Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. (5783 Views)

Saharareporters:Conspirators That Helped Tinubu Collect 10% Lagos State Taxes / Exclusive!Magu’s SA Exposes The Conspirators Against Orji Kalu, Absolves Magu / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
bamite:

You've never made any meaningful contribution on this forum before. Shame on you
Can APC minions and Daura dvllards understand "meaningful contributions"??

Cc lzaa itooworwor metaphysical t9ksy rekhina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by SLAP44: 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
KingJa:

You guys are just doing comedy now, you have no sources to back up your concocted stories, all of a sudden you’re trying to derail the argument by asking me irrelevant (strawman) questions about what I’m smoking? jokes! grin gringrin

You somehow evaded my question, was that on purpose? cheesy

Again

How Could Gowon have walked into Calabar which was tightly controlled by Ojukwu and released a prisoner in Ojukwu's region when Ojukwu himself doesn't even recognise Gowon as head of state?

Ojukwu would have had Gowon locked up if he tried to enter Calabar.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by T9ksy(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2020
SLAP44:

You are just talking a lot of bull crap, are you drunk? Take alomo bitters.

No, am not but meanwhile back at the ranch, do you have any proof to debunk my assertion, above?

If yes, please state it here for all to peruse else STFU.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by SLAP44: 7:29pm On May 10, 2020
T9ksy:

No, am not but meanwhile back at the ranch, do you have any proof to debunk my assertion, above?

If yes, please state it here for all to peruse else STFU.

Which assertion is that?
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by T9ksy(m): 7:35pm On May 10, 2020
SLAP44:

Which assertion is that?

If you don't know THEN you will never know.

May I suggest you stick to the romance section, where am sure your "contributions" will be most appreciated.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 7:45pm On May 10, 2020
TO THOSE WRITING RELIABLE HISTORY, THAT'S AWOLOWO OMOLUABI ODUDUWA NO2!!!
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 7:51pm On May 10, 2020
MILITARY MAGIC.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 7:52pm On May 10, 2020
Bola146:
Hummmm...

WHAT?
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 7:54pm On May 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:
[s][/s]

Nobody has time for this over-beaten and concluded hook-switch.

JUST JEALOUS.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 7:55pm On May 10, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Stop saying nonsense and see where Gowon released Awo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw

FACTS.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by orisa37: 8:15pm On May 10, 2020
Osinbajo WILL GRANT FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by gwafaeziokwu: 8:22pm On May 10, 2020
ProfOlu:
When Awolowo was sentenced to prison, a lot of Progressives were shocked, some died instantly and some became sickly! Some people(Bishops and Statesmen) went to beg the Central Government of Zik and Balewa. The Government agreed to free Awolowo but, knowing fully well that Awolowo would not agree, they said his wife HID must come to beg the government and after that, Awolowo would be freed. The aim was to put Awolowo's wife pictures begging the government on front pages of major newspapers.
The 'Eminent' men went to meet HID and persuaded her to beg the government. HID thanked them all but said she could only do that if her husband permitted her, if not, she would not. Recall in 1986, similar offer was made to GMB's former wife but she fell for it, Buhari later divorced her.
The eminent men went to meet Awolowo in prison and begged him to allow his wife beg the government, they cited many verses from the Bible(Read My March through Prisons or Travails of Democracy and the Rule of Law by Chief Obafemi Awolowo). Awolowo, in reply, thanked them very well but declined. He said "my wife beg who exactly? Will she kneel down or prostrate? Beg for what offence exactly? That I plotted a Coup? That's ridiculous! You're men of God, you should know that God does not not encourage people to bow to injustice...."....
*Awolowo allegedly said and I quote " I believe I should not be in prison but here I am, the only Premier that ended up in prison for no reason.* *_If we are confused about my innocence, let God be the Judge.*
*_If truly I did what they accused me of, I will not come out of this prison alive but if I am innocent, I will not spend my life here in prison, I will come out and as the Lord lives, I won't meet any of those who conspired against me alive......._* Thank you gentlemen for your visit, I wish you journey mercies.... "
By the time Awolowo was released from prison few years later by Yakubu Gown, all those that conspired to imprison him, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Akintola and the rest had been killed in a coup.
You live on the earth, you eat rat, you live on the earth you eat fish, you live on the earth you do evil, the judgement is in the earth.... Earth the killer!
The rest is history!

This is why I love history. This OP captures the mood of the nation before the revolutionaries struck. Tafawa Belewa and Ahmadu Bello were running the nation like a fiefdom. Zik had limited powers to effect any change. Akintola with support of some Yorubas was dancing to the tune of the North. The West was boiling and everyone was looking for alternative. The only alternative has been dumped inside the prison by the Jihadists from the north. All these while the east was minding its business. The majors in the army became restless. The rumour of a possible coup started as early as 1963. The question was who had the courage to silence the northern oligarchs that has hijacked the government and had made south west their first political prisoners. Kaduna Nzeogwu as head of intelligence stumbled upon a grand plot that will end up enslaving the whole south if care is not taken.

