church. He thus gave freely that which he had which was his anointing and heal the man of his infirmity. Can same be said for modern-day pastors and spiritual leaders? What changed?

Finally, lockdown has been lifted in some parts of the western world such as Italy where the church began, but the physical place of congregation is still under lockdown. Most of these pastors have church branches within such domicile, why are they not condemning the govt of such state as they do Nigeria?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

I await your timely response, God bless.

I am an Omnist and Bible student. I know there are 4200+ religion in our modern-day world, and that God is not a Christian, but He is" I am that I am".

Reference: God is not a Christian by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

I offer my highest regards.

I have questions for my Muslim brothers too, but we will address that another day. Shalom.

There is more to the prevailing happenings than meets the eyes from the mainstream media! Most people are yet to understand what is playing out globally. Hence, some are so concerned with the immediate and oblivious of the future.

The white Elephant, COVID-19, is the biggest fraud in the entire of human history, with no justification for the global lock down! Little wonder it is tagged "PLANDEMIC"! The documentary below gives insight into what is going on behind the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5VYqJqrtI
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by petra1(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2020
stephenponti:

"As the manner of some" that means even in the days of Paul not every christian was assembling together.
Any one can get exhortation from any chosen angle in this era of printed bible,

They had books and scriptures in the days of Paul too . But that doesn't take the place of church gathering

There's a corporate power manifested in our gathering . It's not about personal reading. It's the gathering . The onsite fellowship
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by raddyworld: 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

Oga it seems u don't know what you are saying. Glory be to God. God no be man. The salvation of souls is it by church building or by the word

Jesus Christ said" the hour has come when they that worship the father will worship him in spirit and in truth"
What brought this talk is when that woman was saying we have to worship in Jerusalem. And Christ is trying to open her eyes of understanding.

I don't support that church be closed. But this time shall surely pass. Mind u Paul planted Apolo watered it is God that give increase. So Salvation of many might not necessarily be church. Doesn't put out the fact that it is a place of pray. No wonder the second of of Jesus Christ never said he will come through a church gathering. May be u don't know the power of it is written. It says the gate of hell shall not prevail over Gods church. So do ur best and leave the work for God.
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:06pm On May 09, 2020
sirelliotofafri:
Closing the place of worship for about 2 months now deals a heavy blow to the body of Christ.If only we understand what it means for brethren to come together to worship....the Bible says 'it's like the anointing that flows through Aaron's beard down to his skirt'.The church deals a terrible blow to the kingdom of darkness whenever it comes together.Irrespective of how humble a man may sound that,closing church is good,it is not good for the body of Christ.Meanwhile,I understand it's also government effort to avoid people don't mix up to spread covid-19
Will you shut up, there. Brainwashed phuul.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by hotboz: 1:07pm On May 09, 2020
Pst poju did not disagree with Bishop and Pst Chris on the government's rational for keeping churches closed. From what I read he only insists that the church should not be hampered by such.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by beloved961(m): 1:08pm On May 09, 2020
visijo:
Apart From Pandemic, Quarantine, Lockdown, palliative, What Other English Word(s) Has Coronavirus Taught You ?? � embarassed

��‍♂️
SCAMDEMIC

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:09pm On May 09, 2020
phren:

Don’t allow the devil to destroy you by using you to insult and dehumanize men that God is using to bless millions of people. Nobody force you to believe anything from them, this kind of hatred is EVIL. If you don’t make public apology for what you’ve just said, you’ve automatically set yourself for destruction. Be guided. If you grew up on the street and not with parents in a decent home, then learn from people who live like human beings and not like animals.
You are already destroyed because one can deduce from the trash you are spewing that you are just brainless
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by mceze(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2020
efembaba:
Christianity is not just about healing people.. The people of God i. e Christians need to meet physically together.. It's called d gathering of Saints for mutual edification.. Online meeting though is helpful, cannot replace this... There must be balance

Gathering of saints and Nigeria is like this? Pls, give yourself sense na!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:11pm On May 09, 2020
12345DKO:

During their Pastor's meeting. Not openly like this
Business meeting
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:13pm On May 09, 2020
Aksnoopy:
You are yarning gibberish! You made no atom of sense.
You are senselessly senseless. Hypocrite
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 09, 2020
krisdzhon:

There is more to the prevailing happenings than meets the eyes from the mainstream media! Most people are yet to understand what is playing out globally. Hence, some are so concerned with the immediate and oblivious of the future.

The white Elephant, COVID-19, is the biggest fraud in the entire of human history, with no justification for the global lock down! Little wonder it is tagged "PLANDEMIC"! The documentary below gives insight into what is going on behind the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5VYqJqrtI

I am not concerned about this and covid-19 , because the truth remains the facts that whether or not the door of various worship centres remain closed for the next 20years, the church will keep marching on and the gates of Hades will not prevail.

But at the same time, wisdom is profitable to direct. My issue is what role has the church and resources entrusted upon her trustees played to ensure this plandemic is used a too to expand christainity.

During the biblical times, it was operation feed them, heal them, cloth them and bring them into the fold.

Uncomfortable people won't listen to you and people who are hungry will stone you if you preach Christ to them. If they don't stone you, it will just enter through one ear and burst out from the other.

And this begs the question, are we still brethren?

One prayer I have prayed God is the ability to become a blessing to those who will come to him through me. Use me as a resources to bring people to him. Not because I am worthy, but because of who he is.

Because at the end of my journey on this earth, nothing goes with me other than the memories I made and how I made people feel about this God that has been my only source of survival.

You should read I believe in Miracles by Kenneth E. Hagin and how he got his healing. It was just him and God.

Perhaps if a pastor was involved, he would have died when his family started making arrangements for his funeral. God does not reside in a church building. He resides in the church within your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Enn214(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2020
I was banned from "Church Gist" platform on Facebook simply because I replied Oyedepo's post that "how many of the Christians will go to church if it's opened"
Before I know it, hypocrites were waging war, & the coward page admin banned me!
I will post it tomorrow on a new thread
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by LogicStatement: 1:17pm On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
It's not surprising if you don't know Pastor Oyemade, it only tells us your mindset and the category of Christians you belong. Many other pastors use the world to influence their church and are more interested in building the biggest auditorium and also, shepherding a flock of congregation who see them as god. But Pastor Oyemade is interested in using the church to influence the world by inculcating church (Christian) values to building a people and a nation where people and business can thrive without compromising one's faith. This is seen in the type of program he does twice a year called the PLATFORM. If you are a Nigerian (especially a youth) and you have not partaken in this program before or watching it with interest, I'm sorry, you belong to the flock of god of men.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by nereushouse(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2020
Kindly purchase beautiful household items for protective kids from Injuries.

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 1:17pm On May 09, 2020
petra1:

Tithe and offerings of these Pastorpreours business center are not given to God, they are used to build expensive schools for the rich while the poor that gave towards such projects cannot afford
The tithes and offerings are used to build estates that only the rich and even unbelievers, the politicians can afford to buy while the sheeple are living in slump
God does not live in mansions built by man, God lives in our heart,
The little you do to the poor, the needy among you is when you are giving to God/doing the work of God, it's high time we stop deceiving ourselves, God cannot be mocked

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by doggedfighter(f): 1:17pm On May 09, 2020
Olarewaju89:

You hate God people? Bro, you have issue ooo
You that's full of bile and hate abusing people's mothers and family in this thread is talking of God's people. Yinmu !!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

"You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video) / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Pastor Chijioke Who 'Heals' Women By Sucking Breast Opens Church In Kenya(audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.