The strategy is to plant an Akintola in each region who will answer to the dictates of Sokoto Caliphate. Awolowo was been viewed as a sort of saviour as of then. All the Majors that participated in the coup said the same thing. That they wanted to pave way for Awolowo presidency. You need to see the mood of the nation immediately the news of the coup went live on air. Western region and their press celebrated it like world cup win. Nzeogwu and Co were hailed as revolutionaries.

Few months down the line when it seems that the coup has led to the emergence of an Igbo head of state nothern soldiers became restless. Ahmadu Bello was like a god over there. Our shady and unreliable brothers changed mouth. "Igbo coup" started popping up in editorials. Incitement of ethnic political cleansing began to dominate the Lagos Ibadan press news headlines. Conspiracy theories. Fuelled by already existing Igbophobia around the country ,the rest they say is history.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 8:22pm On May 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
This is one story where you don't need source.
The simple question to ask is how is it possible that Gowon, who was barely a week in power and not recognized as head of state in the East, managed to free Awolowo who was in Calabar prison? The only person that could have released Awolowo was Ojukwu. Even the so called video was Awolowo meeting Gowon shortly after his arrival in Lagos.
Lolz......can u just imagine, from d mouth of an 'educated' individual in d 21st century!
C'est finis. grin grin grin
KingJa:

Gowon’s soldiers freed him.

But let’s say we go with your version, provide the source where Ojukwu said he freed awolowo. Provide us with evidence that he did free awolowo.

You’d have to do more for us to believe the words of a coward that ran and abandoned his people to die.
His fathers told him ojukwu freed awo without any tangible evidence contrary to pictiral and video evidence to d contrary showing Gowon releasing him.
You are trading words with a wrong customer: they'd rather believe d lies of their fathers than a million proofs
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by gidgiddy: 8:34pm On May 10, 2020
Topsic70:

Lolz......can u just imagine, from d mouth of an 'educated' individual in d 21st century! grin grin

C'est finis.

His perpetually lying fathers told him ojukwu freed awo without any tangible evidence contrary to pictiral and video evidence to d contrary showing Gowon releasing him.
You are trading words with a wrong customer: they'd rather believe d lies of their fathers than a million proofs
grin

Awolowo was in prison in Calabar, but the Video shows Gowon releasing Awolowo in Lagos. May be you can explain that one to me?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by SLAP44: 8:37pm On May 10, 2020
T9ksy:

If you don't know THEN you will never know.

May I suggest you stick to the romance section, where am sure your "contributions" will be most appreciated.

See dodging grin

I know why you are afraid sha
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by SLAP44: 8:39pm On May 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

Awolowo was in prison in Calabar, but the Video shows Gowon releasing Awolowo in Lagos. May be you can explain that one to me?

They will never swallow the humble pie and admit that Ojukwu was a gentleman Hero.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 9:51pm On May 10, 2020
Topsic70:

Lolz......can u just imagine, from d mouth of an 'educated' individual in d 21st century!
C'est finis. grin grin grin

His perpetually lying fathers told him ojukwu freed awo without any tangible evidence contrary to pictiral and video evidence to d contrary showing Gowon releasing him.
grin

Lol, that guy na yabaeft patient.

He said he need no source. So we should just swallow any rubbish he’s saying.

Orisirisi

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

Nwanne, if d available articles, pictures and videos {both local and international}
aren't enough to convince u, but u choose to believe d stories passed down by mouth from ur fathers to u without a single evidence to back up dr claims, what else is there yo be proven again biko?

Every evidence showing DT awo was released by Gowon has bn tendered in ds thread (and previous threads) but d only evidence u have to show dt ojukwu released him was by words of mouth of ur father. Lolz
vvvv

gidgiddy:

This is one story where you don't need source.. The simple question to ask is how is it possible that Gowon, who was barely a week in power and not recognized as head of state in the East, managed to free Awolowo who was in Calabar prison? The only person that could have released Awolowo was Ojukwu. Even the so called video was Awolowo meeting Gowon shortly after his arrival in Lagos
Lolz, d story with sources should be discountenanced for d story without a SINGLE source - according to u grin

Nwoke, d joke's on u

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 10, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Orisirisi

God punish am for that nonsense talk but I don’t blame him, he is an illiterate who doesn’t care about facts nor integrity

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 10:08pm On May 10, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Orisirisi
More like ...."swallow everything his perennially lying father told him"

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Daddysidhan: 10:32pm On May 10, 2020
We should try and keep this thread alive for future references. Tksy, Yorubahero
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 10:35pm On May 10, 2020
KingJa:

Gowon’s soldiers freed him.

But let’s say we go with your version, provide the source where Ojukwu said he freed awolowo. Provide us with evidence that he did free awolowo.

You’d have to do more for us to believe the words of a coward that ran and abandoned his people to die.
You are not adding up...

How believable is it that Gowon, the military head of state, would leave his official functions in Lagos and drive all the way to Callabar to free Awo?

Is the natural thing not for Gowon to have given the orders for Awo's release and had him brought to his office at Dodan Barracks if he wanted to see him?

The video was another event or it was simply stage-managed to mislead the gullibe into believing a pre-set narrative....

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 10:50pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are not adding up...

How believable is it that Gowon, the military head of state, would leave his official functions in Lagos and drive all the way to Callabar to free Awo?

Is the natural thing not for Gowon to have given the orders for Awo's release and had him brought to his office at Dodan Barracks if he wanted to see him?

The video was another event or it was simply stage-managed to mislead the gullibe into believing a pre-set narrative....
That's d version ur own father fed u ba?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 10:53pm On May 10, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Shut up! Don’t disturb me with this jargons.

Bring one news from a reputable media source that claimed Ojuku released Awolowo. A reputable media source.

Don’t you bring that rubbish statement from Ojuku here. Bring from newspaper that have existed before 1966 to give us a better view of the purity of the news. At least Ojuku releasing Awolowo will be a breaking news and he will do photo ops to showcase that. Which new medium covered the release? Where is the video? Which news journal documented it? Have you ever asked yourself this question?

If you can provide any source within the league of the New York Times, The Guardian, Britishpathe, and etc that are international news that have existed since the 1860s here, then I will personally apologize to you and delete all the news I‘ve posted.

Note: The video is from Britishpathe, they are affiliated to Reuters then and that video is from their archive. They are British video reporting platform that documented the First World War too. So you should know they have been around for a long time.
Whether you come as LegendHero or YorubaHero, it will make no difference....

I have refuted this copy and paste style of yours time and time again but it appears you like sounding like a broken record.

Why would a sensible person base their argument/defence on an off-hand extraact written over 50 years ago?

You really need to try harder..
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 11:00pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:

I have refuted this copy and paste style of yours time and time again but it appears you like sounding like a broken record.

Why would a sensible person base their argument/defence on an off-hand extraact written over 50 years ago?

Lol refuted what?

Can you provide the source to your rebuttal?

Maybe you refute it to your village illeterates in upper Iweka that can’t think on their own except I hear from my daddy.

@the bolded, what could be more authentic than the news that was captured on the day of the event in its true form. The same thing was captured by 3 independent media channel that cross across 2 world powers.

Provide your source or shut up and play with the people within your intelligence bracket.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:

How did you refute our sources.

By lying to yourself saying it was doctored from another event, heh? With all those reputable sources all playing along too because Gowon is the Emperor and conquerer of Rome, America, and Britain.

I swear, you bia.frauds just dey make me laugh grin

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 11:04pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are not adding up...

Ojuku read.

It’s not hard to read because the prints is just one page that detailed what happened. Awo was flown from Calabar in a helicopter and the entourage simply drove him straight to Gowon office in Lagos where they chatted and shook hand.

He was flown from the federal prison to Lagos and the video is just when he met with Gowon.

Read the paper below. Can you see it 100% correlates with the video? Yet both of them are from a different source.

Ojuku at least have shame and stop ridiculing the image of the late coward that ran away like a woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 11:04pm On May 10, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Stop saying nonsense!
You see as the guy torpedo your amateurush copy and paste job...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by ScotMisile: 11:06pm On May 10, 2020
Maybe in a commando style Gowon sneaked into Calabar using the prison break method to free Awo and fly him back to Lagos.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are not adding up...

[s]How believable is it that Gowon, the military head of state, would leave his official functions in Lagos and drive all the way to Callabar to free Awo?

The video was another event or it was simply stage-managed to mislead the gullibe into believing a pre-set narrative...[/s].

Of course because u no sabi maths. Your fraudulent heart won’t let truth add up to you, only lies.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by T9ksy(m): 11:12pm On May 10, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are not adding up...

Abi o jare!!!

Yeasterners and their cave-man mentality.

Meanwhile the National head of prisons is drawing his salary from the nigerian govt . who is he answerable to? Gowon or ojukwu.

Even the ikemba (as of august 1966) was still receiving his salary from the nigerian govt as the military governor of eastern nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out Obiano’s Wife’s Weird New Look Which Has Generated Negative Reactions / Who Doesn’t Wish Obasanjo Back As President? / GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.